forum

Is it normal to destroy your keyboard keys in osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dGeist
Just asking if is it just me tapping too hard than supposed to, causing me to fracture my keypads (5 keys lost) after long streaming.

My keyboard is a SteelSeries Apex m800. Keys input well in normal games, but in osu I seem to require extra force for input especially jumps, although much more accurate than my previous kb.
Full Tablet
Keycaps made of translucid ABS plastic (the ones that your keyboard most likely uses) are usually rather brittle.

Opaque ABS keycaps are ductile and tend to break less easily (though they can deform easily). PBT keycaps are more rigid, and would hardly ever break or deform while playing the game.
repr1se
Are the switches themselves breaking or just the keycaps?
kai99
Personally I haven't broken any......... But then I don't tap that hard imo.
Caradine
don't use keyboard don't break keys
Nattsun
It helps if you actually read the maps you are playing and stop reacting to circles... (wtf is with your acc lmao)

No I don't broke any keys on my keyboard, which surprised me because I played 420 hours on a laptop. The 2 keys I used sounded different, though.
Sayorie
Try getting heavier switches like MX Blacks to somewhat mitigate the force you're exerting. 20g more of actuation force might not seem a lot, but as your hand tires more, you'll slowly learn how to make more efficient keystrokes.
ManuelOsuPlayer

dGeist wrote:

Just asking if is it just me tapping too hard than supposed to, causing me to fracture my keypads (5 keys lost) after long streaming.

My keyboard is a SteelSeries Apex m800. Keys input well in normal games, but in osu I seem to require extra force for input especially jumps, although much more accurate than my previous kb.
On my laptop keyboard i only have 8 keys working. I destroy all the keys 1by1 streaming and a couple singetapping.
On the external keyboard i deformed some keys. They can almost rotate xD.