1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
owo

02:08 Itasha_S13: o/
02:08 Itasha_S13: wanna do m4m
02:08 Naoka: hmm
02:08 Naoka: im bad at mods
02:08 Naoka: and i dont really have anything worth modding
02:08 Naoka: maybe some other time :-D
02:08 Naoka: if and when i finish a map
02:09 Itasha_S13: Oke
02:09 Naoka: i can take a quick look tho if u wanna np
02:12 Itasha_S13: YEY
02:12 *Itasha_S13 is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1346180 kamome sano - 1/(40-n)]
02:14 Naoka: 00:24:693 (2) -
02:14 Naoka: make this a 1/4 slider
02:15 Naoka: 00:30:086 (2) -
02:15 Naoka: same here
02:15 Naoka: oh and here 00:27:390 (2) -
02:16 Naoka: also 00:32:446 (1,2,3,4,5) - here but also make this look a bit neater with the sliders
02:16 Itasha_S13: whats wrong with them,
02:16 Naoka: instead of having 00:24:862 (3) -
02:17 Naoka: make 00:24:693 (2) - the slider
02:17 Naoka: end on white tick
02:17 Naoka: before 00:25:199 (4) -
02:17 Naoka: repeat for the other patterns like that
02:17 Naoka: i dont think the sound that these 00:24:862 (3) - land on is strong enough to warrant its own slider
02:18 Naoka: also i think these should build up spacing with intensity 00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
02:18 Naoka: because theres this sound in the background and it builds up so you could kinda map off the intensity of that
02:18 Itasha_S13: please, do /savelog and post in thread
02:19 Itasha_S13: :ok_hand:
02:19 Naoka: ok wait at least let me finish ww
02:19 Naoka: so i can just dump the whole thing in one go
02:20 Naoka: same issue 00:47:783 (3) - i dont think a slider is needed here
02:20 Naoka: when 00:47:615 (2) - can just be 1/1 and make more sense with the song
02:21 Naoka: background sounds are mapped here 00:51:660 (3,1) - but not here 00:52:165 (5) - ?
02:21 Naoka: which makes 00:52:165 (5) - stand out among 00:51:660 (3,1,3) -
02:23 Naoka: 00:55:704 (2) - turn this into a regular note because the tail lands on a strong sound which is the start of the high pitched section 00:56:042 (4,5,6,7) - is mapped to
02:23 Naoka: ^^ like here 00:57:390 (2,3) -
02:23 Naoka: 00:57:895 (5) - end on red tick
02:24 Naoka: holy fuck this song is so long aa
02:25 Naoka: 02:09:525 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - the spacing here is unnecessary especially for the stream
02:26 Naoka: 02:12:221 (1) - this slider looks very out of place
02:27 Naoka: 02:14:075 (1,2,3) - make these sliders on noticeable sounds stand out more, they just look like the other sliders mapped to less intense sounds
02:28 Naoka: 02:35:143 (3,4) - flip these to make this pattern more comfortable
02:30 Naoka: 02:36:997 (1,2,3) - ctrl+g these three for comfort
02:31 Naoka: ok gonna stop here and play some more before i go to sleep


general: on the right track but still a bit inconsistent and i think some of the spacing is excessive
posted

Naoka wrote:

owo

02:08 Itasha_S13: o/
02:08 Itasha_S13: wanna do m4m
02:08 Naoka: hmm
02:08 Naoka: im bad at mods
02:08 Naoka: and i dont really have anything worth modding
02:08 Naoka: maybe some other time :-D
02:08 Naoka: if and when i finish a map
02:09 Itasha_S13: Oke
02:09 Naoka: i can take a quick look tho if u wanna np
02:12 Itasha_S13: YEY
02:12 *Itasha_S13 is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1346180 kamome sano - 1/(40-n)]
02:14 Naoka: 00:24:693 (2) -
02:14 Naoka: make this a 1/4 slider
02:15 Naoka: 00:30:086 (2) -
02:15 Naoka: same here
02:15 Naoka: oh and here 00:27:390 (2) -
02:16 Naoka: also 00:32:446 (1,2,3,4,5) - here but also make this look a bit neater with the sliders
02:16 Itasha_S13: whats wrong with them,
02:16 Naoka: instead of having 00:24:862 (3) -
02:17 Naoka: make 00:24:693 (2) - the slider
02:17 Naoka: end on white tick
02:17 Naoka: before 00:25:199 (4) -
02:17 Naoka: repeat for the other patterns like that
02:17 Naoka: i dont think the sound that these 00:24:862 (3) - land on is strong enough to warrant its own slider I disagree, the current rythm with them it's fine, tried the kicksliders but ehh... just no, I don't have to give any reason more than, current rythm it's okay and goes well with the song
02:18 Naoka: also i think these should build up spacing with intensity 00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Done
02:18 Naoka: because theres this sound in the background and it builds up so you could kinda map off the intensity of that
02:18 Itasha_S13: please, do /savelog and post in thread
02:19 Itasha_S13: :ok_hand:
02:19 Naoka: ok wait at least let me finish ww
02:19 Naoka: so i can just dump the whole thing in one go
02:20 Naoka: same issue 00:47:783 (3) - i dont think a slider is needed here Vocals
02:20 Naoka: when 00:47:615 (2) - can just be 1/1 and make more sense with the song Not really S:
02:21 Naoka: background sounds are mapped here 00:51:660 (3,1) - but not here 00:52:165 (5) - ? Because vocals
02:21 Naoka: which makes 00:52:165 (5) - stand out among 00:51:660 (3,1,3) - yeah, there's no vocals on 00:51:660 (3) - so making it 2 circles would not fit the song
02:23 Naoka: 00:55:704 (2) - turn this into a regular note because the tail lands on a strong sound which is the start of the high pitched section 00:56:042 (4,5,6,7) - is mapped to
02:23 Naoka: ^^ like here 00:57:390 (2,3) - Both parts of the song are different, Someone else mentioned this before, but I don't agree, because there's drums on 00:55:957 (3,4) - so I think this is the best way to make it work
02:23 Naoka: 00:57:895 (5) - end on red tick Will consider changing this if someone else points it out, there's not any sound beat or anything on the red tick so the extended slider fits better imo
02:24 Naoka: holy fuck this song is so long aa
02:25 Naoka: 02:09:525 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - the spacing here is unnecessary especially for the stream If you're talking about 02:10:873 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I want them to be the hardest? thing of the song, because I feel like they're the most powerful and intense part of the song, that clean amen with those vocals it's just like a bomb
02:26 Naoka: 02:12:221 (1) - this slider looks very out of place I think it fits the wub sound perfectly, the wub sound it's like compressed ?? at the beginning and then just dissappear gradually? (fuck my broken englando) but you get what I mean right? so this slider fits it properly
02:27 Naoka: 02:14:075 (1,2,3) - make these sliders on noticeable sounds stand out more, they just look like the other sliders mapped to less intense sounds Yeah you right, fixed
02:28 Naoka: 02:35:143 (3,4) - flip these to make this pattern more comfortable I love how this plays :<
02:30 Naoka: 02:36:997 (1,2,3) - ctrl+g these three for comfort Done owo
02:31 Naoka: ok gonna stop here and play some more before i go to sleep


general: on the right track but still a bit inconsistent and i think some of the spacing is excessive
thanks
posted
Hi
[Duel]
• 00:10:030 (3,4,5) - why are you buffing the spacing to be so enormous here? Comparing to 00:01:940 (3,4,5) - 00:04:637 (3,4,5) - it feels so weird tho
• 00:10:873 - why don't you use kick slider for 5-note stream anymore? You only use 5 circles tho
• Ok so far I can tell, you need to have a specific spacing for those triples like this 00:02:699 (7,1) - 00:05:395 (7,1) - 00:13:401 (10,11,1) - ... because they represent the clap, which are much stronger than the hihat of other 5-note stream, but you mapped them nearly all the same. That bothers me a lot, because I want to see more diversity in the map you made
• 00:53:176 (3,1) - aesthetically, they're nice, but idk if using same slidershape for 2 different sound is ok to you.
• 00:54:693 (1,2,3) - 00:56:042 (4,5,6,7) - 00:57:558 (3,4) - I'm thinking of having spacing decreased by every pattern, to express the lowering pitch better than just randomly place them or aesthetically place them. Same thing for the next patterns
• 02:06:491 (4,1,2) - This is extremely unexpected tho, as you have never introduced this kind of spacing before.
• 02:12:221 (1) - might be unrankable with those red ticks, because they make the slider slower than they actually are.
• 02:10:873 - the wubbing in this section is, well, I don't enjoy them much. It's not a section with just 1 exact sound of wub, that's why you have to express every kick sliders or yours differently depend on the wub sound. For example you can have lower spacing for lower pitch of wub, or different spacing. Ok lemme explain it more using examples.
  • • 02:12:895 (1,2) - is a straight wub with extremely high pitch, so the best way to express it is to have straight slider, with high spacing, you can choose 1 of them or have both.
    • 02:13:570 (1,2) - then there goes these, with lower pitch, but you used 2.7x spacing to map them, just because you wanna stack 02:13:738 (2) - to sliderend of 02:13:064 (2) - (or nearly stack as I can see atm) to avoid some bad overlaps happen when you put the kick sliders am I right?
    • Next one is 02:13:907 (3) - as you can see it's still a wub too, so why did you choose to have a circle here instead?
    • If you want aesthetics, I can give you some suggestions too. As for these 02:15:424 (1,2,3) - could form a triangle because the wubs sound the same, while having 02:15:929 (4,5) - somewhere else with a bit higher spacing, don't you think?

