forum

X-axis CTB

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Davidozzo
Now CTB is based on a Y-axis conversion of circles and sliders into falling fruits. This means that when a CTB beatmap is played, the height (y parameter) of each element is ignored, as the moment when it falls depends on the timing.
What about a mod that rotates of 90° beatmaps from the Y-axis to the X-axis? Actually a vertical slider in the editor looks like a straight line of fruits falling in the same position, but if such a mod existed, that vertical slider would be converted into a diagonal (exactly as a horizontal slider appears now in-game).
I think it would be nice to see how certain maps would look like with a 90° rotation. Obviously the diff would change, so this mod would be unranked, but still a nice idea imho.
Caput Mortuum
so, if i understand it right, you want a mod that turns all vertical sliders to horizontal? idk how the game would detect it
o x
I don't know why you would want this anyways though, mappers make the maps how they want them to be played, a lot of the sliders are made a certain way to follow the music. Not to mention certain mappers map only on the X axis meaning that you would just be sitting in one place the whole time. You have to keep in mind osu!Catch mappers map for osu!Catch and have no reason to change which axis is being played on, playing converts is playing maps that weren't meant to be played for osu!Catch so that's why you think it might be cool.
Edgar_Figaro
it sounds like you are wanting a feature to make CTB fall left to right/right to left instead of top to bottom?

Could just put your monitor in portrait mode if you want that.
FiddleBlue
I don't think this will work as the gameplay ratio is 4:3 if I'm correct. It may cause problems to the map. Also, I think vertically falling is easier than horizontal.
CelegaS
I think he is speaking a mod that take Y position instead of X.
Would be stupid for special ctb because most of them have a lot of circle at the same Y but for converted it can work well.
_Meep_
I mean
the you supposed to catch the falling fruits
I dont see why you want to rotate the axis,won't make sense
Tanomoshii Nekojou
If I got it right, its like this:

from editor's perspective: (original)

to: (from suggestion)

Its like hitting Ctrl + A then Ctrl + > in the editor.... Am I correct?
If I'm correct, then it would be better if this will be unranked mod... :3