forum

Shannon Chan-Kent - Equestria Girls

posted
Total Posts
show more
Larto
I'm not hating, I'm just saying it defeats the purpose of difficulty names; they shouldn't ONLY be creative space for the mapper, they should also indicate who mapped a difficulty and, especially, what kind of difficulty your map is supposed to be. The star rating alone is not always reliable, and thus, difficulty names like these just leave the difficulty to free interpretation and won't become clear until the player plays all difficulties. You can still make it something like "Zelbrony's Normal" or something silly like that.
ztrot
I don't see to big of a issue it is better than some diff names we get anyays had the offset changed to 680 and fixed a opps red offset in the taiko it wasn't suppose to be there.
Zelos

Larto wrote:

I'm not hating, I'm just saying it defeats the purpose of difficulty names; they shouldn't ONLY be creative space for the mapper, they should also indicate who mapped a difficulty and, especially, what kind of difficulty your map is supposed to be. The star rating alone is not always reliable, and thus, difficulty names like these just leave the difficulty to free interpretation and won't become clear until the player plays all difficulties. You can still make it something like "Zelbrony's Normal" or something silly like that.
I understand your point of view BUUUUUUTTTTTTTT
I honestly dont see such an issue with this because the star rating goes from 2.5 stars, to 4 stars, to 5 stars.
One should clearly be able to see the difficulty difference here. I mean really cmon it isnt that hard :p
Not trying to spark any more drama but Ive seen sets with just "Larto" and even one as wierd as "Larto's Vegetables"
Larto

ztrot wrote:

it is better than some diff names we get anyays
Just because someone did it, it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Zelos wrote:

Not trying to spark any more drama but Ive seen sets with just "Larto" and even one as wierd as "Larto's Vegetables"
Just because I did it, it doesn't mean it's a good idea either.

And it overall still defeats the point of even having difficulty names. How does it hurt to rename them to something like "ztrony's Hard" or something silly like that? At least it would bring one less map to the ranked category which new mappers could use as an example of "they did it too!!!!"
SapphireGhost
So you've seen sets with [Larto] and [Larto's Vegetables] but surely, that can't be a problem because according to you, one is clearly able to see the difficulty difference with the star rating. Larto also doesn't do that sort of difficulty naming anymore. It shouldn't be any problem to change the difficulty names to include Easy or Normal or whatever, anyway. [Zelbrony's Normal], [Muffpony's Hard], [ztrony's Insane]. PROBLEM SOLVED!

EDIT: larto you ninja
Zelos
Bah. I give up. I will leave it all to iMuffin to decide if he wants to change the names or not.
I personally like them the way they are now.
Sakura
[General]
Some inherited sections are unsnapped ahead of the notes, i'd suggest you recheck your timing sections in case hitsounds arent sounding as intended.

[ztrony]
00:13:400 (2,3,4,5) - If you look at it carefully 2 and 4 are misaligned, so are 3 and 5, intentional?
01:20:840 (10) - i think this would be better positioned in the center of the grid rather than below (8), or at least where (3) was.

[Zelbrony]
00:33:800 (1) - New combo due to spinner combo bug (counting this slider as part of the same combo as the spinner)
00:48:680 (5) - Sorry but i dont agree with having a so short slider that repeats so many times, could try a way around this?
01:02:360 (1,3) - ^
01:17:720 (1,3) - ^
01:25:160 (1) - I suggest you fade out this spinner's volume.

Very minor and easily fixable things, should be expected considering this was already bubbled once
ztrot
derp fix and added and everything is good now I think the timing change isn't big enough to justify a entire resnap of every green section.

01:02:360 (1,3) - ^
01:17:720 (1,3) - ^

personally I see these fitting in just fine.

Download: Shannon Chan-Kent - Equestria Girls (iMuffin) [ztrony].osu

Download: Shannon Chan-Kent - Equestria Girls (iMuffin) [Zelbrony].osu
Shiro
Random mod go !

Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what you did) and why.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game. :)

General
  1. Disable "letterbox during breaks" as you have a video ? This will prevent the black bars that usually appear in breaks from appearing - and hiding the video.
  2. Write in the map description what diff each of these is supposed to be. :/ I can guess Normal-Hard-Insane, but still.
  3. You could easily get custom combo colours for that map, just following the ponies' hair for example. Try doing this =p
Zelbrony
  1. Since you went for a pretty simple (simple as in easy to play, I don't mean it in a bad way) rhythm, I recommend (really) to use simple combos to match the rhythm - that is, a new combo every big white tick. It will make sense with the way you mapped things, and emphasize the rhythm. A new combo every second big white tick could work as well, but it would make the combos quite long.
  2. There are sliders that I think don't fit in the map, because they completely stop any movement and flow, and link together things that shouldn't be linked (the poum-clap should be a duo rhythm). Also, if you go for the 4/1 comboing, they break it in a very bad way. These:
    00:06:440 (4) -
    00:21:320 (4) -
    00:35:240 (1) -
    00:48:680 (6) -
  3. Still talking about repeat sliders, I really think kick sliders don't fit in a Normal diff (especially not the easiest diff of the mapset). They're confusing because the number of repeats cannot be expected nor read (because the cursor hides the repeat arrows). New players don't get the reflex of holding sliders until the very end, so they will combo break on them. On top of that, yours start on red ticks, which confused even me. You're using tick rate 2 but never explot it in your diff. You can just make long slider, using the tick rates for the vibrato (kind of vibrato) in the vocals ! These:
    01:02:360 (1,3) -
    01:17:720 (1,3) -
Muffpony
  1. I'd suggest to raise OD by one tick, but that's just a personal preference =p
  2. Talking about the map itself, the blankets could be improved. I know I'm picky about it and stuff, but I see errors in blankets very easily (not everyone does or even cares), and these are easy to fix and make maps look instantly better, so please spend the few minutes for each slider. :/
    00:06:440 (4) - The body is further away than the ends.
    00:09:320 (6) - The body is closer than the ends.
    00:13:160 (2,4) - Make them parallel =p
    00:29:240 (5) - Uneven blanket ? If it's not a blanket, my bad. But if it's not, making it one would look better !
    00:41:960 (5) - Same.
    00:47:240 (5) - The slider goes too close near the end.
  3. Some of the stacks feel weird to me. For instance:
    00:16:040 (3,4,5) - This one stops the movement twice in the same combo, which played weird to me.
    00:25:160 (5) - This one breaks the pattern. (4) is move to the upper left due to stacking, and it breaks the symmetry of the pattern. Not to mention the stack stops the movement induced by the sliders.
    01:09:800 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - All the stacks break the symmetry of the pattern. :/
ztrony
  1. I didn't like this as much as I usually love your maps, to be honest. I foud this one to have worse flow. It might be because of the complicated spacing and directional changes, or just the way you used jumps - I don't know. Also, at times, the rhythm becomes really difficult to read. Here:
    00:22:280 (1,2) -
    00:29:960 (1,2) -
Roley-Pony's Taiko
  1. All diffs but this ones start at the same point. I strongly recommend to make this one start there, too.
  2. Make the kiai end at the same spot as the other diffs ?
MM's Taiko Poni
  • This is the most awesome custom difficulty name I have ever seen in my modding career. I love it. Really love it.
I can't help but go MEH at the difficult names. It's possible to guess what the diffs are thanks to star rating, but difficulty names are supposed to make sense and tell how hard a difficulty is. Which isn't what your names are doing. But well, I went through the thread and saw you're not going to fix it, that's fine.
roleykatsu
Reply-backs are in bold blue.

Odaril wrote:

Roley-Pony's Taiko
  1. All diffs but this ones start at the same point. I strongly recommend to make this one start there, too. done
  2. Make the kiai end at the same spot as the other diffs ? I personally don't see the point of Kiai being in that end portion, so I removed it in my contribution map. But, if it really is that bothersome that the kiai time spots don't fully match the other difficulties, then alright -- said change is applied as well.

On another note, I don't see what all this fuss is about when it comes to difficulty naming, but then again..

So.... eh.

But, again, if it is a nuisance that all these custom difficulty names are "omg ew change it before I cry Sodium Hydroxide out from my eyes", change my difficulty name to RoloPony's Taiko Oni or anything else of which you can think of that is more.... suitable. Or you can leave it as-is. It's not bothersome; for me anyways.
ztrot
I have decided to stick with my map set as a current thanks tho muffin should review the rest of the mod tho there are some helpful hints in there that need to be looked at.
Topic Starter
iMuffin

Odaril wrote:

Muffpony
  1. I'd suggest to raise OD by one tick, but that's just a personal preference =p
  2. Talking about the map itself, the blankets could be improved. I know I'm picky about it and stuff, but I see errors in blankets very easily (not everyone does or even cares), and these are easy to fix and make maps look instantly better, so please spend the few minutes for each slider. :/
    00:06:440 (4) - The body is further away than the ends.
    00:09:320 (6) - The body is closer than the ends.
    00:13:160 (2,4) - Make them parallel =p
    00:29:240 (5) - Uneven blanket ? If it's not a blanket, my bad. But if it's not, making it one would look better !
    00:41:960 (5) - Same.
    00:47:240 (5) - The slider goes too close near the end.
  3. Some of the stacks feel weird to me. For instance:
    00:16:040 (3,4,5) - This one stops the movement twice in the same combo, which played weird to me.
    00:25:160 (5) - This one breaks the pattern. (4) is move to the upper left due to stacking, and it breaks the symmetry of the pattern. Not to mention the stack stops the movement induced by the sliders.
    01:09:800 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - All the stacks break the symmetry of the pattern. :/
I fixed most/all of them
Shiro
Alright. Fixing the sliders as I was asked to.

Replace your .osu with this one. Remember to go through the diff to fix the spacing if you need to (I don't think you will, but check it anyway).
Download: Shannon Chan-Kent - Equestria Girls (iMuffin) [Muffpony].osu

Okay. I'm fine with the map as it is, so...

bubbled!
Zelos
Could really use a BAT anyday now lol
Krisom
Everything looks clean, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you'll have to +12 to the offset (692), confirmed with Alace senpai.

I'll rebubble after that (unless you wanna get a rebubble from someone else, then I'd rank)
Charles445

Krisom wrote:

Everything looks clean, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you'll have to +12 to the offset (692), confirmed with Alace senpai.

I'll rebubble after that (unless you wanna get a rebubble from someone else, then I'd rank)
I'm pretty sure you can rank on offset change.
Quaraezha
Hoping to see this Ranked Soon! As the first Ranked Pony Beatmap! :D
Krisom

Charles445 wrote:

Everywhere I asked was a loud and sounding no.
Did iMuffin fix the offset yet? He has not notified me..
Charles445
It looks like he fixed it, offsets appear to be 692 now.
Maybe we could get Odaril to repair?
Alace
Changing offset is a big thing in a map,so we guys only repair the bubble
we need another BAT(or MAT) to check the whole thing
Topic Starter
iMuffin

Krisom wrote:

Charles445 wrote:

Everywhere I asked was a loud and sounding no.
Did iMuffin fix the offset yet? He has not notified me..
i fixed it all bubble it I guess
Sakura
Just get Krisom to repair the bubble, he's the one who popped it after all
foulcoon
you really added a lot to this thread. +1 mod exp
ztrot
Well I've pretty much looked it over and I'm going with 680 and I had a few others check this aw well
lolcubes
Okay I have rechecked this and I agree with offset 680. There was this one try where I had 0% mistimed with it, in any case 692 feels terribly late to me, I was getting up to 15ms early on one of the tries.
Usually when offset feels bad, it's a good idea to delete the map and redownload.

Rebubbled!
Sakura
Could you disable video on both Taiko diffs?

[Zelbrony]
00:48:680 (6) - Second reverse arrow is hidden
01:02:360 (1) - Please dont use kick sliders on the easiest diff.
01:04:280 (3) - ^
01:17:720 (1) - ^
01:19:640 (3) - ^

That's all, would be also nice if you didnt use those diff names, but oh well, can't do much about it now >_> Fix and i'll rank
ztrot
the kick sliders are fine on the diff and are not hard in any sense maybe try not popping bubbles for suggestive input and only for things that really affect game play also that slider end is not hidden.

it fades in with enough time to see it
Charles445
You can start to see the reverse at 00:49:040, then you need to know it's there at 00:49:640.

That's over half a second to see it, which is plenty to react to it.
Zelos
I have no real different things to do regarding the kick back sliders.

As for the so called hidden 2nd repeat, I agree with ztrot in it having enough time to see it however I have a feeling if I didnt do something different, this would get no where (again)

So i made a triangluar pattern with the notes.

ztrot
So it seems like this map is gonna be put on hold because of kick sliders? wow....just wow.
If you are going to insist on making changes like that you could at least give some ideas >.>
like this for example
I even added the osu for the simplicity

there you go zelos

Sakura
Well since the changes were really minor, let's say this is

Ranked!
Zelos
Thank god.
narakucrimson
Awesome background. Awesome.

>And congratulations! Great job!<