forum

Donating by a sms [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Optic
Hello, my idea is to donate by sms feature. I started a new post because the previous one talks about a specific website and I'm talking about any website that would anable us to donate by sms, my reasoning:

Not all players have credit cards
Not all players have paypall
An sms is easier and more people would donate (e.g. me and im sure many others)
More money for developing osu ;)

Please support if you think the same and do also comment if u think other wise and let me know what you think

Nekomimi_badik
That's good idea i cant use credit card right now so cause this i have no gold acc about 6 month but if there was donating by sms ill do it with pleasure
Kodoshi
i'm for it
Weez
How would this work really? Through cell phone providers or what?
TicClick

Nekomimi_badik wrote:

That's good idea i cant use credit card right now so cause this i have no gold acc about 6 month but if there was donating by sms ill do it with pleasure
Поищи, как делается QIWI Visa Virtual. Самый простой вариант.

Hm. I don't think this feature could be done.
Pizzicato
+1
Topic Starter
Optic

Weezy wrote:

How would this work really? Through cell phone providers or what?
there are many ways of doing that, even small servers and individual people can do it, e.g. on a game called tibia there are thousands of servers that fans and players make themselves and they manage to have a similar option so i can't see why osu couldn't get one as it is way more popular and succesful. there are many, but i can remember the name of most popular one being DaoPay. Furthermore NEXON uses MOPAY (i think thats the name) that enables the players to pay to the server from nearly whole euorpe and im sure other parts of the world have similar services

*thread needs reviving tbh :D *
ziin
Why don't people have credit cards? They are awesome.

enables the players to pay to the server from nearly whole euorpe and im sure other parts of the world have similar services
Seems like way too much trouble when you can just make a paypal account. Is paypal not available around the world or something? I wouldn't want to live in a country without paypal or credit cards...
Topic Starter
Optic

ziin wrote:

enables the players to pay to the server from nearly whole euorpe and im sure other parts of the world have similar services
Seems like way too much trouble when you can just make a paypal account. Is paypal not available around the world or something? I wouldn't want to live in a country without paypal or credit cards...

Not everyone loves credit or debit cards, even if then there are many teenagers playing this game that dont have them or are not allowed for some reason or another + its not a trouble at all, I just dont know about other countries because i never lived outside of Europe but from what i know n/s america and australia have the same possibilities (as continents)
Shiirn
If you do not have a credit card, nor have a friend who has a credit card, nor do you know anyone who is able to pay using any of the above ways, then you shouldn't be asking for other ways. Really.

You don't have your own because you're too young? Ask your parents.
Your parents won't do it? Convince them to.
Can't? tough luck.
Topic Starter
Optic

Shiirn wrote:

If you do not have a credit card, nor have a friend who has a credit card, nor do you know anyone who is able to pay using any of the above ways, then you shouldn't be asking for other ways. Really.

You don't have your own because you're too young? Ask your parents.
Your parents won't do it? Convince them to.
Can't? tough luck.
Nah,I'm not too young, I just gave an idea that is used by vass majority of services and games. ofc majority of supporters will disagree with them because they care about themselves but them some will agree as they can see a lot of people that would want to support osu but cant and if some1 has to go and trouble themselves and ask friends or whoever then they may as well just play for free.

your "tough luck" is really not necessary tbh, heard about "empathy" or "being nice" ?
Zekira
What does empathy or being nice have to do with tough luck? What?
Topic Starter
Optic

Zekira wrote:

What does empathy or being nice have to do with tough luck? What?
tough luck is quite rude, depending ofc in what country or culture you are in, but putting forward this reasoning is just quite pointless and not really thought of because its rubbing something in someone's face and it doesnt take much to just say "majority of people have friends that have credit cards or just parents could do it for them". There are ways of saying something and saying something better and im just sensitive on that area and I know it gets annoying for some people so sorry xD
ziin

Opitc wrote:

may as well just play for free.
You sure don't value money very much if you'd rather play for free than ask someone else for help.

Opitc wrote:

your "tough luck" is really not necessary tbh, heard about "empathy" or "being nice" ?
You will not last long on the internet if "tough luck" is insulting to you.
Weez
If your too young or not allowed to use a credit card/paypal, wouldn't you be too young to have a phone in the first place >_>
Thread is pointless.
Azure_Kite
To be honest, I can see where the majority of people here are coming from.

SMS transactions would be a helluva lot of effort for no real gain, and if you're old enough to have a mobile phone/have phone credit, you're most likely old enough to have a debit card and access to a service like Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/

Paypal isn't available everywhere, but chances are high you're in one of the 190 countries that it is. Now, I myself have had no problem with Paypal and osu! so far, and sure enough there's a 3-5 day delay before your funds are available online.

tl;dr, parents are a great thing if you're too young. Tell them to Sub you a year, and if you're nice and say, "It's $24 but consider that it's half the price I'd pay for a normal game which I'd probably only play for 3 months", you'd quite probably have a selling point if they're also the ones who buy your games.

