forum

Shannon Chan-Kent - Equestria Girls

posted
Total Posts
show more
Agnes
Hi, Muffy.

[General]
Song is nice, timing seems alright. The whole bit. Most I'll have is opinions to throw.

[ZelPony]

No errors.

[Muffpony]
Just a couple of suggestions:
  1. 00:17:965 (7,8) - Align these together. (Move one inch left, then one inch up)
  2. 00:57:805 (x) - Add note here?
  3. 01:13:165 (x) - ^
[ztrony]

No errors.

[MM's Taiko Poni!]
I'll check back on this later...
Anonymus_old
Only one suggestion:
Muffpony
01:02:365 - spinner till 01:03:565 and adding a new spinner from 01:03:805 till 01:05:485
Topic Starter
iMuffin

Agnes wrote:

Hi, Muffy.

[General]
Song is nice, timing seems alright. The whole bit. Most I'll have is opinions to throw.

[ZelPony]

No errors.

[Muffpony]
Just a couple of suggestions:
  1. 00:17:965 (7,8) - Align these together. (Move one inch left, then one inch up)
  2. 00:57:805 (x) - Add note here?
  3. 01:13:165 (x) - ^did those
[ztrony]

No errors.

[MM's Taiko Poni!]
I'll check back on this later...
Thanks Aggy-Sama <3
roleykatsu
The quality of the video is a bit tedious, imo :l

So, because I love this song so much and I want to get this ranked, not only am I gonna shoot a kudosu star (no problems found within the maps by the way so no mod is needed for me as of this moment), but I also went and uploaded a significantly improved quality of the video.

The thing is the video previously included only looks good if you view it in a small screen size/display. However, when osu! blows the up the video display size, everything becomes really pixelated. So hopefully the .avi version I have uploaded will look quite nicer than the previous version.

Download to the new video is available here :arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/?fytu6xay34zr1pp

For the purpose of convenience, the video file-name is the same as the previous version of the video, so no alterations of the .osu video load script is required :)

Oh yeah, also, I know we already have one taiko map for this song, but would it be okay if I make a contributed taiko map for this song as well? It shouldn't take long for me to map it considering how the song itself ain't that long.

Thanks! also brohoof trololololol.
Zelos

Roley wrote:

So, because I love this song so much and I want to get this ranked, not only am I gonna shoot a kudosu star (no problems found within the maps by the way so no mod is needed for me as of this moment), but I also went and uploaded a significantly improved quality of the video.

The thing is the video previously included only looks good if you view it in a small screen size/display. However, when osu! blows the up the video display size, everything becomes really pixelated. So hopefully the .avi version I have uploaded will look quite nicer than the previous version.

Download to the new video is available here :arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/?fytu6xay34zr1pp

For the purpose of convenience, the video file-name is the same as the previous version of the video, so no alterations of the .osu video load script is required :)

Oh yeah, also, I know we already have one taiko map for this song, but would it be okay if I make a contributed taiko map for this song as well? It shouldn't take long for me to map it considering how the song itself ain't that long.

I would maul iMuffin if he said no. you make some damn good taikos.
Topic Starter
iMuffin

Roley wrote:

as long as you can finish it quickly lol
MMzz

Zelos wrote:

Roley wrote:

I would maul iMuffin if he said no. you make some damn good taikos.
I agree ^
roleykatsu
\ :D /

Alright, my taiko difficulty is done~

Also, here's the background that will be used for my taiko map~

Both the map and the background image for it is bundled in the attached zip :D
Topic Starter
iMuffin
Ty sooo much Roley <3 added to the map also need to edit all the tags FFFFFFFFFFFF
Lizzehb
[Zelpony]

00:52:045 (2) - Kinda unexpected since the whole begining of the son it 1/1. Change to a sliderlike at 00:52:765 (4).
00:55:885 (2,3) - ^
01:00:445 (3) - This one might be ok since you don't have to move your mouse.
01:07:405 (2,3) - ^
01:11:245 (2,3) - ^
01:15:805 (3,4) - ^

[Muffpony]

00:16:045 (3,4,5,6) - To complicated for a normal. (I suggest only over lapping notes with sliders once, not twice on the same slider.)
00:20:845 (x) - Add a note?
00:20:845 (x,4,5) - Also if you add a note, I suggest making it a repeating slider.
00:34:525 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Notes on 1/4 like this are frowned upon in normals.
00:36:205 (3) - OMG NAZI I KNOW. LINE YOUR SHIT UP. kthx. :3
01:02:365 (1) - Spinner feels strange where it ends here, but there's nothing else you can do. RAGE.
01:13:165 (6) - Would look nicer if you lined this up with (3).
01:28:765 (4) - Add note.

