forum

Osu! fallback is ALOT smoother than current Osu stable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
Hi, I downloaded Mc Osu today and was thinking.. why does this feel so much smoother than my osu client? Having gone and researched someone suggested running Osu! fallback, and it worked.

The differences: On current Osu my frame rate is limmited to 240fps, On both Mc osu and Osu fallback it goes into the 300-400- 1000+ etc. I don't know about MS as its not displayed on Osu fallback.

Honestly I wouldn't mind getting used to Osu fallback but the sliders are really hard. In current Osu! sliders fade as you hit them. On fallback they stay fully bright until completed. which makes it really hard to play with HD.
Aside from this, I love the smoothness and look of both McOsu and Osu! fallback.

How can I replicate this on the current updated Osu! ?
Caradine
what GPU? exact model
1. Create profile for osu (application) in the driver
2. Change settings in the driver until it works, the most likely ones i can remember are triple buffering and amount of prerendered frames, vertical sync forced off/use application settings, if more than one GPU in the system nvidia has options that control how they're used and if they're used
multi display/mixed GPU acceleration is another one that can give weird issues if you have a single monitor and set it to multiple monitors, etc etc.
Preferred openGL gpu and other options like that.

Sylveon wrote:

limmited to 240fps
set it to unlimited mwahaha

run fullscreen and try the debug options in osu. update drivers ofc...

For me osu stable gets 15% more fps than mcosu during normal maps, and also doesn't suffer from the extreme performance decrease issues based on the amount of objects on the screen. The maps that make mcosu go to 20 fps see like 500 fps on osu stable.

Mcosu runs opengl.
Osu fallback (most likely) runs directx.
Osu stable runs opengl.

It is likely that running directx fixes the issues indirectly even if it itself is not the issue. How about opengl in osu fallback?
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Caradine wrote:

what GPU? exact model
1. Create profile for osu (application) in the driver
2. Change settings in the driver until it works, the most likely ones i can remember are triple buffering and amount of prerendered frames, vertical sync forced off/use application settings, if more than one GPU in the system nvidia has options that control how they're used and if they're used
multi display/mixed GPU acceleration is another one that can give weird issues if you have a single monitor and set it to multiple monitors, etc etc.
Preferred openGL gpu and other options like that.

Sylveon wrote:

limmited to 240fps
set it to unlimited mwahaha

run fullscreen and try the debug options in osu. update drivers ofc...

For me osu stable gets 15% more fps than mcosu during normal maps, and also doesn't suffer from the extreme performance decrease issues based on the amount of objects on the screen. The maps that make mcosu go to 20 fps see like 500 fps on osu stable.

Mcosu runs opengl.
Osu fallback (most likely) runs directx.
Osu stable runs opengl.

It is likely that running directx fixes the issues indirectly even if it itself is not the issue. How about opengl in osu fallback?
Hi Thankyou for your reply!.
Yes running OpenGl on osu fallback auto limmits me to 60fps and is laggy as fuck.
Running unlimmited gameplay fps on current Osu stable still limmits me to 240fps
Im afraid Im not at all good with computers so Im praying this isn't too complicated! :(
https://ibb.co/gP2Bha
Endaris
the ms-number is the inverse of FPS so just get a calculator.
You will only see it displayed as FPS on the menus+editor and there it is limited through setting the line
CustomFrameLimit = 240
in your osu!.user.cfg file.

if you can't calculate it for whatever reason, share which ms-numbers you get along with everything Caradine mentioned.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Endaris wrote:

the ms-number is the inverse of FPS so just get a calculator.
You will only see it displayed as FPS on the menus+editor and there it is limited through setting the line
CustomFrameLimit = 240
in your osu!.user.cfg file.

if you can't calculate it for whatever reason, share which ms-numbers you get along with everything Caradine mentioned.
Hi Thanks for your reply!
I don't understand what you mean but I wen't to my Osu.user found what your pictured and tried to change it to 2000 frame limmit and saved, but nothing happened and it was auto back to 240 limmit even though I manually changed it.
Endaris

Endaris wrote:

Topic Starter
Sylveon
I changed the triple buffer to on and turned V sync off anything else?
https://ibb.co/hq2xoF
https://ibb.co/cNW1Fv

MS 4.2 in Osu!stable lobby
this drops to anywhere between 0.5-0.9MS in gameplay
With Vsync I get 1.8 but it fluctuates (Osu Lobby).

Having changed the triple buffer messed around with prerendered frames and turned Vertical sync off I don't see a difference yet.
Direct X still runs smoother for me and gives me 1000+ frames in Osu lobby

Thanks for anymore replies in advance!
Endaris
0.5-0.9ms during gameplay equals 1100-2000FPS

Also don't use VSync for osu!. That is only for really poor systems.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Endaris wrote:

0.5-0.9ms during gameplay equals 1100-2000FPS

Also don't use VSync for osu!. That is only for really poor systems.
Ok thanks!

If this means theres nothing wrong with my system then thats great at least I know! :)
but I still prefer both Mc Osu and fall back over current Osu! stable so I'll try to get used to Osu! fallback for a while and see if I can get used to the sliders.

Caradine
have funs :D