Well that's examples I wanna list out, as I really want to see a bunch of improvement for this section rather than being so random like what you're doing atm
Moving on
• 03:16:940 (1) - imo this slider is a bit too fast for such sound I feel like "taosenai yo ano tatsumaki nankai yattemo yokerenai". 03:45:086 (1) - Sv of this would be fine
• 03:32:615 (6) - stacking?
• 04:29:244 (3,1) - kinda lack of spacing emphasis imo
• 05:34:469 - this section should be lowered more in spacing. To me it's still kinda huge for such a calm section like this, as for example you still keep the 05:44:918 (3,4,5) - giant spacing for triples, which is kinda weird, if you don't want me to say that it's bad. Not just triples, but everything should be lowered in spacing.

K I think that's it
posted
hi i was promised m4m by kami
mod https://osu.ppy.sh/s/589761 pls

00:02:446 (6,7,1) - why isn’t this triple fully mapped; it stands out much more than 00:01:266 (9,10,1) -
(also these rhythms flip in the next section which imo is better)
00:38:176 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - it seems like you’re trying to follow the drums here, so i would recommend making 3 and 7 not clickable; this also helps these two patterns contrast more with 00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
00:44:581 (1,2) - the rhythm in this section is similar to the previous section (here for example), while the music becomes more intense by adding vocals; meanwhile the section starting at 01:02:109 (1) - feels much denser though it’s almost the same
01:02:615 - 01:03:120 - why are these not clickable, they usually are
01:17:530 (1,2) - nc the 2 please since it’s a white tick (also misreads)
this also goes for the other occurrences of this (including ones where the 2 is the downbeat xd)
02:01:435 (1) - this should be differentiated from the 15 snares following it
hmm even though kicksliders are played like circles, i think it’s worth checking that their flow makes sense visually (like 02:24:019 (1,2,3,4,5) - doesn’t flow well, and it doesn’t emphasize the 5 at all)
also it’s worth sticking to your concepts to help players understand the music; for example for the concept at 02:18:963 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -, keep it at 02:51:322 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -; also it’s the same sound at 02:13:570 (1,2,3) - and 02:15:424 (1,2,3) -, and using the same linear flow would be a nice way to indicate that
02:54:019 (2) - nc for downbeat
03:14:918 (5,6,7) - although 7 breaks the kick/snare pattern, this spacing still doesn’t make much sense since 6 and 7 are the same sound and intensity pretty much
03:24:862 (6,1) - random small spacing
03:49:300 (1,2,3,4) - why isn’t this two 1/1 sliders like the other three (also 04:31:098 (1,2,3,4) - which isn’t in the same place?)
04:29:749 (1) - the section starting here feels very underwhelming with spacing; it’s smaller than the last vocal section; also the note density in the second half doesn’t increase, which makes it very low compared to patterns like 03:58:233 (4,5,6,1,2,3) -
also some patterns towards the end visually look uneven, like 04:53:176 (2,3,4,5,6) - and 04:58:064 (1,2,3,4) -

pretty cool concepts, good luck!
posted

Yamicchi wrote:

Hi
[Duel]
• 00:10:030 (3,4,5) - why are you buffing the spacing to be so enormous here? Comparing to 00:01:940 (3,4,5) - 00:04:637 (3,4,5) - it feels so weird tho I think it's fine, the change is not sooo big, anyway I added a bit more spacing in the kicksliders before
• 00:10:873 - why don't you use kick slider for 5-note stream anymore? You only use 5 circles tho I stop using them from this point 00:10:873 - after that finish sound that marks a change, and thats why I used more spacing in the kicksliders
• Ok so far I can tell, you need to have a specific spacing for those triples like this 00:02:699 (7,1) - 00:05:395 (7,1) - 00:13:401 (10,11,1) - ... because they represent the clap, which are much stronger than the hihat of other 5-note stream, but you mapped them nearly all the same. That bothers me a lot, because I want to see more diversity in the map you made 00:10:873 - as I said, I mapped differently after this point, I don't want to map the whole section the same way, that would be boring since it's repetitive, and thats why I stop using kicksliders and also the reason why 00:10:030 (3,4) - plays different than the rest
• 00:53:176 (3,1) - aesthetically, they're nice, but idk if using same slidershape for 2 different sound is ok to you. changed
• 00:54:693 (1,2,3) - 00:56:042 (4,5,6,7) - 00:57:558 (3,4) - I'm thinking of having spacing decreased by every pattern, to express the lowering pitch better than just randomly place them or aesthetically place them. Same thing for the next patterns I don't feel like using different spacing for these because even if pitch is different, intensity is the same, changed their shapes instead, also every patterns plays different so I think that works
• 02:06:491 (4,1,2) - This is extremely unexpected tho, as you have never introduced this kind of spacing before. yep 01:17:530 (1,2) -
• 02:12:221 (1) - might be unrankable with those red ticks, because they make the slider slower than they actually are. This is rankable now
• 02:10:873 - the wubbing in this section is, well, I don't enjoy them much. It's not a section with just 1 exact sound of wub, that's why you have to express every kick sliders or yours differently depend on the wub sound. For example you can have lower spacing for lower pitch of wub, or different spacing. Ok lemme explain it more using examples.
  • • 02:12:895 (1,2) - is a straight wub with extremely high pitch, so the best way to express it is to have straight slider, with high spacing, you can choose 1 of them or have both.
    • 02:13:570 (1,2) - then there goes these, with lower pitch, but you used 2.7x spacing to map them, just because you wanna stack 02:13:738 (2) - to sliderend of 02:13:064 (2) - (or nearly stack as I can see atm) to avoid some bad overlaps happen when you put the kick sliders am I right?
    • Next one is 02:13:907 (3) - as you can see it's still a wub too, so why did you choose to have a circle here instead?
    • If you want aesthetics, I can give you some suggestions too. As for these 02:15:424 (1,2,3) - could form a triangle because the wubs sound the same, while having 02:15:929 (4,5) - somewhere else with a bit higher spacing, don't you think?

Well that's examples I wanna list out, as I really want to see a bunch of improvement for this section rather than being so random like what you're doing atm
Did changes in the whole section according to what you say, ok, the thing is, yeah I want aesthetics and all that stuff but my point was to make everything to play differently, not exactly.. with spacing, but how every pattern plays, now, 02:14:075 (1,2,3) - everytime this sound plays the same, using a bit less spacing the 2d time it appears 02:18:120 (1,2,3) - , 02:24:862 (1,2,3) - this time it looks slightly different considering slidershapes but they play the same way as before, and again, a triangle with less spacing 02:28:907 (1,2,3) - done with this. Now, 02:14:918 (1,2,3) - this sound will always have more spacing, I changed as you say and also I always used the same kind of visuals with straight sliders, now every pattern for every sound looks similar, also they will play equally, but different from every other pattern (done for all the patterns). I think everything is better and clear now
Moving on
• 03:16:940 (1) - imo this slider is a bit too fast for such sound I feel like "taosenai yo ano tatsumaki nankai yattemo yokerenai". 03:45:086 (1) - Sv of this would be fine Reduced sv :( I will not refuse since some people broke this slider, even tho I think it was fine because it's shape
• 03:32:615 (6) - stacking?
• 04:29:244 (3,1) - kinda lack of spacing emphasis imo Better now I guess, but I'm still trying to find a way to fit the synth sound, this may change in the future (or maybe not)
• 05:34:469 - this section should be lowered more in spacing. To me it's still kinda huge for such a calm section like this, as for example you still keep the 05:44:918 (3,4,5) - giant spacing for triples, which is kinda weird, if you don't want me to say that it's bad. Not just triples, but everything should be lowered in spacing. will do

