forum

Aye duz need halp! D:

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VisualInfinity
1 month ago my second laptop had a trojan which first wasted my graphic card, and then my harddrive.

At every try to recover it with the factory backup it says by the cd boot: "WARNING: CANNOT OPEN FILE CWSDPMI.SWP

And after recovering anyway the windows bootscreen appears ant then the laptop crashes.

I heard that the apparently missing image file only appears by installing linux on windows, but i even didnt think of that...

Formatting brought nothing too... it just says then that the image file cannot be found...

I'd be thamkful if you guys can help me out...

-VI.
Teras
ok
boat

Teras wrote:

ok
you're an idiot, just so you know

OT: Try making a new partition and recover it on that one.
Teras

failboat wrote:

Teras wrote:

ok
you're an idiot, just so you know

OT: Try making a new partition and recover it on that one.
M'kay
Vext_old

Teras wrote:

M'kay
Shohei Ohtani

herp derp south park
SilentKiller
Create a Windows 7 disk and format off of that. Dont use recovery disks.
awp
Has a recovery disc ever worked for anyone? I've never had any luck with 'em.
Hika
I've only used a recovery disk once & this was about 2 years ago, iirc? It worked fine,
but in this situation, I wouldn't recommend it.
Pokebis

awp wrote:

Has a recovery disc ever worked for anyone?
Me.
ampzz

VisualInfinity wrote:

1 month ago my second laptop had a trojan which first wasted my graphic card, and then my harddrive.

Formatting brought nothing too... it just says then that the image file cannot be found...
First thing's first, do you have a legitimate copy of Window 7?
IE. A physical, retail bought copy of Windows 7 and not an illegally downloaded copy.

Secondly, this trojan you're talking about, was there any details about it displayed when you found out it had infected your PC/laptop and how did you know it was actually a trojan that caused your system to overheat which caused your GPU to die?
The name, type of trojan and the like?
Please refrain from doing anything stupid like actually linking us the file/s that contain the virus though.

If the laptop (that you're talking about in the latter half of your opening post) is the same system which had the virus 'destroy' your laptop, you're going to have tough luck dealing with ever trying to get it to work functionally again.

On the topic of recovery disks, they're a waste of time realistically.
They only offer random and unreliable results at inconvenient times, compared to just backing up your data at regular intervals and doing a format every now and then if the PC feels sluggish.
Rena-chan

awp wrote:

Has a recovery disc ever worked for anyone? I've never had any luck with 'em.
I had loads of "luck" with them on a Dell computer back when XP Pro was cool.

SPOILER
Let's not mention the fact that those weren't as much "recovery discs" as they were actually clean installation CDs, though. May as well have had a retail copy back then, would've been the same !