forum

Why you DON'T need a tablet for osu.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FloofyPeachy

Why I think people don't NEED a tablet for osu.

This is also my personal opinions on this.

Okay, everyone is like, oh, I want a osu tablet so I can get better at the game! But..you don't really need it. I played with a mouse for most of my osu! life, and I got a osu tablet for my birthday. Then I broke it on New Years because I raged. Then I used a mouse again and I was doing just fine.

I mean, after all you use a mouse more than a graphics tablet/drawing tablet, right?

Okay, look, I am a complete idiot, so if I get people a bit angry and stuff, I am sorry. But look at this. There are some players that are really good and use a mouse. Don't like the mouse? Use something else, if you like. Heck, even use touchscreen if that is your thing. Whatever you use, it's fine! Do whatever you are good with. But...if you get a tablet for osu! then you want to try it. Okay, try it and it is good. Think it is good, use it.

This is just my personal opinions on using a graphics/drawing tablet for osu. Plz don't hate on me thx
Sandy Hoey
No one is saying you can't get good with mouse...
Yukitemi

PeachMaster wrote:

Why I think people don't NEED a tablet for osu.

This is also my personal opinions on this.

Okay, everyone is like, oh, I want a osu tablet so I can get better at the game! But..you don't really need it. I played with a mouse for most of my osu! life, and I got a osu tablet for my birthday. Then I broke it on New Years because I raged. Then I used a mouse again and I was doing just fine.

I mean, after all you use a mouse more than a graphics tablet/drawing tablet, right?

Okay, look, I am a complete idiot, so if I get people a bit angry and stuff, I am sorry. But look at this. There are some players that are really good and use a mouse. Don't like the mouse? Use something else, if you like. Heck, even use touchscreen if that is your thing. Whatever you use, it's fine! Do whatever you are good with. But...if you get a tablet for osu! then you want to try it. Okay, try it and it is good. Think it is good, use it.
This is just my personal opinions on using a graphics/drawing tablet for osu. Plz don't hate on me thx
So... you're saying... I don't need a tablet as much as I think I am, but if I think it's good then it's OK I can use it? :3
KupcaH
What is the purpose of this?
Sandy Hoey
Apparently to remind people that they can do whatever they want
ManuelOsuPlayer
Osu tablet is really bad compared to other tablets. You should check a better one before say that.
Tablet it's better for play the game yes or yes.
You don't give any reasson why anyone don't need a tablet.
The only way to rather mouse over tablet it's you don't want to learn how to use a tablet from 0 or you have more fun using mouse.
-Makishima S-
Osu tablet is really bad compared to other tablets. You should check a better one before say that.
osu!tablet = huion 420 which is very accurate and commonly used tablet out of cheap once. It have very good opinion.
Yet again, make some research before you speak.
ManuelOsuPlayer

[Taiga] wrote:

osu!tablet = huion 420 which is very accurate and commonly used tablet out of cheap once. It have very good opinion.
Yet again, make some research before you speak.
Do you test it? And you test other one? I did. Osu tablet was way worst than my friends tablet.
Jukkii
The huion 420 is a very good tablet and it is very commonly used even by top players like Toy if i remember correctly. I also use the huion 420 and it is very good in my opinion, it also has the highest polling rate out of all common tablets used for osu. Only thing people complained about it was the pen, but that has been fixed with the new pen.
Sayorie
>Why you DON'T need a tablet for osu

Sorry but I'm not a fan of alternative facts
Nattsun
Tablet=locket area+no mousedrift

Tablet>mouse

Is a tablet mandatory? Probably not, Angelsim proofed that you can hit #1 with mouse, but he said himself that mouse is worse and you should play with a tablet if you aim high. Since none of us will become the next Cookiezi you can just play the way you enjoy it most...
Blitzfrog
Mouse is harder, by far.

1 due to weight, 2 due to not having absolute positioning, 3 mouse drifting. (Not to be confused with slipping due to sweat, which is a complete different issue again)
Even Angelsim who is widely considered top mouse player admits mouse suck compared to tablet. It's definitely not easier.