I don't mod insanes, so I'm not touching [ztrony].
Topic Starter
iMuffin

Lizzehb wrote:

[Zelpony]

00:52:045 (2) - Kinda unexpected since the whole begining of the son it 1/1. Change to a sliderlike at 00:52:765 (4).
00:55:885 (2,3) - ^

I'll talk to Zelos about his diff

[Muffpony]

00:16:045 (3,4,5,6) - To complicated for a normal. (I suggest only over lapping notes with sliders once, not twice on the same slider.)who says it's a normal?
00:20:845 (x) - Add a note?doesn't need it
00:20:845 (x,4,5) - Also if you add a note, I suggest making it a repeating slider.
00:34:525 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Notes on 1/4 like this are frowned upon in normals.again not a normal and if you look back I was told to add the second set
00:36:205 (3) - OMG NAZI I KNOW. LINE YOUR SHIT UP. kthx. :3the 5 was off not 3 but fixed
01:02:365 (1) - Spinner feels strange where it ends here, but there's nothing else you can do. RAGE.
01:13:165 (6) - Would look nicer if you lined this up with (3).it's lined up with a different note
01:28:765 (4) - Add note.naaahhh

I don't mod insanes, so I'm not touching [ztrony].
Ty for the mod lizzy <3
Zelos

Lizzehb wrote:

[Zelpony]
00:52:045 (2) - Kinda unexpected since the whole begining of the son it 1/1. Change to a sliderlike at 00:52:765 (4). its not really unexpected.
00:55:885 (2,3) - ^ its also not that hard to hit 1/2 notes at 125 BPM
didnt really take any of these mods.
Also iMuffin change my diff name to ZelBrony please:3
SapphireGhost
I've decided to re-word the mod post in a more readable manner for people who would prefer it that way. The old mod could have been more readable, and I apologize for not doing so in the first place. The new mod has the same content as the old mod minus the reaction images and some of my random comments. If for any reason you would like to see the mod exactly the way it was when it was given kudosu by Jarby and denied kudosu by ztrot, PM me. Thank you for understanding, and please forgive me for my former mod post.

[General]
- As suggested by NotShinta, add "Katy Perry", "Snoop Dogg", and "California Gurls" to tags. I would also suggest putting "Pinkie Pie" in tags.
- The correct source is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic with the colon.
- The difficulty spread could be improved.
- Your background image is letterboxed to the point where it isn't close to 4:3.

[Zelos]
00:15:565 (6) - I don't advise stacking notes under sliders in an Easy because it can be confusing for newer players.
00:31:405 (1,1) - You don't have enough recovery time after the spinner before hitting the next note which is also frustrating for new players. In fact, I prefer to leave spinners out of Easy difficulties in general unless a break comes afterwards.
00:42:445 (6) - Same thing about stacking notes under sliders.
00:48:685 (5) - Do not use kicksliders on Easy difficulties, it's hard for newer players because (from what I've seen) they try to go back and forth on the track instead of holding their cursor.
01:04:285 (3) - Same thing about kicksliders.
01:17:725 (1,2,3) - ^

[Muffin]
This difficulty could be neatened up, too many notes are stacked on top of each other.
00:23:245 (1,2,3,4,5) - Pattern is very messy and could be cleaned up.
00:34:525 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Don't use triplets if you avoid them for the rest of the map for consistency.
01:27:805 (2,3,4) - This pattern can be confusing taking hitbursts into account.

[ztrot]
00:10:765 (1,2) - I don't see how this fits the song.
00:14:605 (1,2) - There are a lot of these, if it matters to you.
00:36:925 (6,1,2,3) - Overlap doesn't look good.
00:45:325 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Change the combo pattern to (1,2,1,2,1,2)?
01:17:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This combo is a bit long.

[Taikos]
These looked good!
roleykatsu

SapphireGhost wrote:

mod
I. LOVE. THIS. MOD.

Though I cannot be for certain about the osu!-difficulty maps (since I don't specialize in modding or mapping them), I can undoubtedly agree about the background images. Though most players (correct me If I'm wrong) will proabably play the map with the video mode enabled, it would still be much more pleasant to have a fitting background for the song.

The song is about fancy ponies being fancy in fancy ponyland Equestria, not fancy ponies preparing for war fancily lolserious war time.

