forum

"This score doesn't look right" Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Willow_old
I did all I could, literally, but couldn't get to the first place on "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel's Thesis" Easy difficulty.

http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&b=12787

I know I'm not the best in spinners, but the #1 only has hardrock and doubletime on, when I have also hidden and flashlight, which is supposed to bring 0.22x more points. Should be enough to compensate my sucky spinners and win him with perfect score o.O Check the replays and correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't do any exact calculations. I'm #16 at the moment.

The #9 with no mods on looks kinda fishy too, but can't tell.
Saturos

Willow wrote:

I did all I could, literally, but couldn't get to the first place on "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel's Thesis" Easy difficulty.

http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&b=12787

I know I'm not the best in spinners, but the #1 only has hardrock and doubletime on, when I have also hidden and flashlight, which is supposed to bring 0.22x more points. Should be enough to compensate my sucky spinners and win him with perfect score o.O Check the replays and correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't do any exact calculations. I'm #16 at the moment.

The #9 with no mods on looks kinda fishy too, but can't tell.
Tormentor is legit, he's just ridiculous at spinning. Total points on this map is so small that spinner bonus can easily dwarf any mods in terms of points, so it's understandable.

#9 is questionable, though.
Jarby
What?

mattyu007
Greater max combo = higher score generally
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Celestral
Omg this is actually my first bord post O:
I'm not sure about this one.
I guess the scores were from an earlier version of the beatmap?
I don't know about the other difficulties, but at least easy mode seems off =/

Gens
>:(

Is this possible?
LuigiHann
In easy maps like that the score is all about the spinner.
Gens

LuigiHann wrote:

In easy maps like that the score is all about the spinner.
And... the Combo?

Mine 296 and those... 298? (Note: Misses, 0 Mine)
Saturos
The top 4 on that map are ancient scores when scoring methods were a bit different. I guess they snuck by without being purged.

#5 is where the actual legit scores start for that map.
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
adam2046
sesito71
In Masayo Matsura - Paradise (Easy), I did it perfect with hidden, hardrock, double time and flashlight and i'm only the fourth. I've seen the replays of 1#HenkieBP, 2#Macned and 3#Quester 115 and the score doesn't look right...

bye, and sorry for my poor english :oops:
ash
http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&b=2834 <-- wtf @ top scores

replay looks normal though; just multiple accounts
James
#1 on kawada mami - sense [hard]
dodgy spinning technique?
the player spins differently at other replays..
i hope its legit

edit: after watching for a few times, i think its legit..
how the hell do they press circles that arent visible anymore
MetalDart
I am completely dumbfounded right now.
I saw Saturos's score for Three Point One Four [Hard] and decided to watch the replay. I have no idea what happened. I'm thinking this is someone else's playthrough. Watch the replay, I started laughing because it seems so unlike him. I wonder if it's just me though. :/ :\

If you see this post Saturos, watch the replay hahahahaha.
Here's a preview.

adamskii_uk
Gens
What the crap?!
"Loituma - Ievan Polkka"
http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&s=2463

The 1st score.
>:(
Saturos

MetalDart wrote:

I am completely dumbfounded right now.
I saw Saturos's score for Three Point One Four [Hard] and decided to watch the replay. I have no idea what happened. I'm thinking this is someone else's playthrough. Watch the replay, I started laughing because it seems so unlike him. I wonder if it's just me though. :/ :\

If you see this post Saturos, watch the replay hahahahaha.
Here's a preview.
There was a couple builds of test osu a few months ago that had broken replays for a few hours. This was probably one of them that I scored on during that time. ;x
Larto
#1 on "Coldplay - Lost! [Easy]" dj-jimbo

I lol'd

This isn't possible, I guess?
ZZT the Fifth
Bogus lookin' #1 score here... Watched the replay and it didn't look like the score would come anywhere near the reported amount. Add in the fact that no mods were used, and... yeah, I'm pretty sure this score is bogus.

Slain087
I would ask that the submitters in this topic please read the entire thing before submitting. Multiple postings of the same score don't help matters much.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
Something's strange with this guy's replay (CtB, first place,Wizards in Winter [Insane]).

Last fruit:

Score screen:

Check it for yourselves.
The score is also kinda hard to believe, because auto play got only a bit higher than that. Seeing salad! playing CtB is awesome, due to its teleportation powers.
UnknownID_old
How does this work (same for the other two below him)? lol, can't view their replays
They got higher scores then me without mods, no 100% and also no spinners in this song

Starrodkirby86
Those were the old scores before there was a new algorithm, or something like that.

As mentioned by Saturos here: viewtopic.php?p=63359#p63359

Or rather quoted:

Saturos wrote:

The top 4 on that map are ancient scores when scoring methods were a bit different. I guess they snuck by without being purged.

#5 is where the actual legit scores start for that map.
Pasonia
How can a B get top rank? So I went to check the score and voila.

Not sure if this is a repeated report though...

Cabasho
DeathxShinigami

Starrodkirby86
I remember this was mentioned in Chat weeks ago. Long story short, dj-jimbo was a spinner hacker. That's what peppy said at least. There was also a report similar to this on Okuru Kotoba...
Chozx
On the song Genbu - Ganymede Beginner Macned had a SS without mods and has with spins 5000 his score in the game is rond 99.000 but his score is 120.148 and thats not fair.

Plz look the replay of that guy and ban him :x :x :x

fuffolo
"You are an Idiot! [Easy]"

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/14648

I've done better then the the first and the second, spinners too.
VincentLaw
this is his score... (98% HardRock + Flashlight )

and watch mine now... ( with 100% Hidden + HardRock + Flashlight )

O_o'

i thought it would be spinners but in the replay he has a weird form of doin the spinners and gets low score on them
maybe a replay bug or a score bug? dunno

also 2nd place doesn't have replay and also other places show the same bug

pasonia also pointed this map before
fuffolo
VincentLaw
hmmm faster than osu auto? :D

i have seen guys that spin at 400 - 470

and it shows the score

maybe thats a replay bug and he did spin fast but wth? 2 mods 98 vs 3 mods 100?

anyway thats not the case... also u can check the other places replays like larto's one?

and the 2nd place doesn't have replay
Ryohan
There is the new formula for score.... before that people can spin over 1000 spins per minute :P
mattyu007
The new formula is for calculating the spinning RPM and has no effect on score
Soaprman
So yeah, fuckgou321 is pretty good at osu!
Kitty McWittles

UnknownID wrote:

How does this work (same for the other two below him)? lol, can't view their replays
They got higher scores then me without mods, no 100% and also no spinners in this song

Old quote yes, but same guy.

Ignore the scribbles... there's no horribly embarassing score there, I swear ._.;; (Iwasbored)

But yea... fruit gets A-rank #1 with no mods and ShaggoN uses Hard Rock and Flashlight AND gets SS but #2? And there's no spinners at all, so those aren't a possible reason.
FurukawaPan
I found this odd:

The score is higher than usual for a [None] mod situation.
deepsea
show more