forum

Angle snapping?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
choppystick
Is angle snapping recommended for standard?
LoliPantsu
Yes, angle snapping is a advanced mechanical technique that will give you an advantage
ManuelOsuPlayer

samuey123 wrote:

Is angle snapping recommended for standard?
At simetrical jumps and confusing patterns where you can't see all the circles or follow points it's recommended.
For example can't defeat airman the hardest horizontal jumps. If you do them without angle it's hard to see the follow points move in the other direction, so you're hidden the next follow point movement under your cursor while you follow the previous follow point. Then your muscle memory will be confused because you don't see the follow points moving.

You can check some top players doing it If you search replays.
I don't think it's usefull on anything else. Maybe to be more aware about cursor positioning, but usually there are better ways.
Anyways i rather flow than snipping, i like to aim by rythm, so you should wait other answers more experienced than mine snapping.
Blitzfrog
Wth is angle snapping
Kyrari

Blitzfrog wrote:

Wth is angle snapping
Think it's some kind of mouse smoothing feature for a mouse? Which sounds REALLY terrible for a game that requires high precision.

Either that or you're asking about snapping from circles to circles without going through a straight line and thus taking an angle.
Yukitemi

VanillaSandvich wrote:

Either that or you're asking about snapping from circles to circles without going through a straight line and thus taking an angle.
Is this actually a thing? But why tho?
Kyrari

Yukitemi wrote:

Is this actually a thing? But why tho?
Probably if you're trying to cursordance? Though I can see it being useful to help hit low bpm jumps, kinda like this maybe https://youtu.be/je0NGLH3YVs?t=2m5s
N0thingSpecial
Don't think it matters that much, then again angle snapping is a turn off for fps games soooo better safe than sorry just pick a mouse with minimal angle snapping

inb4 that's not what he meant by angle snapping
Nattsun

Blitzfrog wrote:

Wth is angle snapping
Some mice have a feature called angle snapping. If you don't move your mouse in a 100% straight line from A to B your mouse driver does it for you. It isn't as accurate as your actual movement so you should disable it if your mouse has a feature like that. Raw input bypasses it anyway, but you should still disable it.
I Give Up
No absolutely not. There is no such thing as a good mouse player that uses angle snapping.