Fixed all. Thanks for the mod sir! i'll mod your map in 24 hours.
MaridiuS wrote:The promised mod
The rhythm in the map doesn't seem to be executed on point. At times you fully follow the prime layers like synth or vocals, but sometimes you just decide to ignore it for some drums or indistinct guitar. Here is how I think it could be improved and why with examples.
- 00:40:854 - In this section there is the prime bass guitar and a solo guitar. You kept following the bass guitar until 00:43:766 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - . In this example you switched to the solo guitar, which has a much higher pitch while the bass guitar is doing something too. Usually you'll want to switch layers when the one you were following completely settles down. Other than that high pitched guitar is left ear, bass is right ear so you have no idea how difficult it was for me to notice the change in layers. My suggestion would be to keep following bass guitar here, like make https://i.imgur.com/krSAeul.jpg this rhythm where all bass guitar sounds will be followed.
- 00:50:174 - The synth is making the melody in this section (we talked about what is a synth, its an electronic piano). So I assumed that the map should express that melody on point like you do on these sliders 00:50:174 (1,2,6,1,2,6) - . You should try this rhythm https://i.imgur.com/MGKXkm8.jpg because all clickable things will be only for synth rather than including not so relevant drum or guitar. You can include possible variations such as https://i.imgur.com/i7exSlW.jpg or https://i.imgur.com/Bk517o5.jpg . Applies to the whole section.
- 01:03:718 (6) - This note is empty, it has no sound in the song. 01:04:009 (8) - You should also consider not mapping this note so that you can give full emphasis to guitar. Vocals without any bgm, drum or guitar backup generally are really weak and mostly irrelevant to map, I think this is that case.
- 01:22:795 - In this section you should either follow the bass guitar or the synth. 01:25:125 - this sound is really irrelevant compared to the bass guitar and vastly different from it. By mapping both, the rhythm gets messed up, so either do https://i.imgur.com/yzjbIWq.jpg or https://i.imgur.com/Bkbe4xn.jpg. Most humans are not capable of following two different melodies at once (only the really trained ones like professional pianists), which is why I suggest you to follow one throughout. Repeats to other cases like this 01:25:999 - 01:27:455 - 01:29:494 - ..... 01:28:038 (6,7) - you did it nicely here
- 01:51:339 (2) - This note is too strong not to be a slider tbh, its tons stronger than 01:51:484 (3) - bcs more prominent guitar vocal and drums ;/. 02:02:989 (2,3) - Applies to this too.
- 02:01:096 (3,4) - By ctrl+ging here you will follow the vocals on point, you shouldn't make drums without vocals clickable if you did not till now.
The aesthetics could also use some work.
- 00:45:514 (1,3,5,7) - These seem really randomly placed. They all sound similar in the song, they are in the same combo, yet you change their shape and placing all the time. I suggest you do something nicer and more organized, like switch between two slider shapes (only copy paste and rotate by 90 degrees), don't overlap stuff if you won't overlap all the stuff. My example: https://i.imgur.com/SOERdGc.jpg , don't mind the movement, i just made a good looking pattern real fast.
- 00:52:213 (11,1,2) - A bit complicated to explain in a simple way, but if you use patterns such as this, it is a good idea to blanket them like https://i.imgur.com/hV6bxLd.jpg it should look much better.
- 00:58:038 (5) - Sliders shouldn't be tilted this much (blame the meta). Check pishifat video about aesthetics and slidershapes https://i.imgur.com/eaeJwSk.jpg this is about the max rotation until it starts looking bad :/.
- 00:54:834 (1,2,4) - Consider putting the circle in the middle so it gets blanketed by 2 sliders https://i.imgur.com/q21qAC2.jpg
- 01:05:611 (7,10) - You should avoid placing objects so close to each other, I moved it just slightly https://i.imgur.com/LNKToIR.jpg but it should give much more space. Applies to many examples in this map like 01:25:125 (3,5) - 01:27:747 (5,7) - 01:55:707 (1,3) - idk picked random examples, some may look okay but generally its a good idea to give bigger spacing between objects.
Generally I'd advise looking into pishifat videos about aesthetics and slidershapes. Hopefully this mod will not be to hard to understand since there could be language barriers.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/690966 if you've found this mod helpful, this is the mapset for m4m. If you don't have much time, just mod top and bottom diff.