forum

CPU starts to overheat whenever I run Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
Osu also overheats my laptop so much that it actually shuts down due to the heat if I don't have an external fan blowing on the hot side of the laptop. That's telling nothing though since every game does the same for this laptop. They only sell crap nowdays...
peppy
My laptop hits over 100c when playing any games (including osu!). It still handles it though.

I can suggest turning on the "frame limit" option in osu! options, as it will cause it to limit the cpu usage rather than use all available. You may also use a program like Notebook Hardware Control (google it) to limit your cpu's maximum speed and control heat.
fdtoonsman
Turn Combo Fire off, it literally makes the game HAWT.

Maybe your computer has a hitcircle fetish because it makes it literally HAWT.

Yeah I'll stop now
SBKT
That, and there's the article I read about processors comparisons. It is quite old but it compared a bunch of them, and the results of removing the cooling fans. AMD64's actually melted.

On that, it's possible your cooler just isn't powerful enough anyways.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
If the processor cooling fan and heatsink weren't adequate, then the motherboard would have warned me about the overheating problem while I played Unreal Tournament 3 or Crysis. None of this happened with them and I doubt they're less intensive than Osu!. I highly doubt it's something with my cooling in my PC as Osu! is the only game I've played that causes overheating and I'm an extremely avid (read: addicted) gamer.

In any case, turning the frame limiting on made the heat much more manageable. Thanks for suggesting it peppy.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.