K I think that's it
posted

vekt0r wrote:

hi i was promised m4m by kami
mod https://osu.ppy.sh/s/589761 pls

00:02:446 (6,7,1) - why isn’t this triple fully mapped; it stands out much more than 00:01:266 (9,10,1) - Just wanted different ways to play this sound (even tho is not soo loud without my hitsound which is the sample ) and I mapped it the same way before this point 00:10:873 - check the answer in the other mod, I explain it
(also these rhythms flip in the next section which imo is better)
00:38:176 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - it seems like you’re trying to follow the drums here, so i would recommend making 3 and 7 not clickable; this also helps these two patterns contrast more with 00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I like this idea but don't fit with what I want, 00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - plays different and has more spacing so it works
00:44:581 (1,2) - the rhythm in this section is similar to the previous section (here for example), while the music becomes more intense by adding vocals; meanwhile the section starting at 01:02:109 (1) - feels much denser though it’s almost the same I don't think it's a problem I just find different ways to play the same, I used a reverse here before for example 00:44:581 (1) - and I think it fits vocals, but I don't use it at 01:03:458 (1,2) - but I still feel it works, and about density, I don't think it's a problem after that wub section, which was not in before 00:44:244 -
01:02:615 - 01:03:120 - why are these not clickable, they usually are they aren't o.o
01:17:530 (1,2) - nc the 2 please since it’s a white tick (also misreads) Not a downbeat tho, I don't think the NC on the 2 will work, because it removes the followpoint and makes it look like it's a different pattern from 01:17:530 (1) - so there's a connection between 01:17:530 (1,2) - but not adding the NC, idk if I explained well but you know what I mean
this also goes for the other occurrences of this (including ones where the 2 is the downbeat xd) well yeah, but I won't add the NC because of that, I don't think it necessarily needs the NC owo
02:01:435 (1) - this should be differentiated from the 15 snares following it how exaclty? I don't get what you mean
hmm even though kicksliders are played like circles, i think it’s worth checking that their flow makes sense visually (like 02:24:019 (1,2,3,4,5) - doesn’t flow well, and it doesn’t emphasize the 5 at all) Yeah I changed this whole section according to the previous mods
also it’s worth sticking to your concepts to help players understand the music; for example for the concept at 02:18:963 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -, keep it at 02:51:322 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -; also it’s the same sound at 02:13:570 (1,2,3) - and 02:15:424 (1,2,3) -, and using the same linear flow would be a nice way to indicate that 02:51:322 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - I don't think there's a problem with this, plays similar and after playing it.. 3 times? you already know what it is, so pattern variety would not ruin the whole thing, also I just make big changes in the whole section so.. now everything makes more sense
02:54:019 (2) - nc for downbeat :ok_hand::skin-tone-5968:
03:14:918 (5,6,7) - although 7 breaks the kick/snare pattern, this spacing still doesn’t make much sense since 6 and 7 are the same sound and intensity pretty much Changed owo
03:24:862 (6,1) - random small spacing fixed
03:49:300 (1,2,3,4) - why isn’t this two 1/1 sliders like the other three (also 04:31:098 (1,2,3,4) - which isn’t in the same place?) If I change 03:49:300 (1,2,3) - into 1/1 sliders that would not fit the vocals as good as it does now, same with 04:30:929 (4,1,2,3,4,5) -
04:29:749 (1) - the section starting here feels very underwhelming with spacing; it’s smaller than the last vocal section; also the note density in the second half doesn’t increase, which makes it very low compared to patterns like 03:58:233 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - Yep, thats on porpuse, I want this section 04:29:749 - to play easier than 04:51:322 - in terms of density, spacing it's similar tho, but still, I want it easier than the next one with the kiai so it gets even more emphasized
also some patterns towards the end visually look uneven, like 04:53:176 (2,3,4,5,6) - and 04:58:064 (1,2,3,4) - Should be better now

pretty cool concepts, good luck! thanks
posted
hi~ M4M mod I'M NOOB MODDER THIS IS MY FIRST MOD SO GO EASY ON ME PLZ THANKS XD

[Duel Master]

  1. 00:10:030 (3,4,5) - I feel like this spacing for these objects here are inconsistent compared to the previous times you used kicksliders in the map (i.e 00:04:637 (3,4,5) - or 00:01:940 (3,4,5) - ). Maybe keep them the same for consistency.
  2. 00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) -, 00:14:075 (3,4,5,6,7) -, 00:15:424 (4,5,6,7,8) - , and so on; these streams could be look better imo, kinda like the ones you had earlier.
  3. 00:20:311 (1,2,3) - I feel that the spacing between 00:20:311 (1,2) - should be smaller than 00:20:648 (2,3)
  4. 00:32:446 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - This part so fun to play :D
  5. 00:37:839 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this too xD
  6. 00:46:434 (3,4,5) - I don't really like how the flow suddenly switches so sharply when there was a good circular flow going on.
  7. 00:49:974 (1,2,3) - This is uncomfortable to play because you're continuing the same flow but starting from an unexpected new location.
  8. 01:00:761 (1,2,3) - why is the spacing between 01:00:929 (2,3) - suddenly so short? should keep same spacing with 01:00:761 (1,2) - here imo.
  9. 01:19:637 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - same here as above
  10. 01:50:648 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - HOLY AMAZING SLIDERS
  11. 02:11:042 (2,3,4,6,7,8) - I feel like the spacing for these triples are over exaggerated, even though its leading up to the bass drop, maybe you could use a really fast reverse slider like this.
  12. 02:17:615 (1) - you should add circle on 02:17:615 and a slider 02:17:783 & delete 02:17:952 (2) - because the music has a distinct beat here that should be clickable imo.
  13. 02:20:817 (5) - i recommend changing this slider to a 1/2 beat slider and add a circle on 02:21:154 to emphasize the drum beat there
  14. 02:21:491 - I feel that a triple should start here
  15. 02:28:401 (1,2) - you should do this the same way you mapped 02:27:390 (2,3) - because they sound similar
  16. 02:33:373 (3,4,5,6,7) - why is the spacing here so short compared to when you mapped --> 02:22:502 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ?
  17. 02:49:637 (4,1) - same fix as 02:28:064 (4,1) -
  18. 02:54:019 (1,2,3) - same fix as 01:00:761 (1,2,3)
  19. I would recommend stopping the spinner at 03:11:210 so as to give players enough time in between the spinner and slider to react
  20. 03:15:592 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - try to keep equal spacing, 03:16:098 (1,2,3) - has bigger spacing even though its similar to 03:15:592 (1,2,3) -
  21. 03:34:469 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - sorry 4 being a spacing nazi >.< (i think you get the gist of what i'm saying so ill stop posting this recurring thing, just keep an eye out for them)
  22. For the whole Kiai, this part is where the song REALLY ramps up, i see that you have increased spacing but i feel that you should increase it EVEN MORE to emphasize kiai more. Or another alternative is to decrease spacing on other parts of the chorus where it sounds similar.


Overall, really good song, and fun beatmap too! Good luck!
posted

SkyFlame wrote:

hi~ M4M mod I'M NOOB MODDER THIS IS MY FIRST MOD SO GO EASY ON ME PLZ THANKS XD

[Duel Master]

