forum

Gekidan Hitotose - Curtain Call!!!!! [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xinnoh
00:11:249 (11249|2) - This section's hitsounds are really lacking kicks. Increasing the soft-hitnormal volume really doesn't add anything, and just creates more chaos for the player when trying to understand what is being followed. I'd really suggest replacing it with a more normal drum kick, and is intuitive to understand what is going on.
Topic Starter
Shima Rin

Sinnoh wrote:

00:11:249 (11249|2) - This section's hitsounds are really lacking kicks. Increasing the soft-hitnormal volume really doesn't add anything, and just creates more chaos for the player when trying to understand what is being followed. I'd really suggest replacing it with a more normal drum kick, and is intuitive to understand what is going on.
I don't quite get what you mean cuz I have been using this C hitsound for the entire diff and it doesn't make me feel it's not suited into the song. And why do you mention "increasing the "soft-hitnormal volume" while I use drum-hitnormal and has 80% throughout most of the map? Can you explain your concerns more and provide me with the ideal hit-sample that fits your choice? Thanks!
Xinnoh
using the drum-whistle1 would be fine, it provides more contrast compared to have a different sound than using the same as the hitnormal.

Soft-hitnormal I'm just referring to the sound it makes since it's the default, not the actual file
Topic Starter
Shima Rin

Sinnoh wrote:

using the drum-whistle1 would be fine, it provides more contrast compared to have a different sound than using the same as the hitnormal.

Soft-hitnormal I'm just referring to the sound it makes since it's the default, not the actual file
I kinda see your point but I still want to keep as it is now, and I think C and cymbal light have already expressed that part to a large extent. I don't feel that this part is confusing at all tbh. Hitsounds there are correctly placed with respect to the original sounds and I am still satisfied with its current stage.

Still thanks for your concern. Hope you can understand.
Weber
i like frogs

Very minor change to a pattern in the EZ, otherwise really solid set, grats!
shionelove
Easy
from 00:27:101 to 00:43:492 i think you should respect snare's accent here.they are different from 00:17:736
from 00:21:248 to 00:26:370 this part is really hard and makes huge unnecessary spike.00:21:979 (21979|0,22126|1,22272|3) - suddenly BPM205 1/2 appear,then 00:23:150 (23150|3,23150|1,23589|0,23589|3) - these hard LN patterns for beginners,and 00:25:931 (25931|3,25931|0,26077|2,26077|1,26370|0,26370|3) - .

Normal
00:57:539 (57539|2,58417|0,58710|3,59296|2,59588|0) - this rhythm is awful for me.imo making them 1/1 LNs is better.
00:59:881 (59881|1) - comparing with other diffs,this LN lasts a bit longer.
Topic Starter
Shima Rin

shionelove wrote:

Easy
from 00:27:101 to 00:43:492 i think you should respect snare's accent here.they are different from 00:17:736

I understand your points. Yes this is a very common way to map in most 4K Easy diffs. However, I don't think my patterns are legitimately wrong, because I am still holding my focus on drums within the whole part here.
Another thing that worth mentioning is that you can see that in Normal, this part features nearly no double notes, but rather hold its focus on vocals. If I put doubles respect to snares, two double notes will appear in each bar (previously only one per bar), which means actually a general buff in this part, which I think will be too close with the note amount in Normal in this part here. Easy should just be easy, as I think, so I decide to this also for keeping a reasonable spread from Normal.

from 00:21:248 to 00:26:370 this part is really hard and makes huge unnecessary spike.00:21:979 (21979|0,22126|1,22272|3) - suddenly
BPM205 1/2 appear,then 00:23:150 (23150|3,23150|1,23589|0,23589|3) - these hard LN patterns for beginners,and 00:25:931 (25931|3,25931|0,26077|2,26077|1,26370|0,26370|3) - .

This part features denser drums, so I am actually following the music to put those 1/2, which I don't think they are necessary. Besides, they are not continuous but with enough empty intervals between each other so I think the difficulty won't be too hard for new players. LNs are meant to represent the continuous sounds so they are also placed with reasons. For the final doubles, they are for the drum+cymbal so I place double for them. And to not challenge the beginners, I give enough rest after this pattern, which is more than half a bar. These patterns are also meant to inherit something from Normal but also keep a reasonable spread with Normal, so I hope you can understand that.
Thanks for modding this and giving out your opinions. Even though they don't fit with my ideas very much, I still appreciate your effort. ;)
Topic Starter
Shima Rin

shionelove wrote:

Normal
00:57:539 (57539|2,58417|0,58710|3,59296|2,59588|0) - this rhythm is awful for me.imo making them 1/1 LNs is better.

The rhythm here is just similar to higher diffs, so for consistency I am ok with them.

00:59:881 (59881|1) - comparing with other diffs,this LN lasts a bit longer.

Nice catch. This looks to be a thing, but since the vocal is still continuing I can understand the logic behind why it is longer. Anyway, I will contact with Amiichii to look at it and ask for necessary action to fix this if this is just his mistake.
Lasse
as requested
Topic Starter
Shima Rin
Fixed LN inconsistency in Normal as pointed out by shionelove.
FAMoss
Lasse
Weber
nice
Topic Starter
Shima Rin
Thanks a lot! ;)
Rhezie
the whole pattern of your map.......describe you a lot . congratz
_Stan
LaoPoNiuBi
Crumpey
Really late post sorry

the difficulty curve is absolutely insane Hard and normal are so far apart from eachother

The curve is insane, not to mention the object count is almost doubled. something should probably be done about this

Normal

Hard

shionelove
now ranked
about diff curve
in terms of it's fine:that Normal is GD and due to the song adjusting diff would cause decrease its quality.
in terms of it's not fine:as CrumpetFiddler says

imo,Insane diff is really overmapped,so if i want to make this song Hard should be hardest one,then 2or3 diffs follow.
but it depends on mapper
Crumpey
im aware its ranked, the diff curve in a sense is forgivable due to a gd, but the pictures ive provided aren't just ' a little ' off, its insanely different. im surprised no one picked up on this
Topic Starter
Shima Rin
Ah spread.

I hate to talk about this but I have to say that the pictures you are given are not insanely different from my perspective. It's different music interpretation and when you understand that things won't be too different.

Spread is also subjective, and it sometimes infringes people from being more creative on patterns. That's all.

Since it is ranked I don't wanna talk any more. Good luck mania guys.