hellooh and look at my reply for mir just in case you have similar stuff then i have a final reply
there is still quite some room for improvement before it gets ranked imo.
00:01:127 (2) - even though it's 1/1, having this big jump in calm part feels a bit odd. you'd be better off making it a smaller spacing since the song here is very calm distance adjusted a little, but it wasnt really that significant
00:04:770 (4,5,1) - this is weird. you've switched instruments (to vocals from piano) but the slider is supposed to be in the same pattern as the piano 3/4 stuff?
additionally, having the first note of a fairly loud piano triple be unclickable is kinda meh imo. you'd be better off making it a 3/4 slider then a triple, or a bunch of circles, then you can play all 3 piano notes properly. pardon my way of interpreting a song, well i could make it like this
additionally can you line up 4 5 1 lmao l m a o
00:07:127 (1,2,3,1) - this is also strange, you use 3 different rhythms for 1/1 vocals, creating odd rhythm gaps that vary despite the song being the exact same... and aside from that, the sliders don't really work together well. what i mean, is that 00:07:127 (1,2) - looks kinda disconnected to me. making a pattern out of all 3 would look a bit better / more organized imo. made it the same with first verse so fixed
00:13:341 (5) - this should be on the blue tick before, the double rhythm is much much much more obvious in the song than whatever this red tick is on
00:14:841 (4) - same here, clear note on the blue ticks that just get completely ignored ye, i now follow karen's beat in this parts
00:26:412 (2,4,5) - doesn't ctrl g make more sense for what the vocals are doing? ok
00:28:341 (3,4) - why u have vocal on slider end and click on something random then another vocal on slider end?
if it's to follow that background instrument, you should put slider at 00:26:627 (3) - 00:29:412 (1,2) - etc to follow it for the entire section ill make it same as first verse
00:31:127 (1,2,3) - 3/4 rhythm in the piano here is the most clear, you should map that like you did at 00:05:412 (1,2,3) - anyway ye
00:35:627 (3) - this extended slider is not good imo. the vocal ends on the red tick, and there is a guitar thing that you were skipping vocal rhythm to follow at the white tick too. fix
basically this entire section the rhythm is kinda jumbled between what youre trying to follow lol sorry, ill see what i can do
00:39:698 (1,2,3,4) - uhh why not sliders here since there's literally nothing on the red ticks? ok
00:41:198 - vocal start is completely skipped? you should map it ok
you put an offbeat vocal slider at 00:41:627 - but then didnt map the stronger, also offbeat vocal following it at 00:42:055 (3) - with a slider? fix
00:43:341 (2,3) - more 3/4 that is completely ignored fix
01:01:984 (1,2,3,4) - dude... this is really clear 3/4 rhythm, but you mapped it all as 1/2. this makes no sense. ill follow karen's (and or ill check mir's mod)
01:03:591 - a triple here going into the finish would make more sense ill see what i can do
01:04:127 (2,3,4) - having all these vocals with emphasis on slider ends is also kinda sad =( tbh i dont see a problem
01:10:555 (1) - it has a finish right? so it should have some kind of spacing emphasis imo. maybe
01:12:912 (4,5,6) - why is this spacing so high when only 01:12:912 (4) - has the stronger vocal? the pattern should be readjusted where 4 has higher spacing than surrounding stuff i try to adjust
01:16:984 (8) - rip offbeat vocal ???
anyway yeah the top diff needs work...
unrelated but shouldnt the preferred romanization be touyama nao (thats what i always see on #highlight when someone ranks a touyama nao song lol) uhmmmmm http://toyamanao.com/index.html
Hello I seem to have caught wind of this map.
Let's talk about the kiai rhythm in the topdiff since that's what stood out to me the most.
For reference: you mapped 3/4 rhythm as one of the first things in the map 00:03:698 (1,2,3) - but in the kiai you never used this ever again.
- 00:53:412 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - For most of the kiai it seems you will be following vocals which is cool and fine, but I honestly think that you shouldn't ignore the 3/4 rhythm that happens pretty much all over. 00:55:448 - gets ignored despite being part of the vocal, which is kinda not making sense considering you could have done 00:53:412 (1,2,3) - but here there's no vocal on the 2 and you seem to be covering that drum. That drum is also present on 00:55:448 - so I'm confused as to why you didn't decide to map that one especially since it's much stronger than the previous. yea i see what you mean
- 00:55:555 (2,3,4) - This doesn't follow vocals anymore, this rhythm switch is really awkward when the previous pattern followed the vocals and this one doesn't when the vocals are still clearly here. Vocal on 00:56:198 - is a slider-end which takes away emphasis from clicking, and 00:55:770 - is also covered with a slider end. i understand, it seems like karen's rhythm choice is best for this, ill follow it with but with a bit of how i want to map it
- 00:57:270 (2,3,4) - Then this kinda feels strange because your hitsounding and the song both tell me these should both be clickable, but they're not. Instead you put a triple afterwards for.. what reason exactly? If there's any 1/4 here it's on 00:57:805 - and that gets skipped, which would make more sense than 00:57:698 (4,5,6) - wherein the 5 actually doesn't hit anything prominent in the song. 00:58:127 (6) - This one as well being mapped as one slider over two unique sounds is very weird. ok i fixed but idk about my note placements lol
- 00:58:555 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - Again here you've switched back to vocals which is fine but then that whole pattern before makes me go ??? because if your main focus is vocals you didn't map the vocals in focus at all for 00:55:127 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - and that looks like a major rhythmic oversight. fix from before
- 01:01:984 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This just ignores the 3/4 main rhythm of the song entirely which could work if you used triples or something but considering the only triple starts on a red 01:02:627 (4,5,6) - wherein the vocal is also held it doesn't work as well. 01:02:198 (2,3) - Should be a triple as well in order to keep the 3/4 rhythm somewhat in focus but skipped over in favor of simplicity (which I don't really agree with but seems you were going for that anyways) fixed from nao's mod
- 01:03:270 (9,1) - Skipping a lot of what was mapped before as well 00:56:412 (5,6,1) - here 9 was 2 circles but now it's just one slider. Two circles worked better for the distinct vocals imo. fix
- 01:04:877 - Again skipping a drum that doesn't exist on 01:05:305 (7) - so that again puts question into my head of why did you ignore the drum but overmap a blue tick where there is no drum? 01:05:734 - Same here, also gets skipped. sorry, tbh rhythm is my weakest point
- 01:05:412 (1,2,3) - Ignores also a lot of the vocals with 01:05:841 (2) - which is two distinct sounds but not mapped as two distinct circles for some reason.
- 01:06:377 - Also here has a sound on it but was skipped and actually sounds like a triple before the stream, so 01:06:270 (3) - could be either a reverse slider/triple to fix this. fix
- 01:07:984 (3) - This again could be another triple because of the sound on 01:08:091 - or at least a reverse slider so that you merge both rhythms together. changed some parts
- 01:09:055 (2) - Again not mapping the 3/4, triple/reverse slider could be used. 01:09:162 - I much prefer a triple though since it makes everything clickable.
- 01:10:127 (9) - Again could be two circles etc etc. This stuff just repeats all over the place so let's not make too big a wall.
Essentially Nao pointed out what I was about to when he modded the beginning up till the kiai but here's my take on why I would have popped this if he didn't first.
I hope you consider that 3/4 is one of the most prominent rhythms in the song yet the kiai ignores it constantly, killing the uniqueness of the song outright. I really don't think it's fit for rank in its current state.
ok thanks for mod and clarification, ill just polish some stuff then