forum

Xi-Style G2 1.1 — (Taiko & osu!mania Supported)

posted
Total Posts
show more
octopod
Awesome theme. One of my favorite ones and always will be :D
Ekaru
I love this skin; it fixes all of my problems with the original Xi-Style! Pretty dang good. <3 I'm going to use this skin for a loooooong time.
YuiiMugii
Wait...So why do you have Xi-Style so much?
dkun
Oh god, I used Xi-Style for years.
XIAO BEST SKINNER FOREVERRRR
Cloudy
Well this is simply amazing. Good job.
tyrael6192
Xiao = God

Xiao > God
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

YuiiMugii wrote:

Wait...So why do you hate Xi-Style so much?
XS is so gaudy. No consistent design, poor typeface choice, blatant overuse of tacky effects (scanlines); the list goes on. G2 still suffers from this, because after all, it's still XS. Every time I saw a video using it all I could think of was everything I could have done better. I'm still not pleased with G2 because the original direction -- well, there wasn't really a direction -- sucked. Ultimately I just wanted to make something slightly less shitty so I don't feel as bad.

I'm never happy with anything I make. Isn't everybody like that?

tyrael6192 wrote:

Xiao = God

Xiao > God
Nah. Accuracy is on par with this, if not better for gameplay.
Uranium_old
awesooooooooooooooooooooooome!!!!!!!!!!
Ijah_old
Cookiezi - the god of the Tablet.
Doomsday - the god of the Mouse.
Bikko - the god of the Touchscreen.
Xaio - the god of Skinning. <3

I love the "Performance gauge" text effect, small and shiny!
Copter-kun
Great job as always. It does look alot better than the first Xi-style. So once again nice work. 8-)
tyrael6192

Xiao wrote:

Nah. Accuracy is on par with this...
But you say you hate this skin, so by applying that logic...

*goes to cry in the corner*

Still, Xi is the most awesome skin i've played with to date. =D
-----
Stop making awesome skins Xiao... You're making more and more other people's skinworks look like garbage...
Nah, just joking...you've done it again :)
I was a Xi-style user for 2 years, and yeah I do prefer this skin over the original :3
D33d
I'll admit that I've always thought that Xi-Style was a bit gaudy. This update looks like sex. Never stop making skins.
Wassaaaa
this skin makes me easier to play osu! is simple and elegant, thanks!
Crakila
/me bows down to his master.

Xiao. Amazing again. I have all your original skins and I love each and every single one of them. Well done again!
Lucky
Fresh!!
peppy
Hawt. After working with osu!stream I'm sick of seeing the current osu! default skin. Need to replace it with something like this :P.

Disclaimer: only seen screenshots.
rust45
This skin is awesome, but for some reason, I don't quite like this as much as the original skin.

I suppose my main complaint would be size, the size of the hitbursts is really small and I don't really like the look and makes it so I can't use this skin for modding as I might miss finding hidden notes.

And then the combo burst feels really intrusive, like it just has to make its presence known, the combo burst from the old one didn't really do that, it just appeared.

I don't know, you probably won't care about the ramblings of an old Xi skin user but those two things just make the skin unusable for me. Other than that though, I think the rest of the skin looks pretty clean and polished, in fact, I love the spinner.

EDIT: I actually forgot to mention the reverse slider, I don't think it looks that great colored the way it.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

rust45 wrote:

This skin is awesome, but for some reason, I don't quite like this as much as the original skin.

I suppose my main complaint would be size, the size of the hitbursts is really small and I don't really like the look and makes it so I can't use this skin for modding as I might miss finding hidden notes.
There's always the option of taking the original score stars and replacing them. I'm a fan of small score stars; I need to maximize readability in-game or I can't read anything. I've received far more positive reception about this change than I have negative responses.

Unfortunately, I can't give you a high quality set of larger score stars because I forgot to keep a non-rasterized version of the document. The best I can do is upscale slightly if you so desire.

And then the combo burst feels really intrusive, like it just has to make its presence known, the combo burst from the old one didn't really do that, it just appeared.
http://puu.sh/4Ebg

EDIT: I actually forgot to mention the reverse slider, I don't think it looks that great colored the way it.
Any suggestions?
D33d

peppy wrote:

Hawt. After working with osu!stream I'm sick of seeing the current osu! default skin. Need to replace it with something like this :P.

Disclaimer: only seen screenshots.
I really think that you should make the default osu! skin more stylish. Make Xiao the official skinner and pack his skins. :P

That's not to brown-nose by any means. I'm sure that Xiao has the chops for such a thing.
rust45

Xiao wrote:

I've received far more positive reception about this change than I have negative responses.
Yeah I can see that, I'm just in a small minority that likes them big for some reason. I may just take the old hitbursts and use them if they look good enough with the skin.

Xiao wrote:

http://puu.sh/4Ebg
That is actually a lot better, thank you.

Xiao wrote:

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure, I would just say make it white like most reverse arrows are. But it's your skin not mine.

Yeah, I like the skin and all, and I think I may actually import the stuff I don't like in this skin from the old one and see if it looks good.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Enlarged score stars: http://puu.sh/4GeQ

I haven't tested them myself because I can't read them. It's not super crisp, but it shouldn't be too bothersome in-game.
I changed the reverse arrow to white, as well as black. Give either a try and see if it's any better.

Hope it helps.

D33d wrote:

I really think that you should make the default osu! skin more stylish. Make Xiao the official skinner and pack his skins. :P

That's not to brown-nose by any means. I'm sure that Xiao has the chops for such a thing.
Haha, I don't know about that. osu! default has captured the heart of most people; I don't think I can top it by any means.
rust45
Oh wow, I can't believe how awesome you are. This skin is now my default over the first one.
Mimika_old
I have all of your skins Xiao I love them all~
Highslider
cool skin!
Musty
Nice

Ranked~!

there's a joke \:D/
Nilsso
Good job.
07 Ghost
Instead of SS or SSH, why not make it an X or XH like you did for me?
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

07 Ghost wrote:

Put the X for the option instead of XH. Unless you want me to put it up for you.
What?
My1_old
,ax I use this awesome one for mixing???
[Au]-[Revoir]
Awesomeness
rust45
I just now noticed that the slider ball does not reverse direction when it hits a reverse arrow. I don't think this in intentional.
My1_old

Xiao wrote:

Angst angst angst.
are you from, germany, or why are you using the german word for fear 3 times in a row???
Firo Prochainezo

My1 wrote:

Xiao wrote:

Angst angst angst.
are you from, germany, or why are you using the german word for fear 3 times in a row???
Angst is also an English word, which means dreadful feeling.
My1_old
oh, I am 1337 in english but I never heard that...
Firo Prochainezo
Really? I am pretty sure it's a really common word in the English vocabulary, but oh well.
My1_old
maybe for US people, but I hadnt this In my 9 and 1/2 years of scool
Ijah_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Really? I am pretty sure it's a really common word in the English vocabulary, but oh well.
Yeah, I hear it pretty often, never looked up what it actually meant though xD
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Taiko players need some love, too.

NEW! Taiko Add-on: http://puu.sh/cDfd

I'm starting to get interested in Taiko. Catch the Beat can still blow my ass, though.
Gon
nice bump feget (downloaded, woop woop for less kiai flash)
show more