Rawr, I'm a pony.
No wait, I'm a person.
Larto
SapphireGhost is the best person ever and that is the only reason I'm even showing up in this thread. Wait, no, the fade out at the end sounds terrible because it happens so very very fast. I thought I'd like to mention that.
dkun

SapphireGhost wrote:

lolmodpost
what the shit is this
this looks so nazi, it's ridiculous.

your little responses look so childish it's not even funny.
Topic Starter
iMuffin

SapphireGhost wrote:

Okay I'm gonna take this and put it in the stop being so butt hurt I didn't use your difficulty and background pile and remind you for the last time that I am NOT using that background. I also would like to point out that i only have one difficulty of my own because people came to me and asked to make a difficulty, except for MMzz, I asked him for a taiko. Now I will add the tags because that is the only thing I cared to decipher among all the useless and cluttering screenshots, but the rest of it can poot off.
Mara
i like turtles

take this star

msg too short

ok mod

00:15:565 (6) - best thing ever change combo dunno

ok kudosu

dkun I am better than him deal with it

I need 24 kudosu
SapphireGhost

iMuffin wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

Okay I'm gonna take this and put it in the stop being so butt hurt I didn't use your difficulty and background pile and remind you for the last time that I am NOT using that background. I also would like to point out that i only have one difficulty of my own because people came to me and asked to make a difficulty, except for MMzz, I asked him for a taiko. Now I will add the tags because that is the only thing I cared to decipher among all the useless and cluttering screenshots, but the rest of it can poot off.
I'm fine with you not using my difficulty because it's your mapset and your choice, and that's alright. However, it has nothing to do with me disliking the mapset the way it is now. Even though so many people asked to make a difficulty, there's still enough room for you to make another one, so you don't have an excuse for being lazy there. I'm sorry if you didn't like the screenshots, sir, but there was also actual mod content in that post. I've edited the clutter out of the post and would appreciate if you could check the suggestions you didn't care to decipher before. Thanks.

4 day late edit: I'm happy we all learned a valuable lesson about friendship.
dkun

SapphireGhost wrote:

rantrantrantbutthurt
I'm sorry, who the hell mods with retarded pictures from storyboards?
Why should he take your mod post seriously when you don't even take your own shit seriously?

Mods should be straight forward, not content you should decipher with something. It's his set, he can decide what he wants with it. Now you want to be serious when you've been called out with your BS?

jajajajajajjaja funny
Topic Starter
iMuffin

dkun wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

rantrantrantbutthurt
I'm sorry, who the hell mods with retarded pictures from storyboards?
Why should he take your mod post seriously when you don't even take your own shit seriously?

Mods should be straight forward, not content you should decipher with something. It's his set, he can decide what he wants with it. Now you want to be serious when you've been called out with your BS?

jajajajajajjaja funny

sums it up pretty good
Jarby

dkun wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

rantrantrantbutthurt

SapphireGhost wrote:

I've edited the clutter out of the post and would appreciate if you could check the suggestions you didn't care to decipher before. Thanks.
dkun, there's no point stirring shit here anymore. Are you seriously trying to reprimand him for attempting to resolve a conflict when his joke upset someone? Think about who's being the most childish one here.
dkun

Jarby wrote:

dkun, there's no point stirring shit here anymore. Are you seriously trying to reprimand him for attempting to resolve a conflict when his joke upset someone? Think about who's being the most childish one here.
No point stirring shit? I'm sorry, if he didn't start in the first place, this wouldn't of happened.

That's not resolving a conflict. That joke shouldn't of been there in the first place. I'm not the one being childish, I'm the one being serious.
And, you for kudo'ing the post in the first place? Childish, right.
Jarby

dkun wrote:

Jarby wrote:

No point stirring shit? I'm sorry, if he didn't start in the first place, this wouldn't of happened.

That's not resolving a conflict. That joke shouldn't of been there in the first place. I'm not the one being childish, I'm the one being serious.
Okay, so the joke was a mistake. He removed it. He's condensed his mod post and is doing his best to improve the map now without offending the mapper. His post had constructive content in it and deserved kudosu from the start, I simply gave it kudosu when he linked it because I found it hilarious. Dunno why it was denied later. Anyway, there's nothing more we should have to say as third parties. Drop it.
Topic Starter
iMuffin
if anyone would like to continue this convo then pm me or something instead of filling thread with flame plox

kthxbai
dkun

Jarby wrote:

dkun wrote:

Okay, so the joke was a mistake. He removed it. He's condensed his mod post and is doing his best to improve the map now without offending the mapper. His post had constructive content in it and deserved kudosu from the start, I simply gave it kudosu when he linked it because I found it hilarious. Dunno why it was denied later. Anyway, there's nothing more we should have to say as third parties. Drop it.
Sure, i'll drop it. But would he of done so if I hadn't said anything? Right.
Not everyone thinks all jokes are funny. Having to decipher a modpost doesn't deserve kudosu.
And sure, I guess I have nothing more to say.
NotShinta
The following mod post is to be read in the most monotonous tone possible, but with less emotion.

General:
- What Sapphire means is that your current background, has large letterboxing, which doesn't look good. On top of that is that it isn't even of the ratio 4:3, which means white letterboxes on top of the black ones on the preview. Plus, its mock sinisterness clashes with the mood of the song. There are plenty more you can choose from, like this one, this one, or this one. Okay, that last one was not funny. But I know what is. 4TVb
- To refer to Sapphire again, what he means with the Sia reaction images is that your spread could be greatly improved with an Easy and/or preferably a difficolty between Zelos' and Muffin's. Mogsworth talked about making a Normal, but he's rarely present, and I had a difficulty mapped but it's a patterny Insane. I'd like to see one of the difficulties from you, actually, as Muffpony shows some promise despite all the hiddeny and stacky notes.
- You still haven't added the suggested tags, I think you must have not gotten around to it or forgotten to update the beatmap. If so, sorry for any redundancies that might pop up here. And Sappha has a good point about the colon. THERE I DON'T NEED TO REFERENCE HIM ANYMORE

zbaloney:
- Sorry if I repeat myself here at all, since I have modded this before.
- This is one of those difficulties that I hated at first but seem alright later on. Eyup.
00:14:125 (5) - I think this would look better a grid or two up and right. Or something else. Basically, I'm saying you could make this a more perfect rhombus. And in my opinion, would look much better and consistent! :D.
00:17:965 (2) - I think whistles on this start and end would work nicely.
00:23:005 - A hitcircle here would be nice, gets rid of the awkward pause there and I think fits slightly better. Plus it's more consistent. Although I've probably pointed this exact thing out before.

Muffhorse:
- For future reference, be careful using such stacky patterns as they can be difficult to read and not very good to look at. This map, however, works well enough.
- Otherwise, quite nice. I think I pointed out everything I wanted to last time.

ZelMy Little Pony: Friendship is Magic adult male fan:
00:15:565 (6) - Indeed, I wouldn't recommend stacking on a slider end on a lower-level difficulty, much less the lowest of the mapset. It can be very difficult to read the timing of this. AndincrediblydifficulttospotonHidden but still.
00:33:805 (1) - A hitobject 1/1 after a spinner is not recommended on an easier difficulty; this is because some spinning methods may require more time to recover, so 1/1 to react might not be enough for Easy players.
00:42:445 (6) - I talked about hitcircles hiding under slider ends earlier.
00:48:685 (5) - Kicksliders like this might ALSO be difficult, as the player cannot easily see where they end, and as some said, they may find it difficult attempting to go back and forth rather than staying in one spot as they are designed to do.
00:50:605 (1) - A finish on the start of this would be lovely.
01:02:365 (1,2,3) - Yeah, kicksliders again. In fact, you'd probably get a better mod just looking at Sappha's. Who's lovely despite everything. Oops, I did it again.
01:05:965 (1) - Of course, finish again.
01:13:165 (5) - You might want to move this up a grid for straight lines. Or not. Dear God, I'm a horrible person.

Cool.
ztrot
[ztrot]
00:10:765 (1,2) - I don't see how this fits the song. The bass
00:14:605 (1,2) - There are a lot of these, if it matters to you. The bass
00:36:925 (6,1,2,3) - Overlap doesn't look good. only if you are looking in the editor the notes that overlap are long gone by that time.
00:45:325 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Change the combo pattern to (1,2,1,2,1,2)? not really needed~
01:17:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This combo is a bit long. Yet it fits the music~
Zelos

NotShinta wrote:

The following mod post is to be read in the most monotonous tone possible, but with less emotion.
Someone should get that guy who does those eye drop commercials.

