Sayuri - birthday song

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Haruto

iYiyo wrote:

Both diffs:
From 00:31:592 - to 00:35:695 - looks like you're not using claps which feels kinda empty in terms of hitsounds. Please add some.

Fam:
04:32:943 - 04:33:085 - please remove the whistle on both cause it's causing a hitsound which you don't use on the kiai at all.
fixed all!!
iYiyo
Happy birthday!
Nevo
Let's consider Tianna Bartoletta's gold medal jump in the Women's Long Jump during the Rio Olympics of 2016.
Topic Starter
Haruto

Nevo wrote:

Let's consider Tianna Bartoletta's gold medal jump in the Women's Long Jump during the Rio Olympics of 2016.
agree

Happy Belated Birthday Monstrata!
Thank you to people who've modded the map and to people who have take a participation in this :oops: .
also big thanks to Nevo and YiYo for checking the map o/
ABD007
gratz Haruto ! :)
Monstrata
Wow, it got qualified! Thank you everyone for participating in this collab, and special thanks to Haruto for organizing it <3.
Maxus
Oh wow this is really nice, it's rare seeing people rank map to be dedicated for someone else's birthday, let alone on this scale.

Grats Haruto, and Happy belated birthday monstrata owo!
blueloniess
I DO LOVE THIS MAP
IT'S A MASTERPIECE
Izzywing
top diff -

I don't really know if this is worth a dq, but 04:05:632 (2) - has a storyboarded hitsound there but there's a circle with the hitsound, so it ends up playing the hitsound really loud, or worse, it'll play the hitsound twice if the player hits the circle off time.

edit, while im here,

04:12:142 - im not sure if the hitsound is a mistake, but you can actually just hitsound the sliderhead instead of putting the whisle in the storyboard. that said, it actually just sounds weird so i think its a mistake anyway.
pkhg

its full of sbd sounds lol theyre rly misleading cuz youre not hitting anything and the slider doesnt have a tick. since rc states that ticksounds are discouraged from being used i guess this is "worst" or something

that thing is supposed to be used on mania

also just by playing the intro you can notice how early the bpm is. it kinda normalizes from 00:36:544 (8) - until kiai where it matches the song accurately but everything else before that timestamp is very early

just look at this players acc meter, i experienced the same when i played it

i think thats not the only section with a wrong offset it seems

a more in depth look through timing would be nice
Topic Starter
Haruto

Hobbes2 wrote:

top diff -

I don't really know if this is worth a dq, but 04:05:632 (2) - has a storyboarded hitsound there but there's a circle with the hitsound, so it ends up playing the hitsound really loud, or worse, it'll play the hitsound twice if the player hits the circle off time.

edit, while im here,

04:12:142 - im not sure if the hitsound is a mistake, but you can actually just hitsound the sliderhead instead of putting the whisle in the storyboard. that said, it actually just sounds weird so i think its a mistake anyway.
the storyboarded hitsound were intended to fill out the blank sounds (aka the unhitsounded sound), pretty sure that i set them on a pretty low volume so it'll give a small feedback on the sb'ed hitsound parts. uh, well at least its not set on 100%. but really, 70% isnt that loud.

pkhg wrote:

its full of sbd sounds lol theyre rly misleading cuz youre not hitting anything and the slider doesnt have a tick. since rc states that ticksounds are discouraged from being used i guess this is "worst" or something

that thing is supposed to be used on mania

also just by playing the intro you can notice how early the bpm is. it kinda normalizes from 00:36:544 (8) - until kiai where it matches the song accurately but everything else before that timestamp is very early

just look at this players acc meter, i experienced the same when i played it

i think thats not the only section with a wrong offset it seems

a more in depth look through timing would be nice
like i said to hobbes, its to give a small feedback to the unhitsounded part by giving sb'ed hitsound. + they are set on a pretty low volume which imo should be fine. regardless, its not that impactful to the gameplay imo.

about timing, im 100% sure the timing is right since goldenwolf and narcissu provided me the accurate timing.
Mir
Your reply doesn't address the issue.

Sure it's 70% and it's not unrankable but there's a normal hitsound AND a storyboarded hitsound in the same spot. Which means if you hit the note off-time by even 1 ms it will play the hitsound twice and sound very weird. If you miss the note, it will play a snare as if you hit it and confuse the player.

Like... it doesn't even make sense to have the storyboarded hitsound there if there's an active note to hitsound anyways lol.
Lasse
the storyboarded hitsound were intended to fill out the blank sounds (aka the unhitsounded sound)
this doesn't address the issue at all, the timestamp hobbes mentioned is hitsounded with the same sample ON the object, with how osu handles hs, this becomes extremely loud if you hit the object properly. if you don't hit it properly hear two hitsounds which is even worse
=> 04:05:632 - storyboarded hs here should just be removed

other storyboarded hs are also pretty questionable, but I'll leave that up for discussion
-Mo-
To me it's pretty concerning if 03:53:038 this section can get away with not having SB hitsounds while 01:44:610 - 00:45:743 these sections are similar and for some reason need the SB hitsounds.

I understand some variation between the sections due it being a collab diff, but I don't feel like SB hitsounds are an appropriate solution.
Kuron-kun
Additionally to what everyone posted:

[Gift]
The spread inside the difficulty itself is really inconsistent. The beginning and, specially, the first Kiai, barely plays like something above 4,5* whereas in the other kiais you have huge jumps, huge SVs (for example: 01:52:676 (3,1,2,1,2,1) - 02:01:592 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ) that compared to the first one you have lower SV and lower jumps (for example: 00:54:233 (1,2,3,4) - ). It happens throughout the entire difficulty but it's really noticeable in the beginning.

