I just wanted to clear up some possible misconceptions and explain myself shortly, No Drama or anything just reiterating some points. Anything I didn't mention either ties into other points or is just fine.
MaridiuS wrote:some feedback on the mod: Please bear in mind that people don't want to go gimmicky if they initially don't show on such patterns such gimmicks. Therefore suggesting wild ways to emphasize the little things will almost never going to work, and you're probably wasting your energy and the mappers. You had good points in few parts, but imo should tone down a bit on wild suggestions. Even though I like new perspectives and such, it feels like a chore needing to explain basics of your map really often, and you should be a bit more selective in pointing out suggestions. Thanks for the mod, I saw effort and i appreciate it, have a nice day.
- first off thanks for the feedback, yet I think there is something worth pointing out about this. There were 2 main reasons why I suggested points like this and also why I suggested so many of them.
1. The map has some more techy wub sections which you even mentioned yourself in the description and so on.
2. this specific pattern which only occurs 1:30 minutes into the song 01:32:875 (1,2,1,2) - 01:38:361 (1,2,1,2) - You mention that you aren't HanzeR and thus I assume you don't intend to use patterns like I suggested, yet they were specifically suggested by me to "also imply early on that later sections might have more complex design" this can also be applied to your jump streams. Because of that I do think that suggestions like the ones I made are not that far off in terms of you putting them in when I made the mod.
Celektus wrote:Sorry to have kept you waiting.
- If I'm not mistake this is the first 1/2 stack in the map so far 01:27:218 (3,4) - which is in case I'm right maybe a bit too unpredictable. Spacing them barely out would make them less unexpected. If that is your intention I would still argue that it's just a bit annoying to sight-read as players expect 1/2 to never be stacked until this point. This comes up again 03:41:275 (2,3) - and this one is not justified by the moment it is in being as special as before and it's even later than before so consider spacing these out. never seen anybody failing that, so keeping. I want it to have as little as intensity possible, stacking them would be lame.
I suggested spacing them out and not stacking them. I these are kind of fine in retrospect because of the difference in section, yet implementing them early on would make 'em more predictable. I apologize for not wording correctly, I thought that stacking would be lame, and spacing them out to not touch is not something i want to do for vocals without background music backing them out.
- removing 1 reverse might be more fitting 02:25:161 (7) - since it's landing on a blue tick which is a bit less intuitive to release on... and overall 1/4 gaps after buzz sliders can be a bit annoying. 1/4 gap is completely enough, you want it on 1/8 timing or what?
I suggested to remove 1 reverse not add one. Aka this not this that's even more unusual, blue tick is the hotspot, check all ranked maps, nobody releases it before the blue tick.
- I don't get why this is a slider? 03:09:218 (11) - ugh 02:41:790 (10) - ? hello?
hi. 02:41:790 (10) -has a Vocal on the slider 03:09:218 (11) -has not thus I assumed that was supposed to represent the Vocal while the other doesn't. Also I don't see a reason in putting a slider there just for consistency if it represents nothing and isn't needed for leniency shenanigans. consistency is a nice thing to have. And it follows the strongest beat, since the next 1/4 isn't really audible, and this is the peek, i made it a kickslider.
that's all hope it isn't too much, gl with the map~