forum

Motivation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caim1231
My motivation is really in the drain right now. I keep failing songs that i passed days ago, and whenever I look at my score on a song compared to others, its always like this. http://prntscr.com/f9iett Ive tried watching people who have 100% the song I failed, and that only makes it worse. Anyone else ever just lose their motivation to play?
Stanvord
I have lost motivation sometimes too. Everybody gets it at some point.
I would suggest taking a break from osu for a little bit and come back new and fresh
Sandy Hoey
So you are mad at yourself for failing a song that is above your skill level...
1Alone
Leave while you can
- an advice plucked from n0thingSpecial
Topic Starter
caim1231

Sandy Hoey wrote:

So you are mad at yourself for failing a song that is above your skill level...
Not necessarily. I've beaten the song a few times in the past so I know that I'm able to , but failing a previously beaten song just kills my want to play. I play songs above my skill level a lot, but I don't see this song as above my skill level
Caradine
relatively normal to get worse at a map after playing it too many times
Dryad
Passing a song doesent mean it is within your skill level. I have Bs and Cs in plenty of songs but I definitely put them outside of my current noob skill level. If I dont get an A after 3 or 4 attempts I put that song on the back burner and go back to songs I know I can improve my As into an S etc. Then a few days later I will have another try. No point failing a song over and over again. But remember the parts that give you trouble and find easier songs that help you practice in those areas. I know Im a shitter and you probably dont want to take advice from me but thats just what I find helps me get better.

Just noticed you play mostly mania though which I know nothing about.
7ambda

Dryad wrote:

Passing a song doesent mean it is within your skill level. I have Bs and Cs in plenty of songs but I definitely put them outside of my current noob skill level. If I dont get an A after 3 or 4 attempts I put that song on the back burner and go back to songs I know I can improve my As into an S etc. Then a few days later I will have another try. No point failing a song over and over again. But remember the parts that give you trouble and find easier songs that help you practice in those areas. I know Im a shitter and you probably dont want to take advice from me but thats just what I find helps me get better.

Just noticed you play mostly mania though which I know nothing about.
you only need >95% to get an S, regardless of misses
I Give Up
Don't even bother playing mania for rank. You're trying to catch up to people who have played it for over 10 years...

Play for fun instead and songs you like listening to :)
Topic Starter
caim1231

I Give Up wrote:

Don't even bother playing mania for rank. You're trying to catch up to people who have played it for over 10 years...

Play for fun instead and songs you like listening to :)
D:
pandaBee

1Alone wrote:

Leave while you can
- an advice plucked from n0thingSpecial
Just do it.