  1. 00:10:030 (3,4,5) - I feel like this spacing for these objects here are inconsistent compared to the previous times you used kicksliders in the map (i.e 00:04:637 (3,4,5) - or 00:01:940 (3,4,5) - ). Maybe keep them the same for consistency. I already explained this in previous mods
  2. 00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) -, 00:14:075 (3,4,5,6,7) -, 00:15:424 (4,5,6,7,8) - , and so on; these streams could be look better imo, kinda like the ones you had earlier. Same for the spacing, I mapped this second half of the section a little bit different but nothing big that affects playability
  3. 00:20:311 (1,2,3) - I feel that the spacing between 00:20:311 (1,2) - should be smaller than 00:20:648 (2,3) I think these are fine since 00:20:648 (2) - has strong beat on it
  4. 00:32:446 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - This part so fun to play :D
  5. 00:37:839 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this too xD OWO
  6. 00:46:434 (3,4,5) - I don't really like how the flow suddenly switches so sharply when there was a good circular flow going on. Thats on porpuse to fit vocals, I think it does pretty well
  7. 00:49:974 (1,2,3) - This is uncomfortable to play because you're continuing the same flow but starting from an unexpected new location. Remapped
  8. 01:00:761 (1,2,3) - why is the spacing between 01:00:929 (2,3) - suddenly so short? should keep same spacing with 01:00:761 (1,2) - here imo. I think thats the best way to make emphasize on kicks, did the same at 01:19:637 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -
  9. 01:19:637 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - same here as above
  10. 01:50:648 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - HOLY AMAZING SLIDERS
  11. 02:11:042 (2,3,4,6,7,8) - I feel like the spacing for these triples are over exaggerated, even though its leading up to the bass drop, maybe you could use a really fast reverse slider like this. Using sliders would ruin the big emphasize I want to make in these drums and don't feel like sliders goes well with them, from my point of view this is like the most powerful part of the song, like.. the part that makes me love this song, with that Amen Break kicks and the vocals in the BG, wooahh
  12. 02:17:615 (1) - you should add circle on 02:17:615 and a slider 02:17:783 & delete 02:17:952 (2) - because the music has a distinct beat here that should be clickable imo. Well I agree with you, but I won't change it because the single circle at 02:17:952 (2) - makes a "stop" which mark the shift in music there
  13. 02:20:817 (5) - i recommend changing this slider to a 1/2 beat slider and add a circle on 02:21:154 to emphasize the drum beat there I think this drum sound is almost unnoticeable, not even worth making it clickable since the wub sound it's the main sound here
  14. 02:21:491 - I feel that a triple should start here I don't hear anything that should be clickable at 02:21:575 - that slider works perfectly with the wub sound to connect 02:20:817 (5,1) -
  15. 02:28:401 (1,2) - you should do this the same way you mapped 02:27:390 (2,3) - because they sound similar Actually it's the same as this 02:16:266 (1,2,3,4,1,2) -
  16. 02:33:373 (3,4,5,6,7) - why is the spacing here so short compared to when you mapped --> 02:22:502 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ? Context is different, the pitch of the sounds at 02:33:373 (3,4,5,6,7) - is low compared to the others, and here 02:33:794 - starts the next section, like the half of the whole wub section, so the low spacing works for it
  17. 02:49:637 (4,1) - same fix as 02:28:064 (4,1) -
  18. 02:54:019 (1,2,3) - same fix as 01:00:761 (1,2,3) already explained both
  19. I would recommend stopping the spinner at 03:11:210 so as to give players enough time in between the spinner and slider to react Done
  20. 03:15:592 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - try to keep equal spacing, 03:16:098 (1,2,3) - has bigger spacing even though its similar to 03:15:592 (1,2,3) - Done
  21. 03:34:469 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - sorry 4 being a spacing nazi >.< (i think you get the gist of what i'm saying so ill stop posting this recurring thing, just keep an eye out for them)
  22. For the whole Kiai, this part is where the song REALLY ramps up, i see that you have increased spacing but i feel that you should increase it EVEN MORE to emphasize kiai more. Or another alternative is to decrease spacing on other parts of the chorus where it sounds similar.
    I think it's fine as it is, not too overspaced but not underspaced, also the previous section has more sliders and overall less note density so that works perfectly


Overall, really good song, and fun beatmap too! Good luck!
posted
Duel Master:

00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) - keep the pattern on bursts, other ones before this one are probably converted from slider like 00:03:289 (3,4,5,6,7) - here, but this one seem to be DSed
00:12:137 (10,1) - and overlap it with 00:12:137 (10) - on 00:11:547 (6) - , not 00:12:221 (1) -
00:12:727 (4,5,6,7,8) - same stuff
and there are more, that without any reason changed and it's easy to see, so make it consistent
00:25:367 (5) - maybe keep the pattern as two sliders before and overlap it on slider end of 00:24:862 (3) - ? (you also did it here 00:30:592 (4,5) - )
00:46:940 (5,1) - placement between those two is pretty boring, maybe something like this: 00:46:772 (4) - place it on 00:46:266 (2) - , ctrl+j this 00:46:940 (5) - and place it on slider end of 00:45:929 (1) -
01:00:929 (2,3) - I think I would prefer have them overlapped
01:01:435 (2,3) - same here
01:05:817 (5) - keep slider pattern, theres no change in song I think
01:19:806 (2,3) - as before
01:20:311 (2,3) - but up to you
01:34:806 (2,3,4) - unnecessary overlaps, they look kinda ugly especially thats a slow part
01:43:064 (2) - make here reverse slider on the same place as this one 01:42:558 (1) - (just copy it) and after those two put two circles overlapped on place of 01:43:064 (2) - like this
then there's a wub part thats seems okay but I wont mod it since i dont like wubwub maps
03:46:603 (1) - just for aesthetics, put a white dot in the middle of red dot and slider end to the bottom
03:47:952 (1) - same but up
05:33:457 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I think it's slightly fu**ed, at least ctrl+j 05:33:794 (1,2,3,4) - it and rotate by 15 and "blanket it"

can't find anything more, its well mapped, so gl!
posted

-NeBu- wrote:

Duel Master:

00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) - keep the pattern on bursts, other ones before this one are probably converted from slider like 00:03:289 (3,4,5,6,7) - here, but this one seem to be DSed owo actually they all converted from slider, just different shapes
00:12:137 (10,1) - and overlap it with 00:12:137 (10) - on 00:11:547 (6) - , not 00:12:221 (1) - what do you mean? it's correctly overlapped, not perfect because stack leniency..
00:12:727 (4,5,6,7,8) - same stuff
and there are more, that without any reason changed and it's easy to see, so make it consistent nothing affects playability, they pretty similar, won't make everything the same this whole section that would be boring
00:25:367 (5) - maybe keep the pattern as two sliders before and overlap it on slider end of 00:24:862 (3) - ? (you also did it here 00:30:592 (4,5) - ) that would ruin it's current pattern, consider variety, and once again, nothing thats affects playability
00:46:940 (5,1) - placement between those two is pretty boring, maybe something like this: 00:46:772 (4) - place it on 00:46:266 (2) - , ctrl+j this 00:46:940 (5) - and place it on slider end of 00:45:929 (1) - I like this idea tbh, but it doesn't go with what I want, I feel like both 00:46:940 (5,1) - should play the same way because it fits vocals perfectly, making the change of flow on 00:46:772 (4,5) -
01:00:929 (2,3) - I think I would prefer have them overlapped Moved this a little bit
01:01:435 (2,3) - same here
01:05:817 (5) - keep slider pattern, theres no change in song I think There is, 01:04:806 (1,3) - don't have vocals on it but 01:05:817 (5) - has
01:19:806 (2,3) - as before
01:20:311 (2,3) - but up to you Yeah I think this one is fine
01:34:806 (2,3,4) - unnecessary overlaps, they look kinda ugly especially thats a slow part I agree but otherway spacing would be affected, overlap is inevitable
01:43:064 (2) - make here reverse slider on the same place as this one 01:42:558 (1) - (just copy it) and after those two put two circles overlapped on place of 01:43:064 (2) - like this I don't like rythm choice if 01:43:064 (2) - was a reverse slider like the first one
then there's a wub part thats seems okay but I wont mod it since i dont like wubwub maps
03:46:603 (1) - just for aesthetics, put a white dot in the middle of red dot and slider end to the bottom
03:47:952 (1) - same but up
05:33:457 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I think it's slightly fu**ed, at least ctrl+j 05:33:794 (1,2,3,4) - it and rotate by 15 and "blanket it" Ok, this one played perfectly before so I want to be sure this works better, after some testplays I will decide if to keep or to revert the change

can't find anything more, its well mapped, so gl!
thanks
posted
Hello!

00:20:817 - I know youre trying to focus more on the stronger beat here, but seeing as youve been focusing so much on the weaker beats (the streams) I would just keep doing it in here too.
00:38:682 (5) - I would give these two objects a more distinct pattern to set them apart from the pattern. Same in 00:40:030 (5) -
01:24:525 - Due to the strength of beat here, Ill advice more to have an object here, rather than an slider end.
01:47:952 (1,2,3,4) - - I kinda expected slider to increase velocity in here too. Maybe make the increase in 01:45:255 (1,2,3,4) - smaller, so instead of +.10x, do +.05x, and then in this section also do +.05x
01:50:648 (1) - I would end slider in 01:51:828 - and then add notes at 01:52:502 - 01:53:008 - 01:53:176 - . Up to you really.
01:53:345 (1) - Same as 01:50:648 (1) -
01:57:221 (1) - I would end at 01:57:895 - and add note at 01:58:401 - AND MAYBE, a big maybe at 01:58:570 - too
04:36:491 (1) - I would move it further away from previous object

Thats it from me!

Just remember, they are just suggestions of things that I would do, and I am a noob mapper, so feel free to reject anything!

Good luck!
posted
o/ M4M with this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/638443

-nice hitsounding uwu

-if this is going for ranked its going to need a lot of polishing

00:01:940 (3,4,5) - this in a straight line plays awkwardly imo, maybe change it like this:


00:04:637 (3,4,5) - this is a bit better but still feels not that great to play

00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) - small nitpick but curved streams look a lot better

00:13:233 (9,10,11,1,2) - this would flow a lot better if placed like this because the straight line here feels weird to play 00:13:233 (9,10,11,1) - :


00:21:322 (2,3,4,1) - making this a stream sounds better imo

00:21:660 (1,2,3,4,5) - this repeating pattern that you use a lot because the music repeats would sound better if you make the fist slider two notes (00:21:660 (1) - ) same with 00:24:356 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:27:053 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:29:749 (1,2,3,4,5) - ect....

