forum

GFX Bimonthly #6 - Real People x Collab [Finished]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Affiliiated with Artem Familia

It was pretty noticable that the last Bimonthy was pretty tough on people, so I'm giving a fun one this time! Or at least I hope people think so.

Remember the following if you want to participate:

1. Your entry must follow the theme and GFX type.
  2. Your entry must be within size limits.
  3. Work must be submitted before midnight GMT of the due date.
  4. Plagiarism is absolutely, most definitely, and highly not allowed. You will be disqualified if you are found using or editting someone else's work and banned from future Bimonthlies.
  5. Please PM Reunilu or any other person hosting the with the form below. DMing via Discord is allowed.
  6. Because this is all anonymous, if you have a watermark that includes your name, please use a different watermark.
Details

1. Submissions this time are not anonymous due to collabing, but I'd still like submissions via PMing or DMing on Discord.
  2. This is a prompt that involves two people to work on the same signature. As such, this Bimonthy is more progression based than result based.
  3. Instead of submitting one signature (aka the result), you and your partner must put together a small graphic containing the signature from at least three points in time: the starting image from the first person, a continuation from the second person, and the finishing touches from the first person. If you need an example of what this looks like, I have some.
  4. This time, I need two project files: one with the complete image, the other from when the second person finishes.
  5. Using the same editing program is highly recommended to make the collab easier.

Theme: Real Life People Renders (Collab Between Two People)
GFX Type: Signature/Tag
Max Size: 700 px x 700 px

Form and Example:

[insert entry here]
[insert forum code for image here]
Proof:

[img]http://orig06.deviantart.net/f6f2/f/2014/158/a/4/a4abacda5735b72780f54392e700b5ff-d7lfc7o.png[/img]
Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hianexample

Due Date: June 3rd

Banlist

• Kamikazy - Plagiarism. Cannot participate 'til hell freezes over.
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Unfortunately, there were only three entries, so Bimonthy might slow down in response unless you guys REALLY want Bimonthy to keep going as it is, and for that I need your responses. Same rules for voting apply for this competition.

Edit: Due to making exceptions with Beginners, one exception will be made with regular, so hold off your voting until then.

Double edit: Voting is now open again. I realize now that two of the three entries don't have names, but I'm about to go to sleep, so they'll be updated in the morning.

1. Everyone is able to vote. However, the participants will not be able to vote for themselves, as votes towards themselves will not count.
  2. Voting is about who has the most skill.
  3. Votes will be counted by post, not poll.
  4. All votes must have a reason for their vote. You don't have to be a GFX artist to list technical reasons, of course. That said, constructive critcism is highly encouraged.
  5. One vote per person.
  6. This isn't a required part of voting, but if you would like to suggest themes for future GFX Bimonthies, go ahead. : >
A quote from my friend Spitty:

1. Does the signature fit the theme?
  2. Does it look pleasing?
  3. Do you think proper techniques were used?

Minase Inori

Minutine

Ghost in the Shell

Voting ends June 10!
William K
I'm voting for Minutine, the effect's pretty nice. Also, the font and the gradient of the border color used fits perfectly with the theme.
JierYagtama
minase inori has that "interesting vibe" for me xd ill vote for that I guess
OSU_MATE15
Heroo, so I'm putting my vote on Minase Inori!Because I feeeel like this girl is fading away in darkness, but despite that she is keeping herself strong (hence the flowers lol) but she is stuck on life on something. Lol anywayss i hope Minase Inori winss :))
okina1120
I'm voting for the "Minase Inori", because not only that it fits well in the theme, the choice of colors and the vibe of the image is both mentally and visually pleasing.
Vlidenhart
I'm voting for Minase Inori since the render fits the background texture well and nothing looks out of place. I like how the final output gave the render "life" since it looks vibrant when compared to the image they started off with.
MoeChuu
I like them all but I'm voting for Minutine, because it has this beautiful color combination that contrasts with the render and the textures used. It has a beautiful vibe in it, very colorful, that everything blends smoothly. ❤
Parshey
I'm voting for Minutine, because of sick colors and it is well blended.
stal
Wow, the sudden influx of people (that I have never seen before on the Art thread) voting on the same entry at the same time!

