forum

Is it worth to learn EZ mod?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyrari
If you're looking to practice reading, doing low AR is much better than EZ, playing EZ is just gonna help with playing EZ.

KAPPAYOUU wrote:

I feel like EZ mod is harder than nomod
It makes the map harder to read but that's easily solvable through lots of retries and memorization, once you pass the reading part you'll start to notice how the map's actually easier to hit and do because of lower OD and bigger circles.

repr1se wrote:

After playing EZ then your nomod/HR will have trash acc
Probably if you're not used to HR/Nomod AR but I doubt playing EZ would make you unable to read HR unless you do it too much (the same reason why there's people who can't play without HR because they never take it off).

So uh I still don't think it's worth it, but I find it pretty fun.
Fushimi Rio
not at all
Luqanted
not really worthy. i think EZ mod is just for fun lmao
Comfy Slippers
t/337594
a nice guide for aspiring ez players. Can't say it did wonders, but it def. helped me.
ManuelOsuPlayer

repr1se wrote:

EZ force you to listen the music to acc. That shouldn't make you play worst high AR If you don't use approach rate circles to acc.
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

repr1se wrote:

EZ force you to listen the music to acc. That shouldn't make you play worst high AR If you don't use approach rate circles to acc.
EZ decrease OD, so you can just mash and get 300. (Of course, if you can read it)
Caradine
i recommend to play something like ar6, ar7 on mcosu. more reasonable. you need to be strong to use ez on maps that are difficult in other aspects as well
Tensku
As a player who started playing EZ mod or low AR like 2 months ago.

It won't give you much pp of it but for me i use it for fun (fcing jumps).

When i learned it makes me happy and enjoy the game.
I was able to play Scognito - Spelunker [AR0 TROLL].

So play it if you are bored or want too enjoy game (for me atleast).
Detoxify_old
EZ is far harder than nomod on CTB and Taiko I think.

EZ is only for fun purpose, don't waste your time for just learning how to play EZ mod, lol
Blitzfrog
Define "worth"

For fun? Of course
To show off? Sure
To improve? Not really
For pp? Definitely not

The only thing EZ has helped me with is being able to read complex patterns in high AR very easily. I don't know where people get the idea that if you play EZ you will screw up high AR from, you don't, ok maybe you do for the first 3 minutes after transition.

In short, if you want to improve or gain pp? No
If you're just doing it to have fun, go for it
N0thingSpecial
Be that one guy in a multi who put on ez and do insane combo and make the entire lobby go nuts while running all caps in chat saying "HOW THE FUCK DO YJOU DO DAT U R A GOD"

In short yes
-Makishima S-

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

repr1se wrote:

Last time when i checked, everything in osu! is about listening to music and playing to rhythm...
Easy force you to read properly. OD8 + EZ = OD4. With proper reading you can mash to get 300.
EZ mode is basically all stats x 0.5.
Main problem with EZ is low AR, clusterfuck of objects due increased circle size which makes reading insane diffs a challenge.
ManuelOsuPlayer

[Taiga] wrote:

Last time when i checked, everything in osu! is about listening to music and playing to rhythm...
Easy force you to read properly. OD8 + EZ = OD4. With proper reading you can mash to get 300.
EZ mode is basically all stats x 0.5.
Main problem with EZ is low AR, clusterfuck of objects due increased circle size which makes reading insane diffs a challenge.
But the idea it's don't mash. You can mash too od10 using NoFail mod. But it's no sense. Same playing Easy. You can get tons of 300 but it's no sense if don't match with music since when you play Ez you try to enjoy music, no sense otherwise since it don't give almost PP there is no reason to mash to get x300.
-Makishima S-
But the idea it's don't mash. You can mash too od10 using NoFail mod.
Don't compare OD10 to OD5.
Don't compare 19,5ms hit window to 49,5ms hit window.
Mashing OD5 have chance to still give you high acc outcome.
Mashing OD10 have no sense at all - HP drain will kill you.
NoFail... stop using NoFail as an argument.

