forum

"This score doesn't look right" Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dean
On top of what Steven said, I can't fathom how that video doesn't prove his innocence. The first edit was obviously a large cut between him setting up his camera to his first suitable playthrough of the beatmap. Unless you wished to view his several failed attempts, that is completely understandable. I don't know why he made the second cut, but it's still clearly the same playthrough - the graph on the results screen doesn't show up on replays, and it shows the same mods (FL + no video).

Whoever suggested it was Auto clearly wasn't thinking, Auto doesn't make misses. And to Kohzuki: no, he didn't full combo it, but he clearly showed that he has the potential to, that he is capable - which was the whole damn point of the video. Two misses within the first 60 or so beats means fuck all when he made a 360+ combo showcasing his skill. What's with the vendetta, did he run over your cat or something?

Louie: c'mon bro, I thought you were cooler than this. He made the video, showing he's fucking good at Flashlight. Another video is completely uneccessary, no matter if it would be on an AR10 map (which seriously makes no difference with Flashlight).

And I'd like to point out that KRZY is mad cool for knowing when to drop it.

I wish I had as much impact with words as people like Lunah, E-Hooker etc... :(
OzzyOzrock
I wanna see some Spanish speaking, damn it.

The second cut could've just been another fast forward thing (though how three seconds affects upload time by much I don't know lol)

Anyways, http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=61450&m=1

As if it's not easy enough to tell when you look st the score, but the replay, oh lol, he must me some really pro mouse user.

(unsure if this has been mentioned already)

EDIT: WAIT, DAMN IT MY CAKE HAS BEEN BEATEN.

Oh well... uhh... I'll... find something..
Louis Cyphre
Well ok, what can i say. Say what you want,. I don't believe and that's my problem.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Ibuki Suika

Mizu wrote:

It's funny, really. ;)
you can PM this map #2

Gomo once in his demands and surveillance next once FL + HD, he can testify :roll:

Or let gomo make a video, like Sprosive that :|
Krzysiek
I think you all take different approaches looking into the video that makes you think you're each other wrong. As a neither Mikhe's friend or foe I can look at the issue without getting involved ;-).

Doing montage of the video is a big no no, no matter what you cut. Proof video is like the only kind of video that shouldn't be montaged because of its purpose (I hope you guys agree). Why? Read it and take it easy cos I'm not a hater nor troll (I think ppl from #osu think the same ^^).

Let's say I state that (play some Phoenix Wright music in the bg :->)
"What really happened is:
1. Mikhe started the game
2. Before pressing "skip" button mikhe paused game, jumped into the key macro program before the montaged 00:04 of video.
3. He started key macro program with some countdown needed to synchronize right with game, then went back to game and unpaused.
4. He resumed recording the video (the "famous" 00:04).
5. Program played throught the map doing some mistakes (well happens, I can't FC it every time with no mod and macro could've registered missed game).
6. He stopped the key macro program at 01:28 (did exactly the same pause->jump to window sequence) because it had glitches that'd make video even more confusing.
That's how it was."

It sure sounds ridiculous for ppl saying mikhe didn't cheat. But the problem is I find it hard to contradict any of those points (point 6 is for the lulz, but something like that could be possible - even thought it'd be really lame x-D) because:
-> getting in synch with countdown isn't hard for CtB players, because they have superior single timing reaction timing to osu! and taiko players. And when you mention CtB god... can't agree any more ^^.
-> there's no hand motion
-> there's no key strike/mouse operation sound
-> there's no start menu bar to show running app (even if there were one, app could've been written into tray icon and hidden)

I'm fine with video as it is, but it's completely understandable for other ppl to be not satisfied with it. That's my repeated opinion -> you shouldn't do montage of proof video no matter what.