Anyway, my vote goes to Minutine.
I love the colour combination, the lens flare and especially the little sparkly brush details.
Also, the sparkle(?) and the lens flare under the text is so satisfying for some reason. Everything just fits really nicely~
Zeltcon
I'm voting for Minase Inori, because of its simplicity and how the final output color blends very well, not too repetitive to look at. I like it! 8-) 8-)
Aubrey Joy
My sister Janpai bribed me to vote kek
My vote goes to Minutine because I like how colors blended with each other. I like how the metallic logo behind compliments the person and I personally like the kind of theme the artists used here.
Wikozo
I'm voting for Minutine. The photo is very colorful. And the sparkles etc. are very preety. That's why i'm voting for Minutine.
Kyouren
OMG so many awesome picture and collaboration <3
But I vote Minase Inori because the font is awesome, the background is suitable with Minase Inori pose, and i can't say anymore because this is awesome lol

Sorry if it's so simple reason
Senritsu
Am i the only one who thinks that Ghost in The Shell is awesome
Really creative way to put mechanical stuff on the cloth, well done.
I love how the edits blend the render and the background together, although it's really rough at the first, but last edits on details blows them. It also has different 'vibe' than those other two so

My vote goes for Ghost in The Shell

Best of luck ♥
Mikichiyo
First of all, I really appreciate the work everyone's done here. I just love them all, and it's pretty hard to decide.
I like the dark atmosphere "Minase Inori" is giving. Everything suits to the render. But somehow, I feel like there's something missing but I really dunno what. Anyways, great work!
Minutine is great as well, because I like the colours and the amazing effects. I also love the hair, it fits to the background. Great work as well!

Senritsu wrote:

Am i the only one who thinks that Ghost in The Shell is awesome
Nah, my vote is going to Ghost in the Shell as well, because I just love the blending, the effects and even her shirt! It suits perfectly to the movie/anime and at first I thought it's some kind of poster of the movie haha
Great work!

Good luck to everyone ~
- K a t h -

Mikichiyo wrote:

First of all, I really appreciate the work everyone's done here. I just love them all, and it's pretty hard to decide.
Minase Inori looks fiiiine af.
It's very soothing to the eye especially with those subtle light flares.
It has a nice aesthetic appeal and is clean as well. Good job to the both of ya~

Tho my vote goes to Ghost in the Shell.
The way the render was blended with the background was spot on. That "brushed-like" effect on the edges fits perfectly with the concept they are going for. And o mah lord those brushes tho, sliiiick. They look amazing. Props to the artists ❤
Kurochiie
These collabs are all awe-inspiring. I can see that all of them put so much effort into making these and I appreciate that. Kudos to the artists!

Minase Inori
Wow. Just wow. I can't explain shit but this one's really nice. smh Choice of colors is lit and the render slayed 'em all. Never knew they'd execute this kind of style perfectly. :> I thought the render was wearing a blue ribbon, but no. It's a freakin' texture. ajkfhsjdfgsdjhfg ❤ Good job, you two!
Ghost in the Shell
Apparently, photo manipulation is a thing now.
I gotta say... This entry looks like a movie poster. Kind of Matrix-ish that's why I like it so much. The thing on the render's shirt is really pleasant to look at for some reason. I don't know what they did there but that freakin' killed it. And also the tiny tech brushes are on point. MMHHHHM! Merveilleux! Great work, you and you!

You guys are so talented. Unleash your full potential! ❤
Both are so good. I don't know if I should vote but here I go.

My vote goes to
Ghost in the Shell.

Goodluck, all of you!
Topic Starter
Reunilu
what the hell Janpai how did you convince all these people

I just realized, I didn't change the title of from Submissions to Voting for both Bimonthlies. Again. Ugh. It's there now, anyway.

don't forget to vote in Beginner's, too.
JayM3_
My vote would be for Minutine
I really like the colors and the texture behind the render. the colors used are awesome. qua contrast it is very nice. the focus is on the render while there are peripherals supporting that the render is not dull and plain, lighting is good and well placed. the use of c4d aint JayM3_ overkill. the use of the fractals are well done so overall it is very cool and pleasing to look at. it could've been cooler if the highlights of his hair are also glowing hehehehe :P
Akito
ok this is pretty different from my expectation of every entry using kpop girls

My vote goes to "Minutine"
The pink and blue are really nice and work well together. All the lightings and objects really make the piece pop. I think maybe the background could be changed since in my opinion, the rough rocky texture doesn't really fit the theme although I like what's been done to it to make it work.

All of these entries are great and I had a tough time deciding, good job to everyone that entered.
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Late results are late. I blame Persona 3.

1st Place: Kurochiie and Kath - Minutine

2nd Place: Moechuu and Parshey - Minase Inori

3rd Place: Janpai and notkesh - Ghost in the Shell

Final Result Totals:

Minutine - 8
Minase Inori - 6
Ghost in the Shell - 4