All else fails, ask me for a sub
James2250
I still say just keep it in this thread, the OP might just mention 1 website but the posts in the thread talk about other ways as well (including sms)
viewtopic.php?p=493307#p493307
heintsi

ziin wrote:

Well, in Finland getting a credit card isn't that easy. You have to have worked without breaks for 2 years to even think about getting
Of course, you can get lite "visa electron" without these requirements, but it only works usually inside europe.

We can send money to paypal via bank transfer, though.
Krzysiek

Let me tell you something American friends: it's not common to have "visa electron" or "paypal" in non-American countries. We use SMS or bank transfers more. Getting thru all the problem of creating paypal account just for the sake of supporter status at casual game? Srsly ^_^.

Yuzeyun

Azure_Kyte wrote:

To be honest, I can see where the majority of people here are coming from.

SMS transactions would be a helluva lot of effort for no real gain, and if you're old enough to have a mobile phone/have phone credit, you're most likely old enough to have a debit card and access to a service like Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/

Paypal isn't available everywhere, but chances are high you're in one of the 190 countries that it is. Now, I myself have had no problem with Paypal and osu! so far, and sure enough there's a 3-5 day delay before your funds are available online.

tl;dr, parents are a great thing if you're too young. Tell them to Sub you a year, and if you're nice and say, "It's $24 but consider that it's half the price I'd pay for a normal game which I'd probably only play for 3 months", you'd quite probably have a selling point if they're also the ones who buy your games.

All else fails, ask me for a sub
^
what you said.

Also this :
"It's $24 but consider that it's half the price I'd pay for a normal game which I'd probably only play for 3 months"
True, I played a game which was €80 for 1 month and dropped it. ($114)
And Supporter Status is only €17 so yeah.

By SMS I don't know how much you will 'pay' but it may be way over $4 for one month. (In France that sort of thing is (€1.5+cost of a SMS)x2 or 3)>___>-------

All else fails, ask Azure for a sub
Azure_Kite

Krzysiek wrote:

Let me tell you something American friends: it's not common to have "visa electron" or "paypal" in non-American countries.
Before you start talking you should do more research.

Poland? Check.
Italy? Check.
France? Check.
Finland? For the purposes of osu!Sub, Check.
Philippines? Check.
Canada? Check.

About the only major country that Paypal doesn't cater for that I can see here is the Russian Federation, in which case my original point stands.
Krzysiek
I said "it's not common". I myself have paypal account, cos I had to buy stuff and all my friends didn't have it (they are 20-30yr old, so adult ppl).

What's with the "Before you start talking you should do more research."? Should I also be a douche and ask "before you make a stupid reply check what I exactly wrote?". Just because you don't share my view doesn't mean you have to behave like that x_x. Srsly, Azure_Kyte is your "original point stands" that important? I have no problem with you being right (cos paypal really is almost everywhere and it's important to note), why are you so negative 'bout my observation?

Blah blah insert more flames here cos that's what I'm feeling like doing ^_^.

We have stuff here to solve BTW.
ziin
How the hell do you people buy anything? Cash?

I'd hate to have to buy a plane ticket and have it charged to my phone...
Krzysiek
Yup, with cash. We don't buy a plane tickets because it's close enough everywhere and not every major city has an airport.
Nueraia
i'm for it. i dont have any other options to buy something online except my cellphone. well, the credit card from my mom, uhkay... but she dont like to use it, because there was some trouble and someone "stole" our money (- 3000€ i guess?), we haven't buy something on suspect sites, i dont know why this happened, but i think that happens many other peoples too.
crimsonxone
Pretty nice idea :P there's a lot of services/games with this system and it's awesome :P
loli66
support+ yeah because process of making an account bank is sometimes silly and buy a cellphone is more easy and also dont represent a cost very big for the customer
Wafu
Meh.. I'm waiting long time for this. I think its good idea and its not problem to do it... But why anoyne should get acces to buy it... Its just money support and if it will be there, it will make more money for osu! But that is not important, its only money loosing, nothing else XDDDD
-Athena-
Seems to be a lot of culture shock going around here.

My advice is this, don't assume every country works like yours, and accept the points others make, please.

I myself am typing this on my iPhone, but am not allowed to own a credit card, I buy things I need cash, and thousands of teenagers in my country do the same. Convincing conservative Asian parents to go through the hassle of buying me supporter for a game they couldn't care less about on something as "dangerous" as the Internet is next to impossible, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't let me buy it if I could just walk out and pay cash.

This is why we need more payment options, I have no clue in this field, but I hope something can be done about it.

This also happens to be the only reason why I ain't buying supporter for myself, and have to rely on the kindness of others.
Saten
This is now possible
theowest
Yep.