And on the last note(s?). People, PLEASE refrain from flames just because you don't agree with each other. The only way to prove things is to provide data. Also telling who's being cool, who's being whiny is rude. It all comes to agree/disagree... come on, don't act like ur doing right now x_x.
Niva
Gomo Psivarh isn't a cheater >.<
Yesterday he chatted with me via in-game PM, and he said this:

21:45 <Gomo_Psivarh> : i always play maps offline :D
21:46 <Gomo_Psivarh> : so my play count is very low
21:46 <Nivalis> : i practice hard maps offline, and I only play online if I want to FC something/modding a map
21:46 <Nivalis> : good luck SS-ing no thank you xD
21:47 <Gomo_Psivarh> : thx :D
21:47 <Gomo_Psivarh> : even i wanna submit my score i still play offline:D
21:48 <Gomo_Psivarh> : u play offline, and when u finish it, u go online immediately
21:49 <Gomo_Psivarh> : the score will be uploaded, and count only 1 play count, no matter how many times you retried XD
21:49 <Nivalis> : yes :D
21:49 <Nivalis> : play offline, FC until last spinner, pause, turn on internet, unpause, submit score xD
21:49 <Gomo_Psivarh> : yeah XD

No wonder his playcount is very low :D
He is just a great FL player.
xsrsbsns

Krzysiek wrote:

(Huge wall of text) - Excluding 1-6
Exactly. Kinda common sense for a proof video don't you think?

Oh, not that I care about the outcome. I play my own osu! and people play theirs.
The only loss I face here is not being able to see/show people some awesome ctb playing live.
Dean
My main gripe with that and any other theories about how he cheated is that it's completely clutching at straws. Yes, the possibility exists, but it also exists for every single osu! player. The video shows within, say, a 99% possibility that he is clean, and that is good enough for me. As CXu said, it's the accusing side that need to prove that he is cheating, and there is not a single thread of evidence to suggest that.

I'm sorry if my words were inflammatory, I can assure you that it is not (and never is) my intention to make people angry. I just got a little worked up about the topic. I don't consider myself one of mikhe's closest friends, but I've seen him grow from a rankings-whore into the best Catch the Beat player in the world, and the idea of him cheating is absurd to me. Once again, my apologies.
Kohzuki_old
If all these people would be so smart like you Krzysiek then they understand it. some of you said that I am whining and someone even called me 'bitch'. and what about you guys? you are so smart that you can say what you want? you just say that mikhe is not a cheater and everybodyl believe it? but when I make some strong arguments nobody believes me,because some of you are such idiots that you can only talk crap about other people. and what about your arguments? I quote - 'mikhe is a god and he plays a long time so he can't cheat'. is that your argument? or 'mikhe made a video so don't cry now'. he made it yeah? with the help of video montage he made it and you say that 'his camera suddenly moved on 0:04 when he started to play and on 1:28 when he finished to play' His camera is alive that it can move? such people are disgusting for me,because you can't prove your words. but I can. so what now? mikhe is afc as he said,and now of course he can't make another live video with 'not walking camera',yeah? well he doesn't want to play because he is scared that someone will ask him another video. wise choice to go afc.
I don't want to continue this discussion anymore because of some crap talking idiots. but one day when you will understand that I said truth - I will be waiting for apologies. because I just wanted to clear this game from such proud crafty people. so if someone still believes me then he can PM me. That is all.
mikhe

Kohzuki wrote:

mikhe is afc as he said,and now of course he can't make another live video with 'not walking camera',yeah? well he doesn't want to play because he is scared that someone will ask him another video. wise choice to go afc.
I will Afk bcz i think real life is really MORE IMPORTANT than a game, and after holidays i will have some exams (bcz i'm in university) so i have to study hard. Scary not the word, the word is indignant.
But anyway, i really sorry if someone said you some insults or others, we have to take the respect, and i don't like to say "bad words" to someone. Sorry again for that.

Well, definitly, you argue some things, and you posted the possibility that i cheated, but i didn't see any prove (and you know that fact). I did your video, and now i request you close this (like you said) and happy bcz we are in Xmass.

Mikhe out

P.S: Thank people for say me "happy birthday"!! ^^ thanks people :D
Firo Prochainezo
I'm really sorry for you, mikhe. Hope you pass those exams and Merry Christmas.
Faust
You guys are funny. Just sayin'.
Mismagius

Kohzuki wrote:

I make some strong arguments

Kohzuki wrote:

I don't want to continue this discussion anymore because of some crap talking idiots.

You must be retarded or something, seriously.

Merry christmas, mikhe, good luck on your exams.
Glass

Nivalis wrote:

21:46 <Nivalis> : i practice hard maps offline, and I only play online if I want to FC something/modding a map
21:48 <Gomo_Psivarh> : u play offline, and when u finish it, u go online immediately
21:49 <Gomo_Psivarh> : the score will be uploaded, and count only 1 play count, no matter how many times you retried XD
21:49 <Nivalis> : play offline, FC until last spinner, pause, turn on internet, unpause, submit score xD

Sounds like the whole typical "I've been playing offline/spun out the whole time" excuse.