00:38:176 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - jump spacings should get progressively larger as the buildup builds up, so 00:39:019 (7) - and 00:40:367 (7) - feel out of place

00:47:783 (3) - 00:49:131 (3) - sometimes you overlap notes and sometimes you stack them, try not to do both in one section

00:54:862 (2) - Ctrl-G would make this flow better, then make it look like this:


00:56:210 (5) - 00:56:547 (7) - Ctrl-G these too for better flow

00:57:558 (3,4) - any reason for different shapes than the other 1/4 sliders so far?

01:00:761 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - could you space these out evenly in a triangle, would look and play better

01:02:109 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - my earlier point about the repeating patterns you've done here already which is good, but make sure to make all sections the same for consistency (this one is different as well 01:04:806 (1,2,3,4,5) - )

01:16:435 (1,2) - same thing about consistent slidershapes

01:17:615 (2,3,4,5) - having these all face the same direction makes it feel weird to play, try something like this:


01:19:637 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - would work better as evenly spaced triangles

01:22:334 (1) - 01:23:345 (3) - again overlaps and stacks in the same section

01:29:749 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - blanket this

01:50:648 (1) - this slidershape is a bit ugly, a small change like this would help:


02:09:525 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the jumpstreams are fine, but 02:10:451 (4,1) - doesnt fit because all the other jumps in this jumpstream section 02:09:777 (4,1) - 02:10:114 (4,1) - have an angular change to the jumps, whereas the last jump follows the same flow as the stream before it, meaning that you have to speed up then slow down without turning, which plays uncomfortably

02:13:485 (6,1) - the slidershape doesnt follow the streamshape, this doesn't play well imo

02:20:311 (1,2) - space these out the same as the other 1/4 sliders

02:24:525 (4,5,1,2) - uncomfortable transition, try to gradually space the whole thing, not just the end 4 sliders

02:25:030 (2) - blanket this

02:54:019 (1,2,3) - evenly space this to a triangle please

03:19:637 (1,2,3,4,5) - same repeating pattern i mentioned earlier

03:28:570 (2) - Ctrl-G this

03:29:749 (1,2,3,4) - same thing about them all facing the same way doesnt play well

03:34:469 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - even triangles plz

03:38:345 (4) - ugly overlap, move it like this:


04:16:098 (4) - ^^

04:29:412 (1) - Ctrl-G this

05:11:547 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - evenly space these

05:54:608 (4,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^^

alot of issues i mentioned are repeated throughout the map so i didnt mention every instance of these, but you should get what i'm talking about


Really fun map, hope this mod helps! :):):):)
posted

Xanandra wrote:

Hello!

00:20:817 - I know youre trying to focus more on the stronger beat here, but seeing as youve been focusing so much on the weaker beats (the streams) I would just keep doing it in here too.I think it's good as how it is now, it makes the change it has to make in order to introduce the new section (maybe this was not the best explanation, but you get my point
00:38:682 (5) - I would give these two objects a more distinct pattern to set them apart from the pattern. Same in 00:40:030 (5) - I think it works how it is right now (even tho If I find a better way to emphasize it I will make the change)
01:24:525 - Due to the strength of beat here, Ill advice more to have an object here, rather than an slider end. I don't think that's a problem because the drums are not the main sound here, it's the vocals, so the reverse slider works for it
01:47:952 (1,2,3,4) - - I kinda expected slider to increase velocity in here too. Maybe make the increase in 01:45:255 (1,2,3,4) - smaller, so instead of +.10x, do +.05x, and then in this section also do +.05x Done
01:50:648 (1) - I would end slider in 01:51:828 - and then add notes at 01:52:502 - 01:53:008 - 01:53:176 - . Up to you really.
01:53:345 (1) - Same as 01:50:648 (1) -
01:57:221 (1) - I would end at 01:57:895 - and add note at 01:58:401 - AND MAYBE, a big maybe at 01:58:570 - too negative sir
04:36:491 (1) - I would move it further away from previous object moved a little bit

Thats it from me!

Just remember, they are just suggestions of things that I would do, and I am a noob mapper, so feel free to reject anything!

Good luck! Thanks

DeviousPanda wrote:

o/ M4M with this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/638443

-nice hitsounding uwu

-if this is going for ranked its going to need a lot of polishing the goal

00:01:940 (3,4,5) - this in a straight line plays awkwardly imo, maybe change it like this:
plays fine

00:04:637 (3,4,5) - this is a bit better but still feels not that great to play

00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) - small nitpick but curved streams look a lot better won't change tho, I like them :<

00:13:233 (9,10,11,1,2) - this would flow a lot better if placed like this because the straight line here feels weird to play 00:13:233 (9,10,11,1) - :
Moved 00:13:233 (9) - instead, it's better now

00:21:322 (2,3,4,1) - making this a stream sounds better imo will not change, explanation above in the other mod

00:21:660 (1,2,3,4,5) - this repeating pattern that you use a lot because the music repeats would sound better if you make the fist slider two notes (00:21:660 (1) - ) same with 00:24:356 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:27:053 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:29:749 (1,2,3,4,5) - ect.... Don't feel like changing this, the current rythm fits well

00:38:176 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - jump spacings should get progressively larger as the buildup builds up, so 00:39:019 (7) - and 00:40:367 (7) - feel out of place Both 00:39:019 (7,7) - don't have any strong beat on them and thats why the spacing is lower I think it works well

00:47:783 (3) - 00:49:131 (3) - sometimes you overlap notes and sometimes you stack them, try not to do both in one section I think this is not a problem here, both parts you mentioned there are different, and you don't really notice that while you're playing, I will take this advice tho, Im gonna check other parts and try to fix everything

00:54:862 (2) - Ctrl-G would make this flow better, then make it look like this: Ok


00:56:210 (5) - 00:56:547 (7) - Ctrl-G these too for better flow Not here, this should play different than 00:54:693 (1,2,3) - and also from 00:57:558 (3,4) - because they all different sounds, same reason why they all have different slidershapes

00:57:558 (3,4) - any reason for different shapes than the other 1/4 sliders so far?

01:00:761 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - could you space these out evenly in a triangle, would look and play better This doesn't fit with how I want them to be played, I repeated the same thing in the rest of the map

01:02:109 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - my earlier point about the repeating patterns you've done here already which is good, but make sure to make all sections the same for consistency (this one is different as well 01:04:806 (1,2,3,4,5) - )

01:16:435 (1,2) - same thing about consistent slidershapes Everything should be clear now

01:17:615 (2,3,4,5) - having these all face the same direction makes it feel weird to play, try something like this:
Changed, not as you said tho

01:19:637 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - would work better as evenly spaced triangles

01:22:334 (1) - 01:23:345 (3) - again overlaps and stacks in the same section

01:29:749 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - blanket this it does blanket the sliderbody

01:50:648 (1) - this slidershape is a bit ugly, a small change like this would help:
that looks worse imo

02:09:525 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the jumpstreams are fine, but 02:10:451 (4,1) - doesnt fit because all the other jumps in this jumpstream section 02:09:777 (4,1) - 02:10:114 (4,1) - have an angular change to the jumps, whereas the last jump follows the same flow as the stream before it, meaning that you have to speed up then slow down without turning, which plays uncomfortably fixed

02:13:485 (6,1) - the slidershape doesnt follow the streamshape, this doesn't play well imo It does play well, it's a kickslider

02:20:311 (1,2) - space these out the same as the other 1/4 sliders No, they're quite different wub sounds on them, should play differently, I explain this in other mod from Yamicchi

02:24:525 (4,5,1,2) - uncomfortable transition, try to gradually space the whole thing, not just the end 4 sliders Thats the point tho, 02:24:862 (1,2,3) - plays completly different than 02:24:019 (1,2,3,4,5) -

02:25:030 (2) - blanket this :ok_hand:

02:54:019 (1,2,3) - evenly space this to a triangle please already explained why I won't change this

03:19:637 (1,2,3,4,5) - same repeating pattern i mentioned earlier

03:28:570 (2) - Ctrl-G this nah, plays well

03:29:749 (1,2,3,4) - same thing about them all facing the same way doesnt play well They do play well :thinking:

03:34:469 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - even triangles plz

03:38:345 (4) - ugly overlap, move it like this: fixed


04:16:098 (4) - ^^ fixed

04:29:412 (1) - Ctrl-G this ok

05:11:547 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - evenly space these fixed

05:54:608 (4,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^^fixed

alot of issues i mentioned are repeated throughout the map so i didnt mention every instance of these, but you should get what i'm talking about
Ok, I fixed everything except the thing about the patterns having overlaps or stacks which I think is not the big deal because spacing and rythm it's the same so... anyways, if this is a unrankable issue (would be.. the naziest thing ever), I might let this map die


Really fun map, hope this mod helps! :):):):)
It did, thanks
posted
[Duel Master]

