forum

tomppabeats - lonely but not when you hold me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wikozo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 29 czerwca 2017 at 15:17:09

Artist: tomppabeats
Title: lonely but not when you hold me
Tags: aesthetic chill lofi hip hop harbor lp
BPM: 77
Filesize: 1569kb
Play Time: 00:50
Difficulties Available:
  1. can you... hold me? (2,04 stars, 71 notes)
  2. easy. (1,19 stars, 56 notes)
Download: tomppabeats - lonely but not when you hold me
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

MAPSET

easy. - by me
can you... hold me? - by me
LimePixel
Hi :)
M4M request, hope it helps :)

[easy.]
I think you should move the timing point over to 00:01:695 since that's the time where the first notable sound is at. Where you have it now is extremely quiet.

00:35:981 (4) - This should be a NM to follow the pattern you've made in the past and future in this map. Also, quick suggestion: make this slider like 00:42:215 (1) because they're pretty much the same sound.

Since it's an Easy diff, you might want to check AiMod for the distance snapping. Open AiMod and click "Check distance snap".

[can you... hold me?]
Same timing point suggestion as above.

00:27:410 (2,3,4,5,6) - Suggestion. These look like a stream. Even though the song is really slow and calm, I suggest arranging these notes in an alternating pattern. So the player goes back and forth. This would be over a very small distance since they're only 1/4th of a beat in between each other.
I hope that's understandable, pretty much suggesting that you stack #4 and #6 under #2, and do that to #5 under #3. Then you might want to move the whole arrangement upwards.

Good luck. Ignore this mod if it's unhelpful.
blobdash
m4m!
oh god i love tomppabeats
the map is not that long, an so my mod will. and, the map is good. soo hehe

the offset is wrong... 1695 instead. the song is timed correctly, but the first beat is not on the right tick
make sur to uncheck "move beats when moving offset" to do not move the circles (or move after changing)

easy.
the distance snapping is really low. it's 77 bpm, put it to at least 1. ds changes with the bpm ^^
this low distance snapping causes a lot of objects to overlap themselves, and... it's not that beautiful.
please note that ds can be turned off for some objects, as long as it's for a purpose :)

00:06:371 (4) - move the last anchor a little bit to blanket perfectly the slider

00:42:215 (1,2,3) - really, here's why you need to change the ds to 1.

here the major problem is not the rythm, it's more the object placement you need to redo. you really need to work on it. keep the ideas but try to not overlap :)
can you... hold me?
add a clap to every white tick (even for sliderends/sliderheads)
00:12:215 (3) - missed white tick
00:48:059 (4) - there's no actual sound, the vocal is on the blue tick if that's what you were mapping

the map is really good
hope you'll try to rank that =)

edit : add that to the tags
chill lofi hip hop harbor lp
i don't know why "aesthetics" is in the tags but hmmmm... k
Topic Starter
Wikozo

LimePixel wrote:

Hi :)
M4M request, hope it helps :)

[easy.]
I think you should move the timing point over to 00:01:695 since that's the time where the first notable sound is at. Where you have it now is extremely quiet. fixed, only bcs that's better. but this not have sense, bcs it doesn't matter.

00:35:981 (4) - This should be a NM to follow the pattern you've made in the past and future in this map. Also, quick suggestion: make this slider like 00:42:215 (1) because they're pretty much the same sound.fixed

Since it's an Easy diff, you might want to check AiMod for the distance snapping. Open AiMod and click "Check distance snap".

[can you... hold me?]
Same timing point suggestion as above.