Also, there is no ending spinner on that NO, Thank You! map, you can't have possibly re-enabled your Internet connection manually there.

I don't get why people make so much of a big deal about their playcounts and pull stunts like this, what does it really do other than create suspicion?
Gomo Psivarh

Glass wrote:

Nivalis wrote:

Sounds like the whole typical "I've been playing offline/spun out the whole time" excuse.

Also, there is no ending spinner on that NO, Thank You! map, you can't have possibly re-enabled your Internet connection manually there.

I don't get why people make so much of a big deal about their playcounts and pull stunts like this, what does it really do other than create suspicion?
A ending spinner is not necessary, just connect to internet before the score screen displayed.

Almost all of my replays have a same action:
After I hit the last note I move the cursor right out of the window and move the cursor back. It indicates when I connect to internet.

Even you have left the score screen and back to the song select screen, you may still be able to upload your replay.
NO, Thank You is a big miss since I hadn't noticed as said above.
My goal is SS it. I practised offline and after a play with 3X100s I connect the net, but I found my replay was uploaded!!
Then Aenna noticed his lost of #1 and get it back before I SS it. I lost. :cry:
Zetta
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/ebichu This dude.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/75894&m=0

Looked at his replay, cause naturally anyone who beats me is a hacker and I'm looking at his mouse movement and they seems really odd.

He seems to spin his mouse/pen a little when he taps a note and it looks as if it was auto'd because the cursor moves faster at the start then slows down in velocity as it's getting to the note.

Anyway reportad.

edit - orite, spins near the end are little retarded. His mouse dissapears but he never goes over 400 rpm.
Kakarotto_old
I really want to see Louis Cyphre recording a video with a gameplay of this map: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=25580&m=2
It's harder than mikhe's song.
-maJu

kakarottz wrote:

I really want to see Louis Cyphre recording a video with a gameplay of this map: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=25580&m=2
man, this is possible in FL because lot of parts are same and he needed a lot of tries..
And seriously it's not harder... it's just AR 8 :P
Kakarotto_old

-maJu wrote:

kakarottz wrote:

man, this is possible in FL because lot of parts are same and he needed a lot of tries..
I know it's possible, and i know he isn't cheater, but i just wanna see.
I'm curious.
Dikobrazkaaa

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

A ending spinner is not necessary, just connect to internet before the score screen displayed.

Almost all of my replays have a same action:
After I hit the last note I move the cursor right out of the window and move the cursor back. It indicates when I connect to internet.

Even you have left the score screen and back to the song select screen, you may still be able to upload your replay.
NO, Thank You is a big miss since I hadn't noticed as said above.
My goal is SS it. I practised offline and after a play with 3X100s I connect the net, but I found my replay was uploaded!!
Then Aenna noticed his lost of #1 and get it back before I SS it. I lost. :cry:
It's really good excuse. I'm think that you should make video. It will solve all, because:

Salvage
What's the problem with that? I know Gomo since like a lot (i don't play with him , but i just get top 1's in some easy and normal songs , i try to get more on hards tho but well it's not about me) , and i see him in a lot of maps , saw some replays of him and i think he doesn't cheat at all , the things he do can be totally done if u practice the maps , if i like one map and play it on Flashlight i can easily do it cuz u can start doing it and remember it part from part and just do it , and it's waaay more easier on Normal/Easy maps , that have's less than 300 combo's , maps with 400 combo's are harder , but if u play em enough u can totally remember em , a totally different story is playing maps with high AR or with insane jumps , but there u have Lybydose doing those ones lol .. anyways , i know Gomo is doing top 1 in maps since atleast when i started playing (Beginning of this year) and the things he does are totally achievable if u play the maps enough to remember em , and more if u play FL in mostly every map , for example .. i use Hidden in almost every map i play cuz i find this mod easy to play cuz i play it a lot , if u get used to a mod it's just easier to play with.

Happy christmas to everyone :).
TKiller
I actually do the same thing as Gomo Psivarh sometimes when I'm in a bad mood and don't want to be spectated, so..
Kakarotto_old
Little report: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/471491
Since August and #12 of world?
All scores are Hidden-SS.
Look this post:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21061&p=590562#p590562
LirsRosso is another cheater, and he got ban.
I think it's suspicious.
mikhe

kakarottz wrote:

I think it's suspicious.
But i saw him play into Multiplayer, and he did SS too.
I think very good player, no more.

