forum

Lexi & The Cheap Disaster - Conveyor Belts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CypherConjured
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, January 26, 2018 at 18:36:52

Artist: Lexi & The Cheap Disaster
Title: Conveyor Belts
Tags: Chiptune disasterpeace famicom 8bit
BPM: 180
Filesize: 1769kb
Play Time: 01:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (2.23 stars, 109 notes)
  2. Easy (1.02 stars, 37 notes)
  3. Hard (1.47 stars, 10 notes)
  4. Normal (1.58 stars, 81 notes)
Download: Lexi & The Cheap Disaster - Conveyor Belts
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap. This is from the "Ram Son" album by Disasterpeace. I might eventually finish this. After playing for quite a bit, I realize that this is nowhere near finished.

Update! Added REUSE-ABLE's suggestions and tweaked the spacing of some objects on hard diff.

Update! Boop, resurrected the beatmap and made some changes. Working on a new hard diff.
Shizuku
This is good for your first beatmap! I can see you have a pretty solid understanding of object placement and timing ^^ Though there are a few things that could be improved (this is my first time attempting to mod so I hope I do okay..)

-Circle size could be larger, unless small circle size is something you did on purpose. As a new player at standard myself, I prefer bigger circle sizes but this is optional. I'd suggest around 3 if you are going to change the size. Your easy difficulty could also have a 3 (which is what I'd recommend).

-Approach rate could be slower. New players aren't used to going fast, so I'd suggest also making this a 3 or a 4. (Unless it was your intentions all along.) Easy difficulty could be the same ar, unless you're keeping it at a 5 then definitely change it. It's fine to have the approach rate higher on different difficulties (ex. For a hard difficulty the 5 would be appropriate here.)

00:11:999 (4) - The slider placement here seems odd compared to the others. I'd suggest moving it up so it follows the flow of the map more. Same applies to the slider after to follow the flow.

00:13:333 (6) - Again with the flow thing, the jump feels odd to me.

00:15:999 (6) - Maybe move the slider up so the jump doesn't feel so awkward. Since it's the next slider in the map, 00:17:666 (7) - could be moved in line with the last slider to make the flow nicer.

00:50:666 (3,4,5,6,7) - If you're keeping the ar 5, this might be hard for new players to read and the jumps seem inconsistent. Moving them closer and in a different pattern could help.

Other than that, everything else seems to be okay. :D I will look over this sometime later when I'm not so tired but I hope this helped in some sort ^^ Also if you decide to make higher difficulties I can help mod those too ^-^
Topic Starter
CypherConjured
Thank you very much for your suggestions! I agree with most of what you said. As for the difficulty settings, I bumped them one point to the left to make things easier. The only thing that I might want to change now is the slider at 00:17:666 (7) because it doesn't seem timed quite right. I might have to play it a couple more times, but I think I'm happy with the result.
Shizuku
Glad I could help! :D I tested your easy and I couldn't find anything that seemed out of place. Good job! Like I said before, if you do end up making a hard difficulty I'd be more than happy to help you mod it ^^
Topic Starter
CypherConjured
I started on the Hard difficulty. I have listened to this song so many times now, and I'm still hearing new things. I think Hard might be too Hard, but I don't really know. It also feels a little repetitive, but I'm not sure what to add to it.

Edit: Hard mode is finished, I'm pretty happy with it. It could be harder, but I think I'm okay with what it is.
REUSE-ABLE
HEYYYY
mmmmm i will mod just the hard one ok? since i have so much modding request to do
00:34:333 (9) - dis pattern is unrankable. consider change it to one way pattern
00:54:333 (1) - ... change this pls. do mix pattern.

I want u to Ctrl+Shift+A

Fix the problems. especially the not snapped one.
just move the note stick to the wire.

Thank YOU :D
Topic Starter
CypherConjured
First of all, thank you for modding! Even with this being my first map I kind of suspected that those objects were bad. I'm not sure what you mean by "one-way pattern" or "mix pattern", but I changed the parts you mentioned. Hopefully, the map is rankable now. I did AI mod again and fixed everything it told me to. It's kind of weird how the AI mod spacing sometimes conflicts with the 1x distance snap spacing. I assume that spacing is not as important as the other things it tells you to do.

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate the input!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.