I know this is a huge collab and such but It's not really an excuse to make things inconsistent in terms of difficulty spike. Everyone has their style but that doesn't mean they can make something really easy and then someone else makes something extremely hard for the same section.

I can't really think about anything else other than rework most of the patterns in a way that intensity feels as equal as possible between the mentioned parts. Definitely increasing the SV is a nice idea and you have a lot of spots like 00:50:554 (2,3,4) - 00:52:252 (3,4,5) - 01:06:120 (1,2,3,4) - to buff a little with some circle jumps, instead of low SV sliders.
[]

If something felt questionable, feel free mention it.
Izzywing
Yea the major issue I had wasn't that there were the SB hitsounds, it was that you had an SB hitsound at the same spot as a regular hitsounded circle.
Topic Starter
Haruto
well i gaved my reasoning why i put those sb'ed hitsounds right? is it doesnt make sense at all?

-Mo- wrote:

To me it's pretty concerning if 03:53:038 this section can get away with not having SB hitsounds while 01:44:610 - 00:45:743 these sections are similar and for some reason need the SB hitsounds.

I understand some variation between the sections due it being a collab diff, but I don't feel like SB hitsounds are an appropriate solution.
this is what i mean actually. 00:45:743 - its true that this part need the sb hitsounds to give a little feedback on the sound which isnt mapped. but since you wanted me to delete the sb hitsounds. its better to delete all rather leaving some or any to make it consistent. so anyway, problem solved. removed the sb'ed hitsounds. (next time i should have asked a qat if its safe to put sb'ed hitsounds - _ -)

Kuron-kun wrote:

Additionally to what everyone posted:

[Gift]
The spread inside the difficulty itself is really inconsistent. The beginning and, specially, the first Kiai, barely plays like something above 4,5* whereas in the other kiais you have huge jumps, huge SVs (for example: 01:52:676 (3,1,2,1,2,1) - 02:01:592 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ) that compared to the first one you have lower SV and lower jumps (for example: 00:54:233 (1,2,3,4) - ). It happens throughout the entire difficulty but it's really noticeable in the beginning.

I know this is a huge collab and such but It's not really an excuse to make things inconsistent in terms of difficulty spike. Everyone has their style but that doesn't mean they can make something really easy and then someone else makes something extremely hard for the same section.

I can't really think about anything else other than rework most of the patterns in a way that intensity feels as equal as possible between the mentioned parts. Definitely increasing the SV is a nice idea and you have a lot of spots like 00:50:554 (2,3,4) - 00:52:252 (3,4,5) - 01:06:120 (1,2,3,4) - to buff a little with some circle jumps, instead of low SV sliders.
[]

If something felt questionable, feel free mention it.
00:50:554 (2,3,4) - 00:52:252 (3,4,5) - 01:06:120 (1,2,3,4) - i think val did most of the sliderjumps to follow the vocal there, 00:50:271 (1,2,3,4) - like this one. i can feel the flow that he's following the vocal here. and here 00:51:969 (2,3,4,5) - for the drums. doesnt it make sense tho? if you want proper reasoning, i think its best to ask the actual mapper who mapped that part.

01:44:610 - imo the second kiai part that apple mapped was made for a build up along the map. which is pretty obvious why the jumps on this part is a "lil bit" huge. lemme ask apple what he thinks for his part.
pkhg
isnt players hitting notes consitently late/early enough proof of a wrong timing?

also i didnt based it only that replay. most if not all players were doing the same in the same parts and it indeed feels off
Topic Starter
Haruto

pkhg wrote:

isnt players hitting notes consitently late/early enough proof of a wrong timing?

also i didnt based it only that replay. most if not all players were doing the same in the same parts and it indeed feels off
just checked again, there are few people who said its not and said its early. but i think the correct one is indeed its off. my bad. fixed the timing. things should be just fine now and ready to go forward again.
pkhg
still too early for me
Topic Starter
Haruto

pkhg wrote:

still too early for me

for you. im pretty sure the offset is correct now. try asking others as well whether it is still late or not. cuz i've asked some people again after the offset change and they said its fine now.
iYiyo
The timing to me feels good though. Looks like issues about SB hitsounds are done so I guess we could get back to it.
pkhg

Haruto wrote:

for you. im pretty sure the offset is correct now. try asking others as well whether it is still late or not. cuz i've asked some people again after the offset change and they said its fine now.

you were also pretty sure that previous offset was correct :woke:
Topic Starter
Haruto

pkhg wrote:

Haruto wrote:

you were also pretty sure that previous offset was correct :woke:
yeah, my bad tho. i was so confident with the timing and what first person said about the timing lul
Nevo
Happy early birthday Monstrata and Naruto!
squirrelpascals
Uploaded for one birthday, qualified for another

big nyab
iMey
time +20ms
sider tick rate -
disgusted pattern

Not fun at all.
Monstrata

probably over 100 retries but i finally passed it :D
iYiyo
Submitted on May 21

Ranked on June 12
Topic Starter
Haruto
late but,

iMey wrote:

time +20ms
sider tick rate -
disgusted pattern

Not fun at all.
this map isnt made for pp btw and there is an insane diff for you to play anyway. u dont have to play the gift diff if u think the diff is bad smh.
also, the timing is NOT late nor early, it fits already :tangery:

Monstrata wrote:

holy, even i cant pass cuz handsome's part :thonk:

iYiyo wrote:

Submitted on May 21

Ranked on June 12
:thonking:
7ambda

Monstrata wrote:

how many for the handsome part alone?