P.S: I got #1 in only 1 month when i started CtB (was 7Bill), then is possible i think.
Kakarotto_old

mikhe wrote:

kakarottz wrote:

I think it's suspicious.
But i saw him play into Multiplayer, and he did SS too.
I think very good player, no more.

P.S: I got #1 in only 1 month when i started CtB (was 7Bill), then is possible i think.
Hmm, closed case i think.

BUT, i want to see a video of his gameplay, like Dragonforce music.
Kakarotto_old

Silver Flash wrote:

A long time ago I have an account, but for some reason have forgotten the password, so I registered a new account.
old ID:Klose Bright.
If you still do not believe that I can record a video.
I want to see.
Ibuki Suika

kakarottz wrote:

Silver Flash wrote:

A long time ago I have an account, but for some reason have forgotten the password, so I registered a new account.
old ID:Klose Bright.
If you still do not believe that I can record a video.
I want to see.
His veido
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjMxODY0NTQ4.html
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=79614&m=2
If you can't see, to find the time I uploaded to youtube or elsewhere
Kakarotto_old

wuliang wrote:

His veido
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjMxODY0NTQ4.html
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=79614&m=2
If you can't see, to find the time I uploaded to youtube or elsewhere
If it's he, closed case.
Ty.
Gomo Psivarh

Dikobrazkaaa wrote:

It's really good excuse. I'm think that you should make video. It will solve all, because:
I can make video after Jan 16,2011 if you want.
pieguyn
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/1145 #1

Looks like some kinda spin hacker.
Glass

pieguy1372 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/1145 #1

Looks like some kinda spin hacker.
Also a multi.
Pimpi
Why people are accusing mikhe?
I'm not his friend because i don't know him but i can clearly say that he is not cheating, because what he made is possible (most of the ctb players use flashlight and hidden and i don't know how they do that but I know that's not cheating)
Kohzuki is only jealous that mikhe is first and he don't
This is really stupid. He is accusing and don't have proofs
Most of people in this thread are with mikhe because they know him and know that he is not cheater ok?
Next time people want to accuse someone, has to show some proof before posting
Have a nice christmas all of you

PS: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=261&m=2 why the first place guy in the list is first if he has a C and with HR + HD?
That score doesn't look right to me
Firo Prochainezo

Pimpi88 wrote:

PS: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=261&m=2 why the first place guy in the list is first if he has a C and with HR + HD?
You get more score on HR rather that DB, so I doubt that's cheating.
xsrsbsns

Pimpi88 wrote:

He missed 65 droplets (hence the C) but didn't miss the fruits so the score multiplier wasn't gone.. and HD+HR has a higher score multiplier than HD+DT in CTB

Edit: Totally got ninja'd.
Firo Prochainezo
Teehee
Ibuki Suika

Pimpi88 wrote:

CTB's acc and evaluation depends on the fruit off
As long as large fruit did not fall. small fruit off a lot, as is a low-acc, D evaluation, but this does not prevent him fc this map
1small fruit=10Score
in spinner,1fruit=1000Score
:roll:
Now you understand?
Krzysiek
TL;DR version:
Cookiezi provided video with decisive proof, mikhe didn't. I like Cookiezi action and don't like mikhe's. I'm aware it's not enough to provide 100% sure answer whether mikhe cheated or not.

Long version:
Why people are accusing mikhe?
Same as "Why ppl are accusing Cookiezi?". It's because their skill break the limits. They awesome x-D.

he is not cheating, because what he made is possible
I don't agree with that statement as it is. There weren't single case where ppl hacked CtB's allowed movement speed, yet there were cheaters.

Kohzuki is only jealous that mikhe is first and he don't
I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions. Some ppl (me included) simply hate cheating (it ruins the competition).

This is really stupid. He is accusing and don't have proofs
Yup, same with Cookiezi.

Most of people in this thread are with mikhe because they know him and know that he is not cheater ok?
Change "know" to "believe" and sentence is right. I agree that more ppl are with mikhe than against him (did a fast calculation before replying), though it doesn't mean anything.

