Masayoshi Minoshima feat.nomico - Lost Emotion (Amane UK Har

posted
Total Posts
90
show more
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

wkdalstn29 wrote:

hi m4m from modreq(i use google translate)

00:11:790 (6,7) - Make it a short slider. stack is better, as it has a strong head and tail.
00:20:704 - spinner please Doesn't fit imo.
00:41:875 (8,1) - Connect.
01:11:361 (6,1) - ^
01:23:104 (5) - NC
01:25:418 (4,1,4,1,4,1) - connect
01:29:875 (4,5) - ^
01:32:875 (4,5,6,7) - use Ctrl+Shift+F
01:40:847 (4,5) - connect
01:43:847 (4,5,6,7) - ^^
02:11:018 (5,6,7,8) - dont ovarlap
02:33:475 (3,4) - Attach to the end of the slider. that's terrible
02:35:790 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - use Ctrl+Shift+F
02:37:161 (3,4,5) - ^
02:41:275 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - ^^
02:46:761 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - ^^^
02:52:247 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - ^^^^
02:57:904 (3,4,5,6) - This is really a lot of things, it seems distracting.
03:05:875 (5,6,7,8) - Connect naturally.
03:17:618 - break time please 03:17:618 - 03:28:590 - that would make the map shorter than 5 minutes drain time
03:57:304 (8,1) - connect
03:57:990 (8,1) - ^
Why do not you connect Circle
04:20:961 (4,1,4,1,4,1) - ^^^
04:41:790 (2) - move left This was done intentionally, as the section is more chaotic than usual kicks.
04:43:247 (8,1) - connect
Please add a lot of sound.

m4m my map please
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/616706
good luck
Have you ever seen a stream jump? I want to be like that to emphasize certain sounds, I don't want to "connect them".
all denied
Pawlyk here
IRC M4M here (it was nice to talk with you ;3)
16:03 Pawlyk here: i hope i'll be of use to you
16:04 Pawlyk here: 00:11:618 (5,6,7) - maybe those ones should be more like in a straight line?
16:04 *Pawlyk here is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1304748 Masayoshi Minoshima - Lost Emotion (Amane UK Hardcore Remix) [Dance]]
16:06 MaridiuS: mm not really necessary
16:06 MaridiuS: i like the small movement it provides
16:06 MaridiuS: brb eat
16:06 Pawlyk here: oke
16:18 MaridiuS: mm im kinda here
16:19 Pawlyk here: oke
16:19 Pawlyk here: trying to sort my thoughts
16:19 Pawlyk here: my mod probably won't be as complex as yours
16:20 Pawlyk here: i guess things i point out are pretty subjective
16:20 Pawlyk here: but i believe i'll help somehow
16:20 MaridiuS: sure
16:20 MaridiuS: point out subjective things
16:20 Pawlyk here: 00:27:218 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3) - this one feels werid for me
16:21 Pawlyk here: that stop doesnt feel right for me
16:23 MaridiuS: o shit
16:23 MaridiuS: think that i fked up
16:23 MaridiuS: ok i know how i will fix it
16:23 MaridiuS: problem is placement of 00:26:875 (5) -
16:24 MaridiuS: it doesnt follow the sections usual placement
16:24 Pawlyk here: hmmm
16:24 Pawlyk here: xD
16:25 Pawlyk here: 00:38:190 (3,4,5,6,1) - maybe i would place that higher
16:26 Pawlyk here: but then you'd need to fix 00:38:533 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - jumps
16:26 MaridiuS: think the placement is perfect
16:26 Pawlyk here: you know
16:26 MaridiuS: why would you want to place it higher?
16:27 Pawlyk here: lemme think
16:27 MaridiuS: oki im afk for a sec too now, think of things
16:27 MaridiuS: dont force yourself too much.
16:27 Pawlyk here: xD
16:28 Pawlyk here: well
16:28 Pawlyk here: 00:37:161 (1,2,1,2) - those make the momentum lower
16:28 Pawlyk here: and then 00:37:848 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - like higher
16:29 Pawlyk here: it plays fine the way it is now
16:29 Pawlyk here: but i guess it would be nice to place it higher
16:32 Pawlyk here: it might feel more natural
16:34 Pawlyk here: 00:50:704 (1) - maybe make is 3/4 (i like 3/4 sliders)?
16:34 Pawlyk here: and the similar like 00:52:075 (1) -
16:34 Pawlyk here: and so on
16:36 Pawlyk here: as you know, there is no sound at white ticks there
16:38 Pawlyk here: maybe lower the distance 01:25:161 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - a bit here?
16:38 MaridiuS: hm i might make em 3/4
16:39 MaridiuS: k lowered a bit
16:40 Pawlyk here: that wuub section =w=\
16:41 MaridiuS: ye
16:44 Pawlyk here: i would make 01:26:875 (2) - that 3/4 aswell (cuz why not)
16:46 MaridiuS: I don't like using that much 3/4
16:46 MaridiuS: and want to make it as much lightweight as possible as there are is no bg there
16:49 Pawlyk here: how about making a kickslider 02:11:275 (8) - here?
16:50 Pawlyk here: maybe it wouldn't hurt to stack 02:11:790 (1) - with 02:10:418 (2) -
16:51 MaridiuS: no point
16:51 MaridiuS: and i wouldn't make it a kickslider
16:51 MaridiuS: as i want it to have same feeling as previous 2 circles
16:53 Pawlyk here: your choice, you've got many things justified i see ;3
16:53 Pawlyk here: 02:30:990 (3) - a circle here?
16:54 MaridiuS: that part isnt a kick or a clap
16:54 MaridiuS: i prefer starting the spinner from that as the wowoorurourouroum starts from there
16:55 Pawlyk here: hmmm
16:55 Pawlyk here: brb
17:09 Pawlyk here: but i really think you should add a circle there, then the spinner would start at blue tick
17:09 Pawlyk here: but well, your choice
17:10 Pawlyk here: 02:54:990 (3,4) - how about separating those two?
17:11 MaridiuS: didnt like it
17:11 MaridiuS: just tried
17:12 Pawlyk here: i really like those sliders 03:17:618 -
17:12 MaridiuS: made with love =w=
17:14 Pawlyk here: 03:56:704 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - maybe lower the distance a little bit, so the next jump would be like more ephasized
17:15 MaridiuS: what distance
17:15 Pawlyk here: you know, that jump
17:15 Pawlyk here: 03:57:304 (8,1) - between those
17:16 MaridiuS: 03:57:304 (8,1) -
17:16 MaridiuS: ?
17:16 Pawlyk here: yup
17:16 MaridiuS: 03:57:304 (8,1) - this jump is less emphasized
17:16 MaridiuS: by having linear flow to it
17:16 MaridiuS: very simple to land
17:17 MaridiuS: 03:57:990 (8,1) - this one is even bigger, but it goes downwards,
17:17 MaridiuS: not circular
17:17 Pawlyk here: yea i see
17:17 Pawlyk here: sry xD
17:32 Pawlyk here: maybe you should think about 02:59:533 (5) - placing a circle here and starting a slider 03:00:133 (2) - here, as there is a beat here that is important in my opinion
17:33 Pawlyk here: well, i thought i would find more things tbh
17:34 MaridiuS: nah its better to be a slider and a wub
17:34 MaridiuS: the wubs are slow
17:34 MaridiuS: on 03:00:133 (2,3,4,5) - they have same sounds so its perfect to be a stream.
17:35 Pawlyk here: whopsie
17:35 Pawlyk here: didnt mean to link that one
17:35 Pawlyk here: xd
17:35 Pawlyk here: i meant 02:59:618 -
17:35 Pawlyk here: there is a beat here
17:35 MaridiuS: oh that
17:36 MaridiuS: uh basically i want to follow the wub
17:36 MaridiuS: if i start the slider on the kick
17:36 MaridiuS: it wouldn't feel wubby ;d
17:37 MaridiuS: its simply the section i want every wub to have a slow slider
17:37 MaridiuS: so that there is contrast when the real shit starts
17:37 Pawlyk here: tbh i dont see an issue with a triplet being there ;x
17:37 Pawlyk here: but your choice
17:38 MaridiuS: its a viable option but i think it plays now better
17:38 MaridiuS: will see if there are more complaints
17:42 Pawlyk here: well, i guess that's all i can think of for now
17:43 Pawlyk here: i hope i helped somehow
17:43 Pawlyk here: ;x


