forum

Invisible mode for client [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +69
show more
Haneii
Will I ever get my stars back so I can vote again? O_O

Routine automessages and toggling of notifications is a hassle.

Also this:

Shiirn wrote:

I prefer to map entirely alone, without the distractions of getting highlighted on #osu or #modhelp or receiving generic PMs. However, i'd also like to be able to chat with (certain) online friends if possible.

Support
BrightBlueInk
Huh, I"m surprised we don't have a feature like this. I don't know if I'd use it that much, but I can definitely see it being useful. I support this as long as it's not too much of a pain to implement.
James2250
As I mentioned in chat I have a feeling there is someone higher up that must have a strong objection to this (just seems strange it isn't requested every few months :P)

I am not sure how peppy feels on stuff like that but has my support. The same thing can basically be done by staying on irc and staying offline on osu but it would be more convenient to just have it this way.
dkun
Totally support.
Privacy would be great on a game like osu!.

And it would make wonders when mapping. 8-)
Kiddo-Kun
Oh look I still have a star!
....Now I don't ~
You have my support.
adam2046

Shiirn wrote:

Why hasn't anyone suggested this?
viewtopic.php?p=73063
Maraiga
Support
Topic Starter
Shiirn

adam2046 wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

Why hasn't anyone suggested this?
viewtopic.php?p=73063
I only searched back 2 years. Hah. Also, since the community is much larger and things have changed....
Shohei Ohtani
Become socially disliked like me and nobody will ever talk to you while mapping.

It works.
Mara
Supporting.
wind_ice931577
I'd prefer a feature that even mutual friends cannot view your online status.

Like sometimes you just blown up with one of your friends and do not want him to see you there?

If even mutual friends cannot see you online, it would be like MSN hidden/invisible status.

If you want some of them to know you are there, just open up a private chat.

I think this will be much better●ω●
Bass
+1
Musty
this looks a nice idea imo..
awp

Shiirn wrote:

I prefer to map entirely alone, without the distractions of getting highlighted on #osu or #modhelp or receiving generic PMs. However, i'd also like to be able to chat with (certain) online friends if possible.
You can disable highlights pretty easily. As for PMs, the only currently implemented solution to your problem is to ignore the ones you don't care about. Being able to "hide" yourself online, I believe, defeats the social environment the creator has envisioned for the game. But there's always the /ignore command if someone consistently bothers you.
Suimya
support ~
Suimya
Bump~ this one is good tbh xD
[BlinK]
Agreed and Support.
theowest
However, i'd also like to be able to chat with (certain) online friends if possible.
Should be applied to spectating too.
Winshley
I prefer to only disable chat (not receiving messages at all), but letting others see me online. :P
Kuro
I'd like to be "invisible" while mapping!
As soon as i go into to editor and start working on one of my beatmaps people choose then to pm me instead of before i started :<
Akatsuki
Supporting this! Good for practicing without any distractions!
ReVeNg3r
That's not bad idea, on skype i use it almost always.
Varetyr
^same as above, +1 for the topic.
theowest

Winshley wrote:

I prefer to only disable chat (not receiving messages at all), but letting others see me online. :P
well you do want to read the messages if you want. You can already mark yourself as /away and disable notifications and stuff.
Archangel Tirael
Hmmmm... Paranoia? Allergy on spectators? :D
No... Not support.
[Dellirium]

Archangel Tirael wrote:

No... Not support.
Say this to famous people or MATs/BATs.
HELLO, CAN U MOD MY MAP?
HIIIII, HOW R YOU??
and so on...
bomber34

[Dellirium] wrote:

Archangel Tirael wrote:

No... Not support.
Say this to famous people or MATs/BATs.
HELLO, CAN U MOD MY MAP?
HIIIII, HOW R YOU??
and so on...
yeah ... We just should use shitty modding queues as a way to get mods by *ATs
and spam #spectator rooms of famous people.
ChibiMeerkat
Definitely supporting this :)
XinCrin
Suportting this
she_old
Yes! Support!
meiikyuu

loseri wrote:

Yes! Support!
Winshley

theowest wrote:

Winshley wrote:

well you do want to read the messages if you want. You can already mark yourself as /away and disable notifications and stuff.
I also want to read non-ASCII characters, but they lags me when I'm actually playing. So I'm not sure what to do with it. :?

This is often the case when my friend sends me Japanese emoticons. If he did it just to troll me, then it actually worked. OTL

But that's besides my point. I wanted to disable chat because I wanted to be a little anti-social for a while. :P
peppy
Please use the "log out" button. This is already implemented. (you may also read this as: no i am not further implementing "invisible" options)
TLinkable

peppy wrote:

Please use the "log out" button. This is already implemented. (you may also read this as: no i am not further implementing "invisible" options)
But going invisible will still have you be connected to the server and your stats updated. Why would I want to log out to hide myself from friends who constantly sends me a request for multiplayer and not save my scores to my account? I say that it is dumb that it is an all or nothing deal, I think we need more options be made avalible to us.