Next time people want to accuse someone, has to show some proof before posting
You'd have to take measurements attacking ones privacy to record double screen action or key macro (that is, if a cheater isn't a total fool like one ressurected key macro cheater there). Well, as IceBeam stated (page122 of this thread - I recommend reading, cos it's all truth for me :->), it's impossible to prove someone's cheating.

My comparison with Cookiezi is to show how both players behaved. TBH I didn't read and dunno if someone officialy on forums stated that (but in #osu it was pretty common) Cookiezi cheated. What I know is that we can see him in action and it looks awesome o/. On the other hand we have mikhe who's more dissapointing because (long story short):
1. "I need time for two cameras"... why?
2. This was taking too long.
3. Getting angry all of sudden.
4. Poor FL skills compared to his past.
5. The worst of them all: he eventually didn't provide decisive proof, but he could easily do it. He just needed to turn camera just a little or add sound. But he didn't do it that makes some of us (and me tbh) think he did it with purpose.

I don't say mikhe cheated, but I like Cookiezi's actions, and don't like his. Proving stuff need manners, which mikhe's lacked here. He left us without answer (or can someone say he's 100% sure after watching that video with montage and can object to my interesting story back in pages :->).

Oh and spinner fruit is 1100 no matter the mods ^^.
Pimpi
@Krzysiek
TL;DR version:
Cookiezi provided video with decisive proof, mikhe didn't. I like Cookiezi action and don't like mikhe's. I'm aware it's not enough to provide 100% sure answer whether mikhe cheated or not.
Sometimes people don't have time for playing and wasting time (specially now holidays).
The video seems a little strange, yes, but will make answers appear instantly? No. Best way is to contact a moderator or someone (like peppy) with the access to see all the information of the account

Same as "Why ppl are accusing Cookiezi?". It's because their skill break the limits. They awesome x-D.
Yes, he surpass some of the pro players skill limits.
After seeing the historical statistics you can see clearly that he repeat most of the harder maps on osu! and when you see a cheater, it has a lower play count and/or spinner hack in the replays.
So if you have the knowledge, then can you explain me how they cheat?

I don't agree with that statement as it is. There weren't single case where ppl hacked CtB's allowed movement speed, yet there were cheaters.
I was saying that he not accomplish the request made of the guys that believe he is a cheater but he pass that map.. but anyway.. this is not so important.
Proof is the keyword here.

I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions.
Who's jumping to conclusions? ''Change "know" to "believe" and sentence is right. I agree that more ppl are with mikhe than against him (did a fast calculation before replying), though it doesn't mean anything.

Some ppl (me included) simply hate cheating (it ruins the competition).
Same as me: cheating is for retarded people.

About the ctb stuff you all say to me
Idk, but that ctb spinner fruit thing seems noonsense for me because it no matter if you have 3 or 4 mods because if a person have 2, 1 or 0 mods and if he grab a lot of the spinner fruits that then it will achieve a better score than the better 3 - 4 mod achieve.
This doesn't make sense to me but the game was created that way I will try to see this by myself.
Dean

Pimpi88 wrote:

Idk, but that ctb spinner fruit thing seems noonsense for me because it no matter if you have 3 or 4 mods because if a person have 2, 1 or 0 mods and if he grab a lot of the spinner fruits that then it will achieve a better score than the better 3 - 4 mod achieve.
This doesn't make sense to me but the game was created that way I will try to see this by myself.
It's basically like this:
In Catch the Beat, there are four types of fruits: the normal kind, large fruit drops, small fruit drops and spinner fruits. Normal, large and small fruit drops all affect accuracy the same amount, however small missing a small fruit drop will not break combo and catching one will not increase combo. On top of this, they are worth a mere 10 points, meaning a lot of players will not bother to catch them.

This is how players with lower accuracy can still Full Combo a map, and beat players with higher accuracy. Spinners are the primary way to seperate players who have both FCed a map (unlike standard osu!, in which it's accuracy), as a spinner fruit is worth 1,100 points - it takes 110 small fruit drops to equal a spinner fruit. Darksoul is #1 on that map because he caught every fruit important to maintaining combo (but dropping a lot of small fruit drops), and used the highest mods of everyone who has FCed that map (Hid + HR > Hid + DT). His 'C' ranking means he got 85%-90% accuracy (letter rankings are based purely on accuracy in CtB).
KRZY
Heh, I think it's good time we drop the mikhe case now. Shit happens, but we should know to move on.
show more