Really like the song. Good luck!
Faputa
Greetings from #modreqs
Highlighted red are either some minor and ignorable suggestions, or controversial ones.

00:26:875 (5) - new combo it.
02:46:900 (7,8) - Gap between the two circles is not the same as 02:41:533 (7,8) OCD
03:01:847 (3,4) - Suggest applying hitsound
03:03:218 (3,4) - ^
03:04:590 (3,4) - ^
Discovered that most of the hitsounds haven't implemented. You should work on it
03:17:618 (1) - does this slider look odd?
03:28:590 (1) - Suggest tweaking the time of curve sections to fit some background music (example: 03:31:033 switch to 03:30:990.)
04:14:533 (6) - New combo here to match 04:17:275
04:22:075 - Suggest adding a spinner.


That's all I can offer. Your map has already been pretty well, but be careful about the style of sliders. It is crucial to keep them the same style. (Like the 'tick' shaped slider, but I can't remember where it is)
Please M4M my maps if you have time. Lightmods are certainly welcome!
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

jack1817 wrote:

Greetings from #modreqs
Highlighted red are either some minor and ignorable suggestions, or controversial ones.

00:26:875 (5) - new combo it. applied
02:46:900 (7,8) - Gap between the two circles is not the same as 02:41:533 (7,8) OCD does it even matter lol
03:01:847 (3,4) - Suggest applying hitsound literally in description that i need to hitsound the map
03:03:218 (3,4) - ^
03:04:590 (3,4) - ^
Discovered that most of the hitsounds haven't implemented. You should work on it
03:17:618 (1) - does this slider look odd? like isn't the slider beautiful, i always get compliments on it
03:28:590 (1) - Suggest tweaking the time of curve sections to fit some background music (example: 03:31:033 switch to 03:30:990.)
04:14:533 (6) - New combo here to match 04:17:275 04:17:275 (1) - is obviously the only NC as it emphasizes change in music
04:22:075 - Suggest adding a spinner. don't like it