Also, I'm pretty sure you've been holding a pencil from a younger age then holding a mouse
Caradine

Blitzfrog wrote:

Also, I'm pretty sure you've been holding a pencil from a younger age then holding a mouse
that's where you're horribly wrong. by like 5 years because i never held a pen before going to school and when i got one, i used the hvick grip
timemon
As someone who just got a new mouse like today, I have made a huge tiny mistake.
ManuelOsuPlayer

timemon wrote:

As someone who just got a new mouse like today, I have made a huge tiny mistake.
You mean rather buy a new mouse than tablet? Or what?
Mouse need more dedication. Can make you a better "mental" player. Since require MORE work than tablet to reach the same level. It's an advantage and a disvantage at same time. It depends how you see it.
Kyrari
As long as you can move the cursor with it, it's usable for osu
Nattsun

Blitzfrog wrote:

Mouse is harder, by far.

1 due to weight, 2 due to not having absolute positioning, 3 mouse drifting. (Not to be confused with slipping due to sweat, which is a complete different issue again)
Even Angelsim who is widely considered top mouse player admits mouse suck compared to tablet. It's definitely not easier.

*not sarcastic clapping*

I have to disagree with the weight, though. Since you don't grab a mouse like a pen and just need some force to move it. My mouse is 86g light, pretty much a lightweight and my Huion 420 pen requires as much force to move as my mouse.

Mouse is still worse...
ManuelOsuPlayer

Cirno9 wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

*not sarcastic clapping*

I have to disagree with the weight, though. Since you don't grab a mouse like a pen and just need some force to move it. My mouse is 86g light, pretty much a lightweight and my Huion 420 pen requires as much force to move as my mouse.

Mouse is still worse...
My mouse is big. I have big hands and i can tell it's hard to move it. My cursor go jumping at really slow patterns. I think it give me more muscle memory or give it to me faster than a pen.
-Makishima S-

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Do you test it? And you test other one? I did. Osu tablet was way worst than my friends tablet.
Yes, i played with Huion 420, played with osu!tablet, I own wacom ctl-480 and honestly - huion and osu!tablet are as good as ctl-480. Only tabet area is a little different and pen weight due battery inside which was my main reason why i went for wacom - very light powerless pen which makes dragging easier for me.

As i said - do some research before you speak. There are top rank players who use either huion or osu!tablet and claim that this tablets are very good.
N0thingSpecial
Yes you don't need a tablet, then again you don't need osu! Then again you don't need anything other than shelter food water and oxygen to survive.

Then again you don't need to live tbh
Fxjlk
You don't need a tablet if you play for fun and not for ranks.
kai99
u w0t m8
i pl4y w1th a trackp4d, 1f th47 15 n0t d0p3 en0ugh u bettr fite me xd
N0thingSpecial

kai99 wrote:

u w0t m8
i pl4y w1th a trackp4d, 1f th47 15 n0t d0p3 en0ugh u bettr fite me xd
play more
Yukitemi

N0thingSpecial wrote:

you don't need to live tbh
I... hm... brb kms.
markii

Sandy Hoey wrote:

exactly, it's like some weird unspoken rule that we all ignore, as if it's some taboo to speak about "mouse players" I think light needs to be shed on this topic. Peppy and the peppilluminati clearly have a deal with wacom/huion they should remove the banner that states "osu! best played with a WACOM or HUION gaming x tablet" and stop making mouse players jump through hoops downloading homebrewed drivers to make mouse work with osu! honestly I'm pretty ashamed of myself and the community for staying quiet so long.
N0thingSpecial
Play mouse cause doomsday is a cutie :3
Kyrari

markii wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

exactly, it's like some weird unspoken rule that we all ignore, as if it's some taboo to speak about "mouse players" I think light needs to be shed on this topic. Peppy and the peppilluminati clearly have a deal with wacom/huion they should remove the banner that states "osu! best played with a WACOM or HUION gaming x tablet" and stop making mouse players jump through hoops downloading homebrewed drivers to make mouse work with osu! honestly I'm pretty ashamed of myself and the community for staying quiet so long.
Yeah the peppilluminati is secretly making a deal by popularizing tablets through osu! so tablet companies would get more customer and thus ppy would make more $$$ and osujets!!!

We need to stand up against this.
Disillusionz

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

You don't need a tablet

Ok

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

if you play for fun and not for ranks.

whoa let's not kid ourselves, true euphoria can only be reached by joining the #tabletmasterrace
show more