Brad Breeck - S2 Trailer Theme

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh

Arusamour wrote:

Beware (4,18 stars, 218 notes)

1. 00:00:121 (1,2,3) - either follow the synths or 00:03:121 (1,2) - follow percussion. I'm really debating on whether i should apply this since so many people have pointed it out, but I honestly believe it's fine with my intention behind why I mapped it the way I did. I'll change if it becomes a problem i guess xd
  2. 00:09:871 (4) - consider a pause here because it later implements the song better on rhythm pauses like 00:10:621 (7) - , 00:13:433 (1) - , 00:16:433 (4) - . i find it slightly out of place since I wont ever use a pause anywhere else in that section, the 1/1 sliders are mostly mapped on long held sounds in the song
  3. 00:10:808 (2) - don't skip beat. 00:10:621 nothing should be here (besides filler rhythm but which isn't compatible here). since the sliders are mapped on pretty long and significant (bell-ish) sounds this seems perfectly fine to me imo
  4. 00:22:058 (4) - another beat here you skipped which you don't want to skip. same as above
  5. 00:34:621 (1) - change rhythm to 2 1/2 sliders 00:34:621 (1,2,3,4) - I wanted to put more emphasis on the percussion here so I wanted to use a slider that was different than the ones i have been using
  6. 00:44:933 (6) - i find the placement very random. i think you should rather continue the flow not too sure, this pattern uses a basic back and forth kinda flow which i think is fine too. If other people disagree i could change it since the suggestion looks pretty cool too lol
Thanks for modding o/. Hope my reasoning makes sense
pishifat
insane
00:00:308 (2) - song isnt really prioritizing red ticks here, so better to use rhythms that ordinarily prioritize white ticks (aka every other rhythm in this section)
00:02:746 (4,5,6,1) - might actually be better as this so blue tick is moreso the focus

hard
same first thing as insane
00:51:121 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - starting reverse sliders on blue ticks like this makes it seem like blue ticks are more important than they are lol. do like a rhythm that (once again) focuses on the white/red stuff. any other rhythms you used earlier would be ok alternatives too

callmeback
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh

pishifat wrote:

insane
00:00:308 (2) - song isnt really prioritizing red ticks here, so better to use rhythms that ordinarily prioritize white ticks (aka every other rhythm in this section)
00:02:746 (4,5,6,1) - might actually be better as this so blue tick is moreso the focus

hard
same first thing as insane
00:51:121 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - starting reverse sliders on blue ticks like this makes it seem like blue ticks are more important than they are lol. do like a rhythm that (once again) focuses on the white/red stuff. any other rhythms you used earlier would be ok alternatives too

callmeback
ok i give xd, applied all.

Thanks pishi o/
ZekeyHache
Hi hi! From the bn boys~
[General]
  1. Maybe add the main characters to tags?
[Easy]
  1. 00:00:121 (1,2) - I may be too picky on this one since the objects are somewhat far, but this blanket doesn't look good. You may have not even planned to make it a blanket, but it has the appearance of a bad blanket, so I would fix that. pls :3
[Hard]
  1. 00:47:371 (3) - Why don't you make it go down like the other two sliders in the pattern? It would feel cool while playing, the pattern would be more consistent, and also it would look neater because you'll be using the same parallel spacing. Pretty *-*
    Also, you were consistent with the three sliders on similar patterns that follow the same rhythm, for instance 00:43:621 (1,2,3) - and 00:28:621 (1,2,3) - .
Nothing more besides that, pretty and neat!
Call me back~ pishi will qualify~
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh

ezek wrote:

Hi hi! From the bn boys~
[General]
  1. Maybe add the main characters to tags? too many main characters ==. imo its not really necessary xD, since people would most likely still search for "Gravity Falls"
[Easy]
  1. 00:00:121 (1,2) - I may be too picky on this one since the objects are somewhat far, but this blanket doesn't look good. You may have not even planned to make it a blanket, but it has the appearance of a bad blanket, so I would fix that. pls :3 oups,
    think i fixed it, tho its really hard to tell from this distance since its really blurred out

