forum

--[cyber.KIN3TIK] OSU STD SKIN [SD/HD]--

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HeretqalKvlt
Currently debating whether I should make an update on this skin or create a new one. What do you guys think? Leave a Comment Below and tell me what you think!

So why cyber.KIN3TIK?
Well, that's pretty simple. There's alot of skins out there that I like to play with. However, I kept having issues reading them, or getting the right audio feedback that I wanted. So I decided to make a skin that focused not only on aesthetic, but readability, immersion and audio feedback. Making a theme focused on things like Mardock Scramble, Ghost in a Shell, Blade Runner and even elements from the Synthpop artist Kavinsky just seemed like the right place to start.

I also wanted a theme in my collection that didnt focus on anime, or was way TOO minimal. I wanted the best of both worlds.
So focusing on easy gameplay, and audio feedback is why this skin is called KIN3TIK. Hopefully this skin not only helps you read OSU STD better but also gives you an immersive gameplay experience.

This skin is still in AlphaStage so alot of things may be a little buggy. I'm only releasing it because I'd like to get suggestions and opinions and I can't fully do all the debugging since my skill set doesn't allow me to do insane maps and I don;t know how this skin will play at that level.
If you find something weird, out of place or just doesn't fit the theme or takes out that immersive feeling shoot me a PM.
Also, I don't mind suggestions, I'm always looking for more ways to improve the skin.
I am looking to finish up the STD version of this first then, with the right feedback I might expand the skin to other modes.

LET ME SEE THE KINT3TIK KRAKEN!
Welcome Screen

Main Menu

Song Select

Mode Select

Mod Select

Skip Screen

Combo Burst

Additional Combo Burst

Gameplay

Additional Gameplay

Spinner

Pause Screen

Fail Screen

Ranking Screen

WE CAN MAKE IT BETTER< FASTER< STRONGER
Initial Release 1.1

Animated Health Bar
Animated Skip
Animated Back Button
Supporter Exclusives have been Included
menu-background.jpg, welcome.wav, seeya.wav
Multiplayer Additions have been made
multi-skipped.jpg, match-confirm.wav, match-start.wav
Score V2 Mod is in the initial release

Patch 1.2

Interface Sounds

Applause.wav
Failsound.wav
Seeya.wav
Spinnerspin.wav
Combobreak.wav

Gameplay Sounds

Drum Hit Sounds
Normal Hit Sounds
Soft Hit Sounds

Graphics and Animations

Follow-Point
Scorebar-bg.png
Scorebar-colour Animation
Ranking Hit Points
Ranking Accuracy
Ranking Combo
Gameplay Hit Points
Spinner Elements Resized

BUT IS IT BROKEN?
Pause Screen
On screens using lower resolutions than 1920x1080
I do know that the pause screen acts a little wonky.
This is not by design. I wanted to create something that felt a little different than the normal pause screen.
Although it has been "perfected" (using that term reallly loosely), in resolutions 1920x1080 and the SD Version of the skin; I'm still tinkering with how to make it perfect across all screens.
Depending on feedback I may just create a standard pause screen rather than keep chasing this idea. But we'll see. I would love to see this pause screen come to life, but after tinkering with it for days I will release it as is in alpha and move on from there.

Sounds
This being my first skin I have no idea just how many sounds I can change, or would want to change [Yes, I have read the sound wiki, but its hard to test certain sounds. So if anyone has any suggestions for sound testing (maps with only normal sounds, drum sounds, soft sounds), I would seriously appreciate it.]
If you guys do find a sound that sounds off, too loud, thats defaulted, or that simply takes away from the aesthetic send me a PM and I'll take the time to look at it.

Usage on Smaller Screens
I have fully tested this skin on both kinds of resolutions, but sometimes when you're working, or you get distracted by that one REALLY good song; you tend to get distracted. So if theres anything messing up or acting wonky let me know.

No Other Modes
Currently I only play STD. So I am looking to finish interface and the STD mode of this skin first.
Then maybe, if theres enough push I'll definately look into expanding the skin into other game modes.

GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE
-yuo-
YUO! The spinner in my current skin could not have been completed without Yuo. Yuos' NIGHTGATE skin was a huge catalyst for me even making this skin. But Yuos' spinner was a huge influence on mine. Not to mention the wizardry and witchcraft behind color theory to make it look and react exactly as i wanted it to. So thank you so so much for such an amazing answer and all the help that you offered!