You can get tons of 300 but it's no sense if don't match with music since when you play Ez you try to enjoy music, no sense otherwise since it don't give almost PP there is no reason to mash to get x300.
Sry bruh, I need translation for this. Though my grammar is bad but this... i completely don't get what you want to say.

Main point is - doesn't matter what you play, how you play and with what you play - osu! is a rhythm game and mashing is not the way to do this. You are supposed to play to the rhythm. EoT.
Second point is - Easy mode is way more about reading than accuracy. A player who can SS OD8 will not have problem with acc OD5-. A player who can SS AR9 CS4 as his main playground will have problem with reading AR4.5 CS2.
tokaku
I don't get why people in this thread are saying that learning EZ isn't helpful. It definitely is. When you can sightread with EZ and go back to nomod/HR, it'll help your reading a ton. Which in turn helps your aim because your reading is better, you'll mess up less in the long run. Just look at Toy really, he played EZ a lot before he got serious with nomod and HDHR
ManuelOsuPlayer

Jolene wrote:

I don't get why people in this thread are saying that learning EZ isn't helpful. It definitely is. When you can sightread with EZ and go back to nomod/HR, it'll help your reading a ton. Which in turn helps your aim because your reading is better, you'll mess up less in the long run. Just look at Toy really, he played EZ a lot before he got serious with nomod and HDHR
Also help a lot to know where your cursor are, and to aim using rythm sense, but who cares. A.K.A. consistence.
Blitzfrog

Jolene wrote:

Not really

For how much effort you gotta put in, it's not worth it at all if you're doing it to improve. Just stick with no mod

And no, playing EZ definitely doesn't help with HR
KupcaH

Blitzfrog wrote:

Jolene wrote:

Not really

For how much effort you gotta put in, it's not worth it at all if you're doing it to improve. Just stick with no mod

And no, playing EZ definitely doesn't help with HR
Well, I think he's talking from his own experience.
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

Don't compare OD10 to OD5.
Don't compare 19,5ms hit window to 49,5ms hit window.
Mashing OD5 have chance to still give you high acc outcome.
Mashing OD10 have no sense at all - HP drain will kill you.
NoFail... stop using NoFail as an argument.
I played EZ quite recently and you can get good accuracy with 300+ URs lol. OD5 is a joke, you can even doubletap streams and SS them (if the stream is fast enough). On the other hand, I mange to die with HR if I tank a stream :^)

[Taiga] wrote:

You can get tons of 300 but it's no sense if don't match with music since when you play Ez you try to enjoy music, no sense otherwise since it don't give almost PP there is no reason to mash to get x300.
Sry bruh, I need translation for this. Though my grammar is bad but this... i completely don't get what you want to say.
"You can get lots of 300s (due to OD?), but it's nonsense if your clicking doesn't match with the rhythm. *guessing what he tried to say* EZ is worth no pp because you can mash and get good accuracy(?)" Sometimes I think my English is good...

[Taiga] wrote:

Main point is - doesn't matter what you play, how you play and with what you play - osu! is a rhythm game and mashing is not the way to do this. You are supposed to play to the rhythm. EoT.
Second point is - Easy mode is way more about reading than accuracy. A player who can SS OD8 will not have problem with acc OD5-. A player who can SS AR9 CS4 as his main playground will have problem with reading AR4.5 CS2.
HAI HAI HAI HAITAI

NINJAEDIT: OT: EZ is love man, the best way to play Irre maps :^)
Blitzfrog
He is saying that there is no point mashing to get 300s because it's not worth PP anyway
And when you mash, it's noticeable
Doesn't sound right
Disillusionz
If you like playing ez then sure it's worth it. In terms of improving at the game, no, it is not at all worth it.
I Give Up
Yes it helps a lot just like practising on any high density map. You will develop godly reading skills. But taking ez mod to high bpm starts to get kinda niche.