That's all I can offer. Your map has already been pretty well, but be careful about the style of sliders. It is crucial to keep them the same style. (Like the 'tick' shaped slider, but I can't remember where it is)
Please M4M my maps if you have time. Lightmods are certainly welcome!
I might drop a mod a bit later, but in the future please make deal with the guy for m4m's rather then putting a mod from modreqs and asking for a mod. And also when you're modding, try to suggest some rhythm changes, or flow suggestions (mostly rhythm), focus on that more as it may ACTUALLY help the mapper.
Catshy
Hi! M4M from my queue c:

Dance

  1. 00:10:247 (5) - not perfectly stacked
  2. 00:42:647 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - aligning them would make this pattern better
  3. 00:48:818 (4,2) - stack those two
  4. 00:54:304 (4) - I think you should keep the rhythm consistent with 00:52:933 (4,5) - so change either of them
  5. 00:57:047 (1) - add an emphasis on this note; making the spacing between possible placement
  6. 00:59:790 (1) - you should emphasize this as well; stacking with 00:58:933 (8) - might be a good idea
  7. 01:16:418 (7) - the sliderend goes off-screen by 1px (ctrl+G it for check); simply move it down
  8. 01:18:475 (1,2,3) - I think stacking those would be better both in aesthetic and playability matter
  9. 02:12:133 (2) - moving this to the right would make it flow better
  10. 02:33:733 - I don't want to sound rude, but you should consider remapping kiai part as you don't use full potential of it
  11. 03:50:533 - instead of making a build up, you've made it consistent which is kind of shame imo; try using spacing rising through time
  12. 03:57:390 - with the way you made curves of streams before I'd expect it going up earlier rather than having slight moment of linear movement
  13. 04:03:904 (8,3) - stack those two
  14. 04:21:304 (4,1) - this makes the player move against the flow to hit (1) and then, turn once again to follow the stream; kinda unpleasant to play
  15. 04:50:790 (4,1) - judging by the spacing here I expected 1/4 gap between those notes; wasnt there
  16. 05:05:018 (2,3) - move the stream so that those two stack (bonus points for stacking 05:05:875 (4) - with 05:05:190 (4) - )
  17. 05:05:961 - I find lack of sliderart/spinner here disturbing :/

Pretty cool, take a star
Good luck c:
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

Catshy wrote:

Hi! M4M from my queue c:

Dance

  1. 00:10:247 (5) - not perfectly stacked mmmmmmmmmm
  2. 00:42:647 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - aligning them would make this pattern better yes a bit
  3. 00:48:818 (4,2) - stack those two make me
  4. 00:54:304 (4) - I think you should keep the rhythm consistent with 00:52:933 (4,5) - so change either of them I want the rhythm to have some diversity, and plus right here, you will get more space for next section, which is how i've interpreted the music.
  5. 00:57:047 (1) - add an emphasis on this note; making the spacing between possible placement applied
  6. 00:59:790 (1) - you should emphasize this as well; stacking with 00:58:933 (8) - might be a good idea applied
  7. 01:16:418 (7) - the sliderend goes off-screen by 1px (ctrl+G it for check); simply move it down simple
  8. 01:18:475 (1,2,3) - I think stacking those would be better both in aesthetic and playability matter i really like the flow currently, no the usual one, but is fun, i don't want to be stacking intense snares
  9. 02:12:133 (2) - moving this to the right would make it flow better flow on 1/1 timing lul
  10. 02:33:733 - I don't want to sound rude, but you should consider remapping kiai part as you don't use full potential of it thats rude,
    but we talked over in chat
  11. 03:50:533 - instead of making a build up, you've made it consistent which is kind of shame imo; try using spacing rising through time mm i didn't really hear any pitch going higher to make it a buildup, 03:54:818 - i've found the following 7 notes to be the most intense so i emphasized them
  12. 03:57:390 - with the way you made curves of streams before I'd expect it going up earlier rather than having slight moment of linear movement stream is perf
  13. 04:03:904 (8,3) - stack those two fine mother
  14. 04:21:304 (4,1) - this makes the player move against the flow to hit (1) and then, turn once again to follow the stream; kinda unpleasant to play smoothed up the angle a bit
  15. 04:50:790 (4,1) - judging by the spacing here I expected 1/4 gap between those notes; wasnt there it is 1/4 wew
  16. 05:05:018 (2,3) - move the stream so that those two stack (bonus points for stacking 05:05:875 (4) - with 05:05:190 (4) - ) i tried but i would rather take flow over than aesthetics
  17. 05:05:961 - I find lack of sliderart/spinner here disturbing :/ ugh i'll think bout it.

Pretty cool, take a star
Good luck c:
yey a mod, thank you <3
Winnie
[Dance]
[notice] 00:05:275 (1,2,3,4) - Feels too extended and forces 00:05:618 (1,2,3) - Would've been easier if that stream was 2 1/4 sliders. So it doesn't make continuation strange
00:07:675 (7) - No reason for a slider like this, it breaks the flow pattern you already created with sliders other than 1/2, because most of your 1/2 is followed by a gap a change in rhythm makes playing awkward, it'll not be consistent to your other sliders
00:11:361 (3) - The hitsound pattern with in between claps makes this part seem very bad as a hitsound profile especially with the rhythm you make it feels like a taiko map more than std http://puu.sh/w9kwG/be8d11b5ac.jpg Just creates awkward pausing and spacing makes them play poorly
Explain to me whey these don't have notes to create a double pattern? 00:12:047 - 00:13:418 - 00:14:790 - If you can explain how they play better without the doubles I'll be impressed you can ask any player after me about this
00:16:590 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2) - Feels just the same when the music is gradual. Wouldn't make sense to feel like you're repeating yourself until after this section.
00:24:133 (1,2,1,2) - Not much of a clear indication that these back and forth pattern needs to be that or spaced this way. If you say the electronic sound is what you decided to choose then it wouldn't be consistent because most of the time the same sound repeats itself electronically.
00:29:619 (1,2,1,2) - This makes sense because it follows something different
00:45:218 (3) - Has emphasis on her vocals but small spacing
00:47:961 (3) - Same here inconsistent with 00:47:275 (4) -
00:54:990 (1,2,3,4) - Feels overly spaced, seems calm but uses a huge spacing range outlier 00:56:190 (7) -
Couldn't really find much, the map is sort of the same. Definitely ask someone about the wub part or the kiai of the map mean. Seems Ok but my intuition tells me otherwise can't really explain it.
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

Kocari wrote:

[Dance]
[notice] 00:05:275 (1,2,3,4) - Feels too extended and forces 00:05:618 (1,2,3) - Would've been easier if that stream was 2 1/4 sliders. So it doesn't make continuation strange hmmm maybe i've overehmphasized that part, I'll probably nerf it
00:07:675 (7) - No reason for a slider like this, it breaks the flow pattern you already created with sliders other than 1/2, because most of your 1/2 is followed by a gap a change in rhythm makes playing awkward, it'll not be consistent to your other sliders I actually really like those 1/2 sliders, they add another pattern in the section freshing it up a little, the spacing and patterning after the 1/2 is intuitive and I didn't see people struggling there
00:11:361 (3) - The hitsound pattern with in between claps makes this part seem very bad as a hitsound profile especially with the rhythm you make it feels like a taiko map more than std http://puu.sh/w9kwG/be8d11b5ac.jpg Just creates awkward pausing and spacing makes them play poorly not sure why is it wrong to hitsound snares with claps tbh
Explain to me whey these don't have notes to create a double pattern? 00:12:047 - 00:13:418 - 00:14:790 - If you can explain how they play better without the doubles I'll be impressed you can ask any player after me about this Actually, I will make use of them and tell you later.
00:16:590 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2) - Feels just the same when the music is gradual. Wouldn't make sense to feel like you're repeating yourself until after this section. maybe i didn't understand you well, but starting from 00:17:961 - the musics pitch in the background is getting exponentially louder which suggests increase in spacing over time
00:24:133 (1,2,1,2) - Not much of a clear indication that these back and forth pattern needs to be that or spaced this way. If you say the electronic sound is what you decided to choose then it wouldn't be consistent because most of the time the same sound repeats itself electronically. I don't think that it repeats itself, never heard 4 in a row 1/2 electronic sound which i didn't map with 4 circles it adds something interesting in the section, don't think that they're any issue
00:29:619 (1,2,1,2) - This makes sense because it follows something different
00:45:218 (3) - Has emphasis on her vocals but small spacing mm yes it does but the sole fact how the slider plays is weird, really like the diversity, and i don't think emphasizing every vocal with spacing is necessary in the section.
00:47:961 (3) - Same here inconsistent with 00:47:275 (4) -
00:54:990 (1,2,3,4) - Feels overly spaced, seems calm but uses a huge spacing range outlier 00:56:190 (7) - outlier? but imma nerf it.
Couldn't really find much, the map is sort of the same. Definitely ask someone about the wub part or the kiai of the map mean. Seems Ok but my intuition tells me otherwise can't really explain it. i'll see what i can do, is it rhythmically flawed, aesthetics or flow?
thanks for the mod.
RVMathew
Hi there. A NM request turned m4m from your queue. Not that I mind though; I get modding practice from this.

Note that I am rusty in terms of modding.

General
1) Combo colours. I will suggest you 3 colours. I just tried to match the colours on the character in the bg.
Combo 1: (188,43,219)
Combo 2: (218,7,102)
Combo 3: (0,119,119)

2) 04:58:246 (4) - object's end not snapped (according to AI mod)

3) 00:31:675 I think that adding kiai time is not necessary, because the song does not feel as energetic compared to other parts of the song.

The difficulty itself
First off AR9.4 is way too fast for me and it was a damn challenge. However it was cool. There are some parts that can be refined though.

1) 01:25:161 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - The music in this stream section is the same, so why are each of the notes a different spacing? Keep the jumpstream but make 01:25:504 (1,2,3,4), 01:25:847 (1,2,3,4) and 01:26:190 (1,2,3) - the same distance, because there is no obvious change in the song that warrants such diffent distances.

2) 01:43:847 (4,5,6,7,8) - Pattern is cool (but not fair to me because it was hard to hit.)

3) 01:58:075 (1,2,3,4,5) - The curve on slider 5 feels a bit unnatural to me because the shape seems to jut out weirdly. Try shifting the slider 2 pixels to the right, and then curve the slider so it looks a bit like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8251563

4) 02:11:018 (5,6,7,8) - When playing this the first time, it felt really hard to play visually I was expecting a triple and I got 4 notes instead. I was thinking of removing the stack between 5 and 6. Applies to 03:05:875 (5,6,7,8) as well.

5) 02:17:275 (1,2,3) and 02:20:018 (2,3,4) - I like how you made part of the last slider pefectly stack with the first slider.

6) 02:42:990 (5,6,7) - Remove the curvature because I don't think it looks nice. Make them straight please.

7) 04:38:533 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The star pattern really looks weird. If you want to make a perfect star, use the polygon tool (ctrl+shift+d) to achieve it.

There was not really a lot I could find in this mod, because I could not really play the map well, and a lot of stuff is done right.
Good luck,

RVMathew
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

RVMathew wrote:

Hi there. A NM request turned m4m from your queue. Not that I mind though; I get modding practice from this.

Note that I am rusty in terms of modding.

General
1) Combo colours. I will suggest you 3 colours. I just tried to match the colours on the character in the bg.
Combo 1: (188,43,219)
Combo 2: (218,7,102)
Combo 3: (0,119,119)

2) 04:58:246 (4) - object's end not snapped (according to AI mod) so i tried snapping it and what the actual fuck http://i.imgur.com/5RfH8oj.jpg

3) 00:31:675 I think that adding kiai time is not necessary, because the song does not feel as energetic compared to other parts of the song. i think its a bit subjective but the buildup from the previous section gives us this section, with all beats sounding like the strongest in the previous section, a bit hard to explain but it feels really dominant to me

The difficulty itself
First off AR9.4 is way too fast for me and it was a damn challenge. However it was cool. There are some parts that can be refined though.

1) 01:25:161 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - The music in this stream section is the same, so why are each of the notes a different spacing? Keep the jumpstream but make 01:25:504 (1,2,3,4), 01:25:847 (1,2,3,4) and 01:26:190 (1,2,3) - the same distance, because there is no obvious change in the song that warrants such diffent distances. They are not obvious but they do exist, I felt like it should be a anti-buildup, is more fun like it, since if i make it all same distance it will be like other kick streams

2) 01:43:847 (4,5,6,7,8) - Pattern is cool (but not fair to me because it was hard to hit.) ;p

3) 01:58:075 (1,2,3,4,5) - The curve on slider 5 feels a bit unnatural to me because the shape seems to jut out weirdly. Try shifting the slider 2 pixels to the right, and then curve the slider so it looks a bit like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8251563 I did some rotation, seems good now.

4) 02:11:018 (5,6,7,8) - When playing this the first time, it felt really hard to play visually I was expecting a triple and I got 4 notes instead. I was thinking of removing the stack between 5 and 6. Applies to 03:05:875 (5,6,7,8) as well. I think this is more your playing inexperience, patterns that stack the first note happen not so rarely. Being it like this i fully emphasize the following 3 hits, and keep 02:11:018 (5) - (which is on blue tick) same as 02:10:675 (3) -

5) 02:17:275 (1,2,3) and 02:20:018 (2,3,4) - I like how you made part of the last slider pefectly stack with the first slider. you gotta think of something interesting on slow sections to not make em so boring.

6) 02:42:990 (5,6,7) - Remove the curvature because I don't think it looks nice. Make them straight please. i made it more curved instead lul

7) 04:38:533 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The star pattern really looks weird. If you want to make a perfect star, use the polygon tool (ctrl+shift+d) to achieve it. mm guess weird patterns arent good, i fixd it

There was not really a lot I could find in this mod, because I could not really play the map well, and a lot of stuff is done right.
Good luck,

RVMathew
thanks for mod.
N0thingSpecial
I'm gonna mod the intro of the song which I think is enough to show the concerns I have regarding the whole map, and I'm going to focus on aesthetics

00:02:533 (9,10,3,4) - really odd angles to structure these sliders, I'm guessing you thought creating symmetry with 00:02:704 (10,4) - would justify the pattern? which is a pretty weak justification. on a bigger picture I have one problem with this entire section is that things are connected very loosely together in terms of aesthetics, your main thing is parallel sliders in the same measure, but you need more justification in terms of spacing, overlaps and angles, if you want to represent to repetitiveness of the song then glorify it like how you did in the later part with stacking parallel sliders(the one I linked just below)

00:05:618 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5) - I'm talking about this part

00:02:190 (7,9) - they are not parallel and it's very noticeable, is it intentional?

00:04:761 (5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this stream in idea is good, but it could be better by having 00:04:933 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 00:04:761 (5,6,1) - look more different , just having difference between straight stream and curve stream in my opinion is not enough, the contrast needs to be bigger, try stacking 00:04:761 (5,6,1) - more close together, just like how you did 00:27:218 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) -

00:09:904 (3,1) - 00:16:247 (10,2) - avoid slight overlaps like this, looks untidy

00:12:133 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - ok this entire jump section looks unorganized, reason being:

1) 00:11:275 (2,3,4,5) - 00:12:647 (2,3,4,5) - have triplets pointing perfectly at the note after, 00:14:018 (2,3,4,5) - this however doesn't

2) unrelated to aesthetics but 00:12:047 - you need to fill in this to make tapping more intuitive, BUT this is also an opportunity to fix 00:11:790 (6,7) - this oddly angled double, make another pair of doubles and make a symmetry or parallel pattern with it, 00:11:790 (6,7) - this at the moment feels out of place

3) with how you angle each triplet/doubles there's very little logic in it, like there's so many inconsistency, 00:11:275 (2,3,4,6,7) - this is different with how you angle 00:12:647 (2,3,4,6,7) -, you can angle it differently but provide a stronger and more obvious pattern.
I still have questions like why would you include a 10 degree angle pattern 00:12:647 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - but then include 00:14:533 (6,7) - which doesn't fit in a 10 degree angle pattern or any other pattern?
why would you include a circular pattern 00:15:390 (2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10) - when all other triplets and doubles are outward expanding pattern 00:12:647 (2,3,4,6,7) - 00:11:275 (2,3,4,6,7) -

one thing to take from the intro is that your structure is inconsistent with how the music changes, for example 00:16:590 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - is a hexagonal pattern which was never suggested in the intro despite this build up and the intro sound extremely similar, in which I would've expected the jumps would consist of 12s going in geometric angles, variety is a good thing but only if the music suggest so.

Summary
- make pattern more bold and obvious when it's trying to make a section of the music stand out
- be more thoughtful when it comes to angles and how it compliment a bigger pattern, whether it's a geometry pattern, rotating pattern, symmetry pattern ,fan pattern etc...

I will continue tomorrow with another wall of text on the wub part, also pm me if there's anything you don't understand
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I'm gonna mod the intro of the song which I think is enough to show the concerns I have regarding the whole map, and I'm going to focus on aesthetics

00:02:533 (9,10,3,4) - really odd angles to structure these sliders, I'm guessing you thought creating symmetry with 00:02:704 (10,4) - would justify the pattern? which is a pretty weak justification. on a bigger picture I have one problem with this entire section is that things are connected very loosely together in terms of aesthetics, your main thing is parallel sliders in the same measure, but you need more justification in terms of spacing, overlaps and angles, if you want to represent to repetitiveness of the song then glorify it like how you did in the later part with stacking parallel sliders(the one I linked just below) hmm i think that's interesting, I agree that my aesthetics on the first part could use more work, I will consider remapping, but i personally think they're not on a bad level, just something on average, will see if i can come up with even better looks.

00:05:618 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5) - I'm talking about this part cute part

00:02:190 (7,9) - they are not parallel and it's very noticeable, is it intentional? okay that seems accidental

00:04:761 (5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this stream in idea is good, but it could be better by having 00:04:933 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 00:04:761 (5,6,1) - look more different , just having difference between straight stream and curve stream in my opinion is not enough, the contrast needs to be bigger, try stacking 00:04:761 (5,6,1) - more close together, just like how you did 00:27:218 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - will remap the stream, maybe even remove the jumpsteram, taking your suggestions in consideration

00:09:904 (3,1) - 00:16:247 (10,2) - avoid slight overlaps like this, looks untidy Seriously in gameplay they don't feel untidy, and they're stacked on a previous stream part which is an okay spot.

00:12:133 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - ok this entire jump section looks unorganized, reason being:

1) 00:11:275 (2,3,4,5) - 00:12:647 (2,3,4,5) - have triplets pointing perfectly at the note after, 00:14:018 (2,3,4,5) - this however doesn't I seriously don't want to make robot pefect copy pasted patterns, such imperfections give a little bit of charm don't they?

2) unrelated to aesthetics but 00:12:047 - you need to fill in this to make tapping more intuitive, BUT this is also an opportunity to fix 00:11:790 (6,7) - this oddly angled double, make another pair of doubles and make a symmetry or parallel pattern with it, 00:11:790 (6,7) - this at the moment feels out of place I will put on a testdifficulty with those mapped, I'll see how i like them.

3) with how you angle each triplet/doubles there's very little logic in it, like there's so many inconsistency, 00:11:275 (2,3,4,6,7) - this is different with how you angle 00:12:647 (2,3,4,6,7) -, you can angle it differently but provide a stronger and more obvious pattern.
I still have questions like why would you include a 10 degree angle pattern 00:12:647 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - but then include 00:14:533 (6,7) - which doesn't fit in a 10 degree angle pattern or any other pattern? I was concerned about flow, and this are not sliders so I don't think they necessarily have to follow rules such as same tilt or planned rotation that sliders flow. I find the minor tilt coming from the previous note interesting: 00:14:361 (5) -
to 00:14:533 (6,7) -

why would you include a circular pattern 00:15:390 (2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10) - when all other triplets and doubles are outward expanding pattern 00:12:647 (2,3,4,6,7) - 00:11:275 (2,3,4,6,7) - ehm, circular pattern?

one thing to take from the intro is that your structure is inconsistent with how the music changes, for example 00:16:590 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - is a hexagonal pattern which was never suggested in the intro despite this build up and the intro sound extremely similar, in which I would've expected the jumps would consist of 12s going in geometric angles, variety is a good thing but only if the music suggest so. Through out the map i mapped jumps which follow strong kicks in a similar way, using patterns which obviously reserve a space for other circles. I made an exception later in the map 04:39:904 - , where I interpreted as much more chaotic because the music is chaotic there.