Choilicious
For always being kind and patient with answers and never making me feel like a noob.

Garin
For being one of the scariest mfs in this community, but for also setting me straight and pushing me to create something truly original. Keeping the standards of the Skinning Community High and never letting the Golden Age of Skinning die.

Snoopipiz
FOR GETTING ME ADDICTED TO FU#$%@# OSU!
For always looking for bugs and giving great insight into the direction of the skin. SEE I FIXED THE MENU (the menu before this one was atrocious. It was circular and had to go all around the edges to even get a button to expand.). For pushing me to actually finish and publish this skin. Hopefully Lyra likes it too :D

RELEASE THE KIN3TIK KRAKEN!

GITS MODS
[Additional Elements]
//Augmentation Pack | DOWNLOAD

Package Including the Following Additional Files

Approach-Circles
Arrow-Warnings
Combo-Breakers
Follow-Points
Slider-End-Circle
Slider-Follow-Circle
Wallpapers

cyber.KIN3TIK FULL SD/HD
[with GITS MODS Pack]
//THE FIRST COMPRESSION | DOWNLOAD
Alternative Link

The full package of the Alpha release. It includes SD and HD and ALL THE MODS as well as the wallpapers.
This is great if you want the images from the skin, want to tweak around a couple of the elements without having to re-create your own. Or, just like extra goodies.

cyber.KIN3TIK SD/HD
[SKIN ONLY]
//THE SECOND COMBUSTION | DOWNLOAD

The Full Monty. It includes both SD and HD elements but without the heavyness of the GITS MODS package.
This is perfect for those with a solid connection that don't want to sacrifice quality.

cyber.KIN3TIK SD
[SKIN ONLY]

//THE THIRD EXHAUST | DOWNLOAD

Your SD only skin, no HD elements, no @2x sized elements. The lightest skin download.
Best if you have a slow connection, or your just curious about the skin. This one however might be the buggiest due to the pause screen.

cyber.KIN3TIK PATCH 1.2
[PATCH ZIP ONLY]
//PATCH 1.2 | DOWNLOAD

This is a patch for those that downloaded before 6/4/2017.
It Includes changes to:
Interface Sounds

Applause.wav
Failsound.wav
Seeya.wav
Spinnerspin.wav
Combobreak.wav

Gameplay Sounds

Drum Hit Sounds
Normal Hit Sounds
Soft Hit Sounds

Graphics and Animations

Follow-Point
Scorebar-bg.png
Ranking Hit Points
Ranking Accuracy
Ranking Combo
Gameplay Hit Points
Spinner Elements Resized
ripmyacc
Paneiru
Respect for the amount of time that must have been devoted to the making of this skin.
Topic Starter
HeretqalKvlt

ripmyacc wrote:

Thanks for the Thumbs up. Hope you enjoy it :D

Paneiru wrote:

Respect for the amount of time that must have been devoted to the making of this skin.

It's taken ages. I think currently I've been testing and learning for about 3 weeks. But it's been a really fun learning process. Besides its a very satisfying way to give to the community :D.
atturbo555
Yeah, It's looking cool look like sci-fi skin. but hit point on ranking panel is not perfect, but in gameplay is nice. :3
And one thing is important, Your Spinner on low gpu memory or on board gpu is can made my fps is drop or lagging. :o
-yuo-

ripmyacc wrote:

DAMMNNNNNNNNNN THIS IS HOW YOU SKIN.
GOOD JOB.

this is weird but i cant help but look up to you.

anyway, well... this turned out well, happy to help as always.

Its amazing as is, but do consider:
this stuff
Try changing the ranking panel score displays by using hit#-0 (gameplay display) and hit# (scoreboard display).
Spelling for skip button :P oops turns out this was an animation
fit the lifebar closer to the left edge of the screen... its kinda awkward
Fix some followpoint flashes, you would probably need to extend the frames so that there are 60 frames.. e.g. 1st stage- 20f, 2nd stage- 20f etc
also, put a little 'subtitle' under your download images... its kinda hard to see what is what, if you know what I mean...
e.g. GTS MODS *and underneath, smaller* Extra Elements Pack

not tryna be harsh, tryna improve it!

but all in all, its very nice. i been trying to make somthing like this too lol... rip...

good luck with your final release!
irrlux
That's a very nice skin you created there - the UI is stunning, but there are some parts I personally do not like:
- The score numbers are jaggies.
- The gameplay elements do not fit the grade of detail found in the rest of the skin.
- The followpoints are flickering.

