4.8kpp - Slow Improvement or none visible

posted
Total Posts
40
Topic Starter
Florrow
So uh for the past 40 days, so to say, my improvement has hit a wall. I find myself either shitmissing all the way around or my mouse gets outta hand, mouse drift is too high to control. I have been playing regurarly for the past 5 days, about 1-2 hours a day or more if i felt like doing so. Here's a list of things that i tried and also tried sticking with but in the end they resulted in nothing to be honest:

Changing my skin to different ones
Changing cursors, from static to dinamic, from with trail to without, small, large cursors etc
Change my sensitivity slightly or a bit more
Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control.
Trying to fc a map multiple times
Trying to play random maps only once without retrying
Playing mods such as DT and occasionally HD
Switching up grip styles and hand placement
Cleaning my mousepad
Taking breaks
Not thinking about my performance and just playing the game
Playing multiplayer

So yeah this is what i've tried so far and none worked for me, my improvement is still really really slow.
I know advices are going to be a lot like the common patters "play more" but as you can see i actually tried playing more XD

Thanks in advance ~
ManuelOsuPlayer
Do you try focus more on listening the song and play song what you like? A.K.A. enjoy the game :P
Retry the same map 20 times to the end to "recover" muscle memory and tell me if it works xD
Gl.
markii
Stop changing things trying to get good again, play maps that give you a challenge, instead of trying to fix it so you're good again, get yourself in the headspace of "let's get good again real quick" problem will fade shortly.
placeholder
look at how you play and pick a thing to focus on when you play and try to do it perfectly
Rayne
Stop changing your DPI / Sensitivity everytime, you will just ruin all your acquired muscle memory everytime. No surprise you won't improve since you always have to get used to new sensitivities and DPI again.

Pick a DPI and Sensitivity that you like / just copy some better players mouse settings and stick with it.
Otherwise you should just keep doing what you're doing. Keep playing harder maps, and focus on improving the things that you think hold you back. (unless it's aim, that just comes over time and is naturally ruined for a while by you changing your DPI everytime)


Changing skins / cursor is literally almost always no difference in gameplay. Whether I use a 0,10x Cursor or 2x Cursor with or without trail doesn't change my muscle memory or reading at all.
J_8579
Changing my skin to different ones Skins are only visual preference.
Changing cursors, from static to dinamic, from with trail to without, small, large cursors etc Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Change my sensitivity slightly or a bit more Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control. Stick to one setting.
Trying to fc a map multiple times bad habit
Trying to play random maps only once without retrying You obviously didn't stick to it.
Playing mods such as DT and occasionally HD keep doing that
Switching up grip styles and hand placement Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Cleaning my mousepad Well apparently it's not the issue if you're still complaining, right?
Taking breaks keep doing that
Not thinking about my performance and just playing the game Obviously you're thinking about that right now since you posted this thread.
Playing multiplayer keep doing that
RokkaAstrea

F1r3tar wrote:

Changing my skin to different ones Skins are only visual preference.
Changing cursors, from static to dinamic, from with trail to without, small, large cursors etc Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Change my sensitivity slightly or a bit more Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control. Stick to one setting.
Trying to fc a map multiple times bad habit
Trying to play random maps only once without retrying You obviously didn't stick to it.
Playing mods such as DT and occasionally HD keep doing that
Switching up grip styles and hand placement Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Cleaning my mousepad Well apparently it's not the issue if you're still complaining, right?
Taking breaks keep doing that
Not thinking about my performance and just playing the game Obviously you're thinking about that right now since you posted this thread.
Playing multiplayer keep doing that
As harsh as this may seem, it's true. Don't play maps that you don't like just to get pp. Farming for pp is going to make you better, but you're not enjoying the maps, are you?
placeholder
changing sens/settings is fine and will not harm or make you forget things you have learned. you never knew how to play with the settings you are changing to so it's totally fine that you are shit with them. changing back takes less time after a while.

you can't make a good choice of settings/sens for yourself if you don't give all the options a chance (days to weeks of trying them out/practice), almost any new thing will feel worse than the one you are used to. you'll get a good feel of what you gain and lose using high/low sens or whatever setting doing this.
Veix
When you arent at your top skill level these drastic changes wont help you improving. I only try to change things up when Im pretty good anyways, at least this works for me. Try to stick with your settings until you can reproduce your topscores and then you can think about improving and changing things up. Its like you have a bad day when training for 100m running and switch your shoelaces.
Sayorie
Take a long break
KupcaH
quit w
mulraf

Florrow wrote:

Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control.
practically i'm worse than you so i don't think i can give you much help but try to read into dpi and think about it a bit

https://www.howtogeek.com/182702/mouse- ... or-gaming/

i came to the conclusion that you should do high dpi and low sens. high dpi should result in your physical motions getting measured as well as possible. low sensitivity will counter the inherited movement speed you get from the high dpi so that you get some control but still your movements are measured accurately. so just high dpi and decrease sensitivity until you're moving about as fast as you're right now.
at least sounds logical to me after researching it.
Endaris

mulraf wrote:

Florrow wrote:

Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control.
practically i'm worse than you so i don't think i can give you much help but try to read into dpi and think about it a bit

https://www.howtogeek.com/182702/mouse- ... or-gaming/

i came to the conclusion that you should do high dpi and low sens. high dpi should result in your physical motions getting measured as well as possible. low sensitivity will counter the inherited movement speed you get from the high dpi so that you get some control but still your movements are measured accurately. so just high dpi and decrease sensitivity until you're moving about as fast as you're right now.
at least sounds logical to me after researching it.
Well, effectively this will do nothing as the low sens WILL introduce the rounding that you would get with low DPI (and most likely worse so because you got small inaccuracies from tracking - regardless of high or low bpm - AND on top the rounding inaccuracy).
It should also be noticed that most mice' tracking gets more and more inprecise with higher DPI. On most mice you shouldn't go above 1.6k DPI and the optimum for most is around 800-1000.
Nublin
I think you're at a level where you start to run out of nomod farm maps, i would focus on mods at this point but also just keep trying harder songs for fun
Topic Starter
Florrow

Nublin wrote:

I think you're at a level where you start to run out of nomod farm maps, i would focus on mods at this point but also just keep trying harder songs for fun
i actually thought about this and i kinda find myself in the same situation of playing the same maps over and over, that's why im trying to learn dt ;D

also thanks to everybody that posted above, i've read all of your post
Creyz

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Retry the same map 20 times to the end to "recover" muscle memory and tell me if it works xD
Gl.
This is a horrible advice don't listen to him.
Play more, that is all tbh. Everyone hits a wall at some point
SirOxorsid
Play more, idk why some people expect to notice improvement every time they play, it just doesn't work like that.

Creyz wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Retry the same map 20 times to the end to "recover" muscle memory and tell me if it works xD
Gl.
This is a horrible advice don't listen to him.
Play more, that is all tbh. Everyone hits a wall at some point
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Creyz

SirOxorsid wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Trust me he's not being sarcastic have you seen his other advice in the forums? Lol
ManuelOsuPlayer

Creyz wrote:

SirOxorsid wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Trust me he's not being sarcastic have you seen his other advice in the forums? Lol
I'm not. I didn't say 200 times to don't play same maps over and over.
Creyz

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm not. I didn't say 200 times to don't play same maps over and over.
Playing the same map over and over again isn't a good advice. Muscle memory isn't always good it just screws you over and you make the same mistake over and over again. And every map is different so playing 1 beatmap 20 timed isn't gonna help him.
And you manuel I know you want to help but you are never helpful lol
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply