Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shunao

Garden wrote:

you didn't change romanized title tho
i can't add "" ""
Kurai
Alright, I checked the metadata by myself since the video you provided in OP is not available anymore.

Here is an official metadata source from the website of the company producing the game: https://whirlpool.co.jp/worldelection/download/

You can see that:
  1. Artist: solfa feat.美郷あき
  2. Title: 「れみぜら!」ShortVer.
Now comes the problem of the English transcription of Japanese script. Especially "「" and "」".
"「" and "」" are called kagikakko in Japanese and they are the Japanese quotation marks. The Japanese decided to adopt those in the 19th century when translation from European languages where getting more and more common, and so were quotation marks. Quotation marks did not exist in Japanese before, and western quotation marks was not adapted to the Japanese script as it can be written both horizontally and vertically. That's why they invented the kagikakko. Long story short, kagikakko should be transcribed to the usual quotation marks of the language you are transcribing to, here it's english so you should use "".

Therefore:
  1. Artist (romanised): solfa feat.Misato Aki
  2. Title (romanised): "Remizera!"ShortVer.
(I checked with IamKwaN, it's better not to put a space in the romanisation if there is none in the original artist, though it won't be DQ'd if you don't since it would follow standard western romanisation rules).
Topic Starter
Shunao
title changed! Thanks IamKwaN and Kurai :p
Kurai
zz
Topic Starter
Shunao

edit: okay, fixed~
pishifat
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this post will be a heart tomorrow
Kin
really? It's not a double post if I post :c
pishifat
:c
Topic Starter
Shunao
\o/
Pachiru
Felicitations :)
domSaur
grats
Irohas
gratz!!
Topic Starter
Shunao
Page 9 ~ lul
Kujinn
Ay grats!
Gaia
First qualify! congrats ^^/
_kotachi_
Congratulations! :)
Eir_DELETED
wow Grats!
Topic Starter
Shunao
Thanks guys!~ lul
Kurai

ShogunMoon wrote:

edit: okay, fixed~
Why is it not fine to have a space after the dot in the artist field but it is fine to have one after the quotation mark in the title even though there is no space after the kagikakko?

Grats anyway!
Topic Starter
Shunao
o/

v
Hikomori
yeah finally aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

gratz!!!
IControl
Hey just some things I noticed with Kin's oni that i thought was weird

00:49:145 (283,284,285,286,287) - aren't these 1/2 notes 00:59:524 (337,338,339,340,341) -

01:30:902 (560) - I think this could be del there's no strong sound here.

01:42:334 - shouldn't this part be similar to this part 00:16:713 - Maybe you're trying to not make it feel like copy and paste but its way to structurally different

Sorry if this gets disqualified :( but the map could be better imo
Kin

IControl wrote:

Hey just some things I noticed with Kin's oni that i thought was weird

00:49:145 (283,284,285,286,287) - aren't these 1/2 notes 00:59:524 (337,338,339,340,341) -
maps would be really boring in taiko if everthing was exactly like the song. You sure have to follow the song, but you have the right to have your own interpretation of the song. Using 5 notes as 1/4 here instead of boring 1/2 3 notes is a way to make transition between different part of the song. And also make a better build up for the next part of the song
01:30:902 (560) - I think this could be del there's no strong sound here.
actually using this note is mostly to emphasize the strong finisher here 01:31:145 (562) - . the k here 01:30:821 (559,561) - have more emphasis with this d 01:30:902 (560) - (because it's the only k on this pattern. So, the k are placed on white tick and red tick aka 1/2 ; and a simple d between them. The d sure does not exist in the song (we're not playing std btw) but is here to emphasis the k, which is here to emphasis the D 01:31:145 (562) -
01:42:334 - shouldn't this part be similar to this part 00:16:713 - Maybe you're trying to not make it feel like copy and paste but its way to structurally different
it'd be boring af if I do the same thing on both part. Structure might be a little different, but the focus is still the same.

Sorry if this gets disqualified :( but the map could be better imo
tho, thanks for your concern!
Xayler
Grats on 1st ranked!
Topic Starter
Shunao

Xayler wrote:

Grats on 1st ranked!
Thanks Xayler!!~ \o/