also maybe i missed commenting something to, you included few completely different things in one, will talk in pm I guess. Also thanks for the in depth analysis.
N0thingSpecial wrote:I'm gonna mod the intro of the song which I think is enough to show the concerns I have regarding the whole map, and I'm going to focus on aesthetics
00:02:533 (9,10,3,4) - really odd angles to structure these sliders, I'm guessing you thought creating symmetry with 00:02:704 (10,4) - would justify the pattern? which is a pretty weak justification. on a bigger picture I have one problem with this entire section is that things are connected very loosely together in terms of aesthetics, your main thing is parallel sliders in the same measure, but you need more justification in terms of spacing, overlaps and angles, if you want to represent to repetitiveness of the song then glorify it like how you did in the later part with stacking parallel sliders(the one I linked just below) hmm i think that's interesting, I agree that my aesthetics on the first part could use more work, I will consider remapping, but i personally think they're not on a bad level, just something on average, will see if i can come up with even better looks.
00:05:618 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5) - I'm talking about this part cute part
00:02:190 (7,9) - they are not parallel and it's very noticeable, is it intentional? okay that seems accidental
00:04:761 (5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this stream in idea is good, but it could be better by having 00:04:933 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 00:04:761 (5,6,1) - look more different , just having difference between straight stream and curve stream in my opinion is not enough, the contrast needs to be bigger, try stacking 00:04:761 (5,6,1) - more close together, just like how you did 00:27:218 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - will remap the stream, maybe even remove the jumpsteram, taking your suggestions in consideration
00:09:904 (3,1) - 00:16:247 (10,2) - avoid slight overlaps like this, looks untidy Seriously in gameplay they don't feel untidy, and they're stacked on a previous stream part which is an okay spot.
00:12:133 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - ok this entire jump section looks unorganized, reason being:
1) 00:11:275 (2,3,4,5) - 00:12:647 (2,3,4,5) - have triplets pointing perfectly at the note after, 00:14:018 (2,3,4,5) - this however doesn't I seriously don't want to make robot pefect copy pasted patterns, such imperfections give a little bit of charm don't they?
2) unrelated to aesthetics but 00:12:047 - you need to fill in this to make tapping more intuitive, BUT this is also an opportunity to fix 00:11:790 (6,7) - this oddly angled double, make another pair of doubles and make a symmetry or parallel pattern with it, 00:11:790 (6,7) - this at the moment feels out of place I will put on a testdifficulty with those mapped, I'll see how i like them.
3) with how you angle each triplet/doubles there's very little logic in it, like there's so many inconsistency, 00:11:275 (2,3,4,6,7) - this is different with how you angle 00:12:647 (2,3,4,6,7) -, you can angle it differently but provide a stronger and more obvious pattern.
I still have questions like why would you include a 10 degree angle pattern 00:12:647 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - but then include 00:14:533 (6,7) - which doesn't fit in a 10 degree angle pattern or any other pattern? I was concerned about flow, and this are not sliders so I don't think they necessarily have to follow rules such as same tilt or planned rotation that sliders flow. I find the minor tilt coming from the previous note interesting: 00:14:361 (5) -
to 00:14:533 (6,7) -
why would you include a circular pattern 00:15:390 (2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10) - when all other triplets and doubles are outward expanding pattern 00:12:647 (2,3,4,6,7) - 00:11:275 (2,3,4,6,7) - ehm, circular pattern?
one thing to take from the intro is that your structure is inconsistent with how the music changes, for example 00:16:590 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - is a hexagonal pattern which was never suggested in the intro despite this build up and the intro sound extremely similar, in which I would've expected the jumps would consist of 12s going in geometric angles, variety is a good thing but only if the music suggest so. Through out the map i mapped jumps which follow strong kicks in a similar way, using patterns which obviously reserve a space for other circles. I made an exception later in the map 04:39:904 - , where I interpreted as much more chaotic because the music is chaotic there.
- make pattern more bold and obvious when it's trying to make a section of the music stand out I always try to tbh
- be more thoughtful when it comes to angles and how it compliment a bigger pattern, whether it's a geometry pattern, rotating pattern, symmetry pattern ,fan pattern etc... I think I understand where you're coming from, once I get to it, I'll see if i can remap the part a bit to have it more symmetrical stuff, whilst also preserving the flow that I'm currently on to.
I will continue tomorrow with another wall of text on the wub part, also pm me if there's anything you don't understand hype, wub part critics!