forum

[invalid] New GAMEMODE!!! CHECK IT OUT!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Raveille
If you take all of this as offensive I'm sorry dude but that means you can't take feedback.

Meep here has explained pretty well why this won't work well and you got offended by what he said. Kinda explains a lot about you and the way you are going with this feature request.

Anyways, foresee a lock.
Caradine
this potato pc perform on this game same as 5x more expensive carrot pc-s
Blitzfrog
I see circles on da screen, CLICK WITH DA KEYBOARD

AHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEE

THIS IS DA TOUCH SCREEN OSU NO?
AHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEEAHWEEE
Chaos
First, bashing anybody who has given you undesirable feedback is not a way to garner support for your suggestion. They are legitimate concerns and questions and should be addressed as such.

Second, this proposed mode does not add any notable difference in gameplay compared to the parts of mania and standard you have cobbled together. I don't see how this is supposed to be different enough to warrant discussion about adding such a mode into the game.

While I would personally dismiss this simply as an unnecessary request, I will hesitantly keep this thread open for now with the hope that people will behave appropriately. I will not hesitate to lock it if the insults and such continue.
-Makishima S-
It's copy & paste of mania, more to this, it looks on paper even worse than mania. You basically copied mania, added some Project DIVA to this and call it a game mode? No, seriously, no, nothing special, nothing interesting in this. If i will want to play what you proposed, i will simply run project DIVA and enjoy similar gameplay with WAY BETTER quality.

you see this game mode requires you to use not only one row of keys on your keyboard but two rows.
This is an easy way to get RSI. There is a reason why mania players use one row, there is a reason why KSM/IIDX controllers have a specific key configuration. Yours is just plain impractical.

first of all I don't insult people I call out peoples stupidity. If you aint stupid then I don't call you out.
That is not the way how you handle criticism.

If people are going to be this ignorant and stupid I'll just go and talk to Peppy himself.
Ehehehehe, good luck with that.
You will end up here: https://www.reddit.com/r/peppyRoastedHimGood/

first of all you can only map the keys for the top layer of circles and the bottom layer is mapped automatically depending on where you map the top key.
That's not how it works pal. Before you put coding part for it, get knowledge WHY every mode has freedom in mapping keys.

Proof that the Osu! community is full of people with an IQ of 70. Also why not tell your friends how bad this gamemode is so they can come an join the crew or IQ70's. If they turn out to be logical people then I may ask them to reconsider there friendship.
You are clearly not capable of taking any criticism.

Good luck with getting ANY votes for it. Like seriously good luck since what i see now is your crying over people giving you constructive criticism and trust me:

NOBODY likes people like you in this subforum

Calling random people out is not how you should act as a newb here. You may end up roasted to the oblivion till you quit.
Toxi

[Taiga] wrote:

NOBODY likes people like you in this subforum
I understand hes being a butthole, but you did go a little too far.

Now for the criticism.
This could almost be done by re-skinning Mania and making the notes not move. not only that, but the 2-row of keys is an amazing way to ruin your wrist. There are two other game modes that don't have any jumps, Mania and Taiko, so instead of making a mix between them because you don't like standard jumps, practice and get better like everybody else that can make jumps. If you want want to do that, play another game-mode.

Now, also, cutting people down because they are pointing out the flaws in the idea is the wrong way of doing anything. Simply explain why what they said is wrong and leave it at that. Doing that could make other people leave the idea before even reading it all the way through, and that's a potential vote that you just lost.
Sandy Hoey

_Toxi wrote:

Now for the criticism.
This could almost be done by re-skinning Mania and making the notes not move. not only that, but the 2-row of keys is an amazing way to ruin your wrist. There are two other game modes that don't have any jumps, Mania and Taiko, so instead of making a mix between them because you don't like standard jumps, practice and get better like everybody else that can make jumps. If you want want to do that, play another game-mode.
You have to realize that this thread is 4 pages of exactly what you just said. He has responded with nothing but REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Caradine
facking normis
Caradine

Caradine wrote:

facking normis
ree
DJ Enetro

Chaos wrote:

First, bashing anybody who has given you undesirable feedback is not a way to garner support for your suggestion. They are legitimate concerns and questions and should be addressed as such.

Second, this proposed mode does not add any notable difference in gameplay compared to the parts of mania and standard you have cobbled together. I don't see how this is supposed to be different enough to warrant discussion about adding such a mode into the game.

While I would personally dismiss this simply as an unnecessary request, I will hesitantly keep this thread open for now with the hope that people will behave appropriately. I will not hesitate to lock it if the insults and such continue.
Any idea, except for a poisonous one, is a gold bar for the osu!community, and this is an example. Your locking threat is very CHAOtic, if you get the pun.
NattyC, however, Chaos was right about your explosive reactions to criticism. Chill out, consider their suggestions.

Anyways, like this idea. Reminds me of that game where you have a circular plate, and you have to swipe up/down and rotate the plate even in order to harmonize.

I see why this is resembled to mania but yet it isn't. But I do have a few suggestions:

1. Allow rotation or movement of circle positions
  2. Spinners similar to all game modes: hit keys in sequence, minimum required, bonus before spinner end
  3. Show (Silver)S/SS comboburst, guidelines same as osu!standard
  4. TAG Maps = Many circles going around
Keep faith.
johnmedina999
This is mania. No way around it.
Sorry, pal; better luck next time.
DJ Enetro

johnmedina999 wrote:

This is mania.
No way around it.
Do you have evidence?
johnmedina999

DJ Enetro wrote:

Do you have evidence?
I can preview this "new" game mode by doing this:

Axaptice

johnmedina999 wrote:

So then what would you do to make it not a mania clone?
DJ Enetro

johnmedina999 wrote:

DJ Enetro wrote:

Do you have evidence?

Nah, you wouldn't get the same feel as the idea. Mania is top down but this is center put
johnmedina999

UnNVus wrote:

So then what would you do to make it not a mania clone?
Nothing. This is styled as jubeat with the hitcircles coming in from the center, and also styled like mania where you use 4+ keys to hit 4+ targets. You can't change this so it doesn't copy either jubeat or mania.
This is jubeat or this is mania, take your pick.

DJ Enetro wrote:

Nah, you wouldn't get the same feel as the idea. Mania is top down but this is center put
So this is a reskin of mania? Gotcha.
DJ Enetro
Did you not read? I said nothing about this being a ripoff of osu!mania.
You scrub, read between the lines
Blitzfrog
Who even likes mania

Osu for the win
johnmedina999

DJ Enetro wrote:

Did you not read? I said nothing about this being a ripoff of osu!mania.
You scrub, read between the lines

DJ Enetro wrote:

Mania is top down but this is center put

DJ Enetro wrote:

"Mania is top down, this is a slight variation of mania"
Read what you write before you post.
Stop trying to deny it, you can't get around it.
DJ Enetro
Ok fine. But still his idea is good
Full Tablet
You can implement this game mode with a custom osu!mania skin and storyboards.
In a similar way they did with osu!DIVA t/365396
kai99
I dunno, as john said, it sounds like modified jubeat..
DJ Enetro
Nonetheless, this idea has potential
_Meep_

DJ Enetro wrote:

Nonetheless, this idea has potential
If you read page 3 you can see he didn't even answer a simple question as to 'how is this unique'
I doubt this has potential at all
DJ Enetro
Well, i'll start making the ideas and help.

first of all, osu!taiko and osu!mania targets are static. You press the keys once the dons/notes reach the drum/bottom row. That doesn't move in osu!taiko or osu!mania. osu!standard has circles, sliders, and spinners. that's it.

So he could have the notes/holders/spinners come from different directions and the targets can move during the song. Do you get this?

EDIT: also, on osu!diva, the targets change, moving across the screen. in this gamemode there is one location that moves per button.

and yes the keybinds can be osu!mania style.

EDIT 2: If you really doubt it, I'll make you see the good side. Don't hate on _Mee, P_lease.
_Meep_

DJ Enetro wrote:

Well, i'll start making the ideas and help.

first of all, osu!taiko and osu!mania targets are static. You press the keys once the dons/notes reach the drum/bottom row. That doesn't move in osu!taiko or osu!mania. osu!standard has circles, sliders, and spinners. that's it.

So he could have the notes/holders/spinners come from different directions and the targets can move during the song. Do you get this?

EDIT: also, on osu!diva, the targets change, moving across the screen. in this gamemode there is one location that moves per button.

and yes the keybinds can be osu!mania style.

EDIT 2: If you really doubt it, I'll make you see the good side. Don't hate on _Mee, P_lease.
Different directions? What are you talking about? Didn't you see http://imgur.com/QIZAEKB ?

Also,even if they are static, I already stated that they have their own specific SV manipulation, you didn't read it fully.

Have the targets move during the song is ultimately the worst thing you can ever ask for in a rhythm game. What I'm saying is: In standard, you can move your mouse and aim the target on your free will. However in a game mode where the targets move AND the circles have to be clicked at the same instance? That's too hard of a job for almost anybody to do. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... estrel.BBV This game is very similar to this idea (except that it's on the phone and no usage of the keyboard) ,however the notes don't simply 'move around', but appear in random places, and that the notes don't simply stay in one place. This phone game is already more interesting than this idea that you have just proposed ;/

don't worry dj i don't hate ya, just saying facts that this 'game designer student' should know about.
Luqanted

kai99 wrote:

I dunno, as john said, it sounds like modified jubeat..

Blitzfrog wrote:

Who even likes mania

Osu for the win