  1. Not really a big deal but I'd say move this slightly to the right : 00:05:395 (7,1). Use the same distance you used here : 00:02:446 (6,1)
  2. I'd say move this slider a bit more away from the double : 00:11:884 (9). I feel like its to close.
  3. Personally I'd increase the spacing between this triple more because the sound is way more dominant then on the previous occurences. Maybed like this : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8785735 (You also spaced them more later on in the map, so it'd be inconsistent to not do it here)
  4. Hm, these sliders are overlapping : 01:34:806 (2,3). Is that intended?
  5. 02:10:536 (1,2,3,4,1) I'd move this jumpstream a bit more to the outer side because the movement you need to do at the moment is a bit weird. Maybe like so : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8785772
  6. Same here, try like this maybe : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8785790 ?
  7. Same thing here : 05:33:794 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4). Not really necessary but I just feel it would play better if it would space out more to the side the more intense the streams get
  8. I feel like this jumpsection is a bit pporly made: 05:07:165 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1). However I need to admit I am not sure if I can come up with a better idea.
    I feel like horizontal jumps for the most intense part of the jump section would fit really well.
    An example can be found in this map : (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/696225 - Special Diff, here : 02:50:249 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1))


Overall your map is really well made I htink you improved a lot since the last map I modded from you.
Also please keep in mind I am not very experienced in modding dnb songs so please bear with me!
posted

Kyu96 wrote:

[Duel Master]

  1. Not really a big deal but I'd say move this slightly to the right : 00:05:395 (7,1). Use the same distance you used here : 00:02:446 (6,1) k
  2. I'd say move this slider a bit more away from the double : 00:11:884 (9). I feel like its to close. This one seems fine tho
  3. Personally I'd increase the spacing between this triple more because the sound is way more dominant then on the previous occurences. Maybed like this : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8785735 (You also spaced them more later on in the map, so it'd be inconsistent to not do it here) I agree, I use a lot more spacing after so I will change it, not too much tho
  4. Hm, these sliders are overlapping : 01:34:806 (2,3). Is that intended? Intended at some degree, I'd say that I like how the pattern plays, overlap is unevitable, I tried to figure out more way to rearrange this but tbh, this is the way that worked the best
  5. 02:10:536 (1,2,3,4,1) I'd move this jumpstream a bit more to the outer side because the movement you need to do at the moment is a bit weird. Maybe like so : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8785772 RIP the screenshot, anyway, I get what you mean and I think it's fine after several playtest from other people
  6. Same here, try like this maybe : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8785790 ? I rearranged the whole stream into a new shape, I just noticed the 3 jumpstream in the whole map were in the same direction with the same flow and.. I don't really like that, so I changed it into a new one, better now and plays :ok_hand:
  7. Same thing here : 05:33:794 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4). Not really necessary but I just feel it would play better if it would space out more to the side the more intense the streams get spacing increase between every change and so the spacing does, I did minor fixes to all streams tho
  8. I feel like this jumpsection is a bit pporly made: 05:07:165 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1). However I need to admit I am not sure if I can come up with a better idea. Tbh this was the pattern that took me more time to make, in the beginning ofc, when I had no clear idea how to map them, I didn't wanted to make the same as 04:02:783 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - because I don't like mapping exactly the same way as other people do, but this was the best one so far, I like this pattern, Im very happy how it turned at this point for PP owo
    I feel like horizontal jumps for the most intense part of the jump section would fit really well.
    An example can be found in this map : (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/696225 - Special Diff, here : 02:50:249 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1))


Overall your map is really well made I htink you improved a lot since the last map I modded from you. Thankks owo
Also please keep in mind I am not very experienced in modding dnb songs so please bear with me! Don't worry :p, Imo you don't need to know how to mod certain genres, you just need to look at the map and try to understand why the mapper did everything that way, and point out things you thing that can be improved taking in consideration the mapper's point of view so.. there's no such thing as "modding DnB songs or so xD"
posted
General
I'm going to go pretty nazi on you. However, for the sake of our time and sanity I won't comment on every single rounding error or imperfect blanket I found. I'll just point out the most obvious ones. If you want to fix your blankets there are specific modqueues for that.

Duel Master
00:04:637 (3,4,5) - The hitcircles are not evenly spaced. (I would suggest duplicating 00:04:637 (3,4) - rotating by 45 and properly resnapping your 5)

00:05:143 (6,7,1) - The angle of these is more acute than 00:02:446 (6,7,1) - and 00:07:839 (6,7,1) - for some reason.

00:05:143 (6,1) - Also make sure they properly blanket 00:04:469 (2) - next time

00:07:334 (3,4,5) - Same as first point (just a few pixels off)

00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) - the streams in this section are full of rounding erros (00:11:631 (7) - is off place for ex). In fact they're so off I'm not sure if it's even rounded errors or you moved something by accident and then started copying the mistake around. (in short, fix pls)

00:16:266 (1) - I think this should be on y:31 along with 00:16:098 (10,11) -

00:20:817 (3,1,2) - This is a pain to read, it looks quite like a 1/2 jump with more spacing emphasis. Maybe make 00:20:817 (3) - a slider?? *shurgs*

00:23:008 (1) - Fix blanket

00:29:412 (3) - is not stacked under the sliderend of 00:29:749 (1) - properly

00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - These feel a bit dead to me even though they should have quite the impact. The perpetrator of course is not the jumps themselves (they are quite spaced in fact), but the previous jumps 00:37:839 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - that make the following jumps 00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - stand out less

00:42:390 (3) - aaaaa blanket

00:44:244 (5) - not properly stacked under 00:45:086 (2) - 's sliderernd

00:56:547 (7,1) - This played just fine, however it is a bit strange that there is such a large spacing increase and in the complete opposite direction of the kickslider

00:57:727 (4) - uhhhh did you mess up the hitsounds on the sliderend? cause this sounds strange

00:57:727 (4,5) - also this jump felt kinda awkward to me, nothing unplayable I just didn't feel very comfortable hitting it

01:15:424 (5,1) - this jump is pretty large you went from 3.3 to 3 to 2.7 to 3 then 3.7 and suddenly jumped up to 5 (6.26 if you don't remove the green tick)

01:35:480 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't like these, and this entire "slow" section for that matter. You not only have many consecutive singletaps (in fact they are as oven more than most continuous single taps on the kiai section (excluding the jumps at the very end of said section). It would be fine if they had circular flow or something less angular, bu they are pretty much back and forth jumps. And the spacing although small, it becomes rather significant due the the sheer amount of jumps. To be fair due the song climaxing 01:43:907 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 01:46:603 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - these should be fine imo (I would consider buffing the latter ones tho). I understand why you placed jumps (the bass in the background increases in pitch), however imo it takes off the calmness of that part.

02:00:929 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - this stream looks kinda ugly. Plays fine but maybe try to play around with the curve to make it more pretty. I also tried this



and it played just fine to me (also has a bit more of a modern aesthetic and emphasizes 02:01:098 (3) - more).

02:12:221 (1) - The hitsounding on this didn't quite excite me. Maybe increase hitsound volume? Or have some sound play on the slider body?

02:26:884 (5,1) - This wasn't very comfortable, the sliderfollow circle is large enough and it won't result to breaks (at least not without HR, with HR it's another story). That's mostly cause because the "curve" of 02:27:053 (1) - is opposite to the circular flow you gain from the slider 02:26:884 (5) - .

02:29:749 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - At first I couldn't tell why these and not the other similar patterns you have, are so awkward to play. I think the reason is because of the direction of the sliders, all sliders face outward whereas say 02:40:536 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - here sliders face inwards to the pattern and here 02:18:963 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - at least one set of sliders (the second one) faces inward. I'm not sure why it makes it more comfortable to play but I assume is because circular flow tends to lead the player to the interior of the pattern.

02:54:693 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - this flows very awkward, try rotating by 45 degrees starting the stream at 02:54:946 (4) - s position. That way 02:54:693 (2,3,4) - will not have linear flow (which is quite awkward to play). Players will tend to change direction after jumps, even if it's a jump into a stream (of course there exist exceptions).
Something like this played very well to me

and the larger distance between 02:54:693 (2,3) - is also more comfortable since the player has a lot of momentum.

03:16:771 (6,1) - not a big fun of the flow in this jump (again slider followcircle saves the day tho).

03:31:435 (2) - uhh hitsounding off again on sliderend? Not sure if you're doing this on purpose

03:44:412 (2,1,2,3,4,5) - I feel like the emphasis through the jump angle could be better. I think it was more properly done here 01:29:581 (2,1,2,3,4,5,1) -

03:44:581 (1,2,3,4,5) - Fix blanket while we're at it too >:(

04:05:480 (1,2,3,4) - This is not that important but I think these sliders kinda kill the intensity that has been built up through the jumps. Listen to the sound in the background, it's still increasing in pitch and the vocals are still there even though it's a constant note, the climax is still raising imo so I would prefer some sliders like in 02:07:502 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - but that's up to you. See what works better.

