forum

[resolved] Can't play or click anything.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Criylon
Hi, I have a very strange issue, and I can't seem find an answer that is already in the forums, because I'm unsure exactly what to search.

Problem Details:
When I open osu!, it works completely fine for a total of 5 seconds. Then, I'll have two cursors, my mouse cursor, and the osu! cursor, moving at different speeds. I know this can be solved by changing the game cursor speed, but then we have the next problem. When I click, the screen flashes black for a split second, and nothing works. Very rarely can I click something, and I mean extremely rarely. It's as if the click does not register at all. I can't click the play button, or the options button, none of them.

Assuming I get past the play button, my mouse appears to be held down, so when I move the cursor up and down, the songs scroll. I can't click any of the songs or folders, and what I said in the paragraph above does not apply; I really cannot click at all.

I have gone into the .cfg file and have done some tinkering, however nothing is working. This is my nighttime game and I really miss it. What should I do next to fix it???

Feel free to ask questions specifying the issue if to make it more clear or if I had not stated it explicitly. Anything considering the issue is greatly appreciated.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I can't get a good screenshot, because when I try to, the cursors line up immediately. However the mouse cursor never disappears.

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Stanvord
Have you tried to reinstall osu?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Stanvord wrote:

Never suggest this unless it is a last resort. And ALWAYS remember people to backup any songs / skins / whatever they may have.
Dntm8kmeeatu
It sounds like osu! is not being the focused window for some reason, make sure you are in Fullscreen (Not Borderless) and that no background program is interfering. (Make sure to disable any program that may have an "overlay")
Topic Starter
Criylon

Stanvord wrote:

I will not reinstall osu! unless I know the problem is really unsolvable.

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

It sounds like osu! is not being the focused window for some reason, make sure you are in Fullscreen (Not Borderless) and that no background program is interfering. (Make sure to disable any program that may have an "overlay")
I've switched to many different resolutions, borderless and fullscreen, and made sure it was the only program running. Yet, I get the same result over and over again.
Venix
Have you gone to normal .cfg or osu!.<username>.cfg?
Zonthem
Imo osu is not the problem, you have a processus that grab the focus over osu's window.

I don't know if you have, but try to play on another game that run full window, to see if the same problem occures

And what is your antivirus ? Because it's quite possible it is its fault because it's always running

you should also post a screen of your task manager (the process tab). Perhaps we could see something unexpected :/
Alysia_old_1
Are you using a mouse or tablet or both? Is there something (hardware wise) that could lead to osu! thinking that there is a double input?
Topic Starter
Criylon
This sticks out to me:

Zonthem wrote:

I don't know if you have, but try to play on another game that run full window, to see if the same problem occures
I played Warframe right after and the same thing happened. I restarted my computer and everything is running perfectly.

This is now resolved, however feel free to ask as this is a strange problem that I have never experienced and would like to know more about.
Now to the other commments:

Venix wrote:

Have you gone to normal .cfg or osu!.<username>.cfg?
I went to the osu!.<username>.cfg

Zonthem wrote:

Imo osu is not the problem, you have a processus that grab the focus over osu's window.

And what is your antivirus ? Because it's quite possible it is its fault because it's always running

you should also post a screen of your task manager (the process tab). Perhaps we could see something unexpected :/
I don't have an antivirus program, besides Window 10's default firewall. I can't open the task manager for this but if the problem happens again and if it is allowed I will post a screenshot of my task manager.

Alysia wrote:

Are you using a mouse or tablet or both? Is there something (hardware wise) that could lead to osu! thinking that there is a double input?
I used a tablet, and then a mouse, then a tablet. I only have one USB port left, so I had to swap them out. After, I did both, and it no differences arose.