forum

Drake - Passionfruit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ender_Sword
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 5:33:14 PM

Artist: Drake
Title: Passionfruit
BPM: 112
Filesize: 7776kb
Play Time: 05:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. old (3.05 stars, 635 notes)
Download: Drake - Passionfruit
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
old diff ignore

new: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/748644/discussion
TheOnlyMuffin
Solid map!
blobdash
Hello, NM from my queue!

Global

1. - You don't reach the 5 min rule (for a mapset to be ranked with only one difficulty, you need to have 5 minute DRAIN TIME, and not 5 minute length). You can see if you reach this by typing "drain>300" on your osu! ; if you see your map then you are above the required length. For this song, it's impossible to reach 5 min drain time as the music starts at 1.3sec and ends at 5:00.3 (basically the song length is 4:59).
  2. - 2nd custom combo color is too bright.[/list)

Resentment

Everything i'm gonna say is global; it applies to the whole map and to almost any case. I'm only using examples.

1. You need to stay consistent for spacing :
      00:29:787 (2,3,4) - spacing between 2 and 3 is larger than spacing between 3 and 4.
      00:31:931 (2,3,4) - ^
      You get my point. (of course this doesn't apply to stacked objects).
    2. 01:00:323 (1) - avoid curvy sliders like these. when they're too curved like you did there it doesn't look good.
    3. Try to get a structure together. Structuring things means that most objects aren't placed there for no reason ; 01:08:895 (1,4) - for example you could stack 4 on top of 1's reverse, then make a triangle with 3. (to make perfect triangles, use Ctrl+Shift+D. Then use Ctrl+Shift+S to space it however you want). You can also make squares, rotate them, etc...
    4. 01:15:323 (1,1) - Avoid overlapping objects. Except if it has a purpose (to force the player to move slowly on calm part etc) or for example 01:16:930 (1,1) - here where you can read the next slider better.
    5. 01:22:823 (4) - If you're going for a map full of linear sliders, try to get the all parallel/perpendicular. Use the rotate function (Ctrl+Shift+R) and use 180,90°.
Even though i've said a lot, your rythm is good. Your hitsounding matches the song very well too.
I think you can still get something out of this if you remap/resnap/redo some things.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Ender_Sword

FruityEnLoops wrote:

Hello, NM from my queue!

Global

1. - You don't reach the 5 min rule (for a mapset to be ranked with only one difficulty, you need to have 5 minute DRAIN TIME, and not 5 minute length). You can see if you reach this by typing "drain>300" on your osu! ; if you see your map then you are above the required length. For this song, it's impossible to reach 5 min drain time as the music starts at 1.3sec and ends at 5:00.3 (basically the song length is 4:59). thats a shame ;_;
  2. - 2nd custom combo color is too bright. fix[/list)

Resentment

Everything i'm gonna say is global; it applies to the whole map and to almost any case. I'm only using examples.

1. You need to stay consistent for spacing :
      00:29:787 (2,3,4) - spacing between 2 and 3 is larger than spacing between 3 and 4. will look into it
      00:31:931 (2,3,4) - ^ ^
      You get my point. (of course this doesn't apply to stacked objects).
    2. 01:00:323 (1) - avoid curvy sliders like these. when they're too curved like you did there it doesn't look good. ill change it up slightly
    3. Try to get a structure together. Structuring things means that most objects aren't placed there for no reason ; 01:08:895 (1,4) - for example you could stack 4 on top of 1's reverse, then make a triangle with 3. (to make perfect triangles, use Ctrl+Shift+D. Then use Ctrl+Shift+S to space it however you want). You can also make squares, rotate them, etc... not the best at structure, but ill see what I can do
    4. 01:15:323 (1,1) - Avoid overlapping objects. Except if it has a purpose (to force the player to move slowly on calm part etc) or for example 01:16:930 (1,1) - here where you can read the next slider better. !!!!
    5. 01:22:823 (4) - If you're going for a map full of linear sliders, try to get the all parallel/perpendicular. Use the rotate function (Ctrl+Shift+R) and use 180,90°. alright
Even though i've said a lot, your rythm is good. Your hitsounding matches the song very well too.
I think you can still get something out of this if you remap/resnap/redo some things.
Good luck!
Thanks!
blobdash
I can extend the song to 5 min drain if you want. Drop me a pm and i'll look into it
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.