forum

[resolved] Black screen when I open Osu!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AngelBerryCake
Problem Details:
Whenever I open Osu, open osu!repair or shift+open Osu it just comes up with a black screen. There isn't any sound, I can't click anything and only my mouse cursor shows up. Before I changed stuff using osu!repair, my game would just crash and say restart osu but it just kept crashing. After that I changed the framerate to 120fps and ticked the renderer box (I forgot what it said but I ticked it) And ever since my screen just blacks out and I have to power off my computer to get it working. I've tried changing some stuff in my osu.(username).cfg file like the custom frame limit, frame sync, and the renderer (it was missing so I added it :/) but none of it worked.

My last resort is to re-install osu (which might not even work) but if there's anything else I could try then please help!!!

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Make sure your Graphics drivers are properly installed and updates.

In your cfg file, change "CompatibilityContext" to the opposite of what it's set to currently. Make sure Shaders are 0 as well.
Topic Starter
AngelBerryCake

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Make sure your Graphics drivers are properly installed and updates.

In your cfg file, change "CompatibilityContext" to the opposite of what it's set to currently. Make sure Shaders are 0 as well.
Just tried that and it doesn't work, and I've updated all my drivers but still doesn't work :/
Topic Starter
AngelBerryCake
Yesss I've gotten it fixed! When I checked the Osu runtime logs, I found a message saying " ERROR: beatmap database read failure", so I looked it up and found this thread https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/5948238, where it says to switch the game on fallback and it will go through all your beatmaps, then you switch back to latest stable. Idk how but osu!repair started working again, so I changed my game to falback, and it actually went through all my beatmaps and I switched back to stable and it worked!!! :oops:
Dntm8kmeeatu
Basically what you did was corrupt the database even more and had it recomple. Next time, removing the osu!.db out of your osu! folder and restarting will probably do the same effect. Without the extra hassle.