04:24:356 (1) - BLANKETS >:CCCCCCC

04:57:221 (3) - Not directly under 04:57:727 (5) - sliderend

05:03:963 (3) - No matter how many times I played this I always wanted to click the white tick 05:04:131 - same goes for 05:02:615 (3) - (although in less of an extent that the one I mentioned for some reason). I don't see much of a reason to change your rhythm at that point and if you want to, at least make the white tick clickable, it feels better.

05:33:120 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - I'm not a fan of these streams, you've done it a couple more times but this is the worst one. 05:33:709 (4,1,4,1) - Those jumps because they follow circular flow play at pretty much a constant cursor speed without even needing to change flow/direction. The difference is only visual and I found myself play it like it was a simple DMC style circle stream.

05:42:558 (1,2) - 2 Is not directly in front of 1, it's slightly off.

05:53:345 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream played the best out of pretty much every other one in the map (imo).


Final Notes

Not a fan of the hitsounds used on the streams though (04:27:053 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - )

(I probably forgot to write something here but oh well mod is long enough)

Map was pretty fun to play.

Good luck :)
posted
hi! from the M4M

[Duel Master]
  1. I would lower the AR a bit maybe to like max 9.2? maybe a little higher
  2. Add another kiai maybe one here: 02:12:221 - . i dont know until when but atleast add another one
  3. 00:02:278 (5) - maybe move this a bit further form the sliders because of the stronger sound it has, same for the other ones
  4. 00:10:536 (6) - make this a kickslider and this 00:10:789 (7,1) - a triple, fits better imo
  5. 00:57:558 (3,4) - make these the same slider
  6. 01:03:457 (1) - why does this one have a red anchor? the ones before it do not and to me they are the same sound, if one would have a red anchor it would be 01:02:446 (3) - instead of the current one, same for the others
  7. 01:14:749 (1,2,3,4) - make it so they point the same way, they are a bit off
  8. 01:16:435 (1,2) - same for this, they arent the same
  9. 01:17:615 (2) - this has a different sound than the rest so maybe use another slider with this one
  10. 01:18:120 (5) - make this the same as (4), they have the same sound
  11. 01:20:985 (1,3,2,2) - theses sliders end on strong sounds, try to avoid this, there are couple more i missed in the beginning
  12. 01:26:379 (1,3) - try and space these ones a bit more, they have a louder sound
  13. 01:27:053 (5) - again slider ends on a strong sound
  14. 01:42:558 (1) - this doesnt align well
  15. 01:43:233 (3) - ^
  16. 01:43:233 (3,4) - blanket these
  17. 02:20:311 (1,2) - these overlap a bit, would be nicer if they didnt
  18. 02:22:165 (2,3) - doesnt blanket nicely
  19. 02:30:761 (1) - this slider doesnt look that great imo
  20. 02:54:019 (1,2,3) - why the big jump to (2)? (3) has the same sound
  21. 02:54:693 (2) - same for this, this one has the same sound as (2) and (3) from above^, make it so the spacing on these is equal
  22. 02:54:946 (4) - there is no sound here
  23. 03:33:794 (3,4) - these arent the same as 03:33:120 (1,2) -
  24. 03:34:469 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - same here for the spacing
  25. 03:41:884 (6) - slider end has a strong


thats it, hope it helps
posted

antondan wrote:

General
I'm going to go pretty nazi on you. However, for the sake of our time and sanity I won't comment on every single rounding error or imperfect blanket I found. I'll just point out the most obvious ones. If you want to fix your blankets there are specific modqueues for that.

Duel Master
00:04:637 (3,4,5) - The hitcircles are not evenly spaced. (I would suggest duplicating 00:04:637 (3,4) - rotating by 45 and properly resnapping your 5) fixed

00:05:143 (6,7,1) - The angle of these is more acute than 00:02:446 (6,7,1) - and 00:07:839 (6,7,1) - for some reason.

00:05:143 (6,1) - Also make sure they properly blanket 00:04:469 (2) - next time fixed

00:07:334 (3,4,5) - Same as first point (just a few pixels off) fixed

00:11:379 (4,5,6,7,8) - the streams in this section are full of rounding erros (00:11:631 (7) - is off place for ex). In fact they're so off I'm not sure if it's even rounded errors or you moved something by accident and then started copying the mistake around. (in short, fix pls) These streams after 00:10:873 - are not round, did them from sliders like http://prntscr.com/g6u6xb

00:16:266 (1) - I think this should be on y:31 along with 00:16:098 (10,11) -

00:20:817 (3,1,2) - This is a pain to read, it looks quite like a 1/2 jump with more spacing emphasis. Maybe make 00:20:817 (3) - a slider?? *shurgs* No, thats why 00:21:154 (1) - has NC

00:23:008 (1) - Fix blanket

00:29:412 (3) - is not stacked under the sliderend of 00:29:749 (1) - properly

00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - These feel a bit dead to me even though they should have quite the impact. The perpetrator of course is not the jumps themselves (they are quite spaced in fact), but the previous jumps 00:37:839 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - that make the following jumps 00:40:536 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - stand out less Reduced spacing on previous jumps, just a little bit tho

00:42:390 (3) - aaaaa blanket

00:44:244 (5) - not properly stacked under 00:45:086 (2) - 's sliderernd

00:56:547 (7,1) - This played just fine, however it is a bit strange that there is such a large spacing increase and in the complete opposite direction of the kickslider I don't find this a problem, kicksliders plays as circle so.. the direction of this kicksliders is like that for aesthetics, and as you said, it plays fine

00:57:727 (4) - uhhhh did you mess up the hitsounds on the sliderend? cause this sounds strange No, do this http://prntscr.com/g6ucju and listen again

00:57:727 (4,5) - also this jump felt kinda awkward to me, nothing unplayable I just didn't feel very comfortable hitting it

01:15:424 (5,1) - this jump is pretty large you went from 3.3 to 3 to 2.7 to 3 then 3.7 and suddenly jumped up to 5 (6.26 if you don't remove the green tick) Don't find this a problem either, 01:15:592 (1) - has vocals on it and a powerful sound, so the jump goes well, and it's not too much, remember kicksliders plays as circles, that jump is not that big

01:35:480 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't like these, and this entire "slow" section for that matter. You not only have many consecutive singletaps (in fact they are as oven more than most continuous single taps on the kiai section (excluding the jumps at the very end of said section). It would be fine if they had circular flow or something less angular, bu they are pretty much back and forth jumps. And the spacing although small, it becomes rather significant due the the sheer amount of jumps. To be fair due the song climaxing 01:43:907 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 01:46:603 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - these should be fine imo (I would consider buffing the latter ones tho). I understand why you placed jumps (the bass in the background increases in pitch), however imo it takes off the calmness of that part. I think it's just fine, I don't really want this section to play that "calm" because of the next section

02:00:929 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - this stream looks kinda ugly. Plays fine but maybe try to play around with the curve to make it more pretty. I also tried this



and it played just fine to me (also has a bit more of a modern aesthetic and emphasizes 02:01:098 (3) - more).

02:12:221 (1) - The hitsounding on this didn't quite excite me. Maybe increase hitsound volume? Or have some sound play on the slider body? Added finish hitsound

02:26:884 (5,1) - This wasn't very comfortable, the sliderfollow circle is large enough and it won't result to breaks (at least not without HR, with HR it's another story). That's mostly cause because the "curve" of 02:27:053 (1) - is opposite to the circular flow you gain from the slider 02:26:884 (5) - . and again, kicksliders plays as circles so I can ignore this sliderbody, even tho the movement from 02:26:716 (4) - makes it play fine, and mods are not to be taken into consideration while mapping except maybe for drain sections on hr, but thats not a problem here

02:29:749 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - At first I couldn't tell why these and not the other similar patterns you have, are so awkward to play. I think the reason is because of the direction of the sliders, all sliders face outward whereas say 02:40:536 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - here sliders face inwards to the pattern and here 02:18:963 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - at least one set of sliders (the second one) faces inward. I'm not sure why it makes it more comfortable to play but I assume is because circular flow tends to lead the player to the interior of the pattern. this is not supposed to be.. circular flow, it's more linear, I don't know how you find it awkward to play because being kickslider's you just have to move linearly on sliderheads and that's it

02:54:693 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - this flows very awkward, try rotating by 45 degrees starting the stream at 02:54:946 (4) - s position. That way 02:54:693 (2,3,4) - will not have linear flow (which is quite awkward to play). Players will tend to change direction after jumps, even if it's a jump into a stream (of course there exist exceptions).
Something like this played very well to me

and the larger distance between 02:54:693 (2,3) - is also more comfortable since the player has a lot of momentum. changed

03:16:771 (6,1) - not a big fun of the flow in this jump (again slider followcircle saves the day tho).

