forum

Osu Window Resolution in relation to Tablet Area Query

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Corrupt]
So since I started playing back in November 2015 i've always used the same setup: 1024x768 screen resolution with the window moved to the top of the screen rather than the centre, and my tablet area is default full, however sometimes I experience lag spikes and slight delays on the cursor for certain skins, and feel like the small res is the issue. If I started playing fullscreen, what would my tablet area need to look like to have an identical playing experience to the 1024x768 and full area play? my monitor uses 1920x1080 resolution and I have a Huion Kenting K58 tablet.
Caradine

[Corrupt] wrote:

2014x768 screen resolution
typo (i'm only saying this because it took me a few minutes to realize)

1. Think about if you want to change your area - enlarging the osu window (to fullscreen) will still keep your pen movement to pixels travelled on the screen ratio the same.

2. In osu the horizontal resolution is irrelevant if it's wider than 4:3 - raising the window size from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 is a 40.625% increase in resolution because you are going from 768 to 1080. Counteracting this to keep the ratio between your tablet area and osu playfield size would require you to decrease your area's height by 28.888[...]%, to 71.11111111% of its former size. Keep forced proportions on and the width will decrease accordingly

3. Alternate option - Play fullscreen, but use the letterboxing option to make it still 1024x768.
Topic Starter
[Corrupt]
OK thanks for the advice! Also, I always play with 1.87 sensitivity. If I were to follow the steps on one of the options you've given me will this not affect anything? As in it'll still feel the same after following your advice regardless of the sensitivity, as in I won't need to adjust it (sorry it was hard to explain what I was trying to say lmao).
markii
what tablet do you use?
Caradine
If your area is mapped to the entire screen, then:
To make it feel the same, you should keep it the same. Only the playfield size will increase, and movement on the screen will feel the same in relation to the distance physically travelled with the pen.
To make the playfield (which is now enlarged on the screen) take up the same portion of your tablet area (physical), you should decrease your area/sensitivity by 28.888888888% as I said (resulting in 1.33x sensitivity would be only 0.167084378% off)