forum

Bought a Bamboo Pen Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Potato
I bought a Bamboo Pen Tablet for Osu! and graphic stuff as well. Got it for 50 bucks refurbished, but read good reviews on 'em. Good buy?
Sander-Don
I saw a refurbished one for $40, but i like my intuos 3~
And I suppose it was a good buy yeah, I don't know much a refurbished items but I hear that a majority of the pros play with a Bamboo Pen Tablet~
Topic Starter
Potato

Sander-Don wrote:

I saw a refurbished one for $40, but i like my intuos 3~
And I suppose it was a good buy yeah, I don't know much a refurbished items but I hear that a majority of the pros play with a Bamboo Pen Tablet~
Thanks for the quick response!

I'm still open to hearing everyone elses two cents.
Daru
Bamboo's are great. :)

It's no Intuos, of course, but it certainly gets the job done.
Topic Starter
Potato

Daru wrote:

Bamboo's are great. :)

It's no Intuos, of course, but it certainly gets the job done.
Good to hear!
roleykatsu
I bought a Bamboo Pen and Touch Tablet. It's pretty much the same thing as the Pen tablet but it has the 4 buttons and trackpad/touch features of the Bamboo Touch. In essence, same thing. I just got it because a new pen and touch tablet was cheaper than the bamboo pen tablet itself for some reason. But oh well, freebies~

And yes, Bamboo tablets are lovely and gets the job done quite well. So you made a great purchase.
Vext_old

Roley wrote:

Bamboo tablets get the job done.
Topic Starter
Potato

Roley wrote:

I bought a Bamboo Pen and Touch Tablet. It's pretty much the same thing as the Pen tablet but it has the 4 buttons and trackpad/touch features of the Bamboo Touch. In essence, same thing. I just got it because a new pen and touch tablet was cheaper than the bamboo pen tablet itself for some reason. But oh well, freebies~

And yes, Bamboo tablets are lovely and gets the job done quite well. So you made a great purchase.
Amazon had the refurbished Pen ones for 50 bucks hence the reason why I bought it. I was still seeing the Pen and Touch for around 70 which I, being how old I am and having no source of definate income, found to be out of reach. Personally, if I want a touch pad, I'll just go use my MacBook. -Shrugs-

Either way, it's really good to hear that I made a good purchase.
Lilac
I got mine from winning the Beatmap Contest and I'm loving it soo much.

I only use it to play Insane difficulties and occasionally draw.
Topic Starter
Potato

Lilac wrote:

I only use it to play Insane difficulties and occasionally draw.
Exactly the reason why I bought mine. It's a common use (Osu and drawing) here it seems.
Nekoroll
Pretty much what Daru said. Good intro tablet and is perfect for most people who are looking into trying pen tablets since they're affordable and do the job well.

Still <3 my intuos though. ;)
Topic Starter
Potato

Nekoroll wrote:

Pretty much what Daru said. Good intro tablet and is perfect for most people who are looking into trying pen tablets since they're affordable and do the job well.

Still <3 my intuos though. ;)
Again good to hear.

If only I could have more money. I probably will buy a Intuos after I finishing upgrading my computer.
Nekoroll

Potatosiris wrote:

Again good to hear.

If only I could have more money. I probably will buy a Intuos after I finishing upgrading my computer.
XD No need to buy an intuos if you are satisfied with your Bamboo, imo.
mekadon_old
Intuos are quite expensive tbh; imo it's not really that worth it if you are only it for osu!~

Drawing might worth it, but Bamboos are still good enough~~ :)
Minty Gum
Good buy xD I bought mine brand new for about $70, and it came with some Corel art program...Seems quite fancy, but I'm not such a digital artist :P Well done, and have fun playing osu with it xD

When I first bought mine, my drawings were terrible, and I was like, "Aw...why did I spend so much money on it?" But then I discovered osu and I'm like, "Yes! It wasn't a waste!" :3
Esupanitix
I use a 12.1'' model SlimTablet. It's good for precision since I have a large screen. It's hard to get used to, but it's actually pretty damn useful once you get used to it. Just play in 640x480 Windowed and ease your way up as you get better. Eventually you'll be able to play great in fullscreen even with this gigantic tablet (Compared to other tablets).

Believe me, having a smaller tablet doesn't make you better at jumps, or make you spin faster, or do jumps better. Jumps require precision, so actually a 12.1'' tablet is BETTER than a Wacom Bamboo tablet. Also, a tablet will increase your spinning ability dramatically compared to a mouse in most cases, but it doesn't matter what size you get because you're still spinning around a centerpoint.

My point: It doesn't matter what tablet you get, as long as it's usable and at least SLIGHTLY effective.

EDIT: The inch model is how far one diagonal end of the tracking area stretches to the opposing end.