forum

[CTB] Change color of red circle around hyper fruits

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
energyman_old
Being a bit colorblind, I am almost impossible to detect whether fruit has that red circle around itself which means it gives extra speed. If that color can be changed to yellow for example, it would be much easier to detect those fruits and be prepared. It mustn't be yellow though, it would be better to be skin customisable or adjustable in game options.
Raging Bull
Well..If you're colorblind why would changing the color help? Maybe changing the fruit itself would be better. (Like some banana or something unique :L)
Topic Starter
energyman_old
Well I am not colorblind for all colors, but bright red is impossible for me to detect. For me yellow would be just good because it would be easy to detect with peripheral vision.
Edit: But really even another fruit would do just fine ;)
MMzz
Or maybe not even a fruit, maybe the osu! symbol. Something that will really STICK OUT.
Sander-Don

MMzz wrote:

Or maybe not even a fruit, maybe the osu! symbol. Something that will really STICK OUT.
something like mike hawk
Shiirn
The red circle around hyperfruits is shown by expanding the size of the fruit.png and red-tinting it. Using this logic, you can have a large "halo" of a custom-skinned fruit using a fuzz of white (that is mostly transparent, but not entirely - 50% works well) while having the fruit-overlay be the solid fruit you want to see. This leads to an extremely large hyperfruit display (my custom skin has one that's RATHER HARD TO MISS, even if you're colorblind) while showing a relatively normal fruit otherwise.

tl;dr clever custom skins can make up for any lack of ability you have otherwise.
MMzz

Sander-Don wrote:

MMzz wrote:

something like mike hawk
This
knjiga
I don't see why some sort of solution shouldn't be implemented. Maybe his idea or something else but this problem should be addressed since there are a lot of color blind people.

It doesn't seem like something hard to implement anyway.
ampzz

energyman wrote:

Well I am not colorblind for all colors, but bright red is impossible for me to detect. For me yellow would be just good because it would be easy to detect with peripheral vision.
Ever tried something simple like, toning down your colour/brightness/contrast settings through your monitor's menu or video card's control panel to achieve a balance that let's you view 'bright red' easier?

Overall it's not that hard to realise that a hyperdash jump is coming up if you track the fruit distancing on the screen properly.
Corin
I was about to say, try a different skin but Shiirn beat me to it.

However a Colorblind mode for osu! would be unique.
TheVileOne
Look what I found buried in Feature Requests.

I'm curious about the possibility of using custom hyperdash glow. Reviving for opinions.
Drafura
Bump.

Would be nice to see this implemented throught skin settings and/or map settings (like combo colors). Also a nice plus would be to be able to change the hyper color during the song (via timing section for example).
Yukiteru Amano
Well, Maybe a colourblind version of the standard skin could be implemented. :) I know LoL has a Colourblind mode!
BlueStarYoshi
well it would be nice to have a diferent color in the hyperdash fuit

like an skinneable element

i support this idea :P
DENKOUSEKKA
A toggle for a colorblind mode would be nice
FrzR
As long as it helps color blind players I'm supporting this :D
Raging Bull
Cool, i posted here two years ago. Also found out im colorblind within those two years. Though i can still see hyperdashes fine.
Drafura
What about just getting better map design? Combo colors are part of the design of the map, why not hyperglow?
Nathanael
I would prefer having these sliderdashes have their own fruit template so its different from the other fruits. No more worries (probably).
If these was vegetables,
I could have suggested this as chilli and let the fruit catcher leave flames on its path before it reaches the next. XD
Drafura
Well the thing is that the red glow sometimes fade with red colored BG. Imo it makes more sense to have the color "skinable" than the fruit itself.
Factorial
Making it beatmap-specific color would be better
Bara-

Nathanael wrote:

If these was vegetables,
I could have suggested this as chilli and let the fruit catcher leave flames on its path before it reaches the next. XD
This would be so freaking cool
Also, the in-this-thread mentioned Colorblind mode would be really cool
Kurokami
For example:

"Fruitglow: 0,200,150"

This can be used in either your personal config file or in the skin's config file. But for personal usage a toggle in Option is also needed.