forum

"This score doesn't look right" Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
If you find a score or replay which seems odd (by a large amount) report it in here. I'll try and look through all of these personally, but it would be good if those knowledgeable in the flaws of replays and signs of foul play could help out that would be great.
Zatoichi
>Manipulating exploits in a rhythm game.

machol30
My replay for Devour [Insane]. It says I get a slider break, but I really didn't.
There were a lot of other replays, I think, like that. I can't remember which ones.
Card N'FoRcE
Kai's replays in I Believe (http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&s=1149), both "Ultra Violence" and "NIGHTMARE".
Mouse movements are not right, maybe that happened because of the re-ranking.
fdtoonsman
Some of the top replays on the Loituma [SPINNER-MADNESS] are screwed up for some reason. Some of them show the person failing the spinner or something but says they have 200,000+ points. o_O
Ekaru
^Guys, he isn't really talking about broken replays (those are often bugs), he's talking about scores that either involve cheating, or involve unrealistic spinning .

Okay, let's see...

Ootsuki Kenji Hitotoshite Jiku Ga Bureteiru [Easy]

Just watch the #1 replay, not to mention look at the scores. #2 and below already have insane spinner bonuses, BUT they're humanly possible (just really, really difficult). Now, #1 got 40K or so more of spin bonuses (not to mention #2 SS'd it, he got 2 100's, and both weren't using any mods), not to mention the replay comes up with around 112K when his score is 190K.

Suara - Musouka [Easy]

So like, the same thing and all. Now, people below him used mods, for one. He didn't. Okay, he did better accuracy-wise, but 260K to 247K and below is a pretty decent margin on Easy, and again, the people below #1 got insane spin bonuses (like, 20K above me in score worth, even with the same or less multiplier and more 100s...but I got 6th this time. XD).

Again, his replay comes waaaaaay off by the end. It shows him spinning a lot slower than he should have in order to get those insane bonuses. >_>;

Either way, I think those scores are overspun. You can check for yourself if you want. =P

EDIT: Oh, it's the same guy. And what I was getting at was how insane his bonuses were, even though the replays showed him spinning at the speed I usually spin at. Yeah really.

EDIT2:

Allegro Cantabile (Easy)-

Okay, this guy didn't do well, with no mods, and got... #1. People below him used mods, did much better, ect. Yet, he got #1, yet he didn't get good scores (100: 10 | 50: 5, which isn't good at all on this map, especially without mods). This doesn't normally happen, so I think something's wonky here. XP
Slain087
Coldplay - Lost! [Easy]
The dude in first used no mods, had a C rank, and is 60000 points above 2nd (an S rank, unmodded). The 30 100s don't seem to help either. Second place has an average of about 8000 in the spinner department. In the best case scenario (where the only difference between the two is the spinner scores, which obviously does not apply to this score), that would mean that he had gotten an average of 25000 on the spinners, if I did the math right.
Rolled

Slain087 wrote:

Coldplay - Lost! [Easy]
The dude in first used no mods, had a C rank, and is 60000 points above 2nd (an S rank, unmodded). The 30 100s don't seem to help either. Second place has an average of about 8000 in the spinner department. In the best case scenario (where the only difference between the two is the spinner scores, which obviously does not apply to this score), that would mean that he had gotten an average of 25000 on the spinners, if I did the math right.
It's also a round 420k. Cheatengine, or something?
ThePassingShadow
Spinner hacks on Super Mario Bros. (TECHNO remix) [Easy]...

Number one score. Hinyat.

I could sometimes spin over 1000rpm, but that was with the old rpm counter...

Plus, my mouse wasn't directly in the centre like that.
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
?

Card N'FoRcE
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ZZT the Fifth
Even with the flashlight mod, is this possible...?

Saturos
Nothing wrong with that score, ZZT. Just multipliers in action. He still combo'd the entire song, but probably missed the last 3, so the score is completely believable. A complete FC would have been worth around 2.65mil.
Cyclone
lukewarmholiday
omg this score doesn't look right,

oh wait I'm just awesome(my19082317kjsdakfhdfiuyewiagfaiu3949 looks a little odd but he couldn't dethrone my awesome so :P)

Pokebis
I know this is because the map changed, but ID Software - I Believe [NIGHTMARE!!] Kai replay is lulzy if you watch it.
Nya_old

Search the error.
Saturos
adam2046
#3 and #4 universal dance [easy]

show more