forum

[duplicate] [invalid] Reset Account Feature

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Toxi
Being able to reset your Osu! account would be very useful for many reasons. It would be a one-time thing that players could do to keep it form getting abused, and you would have to request to reset it after you've already reset it once. You would only be able to request another reset once every 8 months or so to keep people from spamming requests. You would only be able to reset after rank 950k to keep from new users from getting mad and resetting their score without thinking about it. It would only reset your score and PP, but keep the play-count to keep any flags getting set and banning the user. To protect accounts, there should be a 48-hour time-frame where you can stop the reset via Email and reset your password. This could help clean the Osu! servers of multi-accounters, because some people make another account because they have unreasonably messed up PP. After resetting, all your ranked scores would be removed from the leader-boards to keep them from getting clogged up by the same user. This obviously is just a rough-idea, and all the ends are not tied off, but it would be nice to have because some people, like me, have PP scores that are so jacked that they cant gain PP anymore.
Sandy Hoey
This is never going to happen, as much as many people want it to. Accounts will never be reset

Duplicate (Invalid): t/85765
Topic Starter
Toxi

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Yes, its a duplicate, but duplicates are allowed if there is a good reason. The reason is, nobody has really cared much about this feature, but it people payed attention to it and didn't just look for reasons why it wouldn't be useful and see the reasons why it would be, it would be better.
Piine

_Toxi wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Yes, its a duplicate, but duplicates are allowed if there is a good reason. The reason is, nobody has really cared much about this feature, but it people payed attention to it and didn't just look for reasons why it wouldn't be useful and see the reasons why it would be, it would be better.
More of the reason this idea won't be accepted is as stated why the previous suggestion was invalidated. ppy strictly wishes to keep accounts active. (iirc there was a specific reason. Only thing that comes to mind is the pp system which comes to mind I guess though feel free to correct me in I'm incorrect)

So it really on either you go out with a bang by breaking the games rules to hanging your information and dropping it in the sea so you don't have access to the account no more..
Topic Starter
Toxi

Sulker wrote:

ppy strictly wishes to keep accounts active
I see that point, but this could also help people stay active because they will be able to fix their account instead of creating a new one and getting banned on both.
Minisora
I don't get it, how does resetting pp help? Is this a std thing? Cause I play mainly mania and I don't see how resetting pp helps in any way.
Topic Starter
Toxi

Minisora wrote:

I don't get it, how does resetting pp help? Is this a std thing? Cause I play mainly mania and I don't see how resetting pp helps in any way.
It would help in most game-modes, because if you get an extremely high PP score somehow, its effects all the other PP due to the weighting system. After a couple good scores, your PP basically becomes locked. And say you leave the game for a few months, whenever you come back your skill will be that much worse and it will be way harder to get PP again.
Minisora
So....you're saying you don't like having a stagnant pp? Cause the way I see it, your pp will be higher with the one high pp play. If you remove it, it will be easier to get pp, but it'll still be lower than what you had with the high pp play.
Sandy Hoey
Maybe if you played more, you could get better and start getting higher pp plays to match your top play. 77 hours in a year is like opening osu! by accident.
Nathanael
I'm 99% sure that this will never happen. Resetting stats is a tactic for cowards.

Contact accounts@ppy.sh and ask for the reason why they didn't want this.