forum

FREE EDUCATION FOR CHILE!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hadez
At this moment, WE, the chilean people, are fighting to recover free and quality on education for our country, CHILE. The government sees education as a product and the only way to get a decent education is by paying more (a lot more), this happens at ALL level of education. In addition, people who doesn't have the money for this, have to get loans with banks, ending with a debt of twice the cost of the university career, without difference if you finished or not.

Here is a video of chilean and foreign students talking of the education, here, in Chile. (Spanish and English Subs.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRxAZabaQ0Y

We are also getting support from all over the world at the chilean embassies of different countries.

Grettings.

Hadez
VIVA CHILE MIERDA!!!!!!!
Mara
I just have to post this picture of Chile at the moment.

Topic Starter
Hadez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHgt-4-DjRk

And this is our police......

look at 0:10
Pokebis
Coming from an American student, where free education is something we pride ourselves in; free education will be wonderful for the first few years, but soon you'll see a drop in the quality of education and then people will begin hating the education system itself and will begin to not even want it.
Topic Starter
Hadez
I have an ex-classmate who is now living at USA, he says public education there is great compare to the education in Chile, and here he was on a private school, school that was actually really expensive.
Shiirn
what does posting this on an already borderline illegal rhythm gaming site do
Topic Starter
Hadez
That more people know.

You don't know who can read this, maybe someone who read this start going to the mobilizations on the different countries at the chilean embassies, maybe someone do a video with the pictures and videos of the mobilizations, maybe someone have an opinion and write it to a local media. If 1 person do something from the distance is worthy to post this here.
Ivalset
It's interesting to know, nonetheless.
Kakarotto_old
VIVA ALLENDE!
Loginer
Sleep Powder
<Loginer-fanboy> omg, I love you Loginer~!!

*cough*

I believe that free education is available in a lot of places other than school. (Free) Schools are just
one of the places where education is provided. I also think schools are one of the best places to learn
knowledge of the society (social standards, etc.) and discipline (sometimes).
mathexpert

Shiirn wrote:

borderline illegal rhythm gaming site
yay i'm not the only one that realizes this
Jarby

Pokebis wrote:

Coming from an American student, where free education is something we pride ourselves in; free education will be wonderful for the first few years, but soon you'll see a drop in the quality of education and then people will begin hating the education system itself and will begin to not even want it.
I don't really know how you came to that conclusion unless you really despise your own country's system for some reason, but I'm sure you realize the significance of the debt and problems with class differences that occur as a result of having an exclusively expensive education system. I believe that the right to an education is a pretty important thing regardless of where it comes from. Of course, compromise will need to be made to achieve that and there's no perfect way of going about it, but at the end of the day, it's better than marginalizing the educated population.
eldnl
VIVA CHILE !
Topic Starter
Hadez

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

borderline illegal rhythm gaming site
yay i'm not the only one that realizes this

fair use ftw xd
Loginer

Hadez wrote:

fair use ftw xd
theowest

Shiirn wrote:

what does posting this on an already borderline illegal rhythm gaming site do
for once. i liked what shiirn wrote.
Esupanitix
...Ponies?

Also yes, why ARE you posting this on a borderline illegal rhythm game site? Then again, this IS General Discussion.