forum

Takayuki Negishi - Kaho no Teema [Guitar Version]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tortenguss
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Dienstag, 15. August 2017 at 20:10:16

Artist: Takayuki Negishi
Title: Kaho no Teema [Guitar Version]
Source: カードキャプターさくら
Tags: Shaoran, Sakura, Tomoyo, Kero, Meiling
BPM: 85
Filesize: 8914kb
Play Time: 01:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,26 stars, 44 notes)
  2. Normal (1,85 stars, 79 notes)
Download: Takayuki Negishi - Kaho no Teema [Guitar Version]
Download: Takayuki Negishi - Kaho no Teema [Guitar Version] (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'm grateful for every advice and help :D
riffy
Hey.

[General]
  1. You should consider removing the audio track from the video. It is unused and does nothing but taking up the disk space.
  2. Also, you really should add some combo colours. The default ones vary from skin to skin and can look pretty random.
  3. I would recheck the timings as I really don't think that 3 individual timing points are necessary. Just one with 85,00 seems to be accurate.
  4. There is no need to keep the hitclap hitsound as it is unused in the map.
[Normal]
  1. 00:02:632 - this beat is strong, and for that reason I would really appreciate if we could place something clickable on it. So, players would get more ffedback from it, as they'd have to press a button. Perhaps, something like this
    Note: 00:14:626 (1,2) - same would appky here and probably in a few more similar patterns. //
  2. 00:23:092 (4) - the beat here doesn't feel really intense or important to me, I feel like we should ignore it to keep rhythm easier.
    Note: 00:56:614 (4) - same.
  3. 00:26:620 (1) - place a very quiet 5%volume green line on the tail of this slider, so that the tail gives no audio feedback. This way the slider would represent the idea of the fading instrument.

Hey, that is quite impreswsive for a new mapper! I really like the way you keep rhythm simple, I think you can keep that idea and improve it, though. Some patterns like 00:35:095 (3,4,5) - appear somewhat unpolished as well, but I feel like this is one of those minor things that can be easily improved once the rhythm is addressed.
[Hard]
  1. 00:27:325 - the rhythm here feels off, I am fairly sure that you mapped it more accurately in the Normal difficulty. So, perhaps you can apply the same 1/3 rhythm here?

Generally, there are two main concerns I have. The first one being overmapping, 00:10:040 (1,2,3) - for example here. Essentially, you are following sometihng that is not in the music, which feels like an overkill for a song of this kind. Especially when we take into account the fact that there is a plenty of beats like 00:11:451 - which are inaudible.

And the second thing that bothers me is the way beats like 00:34:390 - or 00:02:632 - are mapped. As they are pretty strong, yet players get no feedback from them. Consider placing circles or start sliders on such beats, as hitting an object is a good way to stress strong sounds.

I like the direction you were going, though I feel like the rhythm should be more percise as I believe that the song asks for something more relaxed and intuitively-playable.
That is definitely a good start, I am sure you can work on the map and improve it so that your ideas and way of feeling the song are presented even better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Tortenguss

Bakari wrote:

Hey.

[General]
  1. You should consider removing the audio track from the video. It is unused and does nothing but taking up the disk space. done
  2. Also, you really should add some combo colours. The default ones vary from skin to skin and can look pretty random. done
  3. I would recheck the timings as I really don't think that 3 individual timing points are necessary. Just one with 85,00 seems to be accurate.done
  4. There is no need to keep the hitclap hitsound as it is unused in the map. done

[Normal]
  1. 00:02:632 - this beat is strong, and for that reason I would really appreciate if we could place something clickable on it. So, players would get more ffedback from it, as they'd have to press a button. Perhaps, something like this done
    Note: 00:14:626 (1,2) - same would appky here and probably in a few more similar patterns. // done
  2. 00:23:092 (4) - the beat here doesn't feel really intense or important to me, I feel like we should ignore it to keep rhythm easier done
    Note: 00:56:614 (4) - same. done
  3. 00:26:620 (1) - place a very quiet 5%volume green line on the tail of this slider, so that the tail gives no audio feedback. This way the slider would represent the idea of the fading instrument. sounds weird

Hey, that is quite impreswsive for a new mapper! I really like the way you keep rhythm simple, I think you can keep that idea and improve it, though. Some patterns like 00:35:095 (3,4,5) I did that because the notes are pretty monotonous - appear somewhat unpolished as well, but I feel like this is one of those minor things that can be easily improved once the rhythm is addressed.
[Hard]
  1. 00:27:325 - the rhythm here feels off, I am fairly sure that you mapped it more accurately in the Normal difficulty. So, perhaps you can apply the same 1/3 rhythm here? done

Generally, there are two main concerns I have. The first one being overmapping, 00:10:040 (1,2,3) - for example here. Essentially, you are following sometihng that is not in the music, which feels like an overkill for a song of this kind. Especially when we take into account the fact that there is a plenty of beats like 00:11:451 - which are inaudible.

And the second thing that bothers me is the way beats like 00:34:390 - or 00:02:632 - are mapped. As they are pretty strong, yet players get no feedback from them. Consider placing circles or start sliders on such beats, as hitting an object is a good way to stress strong sounds.

I like the direction you were going, though I feel like the rhythm should be more percise as I believe that the song asks for something more relaxed and intuitively-playable.
That is definitely a good start, I am sure you can work on the map and improve it so that your ideas and way of feeling the song are presented even better.

I changed the whole map to erase the overmapping... But I thought the Hard Diff can't called Hard anymore so I changed it to Normal an Easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Thank you very much!
ARenaissance
Hello!

I'm here from my m4m q here: t/596124

And, for your convenience, here is my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/527546

However, you only have two minutes of mapped content here, and my my map is more than 3 minutes long. So if you choose not to mod my map, then I'll be okay with that. I would still appreciate it if you looked at it, but it's not necessary.

Over-all, I really like this map. For a new mapper, this is really good! Most of my comments will be on general aesthetics and flow, since you have the mapping ideas down pretty cleanly.

[General]

BPM 85.043 is a bit suspicious. Change it to 85.000; it's probably what the song actually is. However, be sure to do this after you look at my other suggestions, since I'll be making timing references with your current bpm.

The sleigh bell finish (this one: http://up.ppy.sh/files/soft-hitfinish2.wav) I think would be appropriate in some parts of the song, if you want to put it in.

[Normal]
  1. You should lower your approach rate to around 5, now that this is a normal difficulty.
  2. In more areas of the map, you could be using circular flow, which in general looks and plays a bit nicer than a lack thereof. For example, 00:04:043 (1,2,3,4) could look something like this: , or 00:30:148 (1,2,3) could look like this: . I wouldn't do it everywhere, but you can afford to incorporate it a bit more into your map.
  3. 00:12:862 (1,2,3) - I would make this the same rhythm as 00:10:746 (1,2,3). Right now, the slider tail of 00:12:862 (1) is covering up a heavy sound.
  4. 00:14:626 (1,2) - I would switch the order of these so that the slider went first and the circle went next. I also think that the whistle should be on the long white tick on 00:15:332 .
  5. 00:27:325 (1) - You should quiet down the first note here with inheritance points. Add an inherited point at 00:27:325 and at 00:27:502 and then decrease the hitsound volume at the timing point at 00:27:325. If you don't know what this means, or you don't know how to do this or how to figure it out, then let me know in your response and I'll explain.
  6. 00:32:264 (6,7,8,9) - A structure like this I think would flow better
  7. 00:34:733 (1,2,3,4,5) - (1) isn't the same shape as the rest of the sliders.
  8. 00:36:145 (3,5) - Slider overlap is a bit unpleasant.
  9. 01:00:485 (2,1) - This overlap is also a bit unpleasant.
[Easy]
I don't want to give a list of suggestions because my main advice would be to just go through and make the entire map easier in general. Right now, it's pretty close in terms of difficulty to Normal, which makes sense since it was originally the normal difficulty. You could definitely simplify parts of this map for easier players, though. In fact, I think there are parts that are even harder than the normal, despite the lower star number! For example, 00:26:620 (1,2,3,4) - we actually have to tap those triplet notes, whereas in Normal, they were sliders! I would just leave them unmapped instead. Decrease the note density, use more 1/1 and 3/2 sliders and slow circle sections, and make the song easily playable for somebody who's literally just starting the game.

That's all from me. Good map over-all! keep working on it; it's pretty nice.
Topic Starter
Tortenguss

ARenaissance wrote:

Hello!

I'm here from my m4m q here: t/596124

And, for your convenience, here is my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/527546

However, you only have two minutes of mapped content here, and my my map is more than 3 minutes long. So if you choose not to mod my map, then I'll be okay with that. I would still appreciate it if you looked at it, but it's not necessary.

Over-all, I really like this map. For a new mapper, this is really good! Most of my comments will be on general aesthetics and flow, since you have the mapping ideas down pretty cleanly.

[General]

BPM 85.043 is a bit suspicious. Change it to 85.000; it's probably what the song actually is. However, be sure to do this after you look at my other suggestions, since I'll be making timing references with your current bpm.

The sleigh bell finish (this one: http://up.ppy.sh/files/soft-hitfinish2.wav) I think would be appropriate in some parts of the song, if you want to put it in.

[Normal]
  1. You should lower your approach rate to around 5, now that this is a normal difficulty. wouldn't it be really hard to read because there are no drums in the background?
  2. In more areas of the map, you could be using circular flow, which in general looks and plays a bit nicer than a lack thereof. For example, 00:04:043 (1,2,3,4) could look something like this:
    , or 00:30:148 (1,2,3) could look like this: . I wouldn't do it everywhere, but you can afford to incorporate it a bit more into your map. Tried to change the whole map circle and slider places
  3. 00:12:862 (1,2,3) - I would make this the same rhythm as 00:10:746 (1,2,3). Right now, the slider tail of 00:12:862 (1) is covering up a heavy sound.done
  4. 00:14:626 (1,2) - I would switch the order of these so that the slider went first and the circle went next. I also think that the whistle should be on the long white tick on 00:15:332 . done
  5. 00:27:325 (1) - You should quiet down the first note here with inheritance points. Add an inherited point at 00:27:325 and at 00:27:502 and then decrease the hitsound volume at the timing point at 00:27:325. If you don't know what this means, or you don't know how to do this or how to figure it out, then let me know in your response and I'll explain.done
  6. 00:32:264 (6,7,8,9) - A structure like this I think would flow better tried to do it similar
  7. 00:34:733 (1,2,3,4,5) - (1) isn't the same shape as the rest of the sliders.done
  8. 00:36:145 (3,5) - Slider overlap is a bit unpleasant. done
  9. 01:00:485 (2,1) - This overlap is also a bit unpleasant.
done

[Easy]
I don't want to give a list of suggestions because my main advice would be to just go through and make the entire map easier in general. Right now, it's pretty close in terms of difficulty to Normal, which makes sense since it was originally the normal difficulty. You could definitely simplify parts of this map for easier players, though. In fact, I think there are parts that are even harder than the normal, despite the lower star number! For example, 00:26:620 (1,2,3,4) - we actually have to tap those triplet notes, whereas in Normal, they were sliders! I would just leave them unmapped instead. Decrease the note density, use more 1/1 and 3/2 sliders and slow circle sections, and make the song easily playable for somebody who's literally just starting the game.
added a lot of sliders and removed a lot of circles

That's all from me. Good map over-all! keep working on it; it's pretty nice.
thank you very much!! as I got a bit confused while editing more help would be nice xD
ARenaissance
No kudosu please, but if you would like some general advice on mapping, you should definitely check out pishifat's osu!mapping videos. Here's a playlist I made of all of them: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0YW3PDdQvZ
Topic Starter
Tortenguss
thank you!
ARenaissance
I just realized I forgot to mention this. On lower difficulties, you shouldn't need to worry about low approach rate obfuscating rhythmic readability because you should have a low OD with a higher leniency net to compensate in the first place. Higher approach rates mean that the player has less time to respond to the objects, which is a bigger challenge towards low-level players.
FiddleBlue

Hello from my queue. Also made this as NM instead. I don't feel like responding to mod currently.

General
  1. Disable countdown.
  2. Disable widescreen support. You don't have any storyboarding elements.
  3. Combo colors are a bit weird with only colors around the red and brown. Perhaps adding more variations into it.
  4. Also, is this from an anime or a game? If it does, you'll probably need to credit it on the "source".
Easy
  1. 00:01:927 (2) - You made the next slider to be 1/2 so I don't see why this one shouldn't as well.
  2. 00:04:045 (1) - I think this slider is just too tedious with how many times it repeats. You can make it to be a 1/2 slider and a repeating 1/2 slider.
  3. 00:07:221 (2) - This part repeats the same sound three times. So ignoring one would be weird.
  4. 00:16:045 (1) - This slider should stop after repeating once instead as after that it sounds weird. You can add a 1/2 slider on 00:17:810 - instead.
  5. 00:21:692 (1) - Personally I think this is better if it's only repeated once and added a circle on 00:22:751 - .
  6. From 00:27:339 - to 00:28:045 - is in 1/3 snap divisor. I think covering the sounds with a whole beat slider is just boring even though it's an easy difficulty. You can change this to be a repeating 1/3 sliders instead.
  7. 00:31:221 - , 00:31:574 - and 00:31:927 - shouldn't be ignored as they are strong sounds. They aren't similar to 00:33:339 - . So I think you should emphasize them.
  8. The breaks on 00:36:163 - and 00:40:751 - are a bit random in my opinion as the music on the breaks don't really support it. It feels as more of a shortcut to not map than mapping it.
  9. 00:37:927 (1) - Red tick shouldn't be ignored here since it's a similar sound to the head slider.
  10. 00:44:280 (2) - ^
  11. 00:32:280 (2,3) - The spacing is too far according to AiMod. Usually easy difficulty doesn't have AiMod complaining about spacing.
Normal
  1. 00:01:927 (2) - Since this lands on a strong sound. I think it's better for it to be clickable.
  2. 00:06:163 (1) - ^
  3. 00:12:868 (1) - I think this looks better if it's widen a bit.
  4. 00:27:339 (1,2) - The slider head isn't really emphasizing anything as there's no sound. Also, This section is made on 1/3 snap divisor. I know you're trying to simplify it since it's a normal, but I don't really think you should as you're not following the music. How about using a repeating 1/3 slider instead?
  5. 00:37:574 (14) - This slider lands on a strong sound. I think it's better if it's clickable.
  6. 00:38:280 (1,2) - Swap NC as the slider has a particular strong sound that supports NC more.

There's really nothing much to talk about since normal and easy are simplistic. Hope this helps.
Good Luck!
Topic Starter
Tortenguss

FiddleBlue wrote:

Hello from my queue. Also made this as NM instead. I don't feel like responding to mod currently.

General
  1. Disable countdown.there is no countdown?
  2. Disable widescreen support. You don't have any storyboarding elements.done
  3. Combo colors are a bit weird with only colors around the red and brown. Perhaps adding more variations into it.that's on purpose because of the video
  4. Also, is this from an anime or a game? If it does, you'll probably need to credit it on the "source".
added Anime
Easy
  1. 00:01:927 (2) - You made the next slider to be 1/2 so I don't see why this one shouldn't as well. nah I don't want to make it too difficult again xD therefore the slider for 2 notes is okay for me
  2. 00:04:045 (1) - I think this slider is just too tedious with how many times it repeats. You can make it to be a 1/2 slider and a repeating 1/2 slider. done
  3. 00:07:221 (2) - This part repeats the same sound three times. So ignoring one would be weird.because the end is fading this slider is okay I think
  4. 00:16:045 (1) - This slider should stop after repeating once instead as after that it sounds weird. You can add a 1/2 slider on 00:17:810 - instead.done
  5. 00:21:692 (1) - Personally I think this is better if it's only repeated once and added a circle on 00:22:751 - .done
  6. From 00:27:339 - to 00:28:045 - is in 1/3 snap divisor. I think covering the sounds with a whole beat slider is just boring even though it's an easy difficulty. You can change this to be a repeating 1/3 sliders instead. done
  7. 00:31:221 - , 00:31:574 - and 00:31:927 - shouldn't be ignored as they are strong sounds. They aren't similar to 00:33:339 - . So I think you should emphasize them. added one note, but I don't want to change the rest. There must be a difference between easy and normal...
  8. The breaks on 00:36:163 - and 00:40:751 - are a bit random in my opinion as the music on the breaks don't really support it. It feels as more of a shortcut to not map than mapping it.erased the slider in the break, I want to keep one break
  9. 00:37:927 (1) - Red tick shouldn't be ignored here since it's a similar sound to the head slider.
  10. 00:44:280 (2) - ^ easy mode ^^'
  11. 00:32:280 (2,3) - The spacing is too far according to AiMod. Usually easy difficulty doesn't have AiMod complaining about spacing. done

Normal
  1. 00:01:927 (2) - Since this lands on a strong sound. I think it's better for it to be clickable.done
  2. 00:06:163 (1) - ^ nah too many circles after that
  3. 00:12:868 (1) - I think this looks better if it's widen a bit.nah
  4. 00:27:339 (1,2) - The slider head isn't really emphasizing anything as there's no sound. Also, This section is made on 1/3 snap divisor. I know you're trying to simplify it since it's a normal, but I don't really think you should as you're not following the music. How about using a repeating 1/3 slider instead?done
  5. 00:37:574 (14) - This slider lands on a strong sound. I think it's better if it's clickable.difficult to remove the slider because the other note of the slider is not worth enough
  6. 00:38:280 (1,2) - Swap NC as the slider has a particular strong sound that supports NC more.slider is nice because of fading note

There's really nothing much to talk about since normal and easy are simplistic. Hope this helps.
Good Luck!
thank you very much for modding!!
Topic Starter
Tortenguss

ARenaissance wrote:

I just realized I forgot to mention this. On lower difficulties, you shouldn't need to worry about low approach rate obfuscating rhythmic readability because you should have a low OD with a higher leniency net to compensate in the first place. Higher approach rates mean that the player has less time to respond to the objects, which is a bigger challenge towards low-level players.
changed ar in normal to 5
Pok0555
Hey, I'm from my NM q

General

I. -Hitsounds-
1. I think you should make your hitsounds a bit smaller, around 10% to be exact, it's a bit too loud for player to hear the song
2. You should add some sample set to your map, it's kinda boring to just hear 1 hitsound all the time

II. -Design-
1. Your map starts too early for countdown, go to song_setup/design and disable it

III. -Metadata-
1. The artist isn't card captor Sakura, it's the guy that composed the music (idk who he is though)
2. Is there a Japanese name for the song's name, if it does, then replace your current song's name
3. The sauce isn't anime -_- It's card captor Sakura and you have to write it in Japanese (カードキャプターさくら)
4. Where's Meiling in the tags? She was my waifu ;-;

IV. -Difficulty-
1. In Easy, Your HP drain rate is a bit too high, so is your approach rate and circle size, consider changing them to around 3
2. In Normal, Your Overall Difficulty is a bit too low, consider changing it to 5 instead, your circle sizes are a bit too small, consider changing it to around 3
That's really all I have to say tbh
Good luck! ;)
And plz add Meiling to da tags ;-;
Topic Starter
Tortenguss
[quote="Pok0555"]Hey, I'm from my NM q

General

I. -Hitsounds-
1. I think you should make your hitsounds a bit smaller, around 10% to be exact, it's a bit too loud for player to hear the song done
2. You should add some sample set to your map, it's kinda boring to just hear 1 hitsound all the time added one more hitsound

II. -Design-
1. Your map starts too early for countdown, go to song_setup/design and disable it done

III. -Metadata-
1. The artist isn't card captor Sakura, it's the guy that composed the music (idk who he is though)done
2. Is there a Japanese name for the song's name, if it does, then replace your current song's name :x
3. The sauce isn't anime -_- It's card captor Sakura and you have to write it in Japanese (カードキャプターさくら) added
4. Where's Meiling in the tags? She was my waifu ;-; added your waifu

IV. -Difficulty-
1. In Easy, Your HP drain rate is a bit too high, so is your approach rate and circle size, consider changing them to around 3 changed HP drain rate and AP to 3, CS i would like to let it to be 4 because otherwise the whole map looks ugly :x
2. In Normal, Your Overall Difficulty is a bit too low, consider changing it to 5 instead, your circle sizes are a bit too small, consider changing it to around 3 OD: I can't change it because the song's rhythm is a bit bah. It's just a guitar, there have to be space for weird notes. It's not always uniform! CS: changed, but I had to change the whole map, too, because I changed the slider velocity multiplier. If I hadn't, the map would look really ugly...
That's really all I have to say tbh
Good luck! ;)
thanks for modding!
Crypthesis
Hi!

from my modding queue

and sorry for the late response I had a trip

easy
00:07:221 (2) - I think a 1/2 repeating slider would fit better.

00:10:751 (1,2) - stack?

00:12:868 (1) - stack?

00:16:045 (1,2) - blanket

00:23:457 (3) - put whistle here?

00:27:339 (2) - I'd just use a repeating 1/2 slider for the sake of simplicity

00:30:163 (1,2) - blanket

00:44:280 (2) - Use 1/2 slider - it's really slow bpm

nm
i think you should use hitsounds more often

00:07:221 (2,3,4) - an equalateral triangle would look better imo

00:23:810 (2) - slider and mute the hitsound?

00:27:339 (2) - use 1/2 slider and make it less curved so it looks better

00:31:221 (3,5) - unless it's the sliderbody, overlaps aren't allowed

00:32:280 (6) - nc?

00:39:339 (1,2,3,4,5) - just use the same slider

00:44:280 (1,2,3) - equalateral

00:48:515 (1) - no overlap?

00:57:692 (1,3) - ^

01:00:868 (3) - object should be visible at all times

01:01:927 (1,2,1) - use ds

01:04:045 (1,3) - no overlap

01:06:163 (1,3) - ^

nice map :D
Topic Starter
Tortenguss

Crypthesis wrote:

Hi!

from my modding queue

and sorry for the late response I had a trip

easy
00:07:221 (2) - I think a 1/2 repeating slider would fit better. nice idea!

00:10:751 (1,2) - stack? No, I think it is better not to do so in easy mode

00:12:868 (1) - stack? ^

00:16:045 (1,2) - blanket aye!

00:23:457 (3) - put whistle here? done

00:27:339 (2) - I'd just use a repeating 1/2 slider for the sake of simplicity when i do this then i am missing some notes :x

00:30:163 (1,2) - blanket done

00:44:280 (2) - Use 1/2 slider - it's really slow bpm done

nm
i think you should use hitsounds more often I removed a lot of hitsounds because it sounded too overloaded

00:07:221 (2,3,4) - an equalateral triangle would look better imo changed

00:23:810 (2) - slider and mute the hitsound? the sound is loud enough to be pushed I think

00:27:339 (2) - use 1/2 slider and make it less curved so it looks better same as in easymode

00:31:221 (3,5) - unless it's the sliderbody, overlaps aren't allowed ok

00:32:280 (6) - nc? I like my clap :x

00:39:339 (1,2,3,4,5) - just use the same slider done

00:44:280 (1,2,3) - equalateral nope

00:48:515 (1) - no overlap? aye

00:57:692 (1,3) - ^ done

01:00:868 (3) - object should be visible at all times ok

01:01:927 (1,2,1) - use ds done

01:04:045 (1,3) - no overlap okay

01:06:163 (1,3) - ^ yes

nice map :D
thank you very much for your help :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.