[Hard]
  1. 00:47:371 (3) - Why don't you make it go down like the other two sliders in the pattern? It would feel cool while playing, the pattern would be more consistent, and also it would look neater because you'll be using the same parallel spacing. Pretty *-*
    Also, you were consistent with the three sliders on similar patterns that follow the same rhythm, for instance 00:43:621 (1,2,3) - and 00:28:621 (1,2,3) - .
    I like the flow on the sliders here, also that way, the (4) is a bit more emphasized.
Nothing more besides that, pretty and neat!
Call me back~ pishi will qualify~
Thanks ezek!
ZekeyHache
Nominated.
Weber
weird af metadata
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh

Weber wrote:

weird af metadata
Tfw the only metadata i could find is from a tumblr post
pishifat
when do i rank
Strategas
before that, you might want to lower SV in the intro to like 0.5x or 0.75x in the top diff for intensity reasons
pishifat
good point
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh

Strategas wrote:

before that, you might want to lower SV in the intro to like 0.5x or 0.75x in the top diff for intensity reasons
applied this, thanks strategas~

also updated some missing HS's, so I think we're good to go now
pishifat
the problem is i don't have any active hours
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh
Thanks pishi!
Dashyy-
shouldn't the artist be "bradbreeck"?

https://soundcloud.com/bradbreeck

+ most of the other maps have bradbreeck as the artist.
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh

Dashyy- wrote:

shouldn't the artist be "bradbreeck"?

https://soundcloud.com/bradbreeck

+ most of the other maps have bradbreeck as the artist.
bradbreeck is in the tags because of this, the metadata I have lists him as "Brad Breeck", as do the other GF songs on osu!
Kyouren
Gratzz! :3

We can used bradbreeck and Brad Breeck since bradbreeck following from his soundcloud and Brad Breeck from his website :p
Shmiklak
cool another gravity falls track grats
Mismagius
I can understand that it'd maybe turn this map into a farm map but OD7 really takes the challenge from the last diff, it's basically a free SS unless you play it with HR D:

other than that great map and song choice
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh
Thanks guys o/

I think OD7 is still better for players that actually play maps that are around 4*, since the stream kiai can be a bit harsh with a higher OD in that sense imo, especially since it seemingly comes out of nowhere. Thanks for the feedback though BD~
Hikomori
gratz!
Myxo
From Mapping Advise Queue.

This map is definitely clean and fun like you mentioned as your goal. It also provides quite some variety, since you always follow the most interesting instrument in each section, which is a neat skill for a mapper with few ranked maps.
I also don't think your sectioning is poor. As I said, each section is mapped differently, be it through different SVs, different rhythms or different jump usage. However, if you want even more contrast between different sections in your future maps to make them more interesting, you should try using undermapping and overmapping in sensible ways. For example, the first section of this song (until 00:05:558 -) is much less intense than the rest of the song, since there is no beat yet and only the melody plays. You showed this intensity by using small spacings, however the rhythm is still as dense as in other sections of the map because of the melody. A more contrasting choice would've been to undermap this section by ignoring most of the melody - There are these long sounds in the background which could be followed with long sliders, for example, and the rest left blank. This way you would've build up a lot of tension that makes the players more excited for the rest of the map. Overmapping in the most intense sections is also a valid tool to increase contrast, though in this map it wouldn't really work because the last section is also so dense coming from the song. It obviously sticks out a lot as it is, so there is no need to overmap here.

I also took a quick look at your Sonic Mania map and I liked it a lot. I really like how you used different mapping techniques to highlight special parts of the song on that one, for example the symmetry usage for intense transitions like 00:14:270 (1,2,1,2,1) -. Keep going that way and don't fear experimenting with different genres of songs, since it will allow you to play around with different types of patterns naturally. Good luck :3
Topic Starter
Kaitjuh
totally forgot to reply to this, but thanks Desperate for the advice! Love the concept of the queue and I hope you'll be able to help other people with their mapping visions as well!

The extra sonic mania was a nice bonus too, appreciate it xD