posted
Total Posts
show more
Gomo Psivarh

dNextGen wrote:

SuperMaay wrote:

but that's completely stupid
where is the stupid point of using 2 pc/monitor
IMO,using 2 computers to play FL+Hid is just cheating.
Rokodo
Cheating is defined as:
a) Manipulation of the osu! client.
b) Use of macros to enable automated full combo sequences.

I have done neither of these things.
youngdow
Rokodo doesn't use hack ^^;

This argument has been already discussed and concluded, I hope people don't bring this up anymore :)
maay

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

Same. I believe Taiko wasn't meant to be played that way. He gets a huge advantage over other players (he plays with 1,18x while the others play with 1x), which is why I consider it cheating, too.
Hakurei Reimu
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/66441
#1 HR+FL+DT in easy SS
#2 HR+FL in normal SS

only just one time?

Teras

SuperMaay wrote:

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

Same. I believe Taiko wasn't meant to be played that way. He gets a huge advantage over other players (he plays with 1,18x while the others play with 1x), which is why I consider it cheating, too.
Well. All the asian players have one of those drum things that we can't use. Fair enough
Teras

a139838457 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/66441
#1 HR+FL+DT in easy SS
#2 HR+FL in normal SS

only just one time?
That's not even a strange score lmao.
Melancholy
a
maay

Teras wrote:

Well. All the asian players have one of those drum things that we can't use. Fair enough
What prevents you from getting one from playasia or such? I'd rather use a special keyboard if I were to play Taiko, though. Tatacons seem to be quite tiring...
Lunah_old

Rokodo wrote:

Cheating is defined as:
so, Moneto& co and who use the "cheat" for play in flashlight don't are cheaters (i don't say nothing about that because someone in staff asked me), they don't manipulate the osu client :0 , i think using 2 computer / monitors is unfair , or macros in taiko D: much players use it, but anyone care about ban or do other

i'm not accusing anyone, i think only, who all controlls this game need do something ..
maay
I believe they did manipulate the osu! client... from what moneto said, he made the osu! window transparent. Also, he hacked the client so he could open 2 of it, so he did manipulate osu!, after all.

But using two computers to get 1,18x multiplier for free in Taiko is just as lame imo.
dNextGen

SuperMaay wrote:

I believe they did manipulate the osu! client... from what moneto said, he made the osu! window transparent. Also, he hacked the client so he could open 2 of it, so he did manipulate osu!, after all.

But using two computers to get 1,18x multiplier for free in Taiko is just as lame imo.
the bolded sentence refers to ?_?
Rokodo

SuperMaay wrote:

he hacked the client so he could open 2 of it, so he did manipulate osu!, after all.
Uhh no.

2 clients can be opened using common sense on the same computer, no manipulation of the programming code itself, it is just an exploit of the way windows operating systems work.

Using a certain program to make one of the osu! windows transparent to play "through" it for osu! standard can be considered manipulation of the client however.

All that is done for taiko is to run the windows side by side, no manipulation. Besides, there is nothing to stop ANYONE recording an autoplay video and playing alongside that in a media player.
maay
What's your point? The client was manipulated, after all.

dNextGen wrote:

the bolded sentence refers to ?_?
To the ones who use two computers to use Hidden + Flashlight at Taiko. They use one computer with offline + no mods and the other one with the desired account and hidden + flashlight mods. Then they just press enter at the same time on both computers and just play on the hidden + flashlight computer's keyboard while looking at the monitor that has no mods.

It works pretty much like that, I guess. The only disvantage on this is that your offset will go off a bit.
dNextGen

SuperMaay wrote:

What's your point? The client was manipulated, after all.

To the ones who use two computers to use Hidden + Flashlight at Taiko. They use one computer with offline + no mods and the other one with the desired account and hidden + flashlight mods. Then they just press enter at the same time on both computers and just play on the hidden + flashlight computer's keyboard while looking at the monitor that has no mods.

It works pretty much like that, I guess. The only disvantage on this is that your offset will go off a bit.
you never fail to amuse me
maay
thanks

pieguyn

Rokodo wrote:

Cheating is defined as:

I have done neither of these things.
Er.... lol

What you're doing may not be listed here, but seriously? Something like that obviously gives you an unfair advantage and kills the point of using hidden+flashlight in the first place, thus it shouldn't even need to be listed there (in my opinion at least)
maay
Yeah, I still don't get how it is allowed...

Should what he does be allowed, let it benefit all of the players and not only the ones who can afford a second computer - get rid of hidden and flashlight mods in Taiko and increase the base score multiplier from 1,00 to 1,18x. Lol.
Rokodo
The client is not being manipulated. Making a copy of the client to play on the same computer, reading notes off the second client window, is not manipulation.