00:27:410 (2,3,4,5,6) - Suggestion. These look like a stream. Even though the song is really slow and calm, I suggest arranging these notes in an alternating pattern. So the player goes back and forth. This would be over a very small distance since they're only 1/4th of a beat in between each other.
I hope that's understandable, pretty much suggesting that you stack #4 and #6 under #2, and do that to #5 under #3. Then you might want to move the whole arrangement upwards. okaaay? Is it supposed to look like that? :

Good luck. Ignore this mod if it's unhelpful.
Thank you for mod ;)
Topic Starter
Wikozo

FruityEnLoops wrote:

m4m!
oh god i love tomppabeats
the map is not that long, an so my mod will. and, the map is good. soo hehe

the offset is wrong... 1695 instead. the song is timed correctly, but the first beat is not on the right tick
make sur to uncheck "move beats when moving offset" to do not move the circles (or move after changing)

easy.
the distance snapping is really low. it's 77 bpm, put it to at least 1. ds changes with the bpm ^^
this low distance snapping causes a lot of objects to overlap themselves, and... it's not that beautiful.
please note that ds can be turned off for some objects, as long as it's for a purpose :)

00:06:371 (4) - move the last anchor a little bit to blanket perfectly the slider fixed, i think

00:42:215 (1,2,3) - really, here's why you need to change the ds to 1. okaay? now i don't really can

here the major problem is not the rythm, it's more the object placement you need to redo. you really need to work on it. keep the ideas but try to not overlap :)
can you... hold me?
add a clap to every white tick (even for sliderends/sliderheads)fixed
00:12:215 (3) - missed white tick fixed
00:48:059 (4) - there's no actual sound, the vocal is on the blue tick if that's what you were mappingfixed
the map is really good
hope you'll try to rank that =)

edit : add that to the tags
chill lofi hip hop harbor lp
i don't know why "aesthetics" is in the tags but hmmmm... k fixed but why lofi why aesthetic? bcs this is aesthetic music.
Rizen
Easy
  1. NEeds hitsounding
  2. Personally not a fan of your short DS value, cos it makes the 1/1 spaced apart objects touching, which is rather icky
  3. 00:06:371 (4,1,2) - DS has to be consistent in an Easy diffs (0.80x)
  4. 00:23:902 - I would make this tick clickable tbh, or at least mapped so it's not a repeat slider end, like how you did at 00:11:436 (1) -
  5. 00:27:410 (2) - short repeat sliders with more than one repeat isn't very encouraged in easy diffs since beginner players will only see the first repeat arrow and won't know it repeats a lot more. Consider changing this to a long slider instead
  6. 00:35:981 (4) - ^. Also, would like to make the red tick (piano) clickable as previously mentioned
  7. 00:42:215 (1,2,3) - very hard to read due to how clustered it is, consider using a different pattern (confusing to read for beginners)
long diff name
  1. offset is 1695
  2. I don't find the usage of finishes appropriate to this song/diff since the song is rather soft and finish additions are kinda harsh
  3. Rhythm mapped in this diff is kinda flawed. At parts, you map to the piano like at 00:04:812 (1,2,3,4,5) - , but in some parts you undermap it, like at 00:29:747 (3) - . You can try adjusting those sliders so it pseudo maps the piano (00:12:215 (3) - ) or you can change the rhythm to something like 00:34:228 (2,3,4) - .
  4. 00:27:410 (2,3,4,5,6) - can be neater like this where circle 6 is spaced the same distance between circle 2 and circle 3
  5. 00:48:643 (1) - start at 00:48:449 - instead?
gl
blobdash

Wikozo wrote:

fixed but why lofi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lo-fi_music
Topic Starter
Wikozo
ok
_Crow
hi m4m

[Easy]
Distance snap is too low and there are a lot of spacing errors. A lot
You should really increase distance snap, to avoid all of those ugly overlaps
00:08:708 (1) - This should overlap with 00:04:812 (3) - 's tail
00:11:046 (3,1,2) - Spacing error
00:13:384 (4) - this too, should be 0.8x
00:22:734 (3,1) - Stacks are confusing for new players
00:27:410 (2,1,2) - You shouldn't use 1/2 rhythm on easy, it's too fast for new players (let's assume it's 154bpm 1/2)
00:37:149 (5,6,7) - Spacing error
00:42:215 (1,2,3,4,1) - All of these are spacing errors, remember that lower diffs should use time-distance equality

[Normal]
00:27:410 (2,3,4,5,6,1) - You really shouldn't put jumps in a normal diff
00:15:527 (2) - Spacing error

All of these are big issues, and should be fixed if you want it to get ranked
You may need to remap easy diff too

Good luck
Aurele
tell me when you revive this again
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.