@Edit:
The healthbar also says "OSU UI INTERFACE" - that is redundant.
vbn237jr
Woah ! nice job ... love it ! :)
h3oCharles
SD Feedback, 1st compression

Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself
hitbursts should have custom animations
hitbursts in ranking panel look off with the rest of it
pause screen sounds are also skinnable, not just the fail sound
combo and accuracy texts in ranking panel are too pixelated
Approach Circle =/= Spinner Approach Circle

aaand this is an art skin
Spells
I've never been more amazed by an osu! skin. Honestly, outstanding job.
Kuragaki Yukino
im in love with the cursor :) :shock:
Topic Starter
HeretqalKvlt

So, first off I would like to thank everyone's input as well as for giving my skin a shot.
This being a first for me I was admittedly very very nervous about the reaction.

I took everyone's opinions into consideration and I was able to create the first patch for you guys!
It's bundled into a Zip File so just unpack and copy paste :D.
All the links have also been updated with the new additions if you would rather do that and just delete the old skin.

Update Patch 1.2
cyber.KIN3TIK PATCH 1.2
[PATCH ZIP ONLY]
//PATCH 1.2 | DOWNLOAD

This is a patch for those that downloaded before 6/4/2017.
It Includes changes to:
Interface Sounds

Applause.wav
Failsound.wav
Seeya.wav
Spinnerspin.wav
Combobreak.wav

Gameplay Sounds

Drum Hit Sounds
Normal Hit Sounds
Soft Hit Sounds

Graphics and Animations

Follow-Point
Scorebar-bg.png
Ranking Hit Points
Ranking Accuracy
Ranking Combo
Gameplay Hit Points
Spinner Elements Resized
Response for atturbo555

atturbo555 wrote:

And one thing is important, Your Spinner on low gpu memory or on board gpu is can made my fps is drop or lagging. :o

I did lower the size of the spinner. Hopefully this helps with GPU. I also did change the hit points in the ranking panle while still keeping the original hit points in gameplay thanks to -yuo-'s suggestion.
Response for -yuo-

-yuo- wrote:

DAMMNNNNNNNNNN THIS IS HOW YOU SKIN.
GOOD JOB.

this is weird but i cant help but look up to you.

fit the lifebar closer to the left edge of the screen... its kinda awkward.

not tryna be harsh, tryna improve it!
I am very happy that you liked the skin. It means a lot that you would say that you look up to me since your the one skinner who i was trying to emulate and look up to as well!.

I am more than glad for all your help and your input.

Maybe, we can collaborate on a skin if your down for it! :) .

I want to make sa serious of Kinetik skins so if your down just let me know :D.

Response for irrlux

irrlux wrote:

That's a very nice skin you created there - the UI is stunning, but there are some parts I personally do not like:
- The score numbers are jaggies.
- The gameplay elements do not fit the grade of detail found in the rest of the skin.
- The followpoints are flickering.

@Edit:
The healthbar also says "OSU UI INTERFACE" - that is redundant.

I'll look into re-doing the score-numbers. I do believe its the font that I'm using especially since its a thin font.
I did fix the follow point to be more gradient and a little thicker so that they're easier to read.

This portion is what I was most interested in. What kind of detail would you like added to the gameplay factor.
I will admit I did spend a little more time with the interface than gameplay. (I'm more comfortable with Interfaces for some reason).
However, I would love so enlightenment on details or tweaks that would make gameplay smoother for you guys
Response for h3oCharles

h3oCharles wrote:

SD Feedback, 1st compression

Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself
hitbursts should have custom animations
hitbursts in ranking panel look off with the rest of it
pause screen sounds are also skinnable, not just the fail sound
combo and accuracy texts in ranking panel are too pixelated

aaand this is an art skin
Your answer I had alot of questions on. If you don't mind I would love some clarification.
Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself. Approach Circle =/= Spinner Approach Circle
What do you mean? what scale should it be in? Visually what is turning you off about the spinner? Also I wanted to use different approach circles for both elements. So I dont understand when you say that the approach cicrlce does not ewual to the Spinner Approach Circle. Could you please clarify.

