forum

ARForest - Flashback

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kawa
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 10:24:54 PM

Artist: ARForest
Title: Flashback
Source: Arcaea
BPM: 195
Filesize: 9323kb
Play Time: 01:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.69 stars, 346 notes)
  2. Insane (5.09 stars, 494 notes)
Download: ARForest - Flashback
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Not looking for mods at the moment, thank you. The beatmap is still WIP

I don't know how to map anything lower than 4*......
jack5osu
Hi there. I'm an amateur at osu and was just scrolling through Pending beatmaps, looking for some things I could mod. I found your beatmap, and I believe that your easiest difficulty doesn't cater towards people that want to play on HalfTime. I've done some slight mods to your difficulty and even created a replay of me playing on HalfTime to go along with it. There were some changes I couldn't make because the objects you placed on the storyboard were keeping certain notes in certain places. Anyway, I've provided the download below containing the .osu and the .osr. (PS: The segment where the particles float towards the top of the screen is really taxing on my computer).

Download .osu and .osr

Topic Starter
Kawa

jack5osu wrote:

Hi there. I'm an amateur at osu and was just scrolling through Pending beatmaps, looking for some things I could mod. I found your beatmap, and I believe that your easiest difficulty doesn't cater towards people that want to play on HalfTime. I've done some slight mods to your difficulty and even created a replay of me playing on HalfTime to go along with it. There were some changes I couldn't make because the objects you placed on the storyboard were keeping certain notes in certain places. Anyway, I've provided the download below containing the .osu and the .osr. (PS: The segment where the particles float towards the top of the screen is really taxing on my computer).

Download .osu and .osr

Hey. I really appreciate the feedback but I would like to point out a few things:
  1. This beatmap is still a Work in Progress in the early stages so I'm not exactly looking for mods yet. All the difficulties are still being worked on and will probably still see some major changes in the near future. (I guess I should've added a disclaimer)
  2. The current Hard difficulty is in no way final. I have plans to remap it completely once I learn more about mapping bellow 4* because I'll admit the whole Hard difficulty right now is in a pretty bad state.
  3. In addition to the previous point, I have plans to map a Normal difficulty for a proper spread once I get more experience with those so there should be no need to play the Hard difficulty with HalfTime. A 5* Insane and a 3.6* Hard difficulty alone don't suffice for a rankable difficulty spread.
  4. I would advise against directly making changes to a beatmap difficulty and then posting the updated .osu file. Instead, it's better if you create a list of all the changes you'd suggest in the form of a mod and then let the mapper analyze and apply those suggestions using his own mapping style (I don't exactly have a strict mapping style yet but this applies everywhere). This way the mapper also gains knowledge on what to look out for in the future.
  5. When looking for ways on how to improve a beatmap when modding, you don't have to limit yourself to objects unrelated to the storyboard. Storyboarders should expect changes to the beatmaps they're working on so they should be prepared to update their storyboards accordingly, especially on maps that are still a Work in Progress.
  6. The download link you provided is broken(?). It's just a link to the Mediafire homepage.
I'll look into the part with the floating particles particles, though it ran fine on the 2 devices I tested it on.

Hopefully you found my reply helpful.
jack5osu
I understand everything you've said. The only reason I edited the .osu and created a replay was because I've spent a lot of time outside the osu! community, and coming back means I have to learn everything I know again. Here is the fixed link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bp5gjcj9dd9mu9f/Flashback_jack5osu_mod.rar
SenpaiKiseki
hi, can i make a gd?
Topic Starter
Kawa

SenpaiKiseki wrote:

hi, can i make a gd?
I'm sorry but I'm not accepting any GDs at the moment ^^; This mapset was mostly just made out of boredom and as an experiment of some sort so I have no intention of ever getting it ranked (or at least not anytime soon). That's why I believe you'd only be wasting your time making a GD for me right now and you'd be better off making a GD for someone who's attempting to push their beatmap further~
SenpaiKiseki

Kawa wrote:

SenpaiKiseki wrote:

hi, can i make a gd?
I'm sorry but I'm not accepting any GDs at the moment ^^; This mapset was mostly just made out of boredom and as an experiment of some sort so I have no intention of ever getting it ranked (or at least not anytime soon). That's why I believe you'd only be wasting your time making a GD for me right now and you'd be better off making a GD for someone who's attempting to push their beatmap further~
oh i guess i was too late, thanks anyway!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.