03:31:435 (2) - uhh hitsounding off again on sliderend? Not sure if you're doing this on purpose This is not even a hitsound lmao (of course I didn't reduce it's volume to 5 with green point but that's because actually there's a beat

03:44:412 (2,1,2,3,4,5) - I feel like the emphasis through the jump angle could be better. I think it was more properly done here 01:29:581 (2,1,2,3,4,5,1) -

03:44:581 (1,2,3,4,5) - Fix blanket while we're at it too >:(

04:05:480 (1,2,3,4) - This is not that important but I think these sliders kinda kill the intensity that has been built up through the jumps. Listen to the sound in the background, it's still increasing in pitch and the vocals are still there even though it's a constant note, the climax is still raising imo so I would prefer some sliders like in 02:07:502 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - but that's up to you. See what works better. Did ctrl+g instead

04:24:356 (1) - BLANKETS >:CCCCCCC

04:57:221 (3) - Not directly under 04:57:727 (5) - sliderend

05:03:963 (3) - No matter how many times I played this I always wanted to click the white tick 05:04:131 - same goes for 05:02:615 (3) - (although in less of an extent that the one I mentioned for some reason). I don't see much of a reason to change your rhythm at that point and if you want to, at least make the white tick clickable, it feels better. I think it's fine owo

05:33:120 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - I'm not a fan of these streams, you've done it a couple more times but this is the worst one. 05:33:709 (4,1,4,1) - Those jumps because they follow circular flow play at pretty much a constant cursor speed without even needing to change flow/direction. The difference is only visual and I found myself play it like it was a simple DMC style circle stream. Nothing to change here

05:42:558 (1,2) - 2 Is not directly in front of 1, it's slightly off. :thinking:

05:53:345 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream played the best out of pretty much every other one in the map (imo). Depends on the player, some people said this is the worse, some people say this is the best, not gonna change enything tho


Final Notes

Not a fan of the hitsounds used on the streams though (04:27:053 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - )

(I probably forgot to write something here but oh well mod is long enough)

Map was pretty fun to play.

Good luck :)Thanks

Senery wrote:

hi! from the M4M

[Duel Master]
  1. I would lower the AR a bit maybe to like max 9.2? maybe a little higher Ima stick with 9,6
  2. Add another kiai maybe one here: 02:12:221 - . i dont know until when but atleast add another one I rather not
  3. 00:02:278 (5) - maybe move this a bit further form the sliders because of the stronger sound it has, same for the other ones
  4. 00:10:536 (6) - make this a kickslider and this 00:10:789 (7,1) - a triple, fits better imo While listening without effect sounds http://prntscr.com/g6uw2t , the only 2 beats that has a different sound are 00:10:789 (7,1) - (which is.. the amen snare sample) the beat at 00:10:704 - doesn't have that sound so I don't think it worth making it clickable, the other 2 stands out more
  5. 00:57:558 (3,4) - make these the same slider k
  6. 01:03:457 (1) - why does this one have a red anchor? the ones before it do not and to me they are the same sound, if one would have a red anchor it would be 01:02:446 (3) - instead of the current one, same for the others That one has red anchor because vocals start on it, so is not exactly the same sound, 01:02:446 (3,5) - has no vocals on them and that's why they're different, same as 01:04:806 (1,3,5) -
  7. 01:14:749 (1,2,3,4) - make it so they point the same way, they are a bit off They're like that on purpose tho
  8. 01:16:435 (1,2) - same for this, they arent the same fixed
  9. 01:17:615 (2) - this has a different sound than the rest so maybe use another slider with this one
  10. 01:18:120 (5) - make this the same as (4), they have the same sound
  11. 01:20:985 (1,3,2,2) - theses sliders end on strong sounds, try to avoid this, there are couple more i missed in the beginning
  12. 01:26:379 (1,3) - try and space these ones a bit more, they have a louder sound vocals keeps same intensity, these beats doesn't stand out more than vocals so I won't change
  13. 01:27:053 (5) - again slider ends on a strong sound
  14. 01:42:558 (1) - this doesnt align well
  15. 01:43:233 (3) - ^ Delete 01:42:221 (1,2,3,4) - and see 01:42:558 (1,2,3) - they form a pattern out of the stream (they don't seem to be.. misaligned tho o.o)
  16. 01:43:233 (3,4) - blanket these Not supposed to blanket
  17. 02:20:311 (1,2) - these overlap a bit, would be nicer if they didnt Ok
  18. 02:22:165 (2,3) - doesnt blanket nicely Fixed, I guess
  19. 02:30:761 (1) - this slider doesnt look that great imo
  20. 02:54:019 (1,2,3) - why the big jump to (2)? (3) has the same sound 02:54:188 (2,3) - 1 has snare, 2 and 3 kicks, I did this pattern throughout the whole map for the same reason, 1 stand out more than 2-3
  21. 02:54:693 (2) - same for this, this one has the same sound as (2) and (3) from above^, make it so the spacing on these is equal
  22. 02:54:946 (4) - there is no sound here Even tho the synth sound on this is not exactly loud, the whole thing it's like a streamy- synth sound
  23. 03:33:794 (3,4) - these arent the same as 03:33:120 (1,2) -
  24. 03:34:469 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - same here for the spacing
  25. 03:41:884 (6) - slider end has a strong


thats it, hope it helps Thanks
I didn't reply to some stuff because I think it's too obvious why I didn't make any of the suggested changes or because I fixed it (such as blankets and stuff like that)
posted
Yo~


01:04:806 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 01:07:502 (1,2,3,4,5) - are totally the same sound but the objects placing is so different.

01:22:334 (1,2) - 01:23:682 (1,2) - The same consistency issue.

03:10:873 - 03:11:210 - The inherited timing at the red tick doesn't show the volume increase of the sound

03:32:446 (5,6,7) - About the consistency again but in general, earlier the sound was represented with kick sliders but now they are just plain notes.

03:56:042 (1,2) - IMO the spacing between two sliders is quite wide. Whereas 04:01:435 (1,2) - has similar sound but the spacing is not wide like the previous ones.

03:45:086 (1) - There's a volume increase in the near end of this slider. Normally, I wouldn't pick this up but since you do make the volume change at the end of the spinner and other parts, so this will have to be done also.

About the sliders' shape, in general, there are some that have the same sound but some curve differnetly (like 05:34:469 (1) - and 05:35:817 (1) - )

Aside from that, everything seems fine by me

For test play, perhaps it's me that I don't have enough stamina, but this song too long and the part after 4m30s just lose my attention despite the vocal change and the "spike" stream at the very end. Even though that stream was introduced in several time, to me, it looks like more than a combo breaker


Hope that helps
posted

Acme Deizd Void wrote:

Yo~


01:04:806 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 01:07:502 (1,2,3,4,5) - are totally the same sound but the objects placing is so different. Pattern variety, they follow the same idea and plays almost the same, anyways, re arranged 01:04:806 (1,2,3,4,5) - so now they're a bit more similar to next pattern

01:22:334 (1,2) - 01:23:682 (1,2) - The same consistency issue. Not the same case, since 01:22:334 (1,2) - have different vocals on them

03:10:873 - 03:11:210 - The inherited timing at the red tick doesn't show the volume increase of the sound

03:32:446 (5,6,7) - About the consistency again but in general, earlier the sound was represented with kick sliders but now they are just plain notes. Nope, set effect's volume to 0 and listen to 00:58:401 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - 01:17:530 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 03:32:109 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - the first one has drums on it, same as 03:32:109 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - but not the case on 01:17:530 (1,2,3,4,5) - which doesn't have the same drums on it

03:56:042 (1,2) - IMO the spacing between two sliders is quite wide. Whereas 04:01:435 (1,2) - has similar sound but the spacing is not wide like the previous ones. Added a little bit more spacing on 04:01:435 (1,2) - but still less than the other, and the reason behind it is because their context is different and vocals are different too, while 03:56:042 (1,2,3,4,5) - is at the end of the buildup of the middle of this section and vocals sounds more intense, 04:01:435 (1,2,3) - is just before the climax of this whole section so they have less spacing for contrast

03:45:086 (1) - There's a volume increase in the near end of this slider. Normally, I wouldn't pick this up but since you do make the volume change at the end of the spinner and other parts, so this will have to be done also.

About the sliders' shape, in general, there are some that have the same sound but some curve differnetly (like 05:34:469 (1) - and 05:35:817 (1) - ) imo this is not a problem of consistency since I use same shape for every pair of sliders (similar shapes tho, not the same) and they also play the same. If this is a real/unrankable issue...
what a nazi system


Aside from that, everything seems fine by me

For test play, perhaps it's me that I don't have enough stamina, but this song too long and the part after 4m30s just lose my attention despite the vocal change and the "spike" stream at the very end. Even though that stream was introduced in several time, to me, it looks like more than a combo breaker Yeah I was thinking on changing this to a similar stream shape, some people said it's perfect, other says it's bad because it was different but anyway Ill change


Hope that helps ;)
show more
Please sign in to reply.