With the pause screen the ui sounds have been skinned. the pause-loop.wav however would play during a fail screen as well. So I decided against incorporating it. I think thats what you were referencing to.

Combo and Accuracy have been changed.

And what do you mean its an art skin? is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Well Guys. For right now that's all the updates I have. Sorry for the uber long post. And I hope that the changes are favorable and that I get to hear some more feedback from you guys :D.
Choilicious
As people already mentioned the score numbers and some of the larger text is pretty jagged.

Animations are really amazing, but i cant enjoy them because they are in SD only(it would probably wreck the skin size if it was in both resolutions)

Gameplay is smooth, personaly didnt like having the hit300 visible, but thats preference. Your hitcircle@2x is different from the non@2x one, also the rest of the gameplay stuff is in SD only.

Alot of people recognize their maps by the thumbnail picture, and having the menu-button-background symbol right over the thumbnails made it incredibly hard for me to recognize songs. I think a slightly less colorful button-background would look better since the rest of your UI is rather minimalistic.

selection-mode-over does not properly align with the text on the selection-mode like it does for all the other buttons, also it might look better if the button was wider to the point where it doesn't create a gap between selection-mode & selection-mods.

Overall a really nice skin, but if you make HD elements i would suggest to stay consistent and create HD versions for all the elements
h3oCharles
Reply to OP's response, haven't seen the 1.2 patch yet.

h3oCharles wrote:

Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself.
Go look at the spinner. Notice how the approach circle is out of the screen (I'm playing on 1366x768) and now go look at the dimensions of the spinner itself and the approach circle.

badwolfvi wrote:

What scale should it be in?
I honestly don't know, however I know Doomsday's skin should help you in that regard.

badwolfvi wrote:

Visually what is turning you off about the spinner?
Out-of-screen and if the spinner is a big circle and/or ring then I would rather like to have it start at the border of the spinner, not outside it. Also, this is me mostly talking about old-style spinner due to me not liking the new one expanding as it's getting cleared.

h3oCharles wrote:

In Extras directory, you put approach circles. Inside of it, there were 2 options. However, one of them is for a spinner.
irrlux

badwolfvi wrote:

This portion is what I was most interested in. What kind of detail would you like added to the gameplay factor.
Well, you are using a lot of details throughout the user interface (for example, the ranking-symbols are having this smoke effect).
- the gameplay elements are not affected by this, but instead as simple as could possibly be.

I suggest adding a few materials and lighting to the hitcircle, but that is a very personal preference.
I added some screenshots of my mod to give a visible example of what I'm referring to. Only hitcircle, hitcirleoverlay and apporachcircle (you may want to add an approachcircle, too) were changed. I tried to adopt the ranking-symbols - adjusting to something like the spinner is probably a better approach - but I had no time to do that yet. Also, it is more fitting without the glass.

atturbo555
And I hope no one to request to make other mode. (Such as nat2011) :P
If you made for STD Mode only.
OsuMe65
It's a good skin but I have no idea what causes your texts to have jagged edges...
Firinael
The 1st link (full skin w/ addons) was taken down because of a copyright claim, apparently.
Topic Starter
HeretqalKvlt

Firinael wrote:

The 1st link (full skin w/ addons) was taken down because of a copyright claim, apparently.
Double checked the links however theyre still all functional, I've reached out to mediafire to see if theres anything on their side that may be messing with it but in the meantime.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pbw8i6c6lzzus6z/cyber.KIN3TIK+-+First+Compresssion.osk
Firinael
Topic Starter
HeretqalKvlt

Firinael wrote:

badwolfvi wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pbw8i6c6lzzus6z/cyber.KIN3TIK+-+First+Compresssion.osk
https://puu.sh/wxCEB/bbaa5fc290.png <- this comes up for me

Tried the link and it downloads but I will not let you go without a skin!
Im uploading using GDrive I'll PM you a link and then ill update the dl links.

UPDATE:
New Alternative link using GDRIVE
Firinael

badwolfvi wrote:

Tried the link and it downloads but I will not let you go without a skin!
Im uploading using GDrive I'll PM you a link and then ill update the dl links.

UPDATE:
New Alternative link using GDRIVE

lmao thanks a lot, dude S2
show more