forum

osu! sings! - BAD APPLE

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Hello! Some of you might know me as one of the two people who started the osu! singing collaboration, but now I'd like to hear your singing voices in its pure, unedited, obviously un-Autotune'd state.

Welcome to osu! sings!

Unlike the singing collabs, everyone is welcome to enter! No auditions necessary! No mentors to actually criticize you on your ability to sing! All you need is a decent microphone, a quiet place to sing in, and your computer to guide you while you sing.

----------------------------------------

As for our very first song, how about we go for the song in the most popular beatmap on osu!? That's right, this time, we are singing BAD APPLE!

Everyone who wish to participate must use this video as their guide (Link if not working):

No recording program? Audacity is a free program that lets you record your voice, as well as other features you won't be needing! You can use that program or opt to search for another, but if you do go for the former you will have to download lame_enc.dll (sadly, I cannot provide you a link to a direct download, so you'll have to search for yourself).
Not sure how to save your lovely voice? Just save it in mp3 format. 192 kbps or higher audio bitrate preferred! Also, make sure your voice is the only thing recorded (or at least background noise is suppressed)!
How do you send it? Upload it to upppy! and send me a PM with the link to your file!
When will the current project end? If I think there are no more participants joining in. Don't worry; I'll make sure to force blackmail coerce people into joining before that ever happens!
Anything else? Have fun! I will start compiling all the recordings once interest starts to wane, and will post it as an audio file. Maybe even put it in a video if I feel like it!
Randy96
[youtube]8j0fArX1_TE[/youtube]

:P
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Randy96 wrote:

[youtube]8j0fArX1_TE[/youtube]

:P
Thanks for the correction.
dNextGen
sounds fun
Vext_old
It would be Bad Apple wouldn't it...
OzzyOzrock
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

osu!osu! CHORUS
UnderminE

OzzyOzrock wrote:

osu!osu! CHORUS
theowest
oh god.

Teta is so going to do this. :v
8-) 8-) 8-) :oops:
Sleep Powder
I'll do it for fun.
Hamuko
Cool thing is I sang it and suddenly my mic got full of static.
So I am going to try again.
Tomorrow.
Neo@lex
Fuckin' tohuse
Shellghost
I would sing, but pronouncing Japanese at this pace just makes me mumble.
Krisom
Will try to get my brother's mic for this, and practice the lyrics since I suck at reading romaji.
Raging Bull
I see. We're the new NicoNicoChorus huh? :L
Dai
seems like kinda fun
Cuddlebun
obligatory old link: http://up.ppy.sh/files/goddamnthejapanesepeople.mp3

so no I will not be joining this time
cocoaperson
For anybody who cares for some sheet music, I made a .pdf with the vocal line and lyrics (kana and romaji), attached.
Edit: there was an mistake in the romaji on the last page ("ki" instead of "ke"), uploaded a fixed version

Download: Bad Apple.pdf
Lilac
I REALLY WANTED TO SING THE GERMAN VERSION THOUGH...

T_T
Wojjan

Cuddlebun wrote:

obligatory old link: http://up.ppy.sh/files/goddamnthejapanesepeople.mp3
this better be in the final version

or else I'm going to lock your thread.
D33d

cocoaperson wrote:

For anybody who cares for some sheet music, I made a .pdf with the vocal line and lyrics (kana and romaji), attached.
Jesus wept. Sightreading music's easy peasy, but reading silly Japanese lyrics?

SPOILER
Challenge accepted.

Good of you to knock that up.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Lots of interested people in. This will be fun, I can't imagine the result :3

If you do have any song suggestions for future projects, don't hesitate to post here in the thread.
Jarby

cocoaperson wrote:

Okay, this actually makes it a lot easier for me now, I'm in.
Hamuko

vytalibus wrote:

Lots of interested people in. This will be fun, I can't imagine the result :3

If you do have any song suggestions for future projects, don't hesitate to post here in the thread.
Both Nichijou OPs.
adam2046

vytalibus wrote:

Toeto.
Daru
alvisto
Neo@lex

vytalibus wrote:

This.
Hamuko
ampzz

vytalibus wrote:

Mischievous Function looped for 10 hours straight with video doing the head bob.
Hamuko
Randy96
oh yes lol
OzzyOzrock
Is puush ok? http://puu.sh/4qux

I did it wrong.
Ken Doll
is there a deadline? i'll try, but first, i have to find the ol' rockband mic....
Lizzehb
Someone remind me to do this when I'm not half asleep.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Neo@lex wrote:

vytalibus wrote:

This.
WHYCAN'TIHOLDALLTHESEORGASMS.jpg

neo@lex, alvisto, Teta and OzzyOzrock have submitted their lovely car-e-yo-key already. No rush though; we have lots of participants and I'm fine with waiting for everyone's entries (of course, I won't prolong it if it'll be impossible to get them all).
UnderminE

alvisto wrote:

http://up.ppy.sh/files/badapplealvisto.mp3
omg I love you.
alvisto
Why don't we sing Baby Cruising Love for the next one ? Peppy can join too if he wants. xD

UnderminE wrote:

alvisto wrote:

http://up.ppy.sh/files/badapplealvisto.mp3
omg I love you.
Thanks. :lol:
LightoHK
Yay !
OsuOsu Chorus :3
Nazeko
Count me in :P
Jarby

Jarby wrote:

easier
BUT NOT EASY ENOUGH. Uh, I'm going to practice more. Goddamn the Japanese people indeed.
show more