forum

[Archived] After the latest update beatmaps are considered unplayed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jimmyzack
Problem Detail
All of my beatmaps were labeled " not played " after I download the latest update
How can I solve this problem?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Unfortunately, there isn't something you can do about it.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Normally this is result of a recompiled database. Which shouldn't happen unless it gets corrupted, which can happen if you play between Stable Fallback, and Latest versions.
Topic Starter
jimmyzack

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Normally this is result of a recompiled database. Which shouldn't happen unless it gets corrupted, which can happen if you play between Stable Fallback, and Latest versions.
Yes !!! This is what actually happened. So, can this situation be fix? By the way , why would playing between Stable Fallback, and Latest versions cause the problem. Also, I am not sure what " Stable Fallback" means and what is the difference.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Stable Fallback is a release stream of osu! that is highly outdated and only exists for people whose computers cannot handle latest. Since Fallback is old some things are incompatible.

A Corrupted database isn't normal, and shouldn't really happen for no reason. Make sure it's not being touched by anything? (Anti-virus or some kind of "Cleaning" program) would be worth to double check to make sure osu! isn't installed to a /temp/ folder. Though this is extremely unlikely, and that causing this behaviour even more so.
Topic Starter
jimmyzack

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Stable Fallback is a release stream of osu! that is highly outdated and only exists for people whose computers cannot handle latest. Since Fallback is old some things are incompatible.

A Corrupted database isn't normal, and shouldn't really happen for no reason. Make sure it's not being touched by anything? (Anti-virus or some kind of "Cleaning" program) would be worth to double check to make sure osu! isn't installed to a /temp/ folder. Though this is extremely unlikely, and that causing this behaviour even more so.
Thank you for your help!