Summary
- make pattern more bold and obvious when it's trying to make a section of the music stand out I always try to tbh
- be more thoughtful when it comes to angles and how it compliment a bigger pattern, whether it's a geometry pattern, rotating pattern, symmetry pattern ,fan pattern etc... I think I understand where you're coming from, once I get to it, I'll see if i can remap the part a bit to have it more symmetrical stuff, whilst also preserving the flow that I'm currently on to.

I will continue tomorrow with another wall of text on the wub part, also pm me if there's anything you don't understand hype, wub part critics!
also maybe i missed commenting something to, you included few completely different things in one, will talk in pm I guess. Also thanks for the in depth analysis.
N0thingSpecial
Bad wording but what I meant by circular pattern is how the triplet and the quint has circular flow when others just expands out, despite being a flow thin g, the fact that the quint is a straight line like all the other triplets and doubles, makes it aesthetically related
Easy Mapper
From my modding queue!

Dance:
00:27:218 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - Not a bad shape but it feels tight to aim when I try to play maybe a new shape or space it more? :thinking:
00:41:875 (8,1) - Maybe a tad to wide for the time that is there?
00:43:675 (1,1) - Keep the slider to the white tick. Honestly sounds cleaner but if you want those quick jumps keep it.
00:44:533 (4,1) - ^
00:45:218 (3,1) - ^
00:46:418 (6,1) - Red tick for this one
00:47:275 (4,1) - ^ White
00:47:961 (3,1) - ^
03:57:647 (4,3) - Doesn't seem like your normal blanketing, which btw is super duper awesome in this map so blanket the 3 over the 4 to keep that going.
04:43:247 (8,1) - Same as 41sec remark
Besides what I mentioned this map is really lit. You have a great knack at blanketing. Real inspiration!

Make sure you check this stuff in the image here are the timing points so you can go straight to them.
Object isn't snapped! 02:45:731
Object's end is not snapped! 02:45:788
Object isn't snapped! 02:45:845
Object's end is not snapped! 02:45:902
Kiai one doesn't matter as well as the two diffs and an Easy or Normal. But you probably already know

Soul~
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

Mistaken wrote:

From my modding queue!

Dance:
00:27:218 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - Not a bad shape but it feels tight to aim when I try to play maybe a new shape or space it more? :thinking: perhaps i will change the angle
00:41:875 (8,1) - Maybe a tad to wide for the time that is there? maybe, will need more feedback from other guys.
00:43:675 (1,1) - Keep the slider to the white tick. Honestly sounds cleaner but if you want those quick jumps keep it. i will revisit the section and do some remaps
00:44:533 (4,1) - ^
00:45:218 (3,1) - ^
00:46:418 (6,1) - Red tick for this one
00:47:275 (4,1) - ^ White
00:47:961 (3,1) - ^
03:57:647 (4,3) - Doesn't seem like your normal blanketing, which btw is super duper awesome in this map so blanket the 3 over the 4 to keep that going. I'd rather choose to blanket (1) over the stream, then place 3 on 4 which is barely visible.
04:43:247 (8,1) - Same as 41sec remark ye
Besides what I mentioned this map is really lit. You have a great knack at blanketing. Real inspiration! thanks <3

Make sure you check this stuff in the image here are the timing points so you can go straight to them.
Object isn't snapped! 02:45:731
Object's end is not snapped! 02:45:788
Object isn't snapped! 02:45:845
Object's end is not snapped! 02:45:902
Kiai one doesn't matter as well as the two diffs and an Easy or Normal. But you probably already know
actually that's some bugged shit yo, literally unfixable, and its snapped. Guess i'll need to place new sliders mmm, gotta get the angles right.
Soul~
thanks for the mod.
Yukiyo
m4m from q ;-;
http://puu.sh/whTOx/be3732d990.png LUL

seems like a fun map
00:01:333 - don't you think is note should be clickable? Idk it very much feels like it
00:04:075 - ^
00:06:818 - ^
00:09:561 - ^
00:05:275 (1,2,3,4) - is this supposed to be ugly? lol jk but either make it straight or let it have a good curve
00:05:533 (4,1) - I don't think this streamjump is good emphasis for the downbeat, kickslider would fit better imo
00:12:047 - missing note? 00:12:047 - having a 2 1/4 beat gap really messes up rhythm and expectation causing 100s and misses
00:13:418 - ^
00:14:790 - ^ D:
00:44:018 (1) - finish?
00:46:933 (2) - random drum sample??
00:48:647 (3) - ^ ;_;
00:53:962 (3,4) - why does this not have the same flow as 00:51:047 (2,3,4,5) - and 00:52:418 (2,3,4,5) - but rather straight flow?
00:58:161 - where does this triple suddely come from?

01:17:190 (2,3) - why are these triples suddenly stacked differently 01:17:704 (4,5) - 01:19:932 (2,3) - 01:20:447 (5,6) - etc.
01:37:161 - missing important sounds why not use the samne rhythms like 01:31:504 (2,3,4,5) - since it is essentaiyll y the same sounds.

