forum

--[cyber.KIN3TIK] OSU STD SKIN [SD/HD]--

posted
Total Posts
48
show more
vbn237jr
Woah ! nice job ... love it ! :)
h3oCharles
SD Feedback, 1st compression

Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself
hitbursts should have custom animations
hitbursts in ranking panel look off with the rest of it
pause screen sounds are also skinnable, not just the fail sound
combo and accuracy texts in ranking panel are too pixelated
Approach Circle =/= Spinner Approach Circle

aaand this is an art skin
Spells
I've never been more amazed by an osu! skin. Honestly, outstanding job.
kazut08
im in love with the cursor :):shock:
Topic Starter
badwolfvi


So, first off I would like to thank everyone's input as well as for giving my skin a shot.
This being a first for me I was admittedly very very nervous about the reaction.

I took everyone's opinions into consideration and I was able to create the first patch for you guys!
It's bundled into a Zip File so just unpack and copy paste :D.
All the links have also been updated with the new additions if you would rather do that and just delete the old skin.

cyber.KIN3TIK PATCH 1.2
[PATCH ZIP ONLY]
//PATCH 1.2 | DOWNLOAD

This is a patch for those that downloaded before 6/4/2017.
It Includes changes to:
Interface Sounds

Applause.wav
Failsound.wav
Seeya.wav
Spinnerspin.wav
Combobreak.wav

Gameplay Sounds

Drum Hit Sounds
Normal Hit Sounds
Soft Hit Sounds

Graphics and Animations

Follow-Point
Scorebar-bg.png
Scorebar-colour Animation
Ranking Hit Points
Ranking Accuracy
Ranking Combo
Gameplay Hit Points
Spinner Elements Resized

atturbo555 wrote:

And one thing is important, Your Spinner on low gpu memory or on board gpu is can made my fps is drop or lagging. :o

I did lower the size of the spinner. Hopefully this helps with GPU. I also did change the hit points in the ranking panle while still keeping the original hit points in gameplay thanks to -yuo-'s suggestion.

-yuo- wrote:

DAMMNNNNNNNNNN THIS IS HOW YOU SKIN.
GOOD JOB.

this is weird but i cant help but look up to you.


fit the lifebar closer to the left edge of the screen... its kinda awkward.


not tryna be harsh, tryna improve it!
I am very happy that you liked the skin. It means a lot that you would say that you look up to me since your the one skinner who i was trying to emulate and look up to as well!.

I am more than glad for all your help and your input.

Maybe, we can collaborate on a skin if your down for it! :) .

I want to make sa serious of Kinetik skins so if your down just let me know :D.

irrlux wrote:

That's a very nice skin you created there - the UI is stunning, but there are some parts I personally do not like:
- The score numbers are jaggies.
- The gameplay elements do not fit the grade of detail found in the rest of the skin.
- The followpoints are flickering.

@Edit:
The healthbar also says "OSU UI INTERFACE" - that is redundant.

I'll look into re-doing the score-numbers. I do believe its the font that I'm using especially since its a thin font.
I did fix the follow point to be more gradient and a little thicker so that they're easier to read.

- The gameplay elements do not fit the grade of detail found in the rest of the skin.
This portion is what I was most interested in. What kind of detail would you like added to the gameplay factor.
I will admit I did spend a little more time with the interface than gameplay. (I'm more comfortable with Interfaces for some reason).
However, I would love so enlightenment on details or tweaks that would make gameplay smoother for you guys

h3oCharles wrote:

SD Feedback, 1st compression

Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself
hitbursts should have custom animations
hitbursts in ranking panel look off with the rest of it
pause screen sounds are also skinnable, not just the fail sound
combo and accuracy texts in ranking panel are too pixelated
Approach Circle =/= Spinner Approach Circle

aaand this is an art skin
Your answer I had alot of questions on. If you don't mind I would love some clarification.
Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself. Approach Circle =/= Spinner Approach Circle
What do you mean? what scale should it be in? Visually what is turning you off about the spinner? Also I wanted to use different approach circles for both elements. So I dont understand when you say that the approach cicrlce does not ewual to the Spinner Approach Circle. Could you please clarify.

With the pause screen the ui sounds have been skinned. the pause-loop.wav however would play during a fail screen as well. So I decided against incorporating it. I think thats what you were referencing to.

Combo and Accuracy have been changed.

And what do you mean its an art skin? is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Well Guys. For right now that's all the updates I have. Sorry for the uber long post. And I hope that the changes are favorable and that I get to hear some more feedback from you guys :D.
Choilicious
As people already mentioned the score numbers and some of the larger text is pretty jagged.