It can be considered the same as writing the notes down on a sheet of paper and playing off that, such as a pianist would play.

This is why I am saying that you cannot define this as cheating, it is merely a tactic.

You can't discriminate against people for having some common sense.
Orkel

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

It's a loophole in the current definition of cheating, which makes it TECHNICALLY perfectly fine, but MORALLY it is wrong and should be disallowed.
deadbeat
until you show where in the rules is says you CAN'T use a second monitor/computer, its not cheating
Rokodo

Orkel wrote:

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

It's a loophole in the current definition of cheating, which makes it TECHNICALLY perfectly fine, but MORALLY it is wrong and should be disallowed.
At least I'm admitting I have used 2 program copies in the past for this. Think of the people who don't.
Who is the worst here?

Please grow a pair.
deepsea
So we are comparing who is lame and who is lamer here?

Please no.

The topic wrote:

"This score doesn't look right" Thread
Discussing of definition of cheating isn't nothing relate to the topic so I won't stop this atm.
But please don't go out of topic.

Nothing direct to anyone, just a reminder. have fun guys.
Alace
this story told us
if you want to be #1
make more money
KRZY

Alace wrote:

this story told us
if you want to be #1
make more money

Alace wins.
Zekira
Or you know just memorize it :P

Rotter ftw
Orkel

Rokodo wrote:

At least I'm admitting I have used 2 program copies in the past for this. Think of the people who don't.
Who is the worst here?

Please grow a pair.
Are you seriously telling me to grow a pair because I'm complaining about an unfair advantage? Get off your high horse and realize that what you're doing is utterly unfair to anyone who plays the game normally. You will get flak for it from real players who use skill to hidden or flashlight and not double programs. You admit it, yes, that is good but doesn't make it any less lame. I'm not able to stop you due to not being peppy, but someday I'm sure the rules will change.

deepsea wrote:

So we are comparing who is lame and who is lamer here?

Please no.

The topic wrote:

"This score doesn't look right" Thread
Discussing of definition of cheating isn't nothing relate to the topic so I won't stop this atm.
But please don't go out of topic.

Nothing direct to anyone, just a reminder. have fun guys.
yea I'll stop for now, got better stuff to do than point out unfair shit, if this is what the devs want their game to have then so be it
VelperK
Claudia_old
uhm maybe i'm being stupid because it's 22:00, but what are we supposed to be looking at?
Firo Prochainezo

E-Hooker wrote:

uhm maybe i'm being stupid because it's 22:00, but what are we supposed to be looking at?
The AgainFlyingKid user might be a hacker. He's only lvl 3 and he SS an Insane CTB map.
Lybydose

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

He's only lvl 3 and he SS an Insane CTB map.
osu! level =/= CTB level
Firo Prochainezo

Lybydose wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

He's only lvl 3 and he SS an Insane CTB map.
osu! level =/= CTB level
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

58 lvl uh. Nothing suspicious then.
maay

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Nothing suspicious then.
are you kidding

That guy joined 2 weeks ago. So far only 4 people have managed to FC that map, while 3 of them are inside the top 5 and considered to be among the best players. I haven't watched the replay but the map's quite popular so judging by the score list I'd say it's hard as fuck. That guy's just probably a multi...
KRZY

dNextGen wrote:

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Guys, please, stop making multiaccount reports on this thread.

This thread is to report bugged/suspicious scores on maps, not for saying X guy has a multiaccount. If you want to report a possible multiaccount, contact with a moderator.

Thanks.
dNextGen

Beuchi-chan wrote:

"This score doesn't look right"
"This score
score
Guys, please, stop making multiaccount reports on this thread.

This thread is to report bugged/suspicious scores on maps, not for saying X guy has a multiaccount. If you want to report a possible multiaccount, contact with a moderator.

Thanks.
Zekira
Open a new sticky thread titled ["This guy is a cheater" Thread]? :P
KRZY

Zekira wrote:

Open a new sticky thread titled ["This guy is a cheater" Thread]? :P

inb4 thread gets locked within a week due to flaming
Lunah_old
a war .. rofl
Claudia_old

SuperMaay wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Nothing suspicious then.
are you kidding

That guy joined 2 weeks ago. So far only 4 people have managed to FC that map, while 3 of them are inside the top 5 and considered to be among the best players. I haven't watched the replay but the map's quite popular so judging by the score list I'd say it's hard as fuck. That guy's just probably a multi...
it's a bit of a stretch sure, but i've been playing CtB for about that time and I can FC some hard maps.

so idk, derp.

prolly one of those nolifing koreans or something
KRZY

E-Hooker wrote:

prolly one of those nolifing koreans or something
Watch your mouth, buddy.
show more