ZelMy Little Pony: Friendship is Magic adult male fan:
00:15:565 (6) - Indeed, I wouldn't recommend stacking on a slider end on a lower-level difficulty, much less the lowest of the mapset. It can be very difficult to read the timing of this. AndincrediblydifficulttospotonHidden but still. fixed by making a pretty triangle
00:33:805 (1) - A hitobject 1/1 after a spinner is not recommended on an easier difficulty; this is because some spinning methods may require more time to recover, so 1/1 to react might not be enough for Easy players. all feexed
00:42:445 (6) - I talked about hitcircles hiding under slider ends earlier. did another pretty little triangle shape with this mod.
00:48:685 (5) - Kicksliders like this might ALSO be difficult, as the player cannot easily see where they end, and as some said, they may find it difficult attempting to go back and forth rather than staying in one spot as they are designed to do. oh come on they arent THAT hard.
00:50:605 (1) - A finish on the start of this would be lovely. okie
01:02:365 (1,2,3) - Yeah, kicksliders again. In fact, you'd probably get a better mod just looking at Sappha's. Who's lovely despite everything. Oops, I did it again. spamming spinners would make it harder for easy players. so im keeping this here.
01:05:965 (1) - Of course, finish again. okie
01:13:165 (5) - You might want to move this up a grid for straight lines. Or not. Dear God, I'm a horrible person. cant you see the isosceles triangle?
Thankies Shinta-sama.

Download: Shannon Chan-Kent - Equestria Girls (iMuffin) [Zelbrony].osu
Topic Starter
iMuffin

NotShinta wrote:

General:
- What Sapphire means is that your current background, has large letterboxing, which doesn't look good. On top of that is that it isn't even of the ratio 4:3, which means white letterboxes on top of the black ones on the preview. Plus, its mock sinisterness clashes with the mood of the song. There are plenty more you can choose from, like this one, this one, or this one. Okay, that last one was not funny. But I know what is. 4TVb chose one that wasn't one of those but i think works just fine
- To refer to Sapphire again, what he means with the Sia reaction images is that your spread could be greatly improved with an Easy and/or preferably a difficolty between Zelos' and Muffin's. Mogsworth talked about making a Normal, but he's rarely present, and I had a difficulty mapped but it's a patterny Insane. I'd like to see one of the difficulties from you, actually, as Muffpony shows some promise despite all the hiddeny and stacky notes.if it becomes a huge issue then i will
- You still haven't added the suggested tags, I think you must have not gotten around to it or forgotten to update the beatmap. If so, sorry for any redundancies that might pop up here. And Sappha has a good point about the colon. THERE I DON'T NEED TO REFERENCE HIM ANYMOREAdded them to all the difficulties

zbaloney:
- Sorry if I repeat myself here at all, since I have modded this before.
- This is one of those difficulties that I hated at first but seem alright later on. Eyup.
00:14:125 (5) - I think this would look better a grid or two up and right. Or something else. Basically, I'm saying you could make this a more perfect rhombus. And in my opinion, would look much better and consistent! .ive fixed that
00:17:965 (2) - I think whistles on this start and end would work nicely.
00:23:005 - A hitcircle here would be nice, gets rid of the awkward pause there and I think fits slightly better. Plus it's more consistent. Although I've probably pointed this exact thing out before.can't remember if z wanted me to do these other ones or not though.

Muffhorse:
- For future reference, be careful using such stacky patterns as they can be difficult to read and not very good to look at. This map, however, works well enough.will keep that in mind
- Otherwise, quite nice. I think I pointed out everything I wanted to last time.
tyty
Takuma
Ayyyy wats poppinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Backfire
Roley's Taiko -
00:50:125 (268,269,270,271) - This section bothered me just a bit. I wouldve liked if 269 and 270 were connected to the note before and 271 was a finish. Makes much more emphasis, sounds better too.
00:54:445 (291) - Finish?
01:09:685 - remove and the note after it make it a finish too?

Holy crap MMzz's taiko is fucking easy ;w;
SapphireGhost
Really weird background ratio, sir.
Just use that background, apply the taiko mod, and ask for a rebubble.
Takuma
ya well ok, ya

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Krisom
I'm guessing Roley didn't do anything then?
Son, I am pleased.
roleykatsu

Krisom wrote:

I'm guessing Roley didn't do anything then?

Nah, I went over the mod - I didn't like it nor it seems like any of the alterations sound fitting from the original idea I had for the map difficulty, so I rejected them all.

...Sorry, Backfire. >__<
Backfire
Playability and Gameplay over ideas. But whatever. All I saw, is you tried to make it as hard as you could or something. I dont know why this needed 2 taikos but oh well.
ztrot
OMG RANK THIS! I mean really please I'd buy you a cookie :D or whatever you wanna do is fine~
Zelos

ztrot wrote:

OMG RANK THIS! I mean really please I'd buy you a cookie :D or whatever you wanna do is fine~
Larto
I don't want to enhance the lovely drama on this map any further, but why exactly did you think that the difficulty names which mean almost nothing except for that you are zelos and you are a pony are a good idea? Not trying to be mean but uh
show more