Animations are really amazing, but i cant enjoy them because they are in SD only(it would probably wreck the skin size if it was in both resolutions)

Gameplay is smooth, personaly didnt like having the hit300 visible, but thats preference. Your hitcircle@2x is different from the non@2x one, also the rest of the gameplay stuff is in SD only.

Alot of people recognize their maps by the thumbnail picture, and having the menu-button-background symbol right over the thumbnails made it incredibly hard for me to recognize songs. I think a slightly less colorful button-background would look better since the rest of your UI is rather minimalistic.

selection-mode-over does not properly align with the text on the selection-mode like it does for all the other buttons, also it might look better if the button was wider to the point where it doesn't create a gap between selection-mode & selection-mods.

Overall a really nice skin, but if you make HD elements i would suggest to stay consistent and create HD versions for all the elements
h3oCharles
Reply to OP's response, haven't seen the 1.2 patch yet.

h3oCharles wrote:

Spinner Approach Circle isn't a 1:1 scale on the spinner itself.
Go look at the spinner. Notice how the approach circle is out of the screen (I'm playing on 1366x768) and now go look at the dimensions of the spinner itself and the approach circle.

badwolfvi wrote:

What scale should it be in?
I honestly don't know, however I know Doomsday's skin should help you in that regard.

badwolfvi wrote:

Visually what is turning you off about the spinner?
Out-of-screen and if the spinner is a big circle and/or ring then I would rather like to have it start at the border of the spinner, not outside it. Also, this is me mostly talking about old-style spinner due to me not liking the new one expanding as it's getting cleared.

h3oCharles wrote:

Approach Circle =/= Spinner Approach Circle
In Extras directory, you put approach circles. Inside of it, there were 2 options. However, one of them is for a spinner.
irrlux

badwolfvi wrote:

- The gameplay elements do not fit the grade of detail found in the rest of the skin.
This portion is what I was most interested in. What kind of detail would you like added to the gameplay factor.
Well, you are using a lot of details throughout the user interface (for example, the ranking-symbols are having this smoke effect).
- the gameplay elements are not affected by this, but instead as simple as could possibly be.

I suggest adding a few materials and lighting to the hitcircle, but that is a very personal preference.
I added some screenshots of my mod to give a visible example of what I'm referring to. Only hitcircle, hitcirleoverlay and apporachcircle (you may want to add an approachcircle, too) were changed. I tried to adopt the ranking-symbols - adjusting to something like the spinner is probably a better approach - but I had no time to do that yet. Also, it is more fitting without the glass.





atturbo555
And I hope no one to request to make other mode. (Such as nat2011) :P
If you made for STD Mode only.
OsuMe65
It's a good skin but I have no idea what causes your texts to have jagged edges...
Firinael
The 1st link (full skin w/ addons) was taken down because of a copyright claim, apparently.
Topic Starter
badwolfvi

Firinael wrote:

The 1st link (full skin w/ addons) was taken down because of a copyright claim, apparently.
Double checked the links however theyre still all functional, I've reached out to mediafire to see if theres anything on their side that may be messing with it but in the meantime.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pbw8i6c6lzzus6z/cyber.KIN3TIK+-+First+Compresssion.osk
Firinael
Topic Starter
badwolfvi

Firinael wrote:

badwolfvi wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pbw8i6c6lzzus6z/cyber.KIN3TIK+-+First+Compresssion.osk
https://puu.sh/wxCEB/bbaa5fc290.png <- this comes up for me
Tried the link and it downloads but I will not let you go without a skin!
Im uploading using GDrive I'll PM you a link and then ill update the dl links.

UPDATE:
New Alternative link using GDRIVE
Firinael

badwolfvi wrote:

Tried the link and it downloads but I will not let you go without a skin!
Im uploading using GDrive I'll PM you a link and then ill update the dl links.

UPDATE:
New Alternative link using GDRIVE
lmao thanks a lot, dude S2
untan
very good looking skin, a bit too distracting for gameplay but the skin looks nice
LowAccuracySS
amazing skin, but I just have one complaint: The doubletime mod shows that it effects the score multiplier by 1.32 when it really is 1.12.

ChangingOsu
This skin is beyond expectations I've ever had! This is quite detailed and I can tell a fuckton of effort was put into this, this is an eyegasm right here. File size is quite large though.
Shinigami_JKR19
sorry dude, your skin its fantastic, but the link of third version its, wrong, where the right version?
SupeDawn323
The time and devotion for making this skin must be ridiculous

Even if I can't use this for proper gameplay the skin is really amazing and I'm loving how greatly
detailed the elements are even though there might be some mistakes in it's first release it got better
and you corrected it's mistakes

A massive thank you for making this skin and you now have my respect
I'll be waiting for your other skins if there is actually some coming soon

Have a good day m8 :):):D:D

Also I don't care for the filesize XD
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply