forum

[Discography] osu!chorus Project [Song list confirmed!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl
Okay, so at one point or another, you have probably heard of the Nico Nico Chorus. If you haven't, here is an example of what Nico Nico Chorus does. osu!chorus is like an osu! version of Nico Nico Chorus; a group of singers sing songs from various anime and video games. But instead of YouTube videos, we will show off our skills to the world in the form of osu! beatmaps. 'How are the ways I can get involved', you ask? Well, here are the positions I need in order for this project to work:

Singers - Obviously, I will need singers, both male and female. Each singer will a tag on a beatmap in the parts where they are singing, like the Nico Nico Chorus videos. These tags will have anime and video game characters on to represent their voice. And each singer will have two or three of them, so that they match the mood of the song. Here are two examples:

Mixers - People who are good at audio editing. I will give all of the seperate song covers from the Singers to the Mixers, and tell them which parts will have which Singers, and then the Mixers will edit the songs and put them all together.

Storyboarders and Mappers - The mappers will obviously map the songs we sing, while the storyboarders put the tags on the beatmap according to who sings at what points in the song. I will tell the storyboarders the same thing I tell the Mixers, regarding who sings at what points. I will want people who are pretty good at storyboarding and mapping.

If you want to take up one of these positions, please either send me a PM or post in this thread, along with what position you would like, and if you want to be a singer, what character you want on your singer tag, and what they are from. When I think that I have enough people for each position, I will take suggestions about what songs to cover, and make a list of all of the suggestions, along with some of my own. We will then decide which ones we all agree on, and have a final list of about twenty songs. If I get a lot of people before the deadline, the song choosing will happen sooner.

Here is the list of everyone participating in this project at the moment:

Singers:
DarkEmerl123 (Character: Inga)
GLF09 (Character: Hiraga Saito)
OzzyOzrock (Character: Konata Izumi)
Haneii (Character: Axel)
CoroQuetz (Character: Yuuno Scrya)
Vicho-kun (Character: Iori Minase)
Anonymus (Character: Sado Taro)
gorlum (Character: Battler Ushiromiya)
Mustaash (Character: Sakamoto)
Elly-chan (Character: Flandre Scarlet)

Mixers:
GLF09
Jarby

Storyboarders:
Jarby
Haneii
Zlew

Mappers:
Jarby
CoroQuetz (Taiko Difficulties)
Charles445
Haneii
Broetchen8441
DJNightmare
_Gezo_ (Taiko Difficulties)
Zelos (Standard and Taiko Difficulties)
Zlew
MMzz (Taiko Difficulties)
wowshakhov
Emdyion
Weezy
Zelos
Oh my you will have a hard road ahead of you. Good luck.
GLF09
I think this is a cool idea :)
I can mix and sing? :D

Of course, what song you have in mind to do?
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl

GLF09 wrote:

I think this is a cool idea :)
I can mix and sing? :D

Of course, what song you have in mind to do?
I am going to think of some ideas for songs when more people get involved with the project. If you don't mind, can you e-mail me some examples of your mixing, and tell me what character you would like for your singer tag? My e-mail is in the first post, by the way.
Hika
Me & my friends considered this but it actually failed because we all are busy with certain stuff (not as much me though. x:) but I wouldn't mind joining.

PERHAPS I SHOULD PULL TETA INTO THIS
OzzyOzrock
YEEEAH I'M IN AS A SINGER WOOOO

CHARACTER: KONATA IZUMI: LAST SEEN AS A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR

Did I do this wrong
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl

OzzyOzrock wrote:

YEEEAH I'M IN AS A SINGER WOOOO

CHARACTER: KONATA IZUMI: LAST SEEN AS A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR

Did I do this wrong
I am no longer going to ask the singers for examples of singing, I'm just going to go ahead and add them. So you did it right. And I'll make your singer tag thing tomorrow. ^^
Lilac
I thought of this idea once...

...It'll seem pretty easy to do but hard as hell to organise. We'll see once more people join.
Haneii
Sign me up for singer!

Character: Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

Edit:

I can storyboard and map if needed
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl
I have now updated the list of people involved, and I will start on singer tags now! If this carries on, we may be able to start coming up with the song list before October! Yay!

Also, I won't be online from 18th August - 28th August, so if you join while I am away, I will look at my messages and replies on this thread as soon as I get back!
GLF09

DarkEmerl123 wrote:

Also, I won't be online from 18th August - 28th August, so if you join while I am away, I will look at my messages and replies on this thread as soon as I get back!
Ok! Good luck
My Avatar can be: Hiraga Saito
Animation: Zero no Tsukaima

see ya~
Coro
I sent a PM to DarkEmerl123~
Also I would like to add I can map Taiko difficulties.

Oh, and I just saw that there'll be multiple tag images, so you can ignore my image preferences. Thanks!
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl

CoroQuetz wrote:

I sent a PM to DarkEmerl123~
Also I would like to add I can map Taiko difficulties.

Oh, and I just saw that there'll be multiple tag images, so you can ignore my image preferences. Thanks!
Whoops, I forgot to put you on the singer list. I made a tag with the image you gave me, and I will probably make another once I am back. And if you are wondering why I am still here when I should be away, I go in a few hours. :P
Coro
Oh in that case, can I change to Yuuno Scrya of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha? I think it'll be better than a Vocaloid =P sorry.
MGLN original series and A only, no Strikers or ferret form thanks

Also, my exam period is in early October, so I may not be immediately available after the 1st.
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl

CoroQuetz wrote:

Oh in that case, can I change to Yuuno Scrya of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha? I think it'll be better than a Vocaloid =P sorry.
MGLN original series and A only, no Strikers or ferret form thanks

Also, my exam period is in early October, so I may not be immediately available after the 1st.
Okay! I am also considering changing my character, so it's fine. And not being immediately available is fine too, because exams are way more important.

I just updated the list, and I will make the new singer tags, and show the currently made ones to everyone as soon as I get back from my vacation!
Anonymus_old
Even though I can't sing well, I like to sing. So, is there some space left for me as a singer? :D
Topic Starter
DarkEmerl

Anonymus wrote:

Even though I can't sing well, I like to sing. So, is there some space left for me as a singer? :D
Yup! There is still space. Please let me know what character you would like. ^^
Yuzeyun
TAIKO MAPPER IN

me

inb4 ppl who will yell because it will be pretty hard D:
Zelos
Ahh hell. Sign me up for mapping.
I can map both standard and taiko.
Zlew
Osu mapper and storyboarder in
MMzz

_Gezo_ wrote:

TAIKO MAPPER IN
wowshakhov
I doubt you can get enough singers fast, however I'm in as a mapper (osu! only)
Emdyion
Sign me up for mapping XD
show more