forum

[Archived] So what's happening to me?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
P o K e
I can't connect to Bancho in-game, which I'm guessing is because of the server moving so no problem there?

I can't connect to the website. I have to use hidemyass(proxy) now to connect to it, and I can't use any links that take me off the site, I can't download any songs to play, I can't do it in-game either since I can't connect.

I would like to get this fixed before my supporter status runs out, haven't been able to get online in the game for over a week so I'm pretty sure it's already run out anyway.
Potato
1. Check your firewall, it could be blocking those connections.
2. If that does'nt work, if your in a wireless network, get a new IP adressed by the main computer on the network. This varies with routers and operating systems, so look up specifics for your needs.
3. Ask your ISP for a new IP. They should give you a new one.

Hope it helps and sorry for your troubles.
Topic Starter
P o K e
Well I looked into it for a while. I don't use a firewall and I'm not wireless, I was thinking about changing IP but I have so many things that are connected to that IP address, so I looked for another solution. The proxy I was using I thought was the best, but I went ahead and looked around for other ones, most of them wanted money to even show images(can't believe they're at the top) and finally found a free one that let me stay logged into the website, download beatmaps, etc.

I would have liked if it wasn't so complicated to get onto the website. For a while I thought the game was down so I think I wasted my last week of supporter thinking I couldn't do anything. Oh well. I really liked the in-game download but I'll just have to donate again next month.
Sakura
Topic Starter
P o K e
Umm... I don't know if it's the proxy I'm using, but when I posted my message it took me to some other random part of the forums under the beatmaps section and a rise against song, is this me or is it a bug with others?
Sakura
What i mean is to please direct your connection issues to the thread i linked earlier.
peppy
Has the situation improved at all? It may have been DNS caching.