01:54:647 - I get thte switch in circular flow but why do it so soon again at 01:57:047 - at least let it be consistant in switching
in further parts you seem to have the same problem
02:17:790 (2,3) - instead of completly stacking them I'd have the same shift as the sliders befroe
02:21:047 (4) - ^
02:58:247 (7,1) - blanket
04:01:504 - rip hitsaounding? no bass drum no snare? use normal-hitnormal for bass and soft-hitclap for snare or smt
the flow all in all seems pretty arbitrary
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

Yukiyo wrote:

m4m from q ;-;
http://puu.sh/whTOx/be3732d990.png LUL seriously though, aimod is drunk

seems like a fun map thanks.
00:01:333 - don't you think is note should be clickable? Idk it very much feels like it mmh i want to make rhythm less dense than final section.
00:04:075 - ^
00:06:818 - ^
00:09:561 - ^
00:05:275 (1,2,3,4) - is this supposed to be ugly? lol jk but either make it straight or let it have a good curve gonna fix
00:05:533 (4,1) - I don't think this streamjump is good emphasis for the downbeat, kickslider would fit better imo gonna fix
00:12:047 - missing note? 00:12:047 - having a 2 1/4 beat gap really messes up rhythm and expectation causing 100s and misses in remap list
00:13:418 - ^
00:14:790 - ^ D:
00:44:018 (1) - finish? hitsounds are wip, gonna get to them once i remap few parts
00:46:933 (2) - random drum sample?? oops, my program malfunctioned xd
00:48:647 (3) - ^ ;_; ^
00:53:962 (3,4) - why does this not have the same flow as 00:51:047 (2,3,4,5) - and 00:52:418 (2,3,4,5) - but rather straight flow? because why not? It proves no problem to a player, and that slider ends a section.
00:58:161 - where does this triple suddely come from? if you listen closely you can hear it xd

01:17:190 (2,3) - why are these triples suddenly stacked differently 01:17:704 (4,5) - 01:19:932 (2,3) - 01:20:447 (5,6) - etc. because giving such spacing to doubles would be obnoxious, and the triples emphasize snares. Think its fine.
01:37:161 - missing important sounds why not use the samne rhythms like 01:31:504 (2,3,4,5) - since it is essentaiyll y the same sounds. there's an added kick in that pattern compared to the previous one.

01:54:647 - I get thte switch in circular flow but why do it so soon again at 01:57:047 - at least let it be consistant in switching
in further parts you seem to have the same problem sections flow is easy, some variability is okay right, if it was consistant this would be seriously boring.
02:17:790 (2,3) - instead of completly stacking them I'd have the same shift as the sliders befroe nice
02:21:047 (4) - ^ ^
02:58:247 (7,1) - blanket fix
04:01:504 - rip hitsaounding? no bass drum no snare? use normal-hitnormal for bass and soft-hitclap for snare or smt wip
the flow all in all seems pretty arbitrary Don't really want to make dubstep sections to have obvious flow system, just doing comfy stuff and placing stuff where i feel like it. Kick jump sections insist on not having circular flow (think its linear im unsure). 04:23:447 - this section is kinda obvious to understand, clockwise into anticlockwise. 04:01:504 - this was done without a system, but focusing mostly on not having circular flow to show to randomness of the vocals, and to be emphasized compared to other sections which sound mostly the same. Sections before first dubstep part will be remapped a bit
thank for mod.
eh - - -
Not really a mod , more like suggestions of style. maybe you can see what i mean

21 sec - 42 sec can significantly higher slider speed with slight curves in them , because of how "hype" the beginning is , after that the next sections sliderspeed makes more sense for a slowdown.

some wub sections dont feel fast , the stacked notes makes you not flow the song well enough.

3:39-3:49 flow is totally not building up and it feels bland to play this section when you can make a very technical flow out of it.

4:34-4:39 and onwards , could have mapped to the flow of the main changing sound , this felt the most "unpersonal" or "unadjusted" pattern to the song

the follow up stream isnt really required , but kind of works. i would have mapped this in trippes stacks.


done,
and damn u for stealing the song D:
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

shiro_Chaos-ryu wrote:

Not really a mod , more like suggestions of style. maybe you can see what i mean

21 sec - 42 sec can significantly higher slider speed with slight curves in them , because of how "hype" the beginning is , after that the next sections sliderspeed makes more sense for a slowdown. what the, fully disagree.

some wub sections dont feel fast , the stacked notes makes you not flow the song well enough. what the

3:39-3:49 flow is totally not building up and it feels bland to play this section when you can make a very technical flow out of it. i can always make a very technical flow, but do i want to? Implying there is flow on jumping from stacked notes lmao

4:34-4:39 and onwards , could have mapped to the flow of the main changing sound , this felt the most "unpersonal" or "unadjusted" pattern to the song
what the
the follow up stream isnt really required , but kind of works. i would have mapped this in trippes stacks. what the


done,
and damn u for stealing the song D:
Affirmation
Q

[asdf]
00:42:647 (1) - how about add a jump here for consistency with 00:41:961 (1) - ?
00:44:018 (2) - Add NC here
02:54:475 (2,1) - this antijump looks werid.
04:22:075 - add a beat here?

GL
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply