forum

Shikata Akiko - Kin'iro no Choushou

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MissGeurts
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on woensdag 17 mei 2017 at 18:27:50

Artist: Shikata Akiko
Title: Kin'iro no Choushou
BPM: 100
Filesize: 5679kb
Play Time: 00:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,87 stars, 14 notes)
  2. Normal (2,47 stars, 257 notes)
Download: Shikata Akiko - Kin'iro no Choushou
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Any comment is welcome!
Whether my BPM feels odd, the beatmap plays funny or you just want to say something nice.
Any form of feedback is welcome!
Mordred
from my queue

This is most likely going to be more general advice

General:

Your timing feels off. I'd fix it for you but I suck at timing

Your background has pretty bad quality, I'm sure you can find a better one. If you care I could help you find one pm me ingame in that case

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8117990 You barely use all the playfield, try to use all of it, it makes the map feel less cluttered

No tags?

Normal
00:30:511 (2,3) - ctrl+g the ryhthm here, meaning you swap the position of the circle and slider on the timeline. Currently your slider starts on nothing, but ends on a strong piano sound, swapping them makes that sound clickable

00:38:911 (1,3) - overlaps like this are confusing for newer players, as the 2nd circle appears right when the first one is clicked, so it's easy to misread

00:44:011 (3) - there is no reason to suddenly switch rhythm to a super long slider like this, staying consistent is better

00:48:511 (1) - I hate to say it, but the heart shape is uneven ):

00:48:511 (1,2) - overlapping sliders like that is also not very appealing visually

00:58:111 (1) - those anchor points LOL

01:07:711 - your rhythm is really weird in this section, you have a lot of strong sounds mapped to either nothing or sliderends, try to make them clickable to make it more intuitive to play

01:13:299 - this for example is in the middle of a repeat slider, which means you can't even hitsound it to provide any kind of feedback

01:22:122 (6) - avoid sliders that don't really follow anything like this one

02:00:722 (1) - pretty sure this and this 02:02:522 (3) - should be more like this but it's hard to tell with the current timing

02:03:422 (4) - try to avoid 1/2 sliders with multiple reverse arrows like this, it's hard to read in general because of the short time the reverse arrows after the first one are visible, and especially new players have trouble with this

02:41:522 (1,1) - since this is a Hard, spinner recovery time should be at least one full beat to give new players some rest time

02:59:972 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - overlapping like this is insanely hard to read for new players, I'm sure you can find another way

03:04:622 (2) - super edgy sliders like this tend to be quite unappealing visually

04:20:222 (1) - overlapping the slider start and end like this makes it nearly impossible to guess which direction the slider goes, make the overlap more visible

A lot of what I mentioned applies to other spots as well, keep that in mind when going through my mod.
For now you should focus on fixing the timing and getting a rhythm that's easier to understand in your map, right now it's a little all over the place.
Good luck in future mapping